IGNORED

Erika Shupe *fake smile* Large Families on Purpose Part 2

DaffyDill

zadie said:
Just to keep everyone who isn't following on fb updated, these two comments were posted by two different people after her reply.

"Whilst you and I understand that these jokes are merely jokes, less godly people might take this as permission to engage in Halloween. I am worried that, while trying to be good, Christian examples, you might be mistakenly leading people astray. As you said earlier, appearances matter. By laughing at Halloween silliness, or pointing out it's ridiculousness, I think we should be careful of giving the wrong impression to others not as secure in their faith, that's all."

"But if you choose to avoid Halloween because of its celebration of death and pagan origins, why does your husband post things on facebook that make a joke out of violence and death? I encourage you to take a closer look at the Lord's word about speaking evil:

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. -Proverbs 18:21

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.-Ephesians 4:29"

I'm assuming those are both FJers, but even if they're not I still wanna say I love you guys. :hug4:

:handgestures-thumbup:

!  {TEXT1}:
Part One of the Thread is here:
happy atheist said:
Previous thread here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25981

Erika archive: viewforum.php?f=207

How to summarize Erika? *wince* Erika has 9 homeschooled kids and recently suffered a miscarriage. She does not believe that women in their 40s are more likely to suffer miscarriages, instead claiming that that's just something doctors made up out of fear of overpopulation. *incredulous look*

All of her children, from the 16-year-old down to the toddlers, go to bed at the same time. But the teens are allowed to get up as early as they want! *raspberry* Their days are blocked out in 15 minute increments, and everything is superduper organized. Objects are only allowed to be used for their intended purpose, except for beach towels. Her kids are allowed to get as creative as they want with their beach towels. *yawn* She utilizes a point system with her kids, that allows them to earn exciting rewards such as a single jelly bean! And they don't get to choose the flavor! Her teens enjoyed fiction reading too much, so now they're only allowed to do it for a few hours on the weekends. *sob*

All of the girls are crammed into one tiny bedroom, and the boys are crammed into another. *cry*

And she has this incredibly annoying way of writing out emoticons. *smile* <-- like this. And she overuses the everlovin' fuck out of them. *scream*

Enjoy with us, won't you, the hyper-controlling Erika Shupe and her poor family.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is pretty obvious that she doesn't know how to reply to this. She has made such a big deal that even giving the appearance of celebrating Halloween is wrong, so how does she defend her husband posting Halloween jokes? She can't. And she knows it. And it is driving her insane. :lol: This has gotten out of Erika's control. Instead of getting to post about how her family has nothing to do with that evil Halloween she has been put in a position of having to defend Halloween jokes.

This is wonderful!

It is! I will randomly think about it during the day and start laughing. She is SUCH a control freak and holds her family image and her need to be right above all else. I KNOW this is driving her BATSHIT no matter what she says.

This is amazing. I feel for those poor kids so much and knowing I did a little bit to pull Erika down a few pegs makes me feel awesome. :cracking-up:

Maybe she went off on Bob about making her look bad? Do you think he just listens to her and goes on?

Will he be sent to the basement for the night? Will he sleep in the boys room? Will he sleep with Happy?

What will Bob's punishment be?

Well obviously posts from 2014 have been covered by the precious blood of Jesus and Bob's memes have been washed whiter than snow! That's Bible!

It's probably a conspiracy to persecute Christians that it was pointed out anyway. Detractors, that's what! And here Erika is trying to pray pint sized super heros out of the grips of Satan! Get it together guys...appearances matter...just not for Erika's family! How could they appear anything but holy?

I just want to say thank you, FJ friends! You're helping me stay entertained and distracted from horrific pain with lots of laughter and fun today!

Christ on a cracker, Bob posts on Facebook like it's his job! :shock:

I just noticed his free range parenting meme, to which he added the following comment:

I would tend to think I had far too much freedom but wouldnt trade it in for anything.

Remember that when your kindergarten age daughters are locked in a playpen. Remember that when your wife has your children running in circles on the deck because they aren't allowed to play in the yard. Remember that when your teenage daughters aren't allowed to drive because Erika. Remember that when Erika is selecting one jelly bean to pay your daughter for several hours worth of babysitting work. :evil:

I just want to say thank you, FJ friends! You're helping me stay entertained and distracted from horrific pain with lots of laughter and fun today!

You're welcome. My good friend Penelope is indeed a wise and god fearing woman. She is a real blessing :pray:

You're welcome. My good friend Penelope is indeed a wise and god fearing woman. She is a real blessing :pray:

You know, when I read Penelope's post, I could tell she's a precious young lady who really purposes to live a pure and holy life! What a sweet disposition she has! I bet she's a joy to be around! :)

Christ on a cracker, Bob posts on Facebook like it's his job! :shock:

I just noticed his free range parenting meme, to which he added the following comment:

Remember that when your kindergarten age daughters are locked in a playpen. Remember that when your wife has your children running in circles on the deck because they aren't allowed to play in the yard. Remember that when your teenage daughters aren't allowed to drive because Erika. Remember that when Erika is selecting one jelly bean to pay your daughter for several hours worth of babysitting work. :evil:

I want to send him this Bible verse:

Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.-Proverbs 17:28

Its a nice biblical spin on the famous Mark Twain quote: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

I'm so delighted by this Erika drama. I can imagine her squirming in her computer chair. I wonder if it would kill her to admit she is wrong? Would she sooner drop dead than say, "You're right, I'm wrong"? Now she gets a taste of her own judgmental medicine

I think it really might kill her to admit she was wrong, or in this case that her family doesn't avoid Halloween as much as she has implied.

How much of it is avoiding the evil and how much is it about her being cheap?

Or does she just want the day to be about her?

I reckon a lot of it is avoiding the evil. She's got dressing up boxes, but not of Halloween-type costumes obviously. And she probably DOES want the day to be about her seeing as it's her birthday and all.

They could use the dress up costumes for Halloween. I never once went as something "scary." It was always princesses and stuff like that. I think Erika is too lazy for Halloween (and also cheap, because she'd be obligated to give out candy if she sent her kids out for some). It would take hours to get the kids properly suited up, since it's probably quite chilly in Washington that time of year. It would take many hands to keep the kids in line while going from door to door. Then having to deal with the candy afterward would be a headache.

No, better to sit inside and watch a movie with Erika, just as God intended. If God wanted them to celebrate Halloween, he would have made Erika born the day before or the day after.

They could use the dress up costumes for Halloween. I never once went as something "scary." It was always princesses and stuff like that. I think Erika is too lazy for Halloween (and also cheap, because she'd be obligated to give out candy if she sent her kids out for some). It would take hours to get the kids properly suited up, since it's probably quite chilly in Washington that time of year. It would take many hands to keep the kids in line while going from door to door. Then having to deal with the candy afterward would be a headache.

No, better to sit inside and watch a movie with Erika, just as God intended. If God wanted them to celebrate Halloween, he would have made Erika born the day before or the day after.

Yup, definitely. This is the woman who gives ONE jellybean at a time, and not in a flavour of their choice. She also thinks that Froot Loops are a fun dessert. She might make out that it's all about avoiding the evil, but I bet the abundance of candy plays into it as well.

The Halloween Facebook post is now gone! Presto...never happened! *wink*

Y'all she's being persecuted because she's a Christian and the world doesn't like Christians.

Imagine her at church this morning telling this story. The refrains of "stay strong" and "I'll pray for you " reverberating through her whispy bangs as she sits listening to the sermon.

It's still up, just no longer stickied to the top.

Its pretty transparent that she unstickied it because she doesn't want to engage with the dissenters anymore. This way she can willfully ignore what's going on in that post. I'll be genuinely shocked if she replies to any of the latest FJers' comments.

Its pretty transparent that she unstickied it because she doesn't want to engage with the dissenters anymore. This way she can willfully ignore what's going on in that post. I'll be genuinely shocked if she replies to any of the latest FJers' comments.

My question is, are all of those recent comments by FJ? Not to Pat ourselves on the back or anything but *pat, pat* I felt like we did an excellent job of blending in! Anyway, I thought one of the recent ones with the Bible verses was just a random Erika reader... Am I wrong?

Re: the single jelly bean. This strikes me as cruel. I'm not a parent but I have been a nanny for years. Other than potty training (in which case I would let a 2 year old choose their own) I can't imagine EVER "rewarding" a child that way! When I first read that about her it made me want to throw things!

My question is, are all of those recent comments by FJ? Not to Pat ourselves on the back or anything but *pat, pat* I felt like we did an excellent job of blending in! Anyway, I thought one of the recent ones with the Bible verses was just a random Erika reader... Am I wrong?

Re: the single jelly bean. This strikes me as cruel. I'm not a parent but I have been a nanny for years. Other than potty training (in which case I would let a 2 year old choose their own) I can't imagine EVER "rewarding" a child that way! When I first read that about her it made me want to throw things!

Maybe it was an Fjer who remembers too much from Sunday school, and was inspired by her binge-watching of Snake Salvation on netflix to post the bible verses... :whistle: :dance:

Maybe it was an Fjer who remembers too much from Sunday school, and was inspired by her binge-watching of Snake Salvation on netflix to post the bible verses... :whistle: :dance:

Awesome!!47b20s0.gif

Why do people like her always think the world wants to know the minutia of her household? Does she really think people are waiting with baited breath to find out just exactly how she organizes her pantry? Is that really the most fascinating thing in her life?

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived