IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

I'm sticking with JInger and Lawson are at least pre-courting / getting to know each other better til' it's proven otherwise.  Yes, I still believe that despite there being three denials from the Bates camp.  1 was their friend on instagram saying they were only friends, 2 was his aunt saying they're not courting, and 3 was the Bates blog run by Lily and Ellie who do have contact with the family.  Before they seemed more sure but now less so. They also confirmed that there is another courtship but can't reveal who it is til' they get permission from the family.  I would be surprised if it's anyone other than Nathan and Ashley. 

snipped.

If this is the blog you're referring to, it is definitely by Lily and Ellie- they listed it under the header.  Ellie was in the Duggar's hair video, so I'd say it's a safe bet they talk with the Bates' as well.

http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/

This is the blog that denied the courtship: http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/ 

http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/are-lawson-and-jinger-courting.html

http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/possible-courtship.html

I read those links and it doesn't categorically deny the rumors, just says "nobody's courting right now." Is there a firmer denial floating around somewhere? I could believe it was all coincidence except for the video at the football game. But all of it together either says that they're dating or at least trying to troll us. Which is fine, I guess. I think with all our stalking we deserve to be trolled now and then. 

From the batesfamblog.blogspot.com on October 8th in answer to ARE JINGER AND LAWSON COURTING?:

This question keeps popping up on both facebook and on here, Lawson and Jinger are just friend. There is no courtship as of right now. We asked a few weeks ago about the rumors and we were told that he is not courting anyone.

Then on October 17th in answer to Possible Courtship:

The rumor right now is Lawson is in a courtship with jinger duggar but it's false of right now.

So on the 8th they're just friends and there's no courtship as of right now and by the 17th it's false as of right now.  The right now part is a little suspicious.  It's like there's nothing to report right now but there might be something soon.  This is how Jessa's pregnancy denials sounded until she confirmed she was pregnant.

It's very possible that there's nothing going on but it sure is fun to speculate in the absence of real news.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of the Bateses and one of their relatives (either grandmother or aunt, can't remember) have both said that there is nothing going on.

What I notice is that a lot of the denials (and I haven't read all) seem to be qualifying the denial with some version of "at the present time."  

So I would say it is safe to assume that though there may not be a formal courtship, it has not been ruled out.  

I'm liking this thinking.  I'm 49 in a few weeks, so I'm definitely not nearly 50, right? Can someone tell my knees and hip that please.

I'll be 49  in December so I'm right behind you.  We are most definitely NOT nearing 50!. We are still firmly in our 40's.

I'm sticking with JInger and Lawson are at least pre-courting / getting to know each other better til' it's proven otherwise.  Yes, I still believe that despite there being three denials from the Bates camp.  1 was their friend on instagram saying they were only friends, 2 was his aunt saying they're not courting, and 3 was the Bates blog run by Lily and Ellie who do have contact with the family.  Before they seemed more sure but now less so. They also confirmed that there is another courtship but can't reveal who it is til' they get permission from the family.  I would be surprised if it's anyone other than Nathan and Ashley. 

snipped.

If this is the blog you're referring to, it is definitely by Lily and Ellie- they listed it under the header.  Ellie was in the Duggar's hair video, so I'd say it's a safe bet they talk with the Bates' as well.

http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/

This is the blog that denied the courtship: http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/ 

http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/are-lawson-and-jinger-courting.html

http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/possible-courtship.html

I read those links and it doesn't categorically deny the rumors, just says "nobody's courting right now." Is there a firmer denial floating around somewhere? I could believe it was all coincidence except for the video at the football game. But all of it together either says that they're dating or at least trying to troll us. Which is fine, I guess. I think with all our stalking we deserve to be trolled now and then. 

From the batesfamblog.blogspot.com on October 8th in answer to ARE JINGER AND LAWSON COURTING?:

This question keeps popping up on both facebook and on here, Lawson and Jinger are just friend. There is no courtship as of right now. We asked a few weeks ago about the rumors and we were told that he is not courting anyone.

Then on October 17th in answer to Possible Courtship:

The rumor right now is Lawson is in a courtship with jinger duggar but it's false of right now.

So on the 8th they're just friends and there's no courtship as of right now and by the 17th it's false as of right now.  The right now part is a little suspicious.  It's like there's nothing to report right now but there might be something soon.  This is how Jessa's pregnancy denials sounded until she confirmed she was pregnant.

It's very possible that there's nothing going on but it sure is fun to speculate in the absence of real news.

As a Degreed Law Professional, I'm fixated on the "false of right now" and "no courtship as of right now". I wasn't sold beforehand, but given these statements, I'm almost sure they are in a "getting to know you" phase, but there hasn't been an office "courtship proposal" as per Marj/Josiah. :dance:

Very suspicious wording, as of right now or at the present time. "No not right now" is what I always say when I'm trying to get around answering a question, so...makes me think that something is definitely going on. 

Gil certainly had no problem with Zach and Whitney. She was adopted. Adoption is anti-Gothard too.

Gil certainly had no problem with Zach and Whitney. She was adopted. Adoption is anti-Gothard too.

Probably more bothered by the fact that they kissed before marriage lol

I guess neither side could foresee all the speculation that would ensue about a possible courtship after a few innocent pictures were posted.  Lawson removed the video showing Jinger sitting next to him at a football game really quickly.  I think from now on they'll all be very careful not to add fuel to the fire by posting any more "evidence" in the coming weeks or months, at least til' they're ready to confirm or deny.  I was waiting for the '?" to turn into a "!" in the thread topic but will have to settle for being in limbo for now. :)

They did??!! :shocked:  The scandal!

If there is something in the works, I could see both families being really careful with pictures. Jill's courtship with Derick was prematurely outed when a poster here found a picture where he had his arm around her.

If there is something in the works, I could see both families being really careful with pictures. Jill's courtship with Derick was prematurely outed when a poster here found a picture where he had his arm around her.

Sl did Jessa's. (Or didn't? I am not sure, i didn't start reading in ffreejinger until after christmas of that year)

I thought it was outed when they were doing a Today Show interview back in their glory days, and one of the littles yelled out something about Jill courting.

I thought it was outed when they were doing a Today Show interview back in their glory days, and one of the littles yelled out something about Jill courting.

Yup, I remember that and then it became Jessa who?

One of the little girls on the show said "And Jill! And Jill!" when they asked who was courting. Everyone kind of ignored it. Then a photo was leaked (on the cameraman's or producer's instagram, I think?) of Jill standing next to a guy in a family group shot. He didn't have his arm around her, she was just standing next to him. But he was the only non-family member in the photo and they were standing really close. So that's pretty much when we knew.

I am so over all this timing bullshit.  I know they are on reality shows, but I can't imagine hiding exciting stuff about my life.  Who gives a fuck?  If anything, them announcing a courtship, a pregnancy or even a sneeze will probably boost ratings anyway.

I remember the little girls yelling "And Jill!" about the courtship on the show. I coulda sworn Derick had his arm around Jill, though. Maybe not.  :think: At any rate, they were so close together in the photo that I swore if they weren't courting, I'd eat my keyboard.

Honestly, I think the reason that no one from either party has directly said "it's not happening" is because it's good press. The Duggars need good press after this summer, and the Bates can always use the added fame to help get more people watching their show. They will milk this rumor for all it's worth, whether or not there is an actual courtship happening.

Also, if my theory that it's Joy who is courting is true, it's great for them because it keeps the backlash at bay (as I've said before, they've already seen what it's like when they let Josiah court Marjorie when she was 17). While I wouldn't be surprised if they announced her courtship as soon as she turns 18, I also wouldn't put it past them to let these Jinger/Lawson rumors continue until there's an actual ring on Joy's finger, which could be a full year.

The denials of the Lawson/Jinger courtship are worded so carefully that I think that they are certainly "dating with a purpose" right now. 

I still think Lawson became someone Jinger trusted talking to during the unearthing of the scandals and things grew from there.  And maybe Joseph pushed them together as he spent more time with the Bateses last year. 

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but this idea that keeps getting floated around that Jinger confided in Lawson during the scandals is completely divorced from reality. Jinger is not allowed to communicate with any male outside her family without parental supervision. I can't imagine she was texting him her deepest fears and worries in a group chat with Jim Bob and Michelle.

I don't think the denials were carefully worded. I think the most likely explanation for the Bates blog using 'as of now' is to keep the interest and hype going. If they categorically deny a courtship, people lose interest and they don't get as many clicks. If they leave the door open just a crack to the possibility, the clicks keep rolling in.

, I also wouldn't put it past them to let these Jinger/Lawson rumors continue until there's an actual ring on Joy's finger, which could be a full year.

I don't believe they would use Jinger as a decoy.  Wouldn't that limit JInger's courtship opportunities if word got out that she may not be available?

I still think Lawson became someone Jinger trusted talking to during the unearthing of the scandals and things grew from there.  And maybe Joseph pushed them together as he spent more time with the Bateses last year. 

Lawson and Jinger likely wouldn't get an opportunity to talk alone.  Can't see an unrelated male being able to be a confidante to a SAHD.  Heck, they can barely sneak in a private conversation while being chaperoned during a courtship.

They did??!! :shocked:  The scandal!

I don't think they consider Whitney adopted because Kelly and Gil encouraged her to make up with her bio parents and completely cut off the adopted ones.

Why would you have your purse slung over your body while shooting a bow & arrow? Does Jinger think she's Katniss and she's fighting to the death in The Hunger Games? 

Any chance that could actually be a quiver slung over her? I don't know a lot about archery but it looks like it could be angled right to hold arrows where she could draw them over her head.  (Is that pic reversed too? I didn't think Jinger was left-handed, but I could be wrong.)

I believe Jinger is left-handed.  I seem to remember seeing a picture or video of her (can't remember which, exactly) signing books with her left hand on a family book tour.

, I also wouldn't put it past them to let these Jinger/Lawson rumors continue until there's an actual ring on Joy's finger, which could be a full year.

I don't believe they would use Jinger as a decoy.  Wouldn't that limit JInger's courtship opportunities if word got out that she may not be available?

Lawson and Jinger likely wouldn't get an opportunity to talk alone.  Can't see an unrelated male being able to be a confidante to a SAHD.  Heck, they can barely sneak in a private conversation while being chaperoned during a courtship.

Jinger would probably talk to Joe, though, and he could've relayed something to Lawson if he was "encouraging" a courtship between them. I still think Lawson is really self centered, and honestly him picking Jinger could also reek of him just wanting someone whose going to be a follower of him. Jinger has said on TV that she prefers not to lead. He probably wants someone to manipulate easily since he's quite possibly a narcissistic. 

But I suppose that could be said of many fundie males. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived