IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

Looking at the archery pic, I think it was very staged. Her feet aren't planted properly. Her body should be more turned, the bow should be higher, and the non-bow foot should be further back.

Someone probably told her to pick up a bow for a photo op.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the archery pic, I think it was very staged. Her feet aren't planted properly. Her body should be more turned, the bow should be higher, and the non-bow foot should be further back.

She looked good in the archery pictures. It reminds me of the episode where Jinger went Turkey hunting and handled the gun superbly , all while smacking gum. She can pull of the stylish clothes she wore in the archery pic and the camouflage hunting stuff she wore while turkey hunting. You go, girl!!!

I really don't see why everyone sees Tori an Joseph as a good match.

Tori is very spunky, talks all the time and can certainly get quite annoying while Joseph is so shy that no one really knows who he really is.
Seems - for me - as if her nature was too much for someone like him.

Tori is very spunky, talks all the time and can certainly get quite annoying while Joseph is so shy that no one really knows who he really is.

I've always been pretty reserved and have usually been attracted to men who are much more outgoing than me.  It's that whole opposites attract thing I guess.

Tori seems spunky but not obnoxious (unless she's with Carlin.)  Joseph may be quiet in front of the cameras but more outgoing away from them, who knows.  He seems to be a favorite of JInger's and maybe Jessa's too.  I think he was the only brother in both Derick and Ben's wedding parties.  There must be something there that we're not seeing that makes everyone like him (not that I think he's unlikable.) 

Based on pictures though the only couple I can speculate about is Jinger with Lawson.  Jana did not accompany JInger to the Bates' but Joy did.  I suppose it's possible that Joy's courting with Lawson but I don't find that believable.  It could be Trace with Joy though I don't think he's ready to court.  I know Michelle was already married at Joy's age (and using the ebil birth control) but I don't see Joy wanting to marry that young.

I'm sticking with JInger and Lawson are at least pre-courting / getting to know each other better til' it's proven otherwise.  Yes, I still believe that despite there being three denials from the Bates camp.  1 was their friend on instagram saying they were only friends, 2 was his aunt saying they're not courting, and 3 was the Bates blog run by Lily and Ellie who do have contact with the family.  Before they seemed more sure but now less so. They also confirmed that there is another courtship but can't reveal who it is til' they get permission from the family.  I would be surprised if it's anyone other than Nathan and Ashley. 

I don't see them as a good match per say. They line up age wise, that's my big evidence. Tori is itching to marry, smart money is on her courting soon.  There were also some family members saying Tori wants a Bates Duggar marriage.  It's possible that since the families have known eachother so long she's had a crush on a Joe Duggar since she was way young.  Who knows really. I'd rather see her with Josiah, but with his fails courtship that's hard to imagine. 

I've always been pretty reserved and have usually been attracted to men who are much more outgoing than me.  It's that whole opposites attract thing I guess.

Tori seems spunky but not obnoxious (unless she's with Carlin.)  Joseph may be quiet in front of the cameras but more outgoing away from them, who knows.  He seems to be a favorite of JInger's and maybe Jessa's too.  I think he was the only brother in both Derick and Ben's wedding parties.  There must be something there that we're not seeing that makes everyone like him (not that I think he's unlikable.) 

Based on pictures though the only couple I can speculate about is Jinger with Lawson.  Jana did not accompany JInger to the Bates' but Joy did.  I suppose it's possible that Joy's courting with Lawson but I don't find that believable.  It could be Trace with Joy though I don't think he's ready to court.  I know Michelle was already married at Joy's age (and using the ebil birth control) but I don't see Joy wanting to marry that young.

I'm sticking with JInger and Lawson are at least pre-courting / getting to know each other better til' it's proven otherwise.  Yes, I still believe that despite there being three denials from the Bates camp.  1 was their friend on instagram saying they were only friends, 2 was his aunt saying they're not courting, and 3 was the Bates blog run by Lily and Ellie who do have contact with the family.  Before they seemed more sure but now less so. They also confirmed that there is another courtship but can't reveal who it is til' they get permission from the family.  I would be surprised if it's anyone other than Nathan and Ashley. 

ugh. I just don't want Lawson and Jinger together. I don't think his fragile ego could handle her resting bitch face day in and out. Are you sure Jana wasn't there? I want to believe.

Since I am straight up refusing to accept JingSon I'm shipping Jinger with Trace.  I do think he has courtship on his mind. When Kelly was talking to him about what he's going to do now that he's done with homeschool and he was very into "saving money".  Which in fundie land could very well mean courtship.  

Why would you have your purse slung over your body while shooting a bow & arrow? Does Jinger think she's Katniss and she's fighting to the death in The Hunger Games? 

Any chance that could actually be a quiver slung over her? I don't know a lot about archery but it looks like it could be angled right to hold arrows where she could draw them over her head.  (Is that pic reversed too? I didn't think Jinger was left-handed, but I could be wrong.)

Trace just seems so young to me. I can't see him with Jinger at all. I see Jinger more with a Chad Paine type: older, more mature, very kind and loving.

So, if they're together, what's their couple name?? We have..

-Jichelle

-Jerrick

-Bessa

Jawson? Linger? JingSon (as mentioned above)?

Since it seems like a pretty sure thing that Nathan's got a girl, the only other Bates guy besides Lawson that Jinger could be courting would be Trace. I guess it's possible but he's really young (like 18) and I can't really see it happening. Non-Jinger/Lawson Duggar/Bates courtships (assuming Nathan is taken, and assuming a minimum age of 16) would be:

• Jana/Lawson
  • Jana/Trace
  • John-David/Tori
  • John-David/Carlin
  • John-David/Josie Bates
  • Jinger/Trace
  • Joseph/Tori
  • Joseph/Carlin
  • Joseph/Josie Bates
  • Josiah/Tori
  • Josiah/Carlin
  • Josiah/Josie Bates
  • Joy-Anna/Lawson
  • Joy-Anna/Trace
  • Jedidiah/Tori
  • Jedidiah/Carlin
  • Jedidiah/Josie Bates
  • Jeremiah/Tori
  • Jeremiah/Carlin
  • Jeremiah/Josie Bates

Get speculating!

I wouldn't be surprised that it's Joy who is courting a Bates, and Jinger is the one who's pictured to throw off the scent until Joy is "legal." They saw the backlash about Josiah courting a 17 year old, so I really wouldn't be surprised if they put off an announcement until after Joy's 18th birthday. Joy's been hanging around the Bates family A LOT in recent years, and often without the rest of her family pictured. I truly believe that Joy would be ecstatic to marry into that family. Her best friend would be her sister in law, she'd probably be given a better chance at some kind of "education," and I have long been under the impression that she's had feelings for one of the Bates boys.

I could see Jinger going along as an accountability buddy and to escape what is probably the most uncomfortable situation in the Duggar home. Plus, with all the past being drug up and Josh's family being back in Arkansas, I don't think Jinger or Joy really want to be anywhere near the TTH. She probably jumped on the excuses to get away whenever they came up.

Here's the thing if there is a Lawson/Jinger courtship. UP probably won't film the courtship, engagement, or wedding thanks to the Duggar scandals. Season 4 of BUB will show Lawson and Jinger as a married couple with Jinger getting very little screen time.

ETA: Then again BUB may not last longer now that Gil, and the rest of the IBLP BoD is being sued by victims of Gothard. The story is on the Recovering Grace website. Guess who the plaintiffs' attorney is? David Gibbs, III, Lourdes Toures' attorney. So, here we have another case of son vs father. I call that a conflict of interest.

I don't really believe that Up wouldn't film just because of the scandals. None of the unmarried girls said anything on the topic, nor are they at fault for anything that happened. I could see them limited Duggar parent time, and definitely excluding Josh from the final cut (or filming all together); but I doubt that they're going to say "no way can this girl who is only a victim of a crime be allowed to film because the crime happened."

Or, no one knows how to actually do archery around there. I mean, these people are really sheltered.

-Jichelle

-Jerrick

-Bessa

Jichelle isn't a couple name, it's just making fun of the fact that she doesn't have J like everyone else. And aren't they Benessa, not Bessa?

As for couple names, they could be Jawson, Jinson, Langer, Lawser.... I can't really think of any others, unless we go with nicknames. But then Jinger's nickname is apparently Jin Jin or something like that, so that wouldn't help.

Or, no one knows how to actually do archery around there. I mean, these people are really sheltered.

I'm not athletic, I am fully capable of standing in that position and trying & failing at archery.
I'm also someone who probably wouldn't bother putting her hand bag down to do so.  My dad makes a funny face
:kitty-shifty:when I ask him to hold it , so I just take it with me as you can't leave it on bench unattended and the father & brother are normally who I'm with for outdoorsy things.

I'm not athletic, I am fully capable of standing in that position and trying & failing at archery.
I'm also someone who probably wouldn't bother putting her hand bag down to do so.  My dad makes a funny face
:kitty-shifty:when I ask him to hold it , so I just take it with me as you can't leave it on bench unattended and the father & brother are normally who I'm with for outdoorsy things.

*Ahem*  Adding fuel to my own speculation bus... Trace is quite the athlete. 

Standing on my anti- Linger Soap Box.  It's worth remembering that Lawson is the only single fundie in either family with their own social media account.  So it's going to look like he's involved no matter what, we are getting most of our fuel from him.  He's also very full of himself so, if there is a courtship that does not involve him, he's still going to be posting selfies like he's the center of the universe.  

Have we discussed that Jinger was in TN some time last week working on her archery?

11204868_726509707482681_8031993213707963129_n.jpg

Jill's gonna be pissed when she finds out that Jinger stole her beloved mustard cardigan.

Side note that out of all the Duggar girls, Jinger does Modern Modest the best. She's been killing it lately with her outfits.

snipped.

If this is the blog you're referring to, it is definitely by Lily and Ellie- they listed it under the header.  Ellie was in the Duggar's hair video, so I'd say it's a safe bet they talk with the Bates' as well.

http://www.batesfamilyblog.com/

-Jichelle

-Jerrick

-Bessa

Jichelle isn't a couple name, it's just making fun of the fact that she doesn't have J like everyone else. And aren't they Benessa, not Bessa?

As for couple names, they could be Jawson, Jinson, Langer, Lawser.... I can't really think of any others, unless we go with nicknames. But then Jinger's nickname is apparently Jin Jin or something like that, so that wouldn't help.

Count my vote for Jawson. Jinger likes being in the background anyway. I've been speculating on this one since at least December.

Side note that out of all the Duggar girls, Jinger does Modern Modest the best. She's been killing it lately with her outfits.

Agreed. I really like her style. Since maxi dresses/skirts are so in right now, it should actually be pretty easy to dress modern modest. Still, Jinger is the only one of the older Duggar girls who really pulls it off.

snipped.

If this is the blog you're referring to, it is definitely by Lily and Ellie- they listed it under the header.  Ellie was in the Duggar's hair video, so I'd say it's a safe bet they talk with the Bates' as well.

This is the blog that denied the courtship: http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/ 

http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/are-lawson-and-jinger-courting.html

http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/possible-courtship.html

snipped.

I read those links and it doesn't categorically deny the rumors, just says "nobody's courting right now." Is there a firmer denial floating around somewhere? I could believe it was all coincidence except for the video at the football game. But all of it together either says that they're dating or at least trying to troll us. Which is fine, I guess. I think with all our stalking we deserve to be trolled now and then. 

snipped.

as anti Jawson as I am, this is to me, really shaky proof.  The Bates love word play to hide the reality. Not courting dosent mean not dating . And boys and girls are not "just friends".  

My spin is still that they are chaperones for other siblinga. But... courtship is not off the table just because they aren't using the word.  

Is there anywhere to watch the infamous football game video? 

The reason I think something IS going on is because nobody has come out to say, "This is not true."  It's not like both families don't have other stuff going on to keep them in the press at the moment.  It also says a lot about how the Duggars must still be in the good graces of the upper management in IBLP.   If not, there would not be fraternizing.

A friend of the Bateses and one of their relatives (either grandmother or aunt, can't remember) have both said that there is nothing going on.

The reason I think something IS going on is because nobody has come out to say, "This is not true."  It's not like both families don't have other stuff going on to keep them in the press at the moment.  It also says a lot about how the Duggars must still be in the good graces of the upper management in IBLP.   If not, there would not be fraternizing.

I don't see any reason for them to be out of the graces of IBLP. According to Gothard, they did everything right: they sent Josh to a Gothard recovery program, and covered up the girls' knees, as they were clearly defrauding. Not their fault the rest of the world is too worldly to be satisfied with that.

I don't see any reason for them to be out of the graces of IBLP. According to Gothard, they did everything right: they sent Josh to a Gothard recovery program, and covered up the girls' knees, as they were clearly defrauding. Not their fault the rest of the world is too worldly to be satisfied with that.

In the world of Gothard though, this kind of sin is passed down in generations.  It is why BG discourages adoption.  This kind of sin would show poorly on JB and M, not just Josh and Anna.  In fact, out of the four of them, in Gothardese, Josh would be more the victim than any of them.

In that light, it may be doubtful that a Bates and Duggar will hook up.  Gil Bates is WAY up there in that group.  He does not want that generational sin touching his family.

In the world of Gothard though, this kind of sin is passed down in generations.  It is why BG discourages adoption.  This kind of sin would show poorly on JB and M, not just Josh and Anna.  In fact, out of the four of them, in Gothardese, Josh would be more the victim than any of them.

I think that in Gothardism, as in most of life, morality is selectively applied depending on who you want to shun today. I don't think the Duggars will ever be shunned unless it's Jim Bob himself who's caught with his willie out.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived