IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

I'm still torn for being excited for Jinger to leave the TTH, and bummed for her because Ugh, Lawson.

I didn't think of Jana though, and that's even more depressing. She'll be 27 soon, all her younger sisters are about to be married, and she's stuck in a little girl's room with the closest person in age being 18. That would drive me to drink, but poor Jana doesn't even have that option. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the Bateseseses got their own show on a different network, I've thought that any courtship/engagement would be kept under wraps until the rival networks worked out who had the rights to show what.  Then the Duggars' lost their show but have gained 'specials' back.  So I'm still suspecting that if something is going on they're attempting to keep it quiet.  

That said, maybe they should collectively stop posting photos that lead us to speculating.  Unless nothing is going on in which case they are doing it just to create the speculation to try to keep ratings up.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about Jana's age here. She was born in 1990. She's currently 25, and will be 26 in January.

I believe the Bates family may be telling the truth that Jinger and Lawson aren't courting.

But I totally believe they're at least special friends. There's definitely something going on there.

I believe the Bates family may be telling the truth that Jinger and Lawson aren't courting.

But I totally believe they're at least special friends. There's definitely something going on there.

When and where did the Bates family say that? I must have missed it. 

When and where did the Bates family say that? I must have missed it. 

Kelly's sister apparently denied it on facebook or something. It was discussed on the last page.

I think we should go back to the topic of theoretical fundie inbreeding.  

"Theoretical Fundie Interbreeding" sounds like the name of a really weird PhD dissertation.

As someone just starting her dissertation and navigating Ethics Approval today, i don't know that my university's Ethic's Committee would permit an investigation entitled "Theoretical Fundie Interbreeding"... :my_blush:

ETA - very cool new wink face.

That darn Ethics Committee getting in the way of scientific understanding again!

But seriously scientists did some really fucked up shit before they were required have ethnically research.

I agree that there is something going on. Maybe they're pre-courting or getting to know each other or seeing if they suit or whatever it's called. Maybe they aren't courting as of yet. But like I said on the Bates discussion, they aren't spending time together for no good reason. That's not the way that Fundies work! 

"Theoretical Fundie Interbreeding" sounds like the name of a really weird PhD dissertation.

As someone just starting her dissertation and navigating Ethics Approval today, i don't know that my university's Ethic's Committee would permit an investigation entitled "Theoretical Fundie Interbreeding"... :my_blush:

That darn Ethics Committee getting in the way of scientific understanding again!

But seriously scientists did some really fucked up shit before they were required have ethnically research.

Fuck the IRB- I'm writing this paper!

:my_biggrin:

There seems to be a lot of confusion about Jana's age here. She was born in 1990. She's currently 25, and will be 26 in January.

my youngest son was born in 1990, and even though he lives on his own, has a great job, and is getting married next year, Jana seems sooooo much older than him:tw_confused:

Fuck the IRB- I'm writing this paper!

:my_biggrin:

So long as the interbreeding remains "theoretical," what does the IRB care? :my_smile:

Kelly's sister denied the courtship on facebook sooooo i doubt they are indeed courting.

Does someone have a cap of this?

I'm still torn for being excited for Jinger to leave the TTH, and bummed for her because Ugh, Lawson.

I didn't think of Jana though, and that's even more depressing. She'll be 27 soon, all her younger sisters are about to be married, and she's stuck in a little girl's room with the closest person in age being 18. That would drive me to drink, but poor Jana doesn't even have that option. 

Jana will turn 26 in January.  Her twin isn't married, either! Maybe I'm projecting, but I do hope her and JD are closer than they let on.  There's been some speculation on FJ before that he won't court until Jana's taken care of.  I think that's a sweet notion.  They both look fairly uncomfortable/annoyed/do-it-for-the-camera when they are on the show, so perhaps they don't want the publicity of a courtship.  Also, they both appear super shy, so it could also just be that they haven't "clicked" with anyone.  Especially considering the more outgoing people in their family (Jim Bob, Josh) turned out to be total scum, perhaps outgoing folks are a turn off to them. Plus, matching up two shy people to court sounds akin to herding cats. I'm speculating quite a bit, though. ;)

Jana will turn 26 in January.  Her twin isn't married, either! Maybe I'm projecting, but I do hope her and JD are closer than they let on.  There's been some speculation on FJ before that he won't court until Jana's taken care of.  I think that's a sweet notion.  They both look fairly uncomfortable/annoyed/do-it-for-the-camera when they are on the show, so perhaps they don't want the publicity of a courtship.  Also, they both appear super shy, so it could also just be that they haven't "clicked" with anyone.  Especially considering the more outgoing people in their family (Jim Bob, Josh) turned out to be total scum, perhaps outgoing folks are a turn off to them. Plus, matching up two shy people to court sounds akin to herding cats. I'm speculating quite a bit, though. ;)

I'm not sure. They're never on screen together like Jed and Jer are. It's hard to get a read on how close they are. I never saw the episode where they went to the Philippines, but I'm struggling to remember if I've even seen them even speak to each other on screen. 

I think Jana and JD both seem more on the quiet/shy side. I suspect they were maybe close when they were little. Probably not so much these days. Does JD live in the TTH or elsewhere? 

I think Jana and JD both seem more on the quite/shy side. I suspect they were maybe close when they were little. Probably not so much these days. Does JD live in the TTH or elsewhere? 

There's been some speculation on that as it seems that he has a house. So he probably doesn't. They both do seem to be on the shy side and I'm not sure if we ever get a good hold on what they're like together because they don't seem to interact on camera. Hard to say. 

I thought I remembered a blog where Michelle talked about how JD owns a house but rents it out to save up money or something. I can't for the life of me remember where or when exactly I read that though. I think it was pretty old so that's why I wondered if he now lives on his own since he's nearing 30.

I thought I remembered a blog where Michelle talked about how JD owns a house but rents it out to save up money or something. I can't for the life of me remember where or when exactly I read that though. I think it was pretty old so that's why I wondered if he now lives on his own since he's nearing 30.

JD seems like a private guy, I don't think that he's at home right now. She might have said that so that it seems like he still lives at home but I think he's moved out. 

I think Jana and JD both seem more on the quite/shy side. I suspect they were maybe close when they were little. Probably not so much these days. Does JD live in the TTH or elsewhere?

There's been some speculation on that as it seems that he has a house. So he probably doesn't. They both do seem to be on the shy side and I'm not sure if we ever get a good hold on what they're like together because they don't seem to interact on camera. Hard to say. 

He owns a property just a couple doors down from Jerick's old place on Stoney Brook. It has a small house on it with some storage units.

I certainly don't know if Jinger and Lawson are in a courtship or a pre-courtship (her special friend phase) but I do find it interesting that neither the Duggar's or the Bateses have denied it outright.  Usually when something (someone) is discovered and rumors begin, the topic is addressed pretty quickly by an announcement. 

I will say, I was one who didn't think the Jinger/Lawson relationship rumors were true when first speculated about.  (Picture of Jinger standing by Lawson in huge Duggar family picture at Amy's wedding.)  But after Lawson video taken at the Arkansas/Tennessee game and then the picture of Jinger shooting a bow/arrow along side a younger Bates boy does make me question it.  Lawson just seemed so anti-courtship all during last seasons filming of BUB.  Maybe Lawson reached out and consoled Jinger when the molestation news broke and they grew close. 

Since it seems like a pretty sure thing that Nathan's got a girl, the only other Bates guy besides Lawson that Jinger could be courting would be Trace. I guess it's possible but he's really young (like 18) and I can't really see it happening. Non-Jinger/Lawson Duggar/Bates courtships (assuming Nathan is taken, and assuming a minimum age of 16) would be:

• Jana/Lawson
  • Jana/Trace
  • John-David/Tori
  • John-David/Carlin
  • John-David/Josie Bates
  • Jinger/Trace
  • Joseph/Tori
  • Joseph/Carlin
  • Joseph/Josie Bates
  • Josiah/Tori
  • Josiah/Carlin
  • Josiah/Josie Bates
  • Joy-Anna/Lawson
  • Joy-Anna/Trace
  • Jedidiah/Tori
  • Jedidiah/Carlin
  • Jedidiah/Josie Bates
  • Jeremiah/Tori
  • Jeremiah/Carlin
  • Jeremiah/Josie Bates

Get speculating!

So we think Nathan is out of the running because of the NY lady. Bummer because Nathan and Jinger might be a better match. I could totally see the duggars and bates do a bate-n-switch. Show all these pictures of Jinger and Lawson and then it end up being JD and Tori or any other combo you have listed up there. I really hope it isn't Jana and one of the young guys- not that I know her but I think she needs a man closer to her age.

Josiah/Josie would be a funny name combo since their names are so similar :)

Since it seems like a pretty sure thing that Nathan's got a girl, the only other Bates guy besides Lawson that Jinger could be courting would be Trace. I guess it's possible but he's really young (like 18) and I can't really see it happening. Non-Jinger/Lawson Duggar/Bates courtships (assuming Nathan is taken, and assuming a minimum age of 16) would be:

• Jana/Lawson
  • Jana/Trace
  • John-David/Tori
  • John-David/Carlin
  • John-David/Josie Bates
  • Jinger/Trace
  • Joseph/Tori
  • Joseph/Carlin
  • Joseph/Josie Bates
  • Josiah/Tori
  • Josiah/Carlin
  • Josiah/Josie Bates
  • Joy-Anna/Lawson
  • Joy-Anna/Trace
  • Jedidiah/Tori
  • Jedidiah/Carlin
  • Jedidiah/Josie Bates
  • Jeremiah/Tori
  • Jeremiah/Carlin
  • Jeremiah/Josie Bates

Get speculating!

So we think Nathan is out of the running because of the NY lady. Bummer because Nathan and Jinger might be a better match. I could totally see the duggars and bates do a bate-n-switch. Show all these pictures of Jinger and Lawson and then it end up being JD and Tori or any other combo you have listed up there. I really hope it isn't Jana and one of the young guys- not that I know her but I think she needs a man closer to her age.

Josiah/Josie would be a funny name combo since their names are so similar :)

But if Josiah married Josie Bates, then how would we/they know which Josie Duggar was being discussed? Married!Josie and Precious!Josie?

We'd have to  say "Miracle Josie" and "non-Miracle Josie"

But what if they break away from their families after they get married?! Then Josie Bates-Duggar would def be Miracle Josie in my book.

:cracking-up:

JD seems like a private guy, I don't think that he's at home right now. She might have said that so that it seems like he still lives at home but I think he's moved out. 

He may have never fully moved out officially, as in "I am packing my bags and leaving," but just gradually spent more and more time away, giving reasons like he was doing work on his property or he didn't want to wake the younger kids when he left early, or whatever.  Then after a while the family got used to his not being around at night.  It is the sort of thing that quiet people who don't want a confrontation will do.  

Unfortunately, the girls don't have that option.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived