IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

They won't announce a courtship until probably December or January. Can't have the spotlight off of Jessa's blessing..

Tell that to Jill when she announces Blessing #2... Poor Jessa, she always gets her thunder stolen by someone!

Or Imagine if jchelle is pregnant..... That's a miracle.  Poor Jessa can't have her spotlight. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They won't announce a courtship until probably December or January. Can't have the spotlight off of Jessa's blessing..

Tell that to Jill when she announces Blessing #2... Poor Jessa, she always gets her thunder stolen by someone!

Or Imagine if jchelle is pregnant..... That's a miracle.  Poor Jessa can't have her spotlight. 

Pretty sure we're past worrying about that! And I don't think we're due for a Jill announcement quite yet, but maybe that's wishful thinking.

I thought I remembered a blog where Michelle talked about how JD owns a house but rents it out to save up money or something. I can't for the life of me remember where or when exactly I read that though. I think it was pretty old so that's why I wondered if he now lives on his own since he's nearing 30.

JD seems like a private guy, I don't think that he's at home right now. She might have said that so that it seems like he still lives at home but I think he's moved out. 

He may have never fully moved out officially, as in "I am packing my bags and leaving," but just gradually spent more and more time away, giving reasons like he was doing work on his property or he didn't want to wake the younger kids when he left early, or whatever.  Then after a while the family got used to his not being around at night.  It is the sort of thing that quiet people who don't want a confrontation will do.  

Unfortunately, the girls don't have that option.

I think this is likely -- also, how many personal possessions do those kids really have?? It's not like he has a whole room to pack up.

I thought I remembered a blog where Michelle talked about how JD owns a house but rents it out to save up money or something. I can't for the life of me remember where or when exactly I read that though. I think it was pretty old so that's why I wondered if he now lives on his own since he's nearing 30.

JD seems like a private guy, I don't think that he's at home right now. She might have said that so that it seems like he still lives at home but I think he's moved out. 

He may have never fully moved out officially, as in "I am packing my bags and leaving," but just gradually spent more and more time away, giving reasons like he was doing work on his property or he didn't want to wake the younger kids when he left early, or whatever.  Then after a while the family got used to his not being around at night.  It is the sort of thing that quiet people who don't want a confrontation will do.  

This makes sense. I've been convince he's still at the TTH--because them's the rules--but this scenario seems quite plausible to me.

I really doubt John-David is living at home. I can't imagine an almost 26 year old guy living in a room with his younger brothers. I feel like JD has a life of his own and lives by himself, hopefully has a few beers with his friends, and just has a relatively normal life for a guy his age. It's sad they wouldn't let Jana or Jinger do the same but it's a patriarchal cult. I think JD is still a conservative christian  but doesn't want to live with his parents. If he was truly living at the TTH, he would in a rush to get married.  

Let's be honest, at this point do you think that JB and DQ would notice if JD was gone? 

Let's be honest, at this point do you think that JB and DQ would notice if JD was gone? 

They might, when they went down the hall to tell him to rev up the plane to take them somewhere.  :my_sleepy:

Here's the thing if there is a Lawson/Jinger courtship. UP probably won't film the courtship, engagement, or wedding thanks to the Duggar scandals. Season 4 of BUB will show Lawson and Jinger as a married couple with Jinger getting very little screen time.

ETA: Then again BUB may not last longer now that Gil, and the rest of the IBLP BoD is being sued by victims of Gothard. The story is on the Recovering Grace website. Guess who the plaintiffs' attorney is? David Gibbs, III, Lourdes Toures' attorney. So, here we have another case of son vs father. I call that a conflict of interest.

Here's the thing if there is a Lawson/Jinger courtship. UP probably won't film the courtship, engagement, or wedding thanks to the Duggar scandals. Season 4 of BUB will show Lawson and Jinger as a married couple with Jinger getting very little screen time.

ETA: Then again BUB may not last longer now that Gil, and the rest of the IBLP BoD is being sued by victims of Gothard. The story is on the Recovering Grace website. Guess who the plaintiffs' attorney is? David Gibbs, III, Lourdes Toures' attorney. So, here we have another case of son vs father. I call that a conflict of interest.

I don't think I agree, TLC is filming Jessa & Jill already.  Jinger has less publicity issues than either of them (providing that she doesn't start speaking about things that offend people).

If TLC can show Jessa & Jill, UP can show Jinger.  The biggest issue would be who showed it - UP or TLC.  

I was born the same year as the twins and had a heart palpitation when I read "nearing 30" haha.  Almost as bad as when my younger friends remind me I'm a "quarter century old"

UP caters to a Christian audience unlike TLC. I don't think they would want BUB tainted by the presence of a Duggar on the show given their recent scandals.

However, that may be a moot point depending on how this lawsuit against IBLP goes and if there are any Bates/Paine scandals that come from it.

I was born the same year as the twins and had a heart palpitation when I read "nearing 30" haha.  Almost as bad as when my younger friends remind me I'm a "quarter century old"

You and me both. We are SO not nearing thirty! :hello:

I don't think I agree, TLC is filming Jessa & Jill already.  Jinger has less publicity issues than either of them (providing that she doesn't start speaking about things that offend people).

If TLC can show Jessa & Jill, UP can show Jinger.  The biggest issue would be who showed it - UP or TLC.  

won't Jana and maybe some other Duggars (as wedding attendees) be in the wedding episode on bub? I know it's a 1 episode thing but still.  If jinger is counting Lawson and they are "nervous" to have a duggar on the show maybe the lure of prob getting a lot more viewers will trump it!

won't Jana and maybe some other Duggars (as wedding attendees) be in the wedding episode on bub? I know it's a 1 episode thing but still.  If jinger is counting Lawson and they are "nervous" to have a duggar on the show maybe the lure of prob getting a lot more viewers will trump it!

I think that they would just not address it at all or if they do just say that they are praying for Josh and his family. I think most likely, they'll pretend it didn't happen. I think there's a courtship, maybe they are trying to figure out what they will do about it and that's why they aren't admitting it! 

If it makes you guys feel any better...I am "only" 34 but I already consider myself to be "nearing 40." :)

Same! And I'm still in denial about being an adult.

I'll be 27 soon, I'm guessing that's nearing 30. Pardon me while I huddle in a corner somewhere and cry! 

you little whippersnappers need to hush! ::waving my arthritic little old lady finger at y'all:: now stay off my damn lawn!:my_smile:

25 is definitely not 'nearing 30'. I'm 27 and I don't even feel like I'm nearing 30 yet. Maybe next year. ;)

(Not that being 30 is bad, or old, or anything like that - but let's not rush time, eh?)

Well I am 45 and I am going to go with Claire Dunphy's philosophy and say "That's almost 40, Luke".  Of course, she was only 42 when she said that - but who's counting? :P 

If Josie Bates married into the Duggar family they would just allow the confusion.  This isn't Maxhell, these people have like 4 kids named Joe for goodness sake. 

I cannot see Jinger with Lawson. When he describes vaguely what he'd want in a wife it's sounds more like Jana. Maybe I'm a bit bias, I see Lawson as a full on narcissist, and the idea of him with our Jinger scares me a bit.  But I also just don't see it.  I really think we are looking at a bait and switch. Jinger and or  Lawson are the chaperones. 

My money is on either Lawson and Jana, or Tori and a Joe [Joseph probably but idk what's up with Josiah these days] or Jinger and Trace. 

When asked if there would be a bates Duggar courtship the sisters did say "tori hopes so"

This too sounds right to me. Additional justification might be his 'police work.' He'd be likely candidate for night shifts and could claim that late hours and/or need to sleep during the day wouldn't be possible at the TTH. I also recall Michelle saying, and like ClaraOswin can't remember where or when, something like "with 14 children still living at home...." I think she said it this fall, after Joshley left for rehab. Not at home would be Josh, Jill, Jessa, Joseph, and... JD.  Josiah, Jeer, and Jed were still home (no ALERT silliness at that time). And Jana--J-Slave Superior and SOTDRT for America schoolmiss--was still very much in residence. 

you little whippersnappers need to hush! ::waving my arthritic little old lady finger at y'all:: now stay off my damn lawn!:my_smile:

Precisely!  What do they know?  I have a daughter who will be 30 in a couple of months.  Talk about feeling old!  (Love your avatar, btw.)

On the flipside, this is Michelle Duggar we're talking about. I could see her miscounting and saying she had 14 still at home when really it was 15.

I can't imagine a 25-year-old man sharing a bedroom with several of his younger brothers, either. But I also can't imagine believing the the earth is 6,000 years old and that America's founding fathers were fundamentalist Christians, so...

On the flipside, this is Michelle Duggar we're talking about. I could see her miscounting and saying she had 14 still at home when really it was 15.

I can't imagine a 25-year-old man sharing a bedroom with several of his younger brothers, either. But I also can't imagine believing the the earth is 6,000 years old and that America's founding fathers were fundamentalist Christians, so...

Yeah I'm not sure Michelle is with it enough to notice if she's missing a child. I do think that JD is moved out but I don't know what lies they might be telling themselves! :) 

This too sounds right to me. Additional justification might be his 'police work.' He'd be likely candidate for night shifts and could claim that late hours and/or need to sleep during the day wouldn't be possible at the TTH. I also recall Michelle saying, and like ClaraOswin can't remember where or when, something like "with 14 children still living at home...." I think she said it this fall, after Joshley left for rehab. Not at home would be Josh, Jill, Jessa, Joseph, and... JD.  Josiah, Jeer, and Jed were still home (no ALERT silliness at that time). And Jana--J-Slave Superior and SOTDRT for America schoolmiss--was still very much in residence. 

it was the Erica Hill interview special that aired in May(or April?). Someone said something about only 15(?) kids  at home at the time of the interview. A few of the kids were missing. 

Is it really that hard to believe JD still lives at home? 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived