IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

There was video of him messing around in the boys room at the TTH posted on IG earlier today.  It appears to be gone but checking on Twitter it's still there. 

Link on twitter: https://twitter.com/lawbates/status/660297607558725633

confirmed, post removed from instagram.

**EDIT: I did screen cap it in case this disappears as well.  If so, I'll post a cap.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here I go, embedding beds again. Let's see if I've gotten any better at it:

Something about the boys' bedroom is deeply upsetting to me. It's not quite squalid, but it makes me think of squalor. I have some personal issues with that kind of thing, and mattresses without sheets send me over the edge. *shudder*

yep, I'm American, though.

As for Hartono, no, I don't know him/their family. Another sleuth found his LinkedIn - HereticHick much thanks :)

Also, not saying you implied this just more of a PSA - Hartono is Indonesian which isn't particularly close to Japan.

Sorry about that.  I'd never heard of Hartono.  Was he ever on 19 Kids and Counting?

Christ on a cracker, does Lawson Bates ever work? He's 23 years old and not in school.  

PS I feel sorry for an introverted Duggarling--or any Duggarling who would just like to curl up and read a book for half an hour. The TinkerToyHouse gives off the vibe of a crowded church camp lodge without a curfew.  And I can't imagine what the boy's bunk room must smell like.

The new bunks look like some lamer attempt at a western cowboy bunk room theme (down to the useless barrel with dried floral crap on it).  All they have succeeded in doing is making it look like a concentration camp wiith the narrowing of the room and reduction of light.  

Lawson - go work or something.  

By the way the stuck in traffic west of Nashville photos/video clearly shows 2 Bates (Lawson/Trace), Joseph (back seat) and someone else.  So who is tending Lawson's Lawn whatever if Trace is with him (given the assumption that Trace was helping Lawson).  

Well that video not only confirms that he is at the TTH, but that those bunk beds are 3 tall.  The poor kid that is sleeping on the floor :PLEURE:

I'd feel a lot worse for the kid sleeping on the top bunk! If you sit up too fast in the night, you'll whack your head on the ceiling! :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

I'd feel a lot worse for the kid sleeping on the top bunk! If you sit up too fast in the night, you'll whack your head on the ceiling! :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

The room has vaulted ceilings, so I don't see that really being an issue.

As for the way the room looks, I'm not surprised it looks like a mess (the Duggar girls spend a lot of time on Pinterest, but no one in that house knows how to put a cohesive look/idea together) or that they went with that theme (it's a pretty popular theme on Pinterest, and we know the girls love Pinterest). They also have a habit of hiring really bad designers (as seen on the girl's room makeover episode), so there isn't even much hope when they involve professionals.

As for when does Lawson work: if they're filming for the show, he's working. Also, you're assuming that he hasn't hired people outside of the family to work for him. He may be more of a manager than a doer these days. Or, he's done a good job of scheduling his appointments. You don't have to work every day, or even every week, to be successful in the lawn business.

Pretty sure that is Meredith. From the quick glimpse, she seems to be wearing the same blue outfit from the picture I posted earlier of her in the Anna thread.

Hmm...maybe. Looks like stripes, not polka dots to me though.

I expect a formal courtship announcement soon. The next season of BUB airs in January, and the Jill/Jessa specials will air in late November.

Yes, but whose? :my_smile:

And on which network?  The important questions.  

Lawson again in TTH??? I was not in the believer camp but now I really believe he's in a courtship with a Duggar girl, please let it be Jinger (Or Jana but is unlikely)... Joy is way too young.

Still playing devils advocate with this one.  There were four boys in the car on the way to the TTH, so Lawson might not be courting anyone.  It's hard to refute really.  My only other evidence against it is that with the new seasons of shows coming up, and Lawson's shameless self promotion, he could just be following the cameras.  As far as I can tell Lawson's job is to "Become famous".  

I'm going with Lawson & Jinger, there's too many photos of them hanging out in TN and AR. I really don't think he's courting or pre-courting Joy (too young) or Jana (too busy minding babies, see video below)

*cut the video for length*

Was it just me or did it seem like no one in the place was having fun.  That was so dreary I nearly cried.  

Something about the boys' bedroom is deeply upsetting to me. It's not quite squalid, but it makes me think of squalor. I have some personal issues with that kind of thing, and mattresses without sheets send me over the edge. *shudder*

I felt the same way!  I watched it a few times trying to figure out what gave it such a icky vibe.  First I don't think anyone is sleeping on the bed without a bottom sheet, but I personally don't enjoy the look of a bare mattress.  Than there are a few suitcases and a bunch of cowboy boots on the floor.  So I'm assuming they have at least a few guests in the room.  Finally someone else said it feels like church camp.  So for me it's the juxtaposition of a bedroom in a home and camping out. 

The room has vaulted ceilings, so I don't see that really being an issue.

I'm looking at the bed on the left. It definitely looks like the ceiling is so low over it that you wouldn't be able to sit up without hitting your head.

I think there will be 2 announcements, probably not at the same time: Nathan Bates/Ashley Salyer and Lawson/Jinger. A Joseph/Tori announcement wouldn't surprise me either.

I don't know much about this Lawson dude, only what I read about him here. First I saw of him was just after Izzy was born holding the baby,  thought it was strange a picture wit some random dude before even JB and Michelle, or even a sister. But then I read they are regular visits between the families.

I am not one to get too deep into rumours but they do seems to be always together lately. Only more regulars will know if this is more than the norm to tell.

At first I thought a courtship for jinger would be a good thing. She seems sad lately, not Jenni sad, but not her usual spark. But in pics with Lawson like the football video or when she was photo bombing his photo with a friend, she seemed more happy, relaxed carefree, more back to herself. So I thought this might be a good move her. True it is not the 'free' free we hope for her but perhaps as near as she get to a move away from her family.

But all this talk of Lawson being a narcissistic personality has me real scared for her. No way! 

I made huge mistake this time last year getting involved with a narcissistic prick and it was soul destroying. While I am very sensitive and lacking confidence, I still considered myself a strong women and  a feminist that takes no shit from a man. But the manipulation and all the rest quickly wore me down. I was depressed high anxiety and suicidal by the end. OK I could write an essay on it all, but I had resources, and family to get me out of that situation eventually. Jinger won't, his behaviour will considered normal and she will have to get on with it,. This is not for Jinger, would be soul destroying and even more destructive in her environment and cult. I barely survived it.

So I really hope this is not true either the courtship or about Lawson , and if it is I hope Jinger is not in too deep already and got her heart set on it. Most guys his age have big ego so hope it is simply this only.

Trace and Joy could be a possibility.

I think if it were them, we wouldn't keep getting pictures of Jinger and Lawson so close together. I think any of them by themselves could be a coincidence, but all together, along with Lawson's continued deletion of posts that show him with the Duggars, they strongly hint at a Jinger/ Lawson thing.

Those top bunks don't have much of a safety rail. I would be concerned about even the older boys sleeping up there.  Oh, silly me. Safety isn't a Duggar need, because God will protect them. :pb_rollseyes:

Those top bunks don't have much of a safety rail. I would be concerned about even the older boys sleeping up there.  Oh, silly me. Safety isn't a Duggar need, because God will protect them. :pb_rollseyes:

Jesus Take the Wheel! :P 

The Pickles Facebook page is reporting that they have "reliable sources" telling them the Lawson/Jinger courtship rumour isn't true. I wonder who these so-called "sources" are?

Hiddenomaha wrote:

I'm going with Lawson & Jinger, there's too many photos of them hanging out in TN and AR. I really don't think he's courting or pre-courting Joy (too young) or Jana (too busy minding babies, see video below. [video deleted ]

At least they are not playing hymns.     :kitty-wink:

The Pickles Facebook page is reporting that they have "reliable sources" telling them the Lawson/Jinger courtship rumour isn't true. I wonder who these so-called "sources" are?

Pickles source was right about Israel's name. 

The thing is that even if the source is reliable and right, this is always something (unlike a baby name) which could change.  "No courtship right now" is probably the truth.   That doesn't mean that there isn't a special friendship that could become a courtship.  Or not.

:kitty-wink:

Jill had already been talking about using a place theme when Pickle's source named the baby. And it doesn't take a genius to know that Jill likes Israel. Still interesting, though.

Sorry about that.  I'd never heard of Hartono.  Was he ever on 19 Kids and Counting?

Yeah he had some cameos.  Most recently his sister was the "surprise bridesmaid" for Benessa's wedding.

As for Jinger and Lawson, I, too, believe "there is no courtship RIGHT NOW" is telling, as is the fact that Lawson deleted his video at the Duggar's.  Otherwise, why bother?

Jill had already been talking about using a place theme when Pickle's source named the baby. And it doesn't take a genius to know that Jill likes Israel. Still interesting, though.

Jill never said they were using a place theme. Selah is the name they had picked out for a girl. I think the Dillard's theme is obscure/unusual biblical names.

Jill never said they were using a place theme. Selah is the name they had picked out for a girl. I think the Dillard's theme is obscure/unusual biblical names.

She did say that they weren't going to do a letter theme but might do a family name theme or a place theme. Obviously Selah is neither, so either they changed their minds or it was never a hard and fast thing. But back when Pickles had her "source" the place name theme idea was definitely being talked about. I don't think anyone really expected them to name the baby Nepal, so Israel was a pretty obvious choice.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived