Did Debi remove the parts where she calls women she doesn't know fat and hillbilly ugly? Or the part where she tells women that they should only leave their husbands if he breaks their bones? That otherwise, abuse of any kind is godly?? 

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Debi remove the parts where she calls women she doesn't know fat and hillbilly ugly? Or the part where she tells women that they should only leave their husbands if he breaks their bones? That otherwise, abuse of any kind is godly?? 

That woman is as evil as her husband

Just musing...is there any chance that all the quotes generally attributed to Debi Pearl are actually all from the completely batshit crazy Michael Pearl? That he wrote the whole thing himself, but was advised that putting a woman's name on the title page would aid sales?

i guess I'm saying that because I find it impossible that any woman would write the above. I know, I know - fundies..... :dontgetit:

Love her post today. She says:

Interior Design has been a great study! If you have noticed, I change some of the titles of the chapters a bit to let you know what we are really being taught. This weeks chapter is titled "Disposition" but it's mostly about submission. The word "submission" would probably turn too many women off, unfortunately, since many think of abuse and evil connected with this word.

So she did a book study, and changed the parts she didn't like to reflect her views instead of the author's...kind of like she does when she edits comments on her blog.  Awesome.:pb_rollseyes:

Just musing...is there any chance that all the quotes generally attributed to Debi Pearl are actually all from the completely batshit crazy Michael Pearl? That he wrote the whole thing himself, but was advised that putting a woman's name on the title page would aid sales?

i guess I'm saying that because I find it impossible that any woman would write the above. I know, I know - fundies..... :dontgetit:

Well, Lori said that she learned from Debi Pearl herself, at a retreat that the Pearls did.

It's possible that in the future, Debi could abandon her little cult, announce that she'd been abused and manipulated for years, and felt forced into parroting these lines.  I'm not holding my breath, though.  I think that Debi really did write this, and that this ideology is part of her way of coping with her life.  At this point, she's highly invested in it.  She gains status, she gain a certain amount of material support, and she gains the ability to see herself as a wonderful martyr.

I actually watched that video Lori links.  At 8:40, they are discussing that submission doesn't mean submitting to abuse or sin, and Mary explicitly tells the story of helping a friend from church with a black eye by moving her out and getting her an order of protection.  She says that in that case, reconciliation wasn't possible, and their intervention to help her was also God's will.  Unlike Lorken, there's no protest of "exception!".

Also, I'm again finding it a bit weird that Lori is basing her "study" on how to be a good wife, on the work of an older single woman (Nancy Leigh DeMoss).

As far as her basing her study on an older unmarried woman, she'll quote anyone she finds  who will agree with her, and misquote those who don't.  But in general, I think she steals   bases her posts on other people so often because in general, she's a lazy blogger.  I think she spends hours on line, but I don't see her coming up with anything (ANYTHING) original.  But then again, I"m not sure who she is trying to convince--others or herself and Ken. "I am sumissive, Ken, I really am, even if sometimes you think I"m not. I preach it every day"

Oh Debbie. Yes, between the two of us, I am truly the one with the backwards, hillbilly views. 

Ken made 'interesting' remarks in the comments yesterday - he implies that any female who doesn't submit has psychological issues.  He is such a jackass.

We have seen a number of women ultimately need to go on drugs for their depressed and odd psychological issues, yet they cannot see that it is their behavior that is leading to their "going mad." If the male Nebuchadnezzar syndrome comes from pride the woman's syndrome may come from rebellion. Blindness in a person concerning themselves requires awareness. This woman should be made aware by her husband and friends that she is in no way submissive, nor does she desire to be. Once someone is fully aware of their issues they then have a choice to choose to do right or wrong. If she is aware by continually chooses wrong the brain remaps and goes blind again. 

Lori keeps encouraging her readers to "sign up" for an imaginary school she discussed in 2012 post.  She's mentioned it a few times over the last several days.

If you struggle with all the duties of keeping a home, struggle in your marriage, or need help and wisdom in raising godly offspring, please sign up for our school to get your Mrs. degree! You can sign up HERE! I wrote this post several years ago and women LOVED it! I have added what Emily could teach you since she's been added to our family since I wrote this post. This is the kind of school young women should be attending instead of being indoctrinated with feminist's garbage and empty philosophy that corrupts their minds and souls. 

Readers are clearly confused.  From Facebook: 

I followed the link you provided, but didn't see any place to sign up..?

*sigh* You can't sign up because the school DOESN'T EXIST.  Lori is just trying to get you to read her post, because women LOVED it!:pb_rollseyes:

The "school" is detailed in this blog post:

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/01/apply-for-mrs-degree.htm

Can't seem to break the link....what am I missing?

Ken made 'interesting' remarks in the comments yesterday - he implies that any female who doesn't submit has psychological issues.  He is such a jackass.

We have seen a number of women ultimately need to go on drugs for their depressed and odd psychological issues, yet they cannot see that it is their behavior that is leading to their "going mad." If the male Nebuchadnezzar syndrome comes from pride the woman's syndrome may come from rebellion. Blindness in a person concerning themselves requires awareness. This woman should be made aware by her husband and friends that she is in no way submissive, nor does she desire to be. Once someone is fully aware of their issues they then have a choice to choose to do right or wrong. If she is aware by continually chooses wrong the brain remaps and goes blind again. 

Well, Teri Maxwell needed a lot of years of submission craziness to overcome defeat recover from cope with barely survive her depression. I'd take modern medicine and psychotherapy over bronze age patriarchal nonsense every time.

"Sign up for a MRS degree" is just Lori thinking she's the funniest, cleverest fundie blogger that ever was. "Look at me! I'm not a heinous wench! I'm so clever and cute!"

Lori: "There is a shortage of older women teaching the younger women and pastors preaching the proper roles of men and women."

Ah, so what shall we do about this? 

Lori: "Cassi will teach them how to grind their own wheat, make bread and other healthy baked goods. She makes incredible healthy peanut butter cups. She's even created her own cooking blog. She's great at math and computers so she can help women learn how to balance check books and make their own web sites. She loves crafts so she can teach them fun crafts for their children.""

Hmmm ... okay, but Cassi is much, much younger than me. Plus, I already know all these things. 

Lori: "Erin, my daughter-in-law can teach them all about flowers and writing. She can teach them how to sew, decorate their home, and shop organically on a budget. She majored in biology so she'll show them science experiments to do with their children. They can learn about pregnancy and what to expect. She'll teach about babies and how to keep them healthy and happy. She can encourage them to truly love their husbands in the first year of marriage and beyond."

Pretty sure Erin is also younger than I am ... And as an older woman, I strongly disagree with her in the arena of child-reading.

Lori: "Alyssa, my oldest daughter, can teach them how to dance and stay in shape. She can explain their new lives in Christ and encourage them in their walk with the Lord. She's great with makeup and hair and can show them how to look as pretty and feminine as possible for their husbands. All of the girls, now that they are all happily married, can give lots of tips on planning weddings, but mostly preparing for marriage. They can all teach how to let their husbands lead and how to make them happy. They will explain how wonderful marriage can be and encourage them to marry a believer and wait upon God's timing. Most importantly, they will teach how to cover their relationship with prayer."

Well, I'm afraid that Alyssa's clothing choices are not at all what I'd consider appropriate for myself. 

Lori: "Emily could teach them how to write in calligraphy, decorate their homes, learn to cook food that is pleasing to their husband and how to have a joyful spirit. She's also incredibly intelligent like the rest of the girls so I am sure she could teach them many of the things she has learned in life and how to get through the first year of marriage and still be crazy in love with their husband!"

Oh, well, I've got all this down pat. In fact, 15 years here and still crazy in love with my man. Maybe I could teach her a thing or two though. No? Oh, well, you know ... since I'm an older woman and all ... 

Well, never mind then, Lori. You can take your Alexander School of Stuff and Nonsense and shove it.

Lori: "Cassi will teach them how to grind their own wheat, make bread and other healthy baked goods. She makes incredible healthy peanut butter cups. She's even created her own cooking blog. She's great at math and computers so she can help women learn how to balance check books and make their own web sites. She loves crafts so she can teach them fun crafts for their children.""

I doubt Lori would approve of the craft I am currently working on.  It is an embroidered picture of Mom from Futurama saying "Jam a bastard in it, you crap!" 

Wow!  Emily's  been married one whole year and still in love with her husband?  Impossible!

Sign me up for that MRS. degree!

I gotta say- I am not liking "Andrea" (commenter & guest poster on Lori's blog).

A concerned mother wrote in to Lori.  It seems that her daughter is intelligent enough to go to college, and we all know what a worry that can be:pb_rollseyes:

Anyway, Andrea chimed in with a reply that isn't worth the time in took her to type it.  

Her role is to remain at home, under her father's protection, guidance and leadership until she leaves her home to make a home with her husband. If she never marries, she will remain at home, serving her family and church..in a manner that is pleasing to God! 

Except NOPE.  That's not how it works.  Once your daughter grows up she can pretty much do anything she wants.  She's not limited to living at home forever, playing sister mommy to all of your little blessings. 

I gotta say- I am not liking "Andrea" (commenter & guest poster on Lori's blog).

A concerned mother wrote in to Lori.  It seems that her daughter is intelligent enough to go to college, and we all know what a worry that can be:pb_rollseyes:

Anyway, Andrea chimed in with a reply that isn't worth the time in took her to type it.  

Her role is to remain at home, under her father's protection, guidance and leadership until she leaves her home to make a home with her husband. If she never marries, she will remain at home, serving her family and church..in a manner that is pleasing to God! 

Except NOPE.  That's not how it works.  Once your daughter grows up she can pretty much do anything she wants.  She's not limited to living at home forever, playing sister mommy to all of your little blessings. 

Which is exactly what LorKen's daughters and daughters-in-law did, right? Oh, wait, they went to college and met college men and married them?  Was Andrea trolling?  

Which is exactly what LorKen's daughters and daughters-in-law did, right? Oh, wait, they went to college and met college men and married them?  Was Andrea trolling?  

I wish, but I am pretty sure she's serious.  

Andrea spends a majority of her time on Lori's blog bitching and moaning about the high cost of being as holy as she is.  The women at church don't relate to her- how could they?  She's godly!  But it's worth it...for the Lord.  Lonely, but worth it.  To be holy that is.  And Godly.  Godly and holy...that's her in a nutshell.

Sorry...that one annoys me.:pb_razz:

I wish, but I am pretty sure she's serious.  

Andrea spends a majority of her time on Lori's blog bitching and moaning about the high cost of being as holy as she is.  The women at church don't relate to her- how could they?  She's godly!  But it's worth it...for the Lord.  Lonely, but worth it.  To be holy that is.  And Godly.  Godly and holy...that's her in a nutshell.

Sorry...that one annoys me.:pb_razz:

Her name is Andrea Roltgen, and she recently did a guest post on Lori's blog - http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/10/having-your-hands-full-what-society.html.  When I first read the post, it had a link to her website, but it seems to be gone now.  Anyway, this is the website - http://freedomoutpost.com/author/andrearoltgen/.  There is a lot of craziness on it.

Wow, that woman makes Lori seem sane.  Her blog page does raise a question I've had from reading my fakebook page.  

She writes  How do you progressives, feminists, liberals, atheists, fornicators and homosexuals like Islam now?  Where are the civil rights activists on the cause of "homosexual rights," in light of their beloved Islam?

Where did people get the idea that progressives, feminists, liberal, atheists, fornicators and homosexuals as a group liked Islam?  I see it all the time, and while I don't fall into all the categories, I would never have thought any of these groups would have been particularly enthralled with Islam any more than they would be particularly enthralled with Christianity, especially in the fundamentalist versions.  

Wow, that woman makes Lori seem sane.  Her blog page does raise a question I've had from reading my fakebook page.  

She writes  How do you progressives, feminists, liberals, atheists, fornicators and homosexuals like Islam now?  Where are the civil rights activists on the cause of "homosexual rights," in light of their beloved Islam?

Where did people get the idea that progressives, feminists, liberal, atheists, fornicators and homosexuals as a group liked Islam?  I see it all the time, and while I don't fall into all the categories, I would never have thought any of these groups would have been particularly enthralled with Islam any more than they would be particularly enthralled with Christianity, especially in the fundamentalist versions.  

Those people tend to be liberals.

Liberals keep telling people that we shouldn't just kill all Muslims or even judge the religion based upon the actions of a few extremist fringe groups. And that Muslims should have as much freedom to practice their religion in America as anyone else.  And have even DEFENDED Muslim families from True Christians' harassment.  

Therefore, obviously, liberals LOVE Islam and are super into it. And they HATE and are totally PERSECUTING True Christians and Patriots by trying to stop them from killing, harassing, or otherwise silencing all Muslims.  It's 3rd grade logic, which is in line with just about everything else that group believes.

In 3rd Grade Terms:

"I think Joe's shirt is ugly.  I'm going to rub dirt on it!"

"No, dude, don't be a dick."

"OMG You LOVE Joe's shirt!  You want to MARRY Joe's shirt!! You want to wear it every day of your LIFE!!"

Those people tend to be liberals.

Liberals keep telling people that we shouldn't just kill all Muslims or even judge the religion based upon the actions of a few extremist fringe groups. And that Muslims should have as much freedom to practice their religion in America as anyone else.  And have even DEFENDED Muslim families from True Christians' harassment.  

Therefore, obviously, liberals LOVE Islam and are super into it. And they HATE and are totally PERSECUTING True Christians and Patriots by trying to stop them from killing, harassing, or otherwise silencing all Muslims.  It's 3rd grade logic, which is in line with just about everything else that group believes.

In 3rd Grade Terms:

"I think Joe's shirt is ugly.  I'm going to rub dirt on it!"

"No, dude, don't be a dick."

"OMG You LOVE Joe's shirt!  You want to MARRY Joe's shirt!! You want to wear it every day of your LIFE!!"

Sometimes.  Other times, though, I have seen logic that looks more like this:

"We are being oppressed by the Christian Right.  The Christian Right is criticizing something about Islam.  Therefore, the criticism must be oppressive and we must defend Islam.  This starts to look weird when Muslim reformers, progressives and critics - sometimes inspired by the example of Western reformers, progressives and critics who spoke out against their own religions and societies - find themselves under attack by Western liberals.  Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Irshad Manji and Tarek Fateh, for example, seem to attract some super-intense criticism, when (a) they actually all started out with progressive views and (b) the same sort of statements would attract no criticism whatsoever from progressive quarters if they were made about Americans and Christians.  However, if a Muslim progressives dares to accept any support at all from sources on the Right, they are seen as threats and rejected.

Some examples:

http://www.loonwatch.com/2014/05/the-problem-with-irshad-manji/

http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2014/03/30/foxnews-gins-up-honor-diaries-controversy/

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived