• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Lori posted an article on FB (which I didn't read because garbage).  Above it she wrote the following:

Both women and men have flawed natures. They share human nature, which is deeply flawed, and the sexes have their own particular natures, which are also flawed. That is one reason men need women and women need men. Men need women to soften their intrinsic aggressive nature and to help them control their predatory sexuality; and women need men to, among other things, better understand that evil people and regimes must be fought, not nurtured.

Naturally what she is saying is complete and utter bullshit, but aside from that, the highlighted really struck me.

When you couple it with Ken writing off Josh Duggar molesting 5 little girls as boyish curiosity, his insistence that it happens all the time, and his flippant assertion that he wouldn't have reported it if it had happened to his own daughters, it really makes you wonder....  

They really seem to believe that a man's natural state is violence and preying on others sexually.  That is just....scary.  Honestly, I am kind of speechless. 

So Lori posted an article on FB (which I didn't read because garbage).  Above it she wrote the following:

Naturally what she is saying is complete and utter bullshit, but aside from that, the highlighted really struck me.

When you couple it with Ken writing off Josh Duggar molesting 5 little girls as boyish curiosity, his insistence that it happens all the time, and his flippant assertion that he wouldn't have reported it if it had happened to his own daughters, it really makes you wonder....  

They really seem to believe that a man's natural state is violence and preying on others sexually.  That is just....scary.  Honestly, I am kind of speechless. 

That is a direct quotation from the article she posted. She should have used quotation marks--but it does sound a lot like something she would say.

That is a direct quotation from the article she posted. She should have used quotation marks--but it does sound a lot like something she would say.

I see.  Still, the fact that they view men as violent sexual predators in need of a  house keeper/sex giver (wife) really speaks volumes about both her and Ken.

Today's post:

Children Need a Bible and a Belt

We raised our children with a Bible and a belt. We believed in teaching them God's Word from the time they were little. We also believed in the rod that the Bible exhorts parents to use. 

She makes me sick. She is a vile, cruel creature....she beat her own babies and brags about it. She was no kind of mother.  

As a child I endured some of the things Lori's children endured.  It stays with you for the rest of your life.

I was going to eat breakfast but I've lost my appetite.

I'm so sorry, Alexander kids and the kids of Joey and Rory, that you had to endure being beaten with a belt. I'm just so sorry.

It's pure savagery.  I can't imagine doing it to my worst enemy, and if it was being done to them I'd be about the business of stopping it.  That Lori was able to do it to her babies- well it just says all that you need to know about her.  

I won't lie- my first thought when I heard about Joey glamorizing it was to feel sad for Rory's now adult daughters and to fear for the little girl they have now.  If he loses Joey, his state of mind won't be good anyway.  What will he do when his daughter does something to anger him?  Will he default to "the Bible and a belt"?  And what will it do to that little girl's spirit if he does?

People like this- I wonder how they would feel if they were beaten with a belt every time they stepped out of line as adults?  Why, they'd be screaming from the roof tops about the violence and abuse (although I have heard Lori advocate that it be used on prisoners and I think if she was totally transparent she'd like to see it used on wives :pb_mad:).  But no- most of them just reserve this treatment for children.  They honestly think it okay.  Righteous even.  

I despise it.  It's things like this that heighten my general distrust of others.

My kids are doing just fine without the belt, thankyouverymuch.  Spanking is not common at all here, and yet the schools are pretty safe, as is the neighborhood in general.

I'm just going to leave this here

I suppose Ken is no longer telling her we are going strong?

I found today's blog's title appalling. 

I suppose Ken is no longer telling her we are going strong?

I found today's blog's title appalling. 

if anyone gave up, it's lori. She's the one that doesn't allow comments that don't stroke her ego.

As a mom of three boys, I find that so very offensive. One of my sons will go out after it rains to pick up all the little worms he can find so that he can put them back in the grass. He's not two. He's nine. He insists on putting corn out for the (damn) squirrels in the winter, he bans the use of the front door when the robins are nesting there (every single spring and summer, lol), and he catches bugs to put them outside rather than squish them. That is his *nature. I did not teach him any of it. He is naturally a gentle-hearted little guy. And I can't imagine a gentle-hearted child growing up in Lorken's Bible-and-belt-beating-bonanza of a home. His spirit would have been utterly crushed. Their stories of marriage irritate me. Their stories of child-rearing enrage me -- Jesus is very clear on how we should treat "the least of these," and it's nothing like what those two espouse.

Andrea has chimed in.  She hits her 10 children as well.  Big surprise.

Out of all the comments I had to moderate the most severely when I maintained my blog, were the comments on posts that dealt with biblical chastisement. People have a real rebellion to biblical training of children. 

It's the most severe among Christians. New "teachers" that have emerged, which teach a counter biblical message, of "only grace" and "grace based parenting" to our children have led to a huge deception. 

I really don't even enjoy most public places anymore, because parents have become so afraid of their children and of upsetting them, that nearly every place is filled with children who are disobedient, disrespectful and rude. All for the sake of not offending the new teaching. 

Our church is filled with children like this. Parents just do not want to hear the truth. Yet, they come by and shake their heads saying, "Oh my..I don't know how you do it. I can't handle my one!" I don't "do it" at all. God hasn't left us without instruction. We, as a nation, simply don't want to follow it! 

Again, it's not some accident that results are the way they are. It takes consistent work, prayer, love and time. Not an accident, at all.

There's that humble spirit, quiet spirit of her's again.  Her kids are so well behaved- always getting compliments.  People don't know how she does it.  Well by beating them of course!

Public and her church though?  Filled to the brim with brats.  She can hardly stand it.  Their parents (who she's totally NOT JUDGING!11!!) just don't want to hear "truth".

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - one of the best positive parenting teachers that I had was the mother of 12 (pregnant with #13 at the time).  One of the strongest arguments against punishment was simply spending a Friday evening with her family.  My family got a last-minute invitation to her home, and it really wasn't the sort of situation where you could script everyone.  The kids weren't robots, but they were helpful and the general atmosphere was peaceful.  I remember she was completely horrified when I told her about the Pearls.  So no, hitting kids is not a required part of disciplining your kids, even if you have a lot of them.

Coming out of years of lurkdom-

I found Lori's blog years ago after seeing a comment she made on Kelly Stamp's blog that chastised her for taking a part-time job and used Titus 2 as a justification for doing so.  I was just fascinated-kind of in the same way that the Amish fascinate me.  So I've read her blog on and off for years and was even part of the secret chat room for awhile.  I just came to a point where my initial fascination has turned into "I just can't even stomach this any more" feeling.  And it was, on the spectrum of Lori, quite a minor thing.  She commented on another blog using the exact words of a woman in the chat room w/o even bothering to explain or preface that those words were not her own.  I also really couldn't stand the whole standing in church with Ken past as an example of her her submissive spirit.  Here's the thing I thought-if you believe your husband is your leader-shouldn't you have already been standing beside him??  You know-because you are following his lead?  And, I wondered why she asked him if he preferred that she stand by him-was there a chance he would say, No, actually I'd rather you didn't-can you just sit down?  I waffle between wondering if she's even for real, or if she really is just dumb or what?  

Anyway-thanks for letting me lurk...

Beth, I was also part of the sooper sekrit chat group as well. Until cabinetman's wife joined and recognized me from an email address I used on his site. 

Love this!! It has already proved to be true with our two year old! Excited to be training our 6 month old from the beginning. We didn't "discover"or implement these traditional biblical child training techniques until our oldest was one and a half but once we started it it made a world of difference! We weren't raised by this method at all but "To Train Up a Child" was so helpful as was going on No Greater Joy to listen to/watch some of there training media!

Honest to god, these people belong in jail.  They're child abusers, pure and simple. 

Coming out of years of lurkdom-

I found Lori's blog years ago after seeing a comment she made on Kelly Stamp's blog that chastised her for taking a part-time job and used Titus 2 as a justification for doing so.  I was just fascinated-kind of in the same way that the Amish fascinate me.  So I've read her blog on and off for years and was even part of the secret chat room for awhile.  I just came to a point where my initial fascination has turned into "I just can't even stomach this any more" feeling.  And it was, on the spectrum of Lori, quite a minor thing.  She commented on another blog using the exact words of a woman in the chat room w/o even bothering to explain or preface that those words were not her own.  I also really couldn't stand the whole standing in church with Ken past as an example of her her submissive spirit.  Here's the thing I thought-if you believe your husband is your leader-shouldn't you have already been standing beside him??  You know-because you are following his lead?  And, I wondered why she asked him if he preferred that she stand by him-was there a chance he would say, No, actually I'd rather you didn't-can you just sit down?  I waffle between wondering if she's even for real, or if she really is just dumb or what?  

Anyway-thanks for letting me lurk...

Titus 2, fine. But I mean, Proverbs 31. Gets me every time. But @beth889, the standing thing really did it for me, too. That's one thing I always include when talking about Lori. Mr. FF now knows her as "the standing lady". 

And also, if Lori wonders why she has no young women who want to mentor her, it's probably that conceited, pompous attitude that at once said, "You all suck" and "I can do it so much better" and "You're so bad at parenting that you're interrupting others, not just failing your children". Yeah, really encouraging, Lori.

It's just so, so sad that everyone at Andrea's church is all hung up on worshiping Jesus and God when TRUE PERFECTION is right there in the pews!  When will people WAKE UP and hear the TRUTH?!?

PS I wear long (yet fashionable) skirts all the time.  No one has ever been intimidated by them.  I must be doing it wrong.  

Honest to god, these people belong in jail.  They're child abusers, pure and simple. 

"Excited" to be hitting a six -month old.

EXCITED TO BE HITTING A SIX-MONTH-OLD.

I tried to find an emoticon from our collection that's strong enough to express my intense disgust at these sickening people, but I don't think we have one.

She has a woman with 8 children posting now.  The house (based on mom's account) sounds like complete and utter chaos.  DHS has already been called once.  Some of the children are supposedly regressing and have accidents.  She claims there's no medical problem, but to me that's an indicator that something is wrong.  It's is not normal for a 10 year old to be regularly soiling themselves, and I don't believe for a minute that a doctor would just dismiss it.  In other words, I think she's lying about seeking medical help.

I'm not sure how to deal with the boys that mess themselves. They are 5 and almost 10. My husband says to smack them several times and then ask them to clean up their mess and have a shower. 

NONE of the idiots on Lori's blog seem to notice the glaring red flags.  

When Ken was here, we spoke at length about Lori giving advice in dangerous situations.  I think it's a safe bet that this is one of them.  When you have DHS involvement and seemingly healthy 10 years olds soiling themselves (only to be met with abuse), that is an indicator that Lori should suggest professional help.  

This is like the time that a woman in comments went into graphic detail about abusing her daughter (even thinking she had broken her arm) and Lori's advice was "hit harder- if you hit hard enough it'll work".  

My heart breaks for these kids.  Living in chaos with idiots for parents.

I just can't understand the mindset that lets someone repeatedly hit their kid.  I did spank a few times (mostly when I was a pretty overwhelmed single working mom) but even when I did it, I knew it wasn't an answer. 

Plus, where do these people go with all the not-behaving in public kids?  I admit, I see some kids where I am who aren't well-behaved, but it's hardly ALL of them.

She has a woman with 8 children posting now.  The house (based on mom's account) sounds like complete and utter chaos.  DHS has already been called once.  Some of the children are supposedly regressing and have accidents.  She claims there's no medical problem, but to me that's an indicator that something is wrong.  It's is not normal for a 10 year old to be regularly soiling themselves, and I don't believe for a minute that a doctor would just dismiss it.  In other words, I think she's lying about seeking medical help.

NONE of the idiots on Lori's blog seem to notice the glaring red flags.  

When Ken was here, we spoke at length about Lori giving advice in dangerous situations.  I think it's a safe bet that this is one of them.  When you have DHS involvement and seemingly healthy 10 years olds soiling themselves (only to be met with abuse), that is an indicator that Lori should suggest professional help.  

This is like the time that a woman in comments went into graphic detail about abusing her daughter (even thinking she had broken her arm) and Lori's advice was "hit harder- if you hit hard enough it'll work".  

My heart breaks for these kids.  Living in chaos with idiots for parents.

That story was horrific.  DHS called apparently more than once --but only because those people were jealous of their family size.    And the advice from Lori: You have to start training them when they're young.  How helpful for a woman whose eldest is 12.  Then Lori asserts that the kids only had one tantrum each, learning that such behavior just wasn't tolerated.  

How dreadful that people turn to them for advice.  I wish those kids could get away.

That story was horrific.  DHS called apparently more than once --but only because those people were jealous of their family size.    And the advice from Lori: You have to start training them when they're young.  How helpful for a woman whose eldest is 12.  Then Lori asserts that the kids only had one tantrum each, learning that such behavior just wasn't tolerated.  

How dreadful that people turn to them for advice.  I wish those kids could get away. 

I agree.  Lori's advice in no way applied to this woman's situation.  It was basically a "gee, I don't know what you'll do now that you've missed the window of opportunity for training, but hey, my kids turned out great!  We knew how to do parenting." 

I've seen her do this before- imply that a reader's children (at maybe 6 or 7- anything beyond 5) were essentially a lost cause).  Because her only advice is "hit" and if that doesn't work "hit harder", Lori hardly qualifies to be mentoring young moms.  The fact that she totally missed the red flags in that comment only serves to highlight that fact.

The truth is, Lori, Andrea, and people like them get an ego boost from all of their internet humble bragging.  Lori in particular uses her position as a "Godly Older Woman" to fulfill her need to boss people around.  And they have to listen to her because the God of the Universe says so.

It's really very sad, because something is tragically wrong in that woman's home.  I hope that whoever reported them keeps it up until those kids can get some help.  

This is sick. 

She later claims how they've taken all the kids' toys -- well, no wonder they're misbehaving if they have no outlet -- and says they're the "strictest family around." Well, how's that working out for them? 

Eight kids with no creative/fun outlet whose parents follow them to the bathroom and listen outside the door, whose parents hit them for every infraction, kids who are having accidents far past the age most kids do ... None of this is okay and certainly nothing to brag about. 

(eta -- I have no idea why the quoted part didn't show up. I'm too old to be muddling through another change, I guess.)

I am struggling too.  This quote feature has really thrown me for a loop :pb_lol:

There have been a few readers over the years who have very clearly revealed that they are abusing their children, and either Lori doesn't care, or she's not smart enough to see it.  Either way, her response has been:

1) Hit harder
2) It's too late for your kids, but I was a great mom!

As Lori's "head" Ken should see this and recommend professional help.  Lori has no business "mentoring" these child abusers via the net.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived