IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

Gil certainly had no problem with Zach and Whitney. She was adopted. Adoption is anti-Gothard too.

Probably more bothered by the fact that they kissed before marriage lol

They did??!! :shocked:  The scandal!

They did! Didn't admit it until after they were married but they did! 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but I don't like the pairing Lawson and Jinger. Jinger seems too shy and timid and Lawson has such a big personality. I wouldn't want Jinger to be a doormat or just overrun by his ego.

I can imagine Jinger with someon artsy and quiet, like she is.

Or maybe she is actually not shy and timid but just got her personality crushed by her parents? Do you think we see the real Jinger? With Jessa and Jill I have the impression that they show their real spirit more or less, but Jinger...idk

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but this idea that keeps getting floated around that Jinger confided in Lawson during the scandals is completely divorced from reality. Jinger is not allowed to communicate with any male outside her family without parental supervision. I can't imagine she was texting him her deepest fears and worries in a group chat with Jim Bob and Michelle.

I don't think the denials were carefully worded. I think the most likely explanation for the Bates blog using 'as of now' is to keep the interest and hype going. If they categorically deny a courtship, people lose interest and they don't get as many clicks. If they leave the door open just a crack to the possibility, the clicks keep rolling in.

I posted above your post that Lawson being there for Jinger to talk to when the scandals hit ... I didn't know this was a theory that was floating around.  It was just something I thought could have happened and happened pretty easily.   What if Joe came home for summer break and Lawson came for a visit to see him and during his visit, him, Joe and Jinger were sitting on a couch in the living room and Jinger would say something and Lawson would reply etc.    It is true that these kids can not spend time alone with someone of the other sex (or the parents make it hard for them too), but they can carry on conversations and talk to them one on one.  They could sit by each other at meals, bible time etc.   And, Jessa and Ben texted back and forth before they were in a courtship, Boob and Mechille even said so.  The text also went to them too, but they were able to text one another.

The truth is, none of us knows what is really happening, we are all speculating.  I have said before that when the rumors first came out of a possible Jinger/Lawson pairing, I didn't believe it.   I'm just trying to make sense of the photos and videos of late.  That is all.  My "bubble" won't be burst if all this turns out to be nothing.  In fact, I will be relieved. 

I'm sorry but I don't like the pairing Lawson and Jinger. Jinger seems too shy and timid and Lawson has such a big personality. I wouldn't want Jinger to be a doormat or just overrun by his ego.

Or maybe she is actually not shy and timid but just got her personality crushed by her parents? Do you think we see the real Jinger? With Jessa and Jill I have the impression that they show their real spirit more or less, but Jinger...idk

I think we don't know either of them as well as we think we do. Lots of teenage and twenty-something men look like assholes on social media but aren't in person. Likewise, if you looked at my instagram/ facebook pages instead of my forum posts, you'd think I was really shy, but I'm not. I was surprised at first to see them together, but the more I think about it, the more I think they fit. Egotistical or not, Lawson is clearly a kind, hardworking person if he was able to and did pay for groceries (he shouldn't have had to, of course, but that's on Gil). And while I think we were all hoping for something different for Jinger, I still think she's spunkier than the average fundy girl. She couldn't hold her own in New York City, but she could fit in in middle class Nashville with some time to adjust.

I guess I just don't see the reason for the handwringing over the pair. They have as good a chance at a good quality of life as most of the other fundies we snark on, and considerably better than some.

I think we don't know either of them as well as we think we do. Lots of teenage and twenty-something men look like assholes on social media but aren't in person. Likewise, if you looked at my instagram/ facebook pages instead of my forum posts, you'd think I was really shy, but I'm not. I was surprised at first to see them together, but the more I think about it, the more I think they fit. Egotistical or not, Lawson is clearly a kind, hardworking person if he was able to and did pay for groceries (he shouldn't have had to, of course, but that's on Gil). And while I think we were all hoping for something different for Jinger, I still think she's spunkier than the average fundy girl. She couldn't hold her own in New York City, but she could fit in in middle class Nashville with some time to adjust.

I guess I just don't see the reason for the handwringing over the pair. They have as good a chance at a good quality of life as most of the other fundies we snark on, and considerably better than some.

Not to mention that he did loan Erin the money to go to Crown College when she wanted to go. He probably comes off as narcissistic but I doubt that he's actually that bad. I could very well be wrong but it might be ok. 

Doesn't he also go to the children's hospital and sing to sick kids? Most of the d-bag assholes I know wouldn't do that.

Doesn't he also go to the children's hospital and sing to sick kids? Most of the d-bag assholes I know wouldn't do that.

You're right, we need a better definition. What about a selfless douche?

There are at least two different yellow sweaters. One of them is longer and has pockets.

I'm a big yellow cardigan fan myself. I'd wear the hell out of those yellow cardigans. I'd wear Jinger's entire outfit from that photo, minus the hippie headband thing (but including the bow and arrow).

Ah thank you! I was wondering how far that yellow sweater had gone! I like her whole outfit as well, don't know if I would wear it practicing my archery skills but hey, I could! 

Visual proof that there are at least 2 yellow sweaters.  JInger is wearing exactly the same outfit as in the archery picture, down to the headband.   Don't know what any of that means. :)

http://duggars.tumblr.com/

Picture is from Jessa's baby shower.

There are at least two different yellow sweaters. One of them is longer and has pockets.

I'm a big yellow cardigan fan myself. I'd wear the hell out of those yellow cardigans. I'd wear Jinger's entire outfit from that photo, minus the hippie headband thing (but including the bow and arrow).

Ah thank you! I was wondering how far that yellow sweater had gone! I like her whole outfit as well, don't know if I would wear it practicing my archery skills but hey, I could! 

Visual proof that there are at least 2 yellow sweaters.  JInger is wearing exactly the same outfit as in the archery picture, down to the headband.   Don't know what any of that means. :)

Not to go off topic, but is Cathy visiting Jill and Derick? That countertop looks very Central American to me. Do they ever just live in their host country by themselves? Are they going to be missionaries or expats? 

Edit: when was Jessa's shower? Is Jill back in the country? These people are bizarre.

Edit 2: Jill really looks pregnant in both the picture from the shower and that top-down picture with Cathy. Plus, why is there a picture of just Jessa and Jill? My guess is she's knocked up again.

It's the Courtin' Cardi... 

Am I the only one who noticed this?

The family posted this picture of Jinger with who looks like a Bates boy next to her

exibitA.thumb.jpg.8546179d774f012762b5bf

And a day later Lawson posted this picture, and then promptly deleted it. Thank God for instagram fundie worshipers. 

ExhibitB.thumb.png.1137c39fa05c2e43c2a6f

This could simply mean they are all at some fundie campout together, but i've only seen pictures of Jinger and some Bates. 

Btw, I'm loving this new website,

If you look through the TLC photos of Jessa's baby shower, it seems like Jinger is wearing the SAME outfit (headband and all). I'm not sure when the shower took place, any chance it's the same day? Were any of the Bates there?

These sources say that the shower was on the 15th, and the game was on the 3rd.

http://okmagazine.com/photos/jessa-duggar-baby-shower-ben-seewald-duggar-rules/photo/1001333918/

http://www.inquisitr.com/2469288/jinger-duggar-and-lawson-bates-meet-up-in-tennessee/

Of course, I don't know how accurate they are and they're copying work that others righteously snooped here on Free Jinger. I think maybe it's just been one of her favorite outfits lately. 

These sources say that the shower was on the 15th, and the game was on the 3rd.

http://okmagazine.com/photos/jessa-duggar-baby-shower-ben-seewald-duggar-rules/photo/1001333918/

http://www.inquisitr.com/2469288/jinger-duggar-and-lawson-bates-meet-up-in-tennessee/

Of course, I don't know how accurate they are and they're copying work that others righteously snooped here on Free Jinger. I think maybe it's just been one of her favorite outfits lately. 

If the shower was on the 15th then likely the archery picture was taken on the same day as it was posted to FB on the 20th while Lawson's archery picture was posted to his twitter on the 18th.  I can believe she wore the same outfit, but not a few days apart.  Haven't seen any pictures of the Bates at the shower, but this is the first picture I've seen of Jinger at the shower so it's very possible that they were there after all.

Ah two yellow sweaters! :) They certainly do like their yellow cardigans! :D 

Not to go off topic, but is Cathy visiting Jill and Derick? That countertop looks very Central American to me. Do they ever just live in their host country by themselves? Are they going to be missionaries or expats? 

Edit: when was Jessa's shower? Is Jill back in the country? These people are bizarre.

Edit 2: Jill really looks pregnant in both the picture from the shower and that top-down picture with Cathy. Plus, why is there a picture of just Jessa and Jill? My guess is she's knocked up again.

Yes, Cathy flew to Guatemala with the Dullards.  There is no indication of when she plans to return.

If there is something in the works, I could see both families being really careful with pictures. Jill's courtship with Derick was prematurely outed when a poster here found a picture where he had his arm around her.

I thought it was outed when they were doing a Today Show interview back in their glory days, and one of the littles yelled out something about Jill courting.

Correct about the Today Show outing.  But, I don't think Jill's courtship was confirmed at that time.  Then, on March 23, 2014, NotALoserLike You posted:

So, there's a pic on instagram of the Duggar family posing in front of their bus with Josiah at Alert. I can't post it because the account is private, but there is an unidentified male in the picture next to Jill, and she is leaning into him. Jessa is posed next to Ben the same way. Only Duggars in the pic except for the Alert captain, his wife, two girls wearing some matching alert tshirts and this tall guy in the back next to Jill. Could be nothing or could be something?

The FJ sleuths immediately started scouring the internet, searching for the mystery man.  We came up with several possibilities, but none of them turned out to be the correct guy because Derick was not part of the fundy world yet.  Shortly thereafter, Derick was introduced to viewers.

Not to mention that he did loan Erin the money to go to Crown College when she wanted to go. He probably comes off as narcissistic but I doubt that he's actually that bad. I could very well be wrong but it might be ok. 

I don't have a great read on Jinger.  I am much more confident in my assessment of Lawson.  I am not a mental health professional, and I don't play one on TV, so my diagnoses is of the lazy-boy variety.  However I do have experience with Narcissists and loaning money is in no way out of character.  N's tend to like having people on the line, they are also known for coming off as generous and charismatic.  I haven't paid much attention to his social media presence (I missed the football game video, dammit!), so I'm making armchair diagnose mostly off the Bringing up Bates seasons. 

Depends. Does he do these things without posting "look at me!" Pictures on social media? Or to try to schill has music?

Part of me wants to say you're right, but he does it for publicity. Singing for children at hospital = major brownie points for any aspiring musician. Hell its major brownie points for any kind of celebrity. If he did it without the pretentious posts and videos about it, just did it to do it, I would agree with you. But he does it for the publicity.

Gil certainly had no problem with Zach and Whitney. She was adopted. Adoption is anti-Gothard too.

Probably more bothered by the fact that they kissed before marriage lol

They did??!! :shocked:  The scandal!

I don't think they consider Whitney adopted because Kelly and Gil encouraged her to make up with her bio parents and completely cut off the adopted ones.

Kelly has two adopted sisters she isn't estranged from, so hopefully that means she isn't knee deep in the anti-adoption koolaid? Though Jichelle's sister being lesbian did a whole lot of nothing for their views on gay marriage soooo maybe not. - sauce: http://bates-family-photos.tumblr.com/post/61394747098/kellys-family

SOMEONE ANSWERING THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!

:clap::56247956409be_32(13):

I'm the only person that likes the mustard cardigan, aren't I?

Jill looks so bothered that she isn't the center of attention in those photos. :pb_lol:

I don't think the picture of just the two of them is odd or indicative of another Jill pregnancy. They're getting their own spinoff specials - it makes sense that the emphasis would be on them for that reason.

Jill looks so bothered that she isn't the center of attention in those photos. :pb_lol:

Nope. I'm actually wearing mine right now! :dance:

You aren't! I own a mustard cardigan and I love it. I mean, I don't wear it every day, but it gets plenty of use.  Mustard Cardis for life! :kitty-wink:

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived