IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

UP caters to a Christian audience unlike TLC. I don't think they would want BUB tainted by the presence of a Duggar on the show given their recent scandals.

However, that may be a moot point depending on how this lawsuit against IBLP goes and if there are any Bates/Paine scandals that come from it.

Yeah, this is what I came here to say. Any advertisers on UP are already catering to a conservative Christian audience, and they're much less likely to be spooked by all this.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wish Jana could get out of the house and not be responsible for all those kids.  Does she ever have any fun? 

I doubt it! :( 

If it makes you guys feel any better...I am "only" 34 but I already consider myself to be "nearing 40." :)

You be quiet. I think everything until 39 rounds down to 30 right?? 36 here.

Just wish Jana could get out of the house and not be responsible for all those kids.  Does she ever have any fun? 

Well, she is Michael Bates self declared "best friend", but from what I can gather Michael's favorite pastime is babysitting.  So I'd call that a solid maybe. 

If it makes you guys feel any better...I am "only" 34 but I already consider myself to be "nearing 40." :)

hmmmmmm what do you gals think? I'm 39!!!! Am I nearing 40?? Ok ok be gentle lol!

hmmmmmm what do you gals think? I'm 39!!!! Am I nearing 40?? Ok ok be gentle lol!

Noooo definitely not! ;) 

Noooo definitely not! ;) 

It's not over til it's over Jenirishdancer!!!! Though I'll say that when I was in my 20s, 30 sounded so old! But I hit 30 and didn't feel so old. Now in my 30s 40 sounds so old, but I bet once I'm 40, I won't feel that old then either. Of course, now I have kids so I feel old and tired constantly... so who knows!!

you little whippersnappers need to hush! ::waving my arthritic little old lady finger at y'all:: now stay off my damn lawn!:my_smile:

Precisely!  What do they know?  I have a daughter who will be 30 in a couple of months.  Talk about feeling old!  (Love your avatar, btw.)

my oldest will be 30 in March...she's not happy about it either :my_dodgy:

Here's the thing with this.  No matter what age you are, you will look back in ten years and think you were so young now.  So, my philosophy is: well, at least I'm not almost (fill in scary age hump).  (It works maybe 2% of the time. :my_angry:)

If Josie Bates married into the Duggar family they would just allow the confusion.  This isn't Maxhell, these people have like 4 kids named Joe for goodness sake. 

I cannot see Jinger with Lawson. When he describes vaguely what he'd want in a wife it's sounds more like Jana. Maybe I'm a bit bias, I see Lawson as a full on narcissist, and the idea of him with our Jinger scares me a bit.  But I also just don't see it.  I really think we are looking at a bait and switch. Jinger and or  Lawson are the chaperones. 

My money is on either Lawson and Jana, or Tori and a Joe [Joseph probably but idk what's up with Josiah these days] or Jinger and Trace. 

When asked if there would be a bates Duggar courtship the sisters did say "tori hopes so"

I like this suggestion. I vote for Tori and Joe.  I don't think anything will be announced until Joe finishes college and has a ministry.

Have we discussed that Jinger was in TN some time last week working on her archery?

Yeah, two pages back in this topic.

I would be shocked at this point if they aren't courting.

As for Jana...I don't feel sad for her that she's single really either. Just sad that she has no options in life.

Maybe I'm unnecessarily naive, but I agree with you. I think she probably has more possible suitors out there than say, the Maxwell ladies. At least Duggar kids are allowed to socialize to a small degree. What's sadder is that Jana just has to sit and wait, and act as a second mother to her siblings rather than live the life of her own choosing, whether that be in a career, attending higher education, etc. Instead, no.... she has to sit and wait for ~Prince Charming...

Does anyone know who runs the theduggarfam page? I am thinking it is Jinger and in my head, she is giving little sincere love responses. For instance, the pic of a country road on Lawson' instagram, there is a response from Duggar fam of yes. I like to assume there was a request for courtship or I am bored and that is what I came up with.

I would be shocked at this point if they aren't courting.

As for Jana...I don't feel sad for her that she's single really either. Just sad that she has no options in life.

Maybe I'm unnecessarily naive, but I agree with you. I think she probably has more possible suitors out there than say, the Maxwell ladies. At least Duggar kids are allowed to socialize to a small degree. What's sadder is that Jana just has to sit and wait, and act as a second mother to her siblings rather than live the life of her own choosing, whether that be in a career, attending higher education, etc. Instead, no.... she has to sit and wait for ~Prince Charming...

Does anyone know who runs the theduggarfam page? I am thinking it is Jinger and in my head, she is giving little sincere love responses. For instance, the pic of a country road on Lawson' instagram, there is a response from Duggar fam of yes. I like to assume there was a request for courtship or I am bored and that is what I came up with.

I don't think that's a real Duggar account; the link in the bio goes to Lily and Ellie's blog.

The yellow sweather tho'.  Always with the yellow sweater.  

Is that the same yellow sweater that keeps making it's rounds or do they just like yellow sweaters? 

Why would you have your purse slung over your body while shooting a bow & arrow? Does Jinger think she's Katniss and she's fighting to the death in The Hunger Games? 

There are at least two different yellow sweaters. One of them is longer and has pockets.

I'm a big yellow cardigan fan myself. I'd wear the hell out of those yellow cardigans. I'd wear Jinger's entire outfit from that photo, minus the hippie headband thing (but including the bow and arrow).

There are at least two different yellow sweaters. One of them is longer and has pockets.

I'm a big yellow cardigan fan myself. I'd wear the hell out of those yellow cardigans. I'd wear Jinger's entire outfit from that photo, minus the hippie headband thing (but including the bow and arrow).

Ah thank you! I was wondering how far that yellow sweater had gone! I like her whole outfit as well, don't know if I would wear it practicing my archery skills but hey, I could! 

LOL at "courting cardigan"  

She does have an "I think I'm Katniss" air about her in the archery photo but I doubt she's been allowed to watch or read Hunger Games, right?

I actually think those mustard yellow cardigans are great, but would be godawful on me because of my coloring. I have a friend with swarthier (but still pale) skin and dark curly hair and she rocks the mustard yellow.

ETA: I don't think we'll see Jana in one anytime soon... she's fairer all around.

I think we should go back to the topic of theoretical fundie inbreeding.  

"Theoretical Fundie Interbreeding" sounds like the name of a really weird PhD dissertation.

As someone just starting her dissertation and navigating Ethics Approval today, i don't know that my university's Ethic's Committee would permit an investigation entitled "Theoretical Fundie Interbreeding"... :my_blush:

ETA - very cool new wink face.

That darn Ethics Committee getting in the way of scientific understanding again!

But seriously scientists did some really fucked up shit before they were required have ethnically research.

Yes i agree. and they did some very questionable stuff even when there was ethics approval! 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived