IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 4

Coconut Flan

They might be doing it as marketing, after seeing how everyone reacted to Alyssa in pants. And since they obviously are "skirts only", this was the next best thing.

Here are both Alyssa and Josie in leather (or pleather) skirts.  Can you imagine a Maxwell woman in leather?:

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. These Bates girls are all so teeny tiny!

ETA: By the way, did anybody see the pictures on Michael's IG? The poor little girls seem heartbroken because Michael is leaving again. :pb_sad: But sure, there's nothing at all wrong with siblings raising siblings.

ETA again: Kelly actually commented "Addee sat and cried for an hour and a half after you left!" under that picture. Ugh.

Favourite substitute swear word has to be fudge! Not that I use it a lot, I tend to go with the real thing unless there are little ears around. Not that I truly swear that much! 

And that is truly sad not cute that Addee cried for that long. 

My aunt dealt with feelings of abandonment after my (older) aunt (her big sister) left for college. My grandmother had just died and she ran as her method of coping leaving 2 younger siblings behind. I can only imagine how messed up these kids will be well into adulthood after losing their "mother".

Kelly Bates seems more involved with her children than Michelle but she's far from mother of the year.

My godmother was a kindergarten teacher and her favorite swear word is "Oh Christmas".  Usually not said as an exclamation but instead as someone would say "Oh God" with an eye roll. 

I just add random words into actual curse words a lot of the time. In college I picked up "fuck a duck!" from a friend. Which I shouted one day while playing a game with a bunch of people on this giant quad after someone jumped up and landed on my foot. People literally fell to the ground laughing.

I've also been known to string random nonsense words together. Like flibberty gibbet or poop monkey. 

Here is another pic of the Bates' girls visit to Pensacola Christian College earlier this month, posted by a freshman student (she's in the red skirt)

Wow. These Bates girls are all so teeny tiny!

ETA: By the way, did anybody see the pictures on Michael's IG? The poor little girls seem heartbroken because Michael is leaving again. :pb_sad: But sure, there's nothing at all wrong with siblings raising siblings.

ETA again: Kelly actually commented "Addee sat and cried for an hour and a half after you left!" under that picture. Ugh.

Is it just me or does Callie look a lot like Jennifer Duggar in the top left pic?

I just add random words into actual curse words a lot of the time. In college I picked up "fuck a duck!" from a friend. Which I shouted one day while playing a game with a bunch of people on this giant quad after someone jumped up and landed on my foot. People literally fell to the ground laughing.

I've also been known to string random nonsense words together. Like flibberty gibbet or poop monkey. 

Ha!  I've been known to exclaim "fuck a duck" also!  I come from a Catholic French-Canadian background and my typical swears stem from there.  Not sure why, but a lot of it is religion-based.  My American husband doesn't speak French so he's routinely amused by the "funny sounding" words that my potty-mouth comes up with.  

My husband very rarely swears, when he does, he does it in Kermit the Frog's voice.  

I'll throw my two cents of swear words in as well ;) I'm from Holland (the Netherlands) and I use all kind of swear words. When I was younger I didn't want to say shit so made it the German version Scheize. Still use that one today. We have all kind of swear words but nothing like what @Fundie Bunny said.

@FundieBunny wow a song for the different words of a penis....:my_rolleyes:

Ha!  I've been known to exclaim "fuck a duck" also!  I come from a Catholic French-Canadian background and my typical swears stem from there.  Not sure why, but a lot of it is religion-based.  My American husband doesn't speak French so he's routinely amused by the "funny sounding" words that my potty-mouth comes up with.  

My husband very rarely swears, when he does, he does it in Kermit the Frog's voice.  

I think that just sticks with you, the Catholic background. Most of my swearing centers around Jesus as well. My favourite is "Sweet baby Jesus." I guess it's more blasphemy than actual swearing but it feels good. 

Is it just me or does Callie look a lot like Jennifer Duggar in the top left pic?

Not just you, I thought the same thing! :) 

Erin says Chad is doing all the laundry and other house chores and she's doing few.
Good for her! but isn't it surprising? I mean... not very manly, not very ATI, isn't it?

Erin seemed the most fundie but now she has a husband who helps at home, she will have few children (yes, because medical reasons, but still) and she seems very motherly (she seemed cold as a sistermom) and she has a job she enjoys. Yes, she only does fundie things but she's lucky after all. Others like her married douchebags that ministry and doesn't work, that are agressive and not allow wifes to work, and are unable to wash a dish.

Here is another pic of the Bates' girls visit to Pensacola Christian College earlier this month, posted by a freshman student (she's in the red skirt)

I have to admit all these girls have a great style. I would wear each of their outfits. And they are still modest IMO.

I can't really see how they are ~~~modest~~~ clothes myself, they just...look like regular clothes to me? I think a lot of 'mainstream modest' people assume others just walk around in a bikini all day. In reality most people cover up based on the weather/activity. I mean as far as a Muslim or Orthodox Jewish woman is concerned, they are not modest at all.

Also, this topic always makes me want some coconut flan. *hungry*

I can't really see how they are ~~~modest~~~ clothes myself, they just...look like regular clothes to me? I think a lot of 'mainstream modest' people assume others just walk around in a bikini all day. In reality most people cover up based on the weather/activity. I mean as far as a Muslim or Orthodox Jewish woman is concerned, they are not modest at all.

Also, this topic always makes me want some coconut flan. *hungry*

Yes,you are right. Those are regular outfits. But if you remember how the Bateseses used to dress only a few years ago it is a HUGE improvement. They look really fashionable now!

Yes,you are right. Those are regular outfits. But if you remember how the Bateseses used to dress only a few years ago it is a HUGE improvement. They look really fashionable now!

seeing the girls with the PCc student makes me realize - we almost never see the bates or duggars tuck their shirts into their skirts! Is there a fundie reasoning behind this? 

seeing the girls with the PCc student makes me realize - we almost never see the bates or duggars tuck their shirts into their skirts! Is there a fundie reasoning behind this? 

I don't know, it might just be a preference, I hate tucking in my shirt/sweater, for no real reason I think I don't look like me with it tucked in. My mom and sister wears their sweaters the same way so it might just be  me seeing them and doing the same thing. My daughter never tucks in shirts as well and I have never taught her to do the same as I.

Maybe because it would emphasize the waist and thus create a more hourglassy figure? And hourglassy ist "sexy"..:huh:

Has to be a stupid reason though...

Oh joy. Another former sister-mom who thinks it's a great idea to post pictures of her distraught siblings online. Nice to see Jilly Dilly isn't alone on this.

I'm not fundie and I almost never tuck any shirt in (unless it's layering in colder weather).  I went to a professional event last night, and didn't tuck the cami I wore under my blazer into my skirt (it has lace trim).  

IME the only women I see with tucked in shirts are 50+.   

Jitumblr_ntpir2AaNU1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

Jinger and Jana at the Commit Conference in August looking tucked in and polished.  

Am I wrong for wanting to know where Jana's skirt came from?  I want it!

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived