IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 4

Coconut Flan

I'm not saying that leather can't be modest. I just think that, at least where I'm from in southern Appalachia--not far from the Bates-- leather pants/skirts have a bit of a "racy" reputation.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying that leather can't be modest. I just think that, at least where I'm from in southern Appalachia--not far from the Bates-- leather pants/skirts have a bit of a "racy" reputation.

:agree:A leather skirt, no mather how Long/short is the opposite of modest.

Not sure if you guys caught it, but I was joking lol. Just mocking the fundies and their insistence on following what the bible "supposedly" says and not logic 

I swear like a sailor in the comfort of my own home and I'm sure my parents are rolling in their graves.  Neither cursed much, an occasional hell maybe.  When ever my dad wanted to curse he said "God Bless America."  My grandma rarely cussed either but all my friends and I lost our minds when she said "Well shit fire" it became our go to curse phrase. 

Am I wrong for wanting to know where Jana's skirt came from?  I want it!

No, because I would 100% wear both Jana and Jinger's outfits and kinda want to know where Jinger got her entire ensemble.

It's obvious the skirts on the Bateses an Duggars females have gotten shorter over the last few years. They barely fall below knee level , but still look modest enough. I recall Jinger wearing a slit skirt in about the second or third season of the show. I can''t tell whether they dress more stylish because TLC encouraged it, the kids got older, or they have more money. They both started out wearing prairie dresses, and perhaps learned you can  be stylish and modest..

I used 'Fuck me, Freddy' quite a bit after reading a Stephen King novel with a character who used it constantly, until one of my adult daughters asked me to stop because it reminded her of Freddy from icarly and put really squicky images in her mind.

My grandaddy yelled out 'dadgammit!' when angry, substituting for the gd his Baptist sensibilities wouldn't let him use.  Grandmother would hear him, yell out in this slow Southern drawl, "Robert!" and then he'd mutter 'wellsheeeiittt' under his breath.

It's obvious the skirts on the Bateses an Duggars females have gotten shorter over the last few years. They barely fall below knee level , but still look modest enough. I recall Jinger wearing a slit skirt in about the second or third season of the show. I can''t tell whether they dress more stylish because TLC encouraged it, the kids got older, or they have more money. They both started out wearing prairie dresses, and perhaps learned you can  be stylish and modest..

anyone with more up close experience with fundies know if it's all of gothard? I've seen people mention over the years they've tried to appear more normal on the outside. I'm wondering if on a whole they started using more modern/stylish clothes 

anyone with more up close experience with fundies know if it's all of gothard? I've seen people mention over the years they've tried to appear more normal on the outside. I'm wondering if on a whole they started using more modern/stylish clothes 

It seems like it is an IFB thing, for example look up the blog Modern Modesty.There are several IFB instagram accounts that are IFB women who wear shorter skirts and dress pretty modern.

No, because I would 100% wear both Jana and Jinger's outfits and kinda want to know where Jinger got her entire ensemble.

If wanting Jinger's outfit is wrong, then I don't wanna be right. Jana's....I like the skirt, but I don't do puffy sleeves.

It seems like it is an IFB thing, for example look up the blog Modern Modesty.There are several IFB instagram accounts that are IFB women who wear shorter skirts and dress pretty modern.

Not even "just" IFB, I've seen Mormon and Muslim modest "street style" blogs.

I may or may not have saved that photo of them to my "Style Ideas" folder as work outfit inspiration. :kitty-shifty:

Did anyone listen to a iTunes preview of Erin's new Christmas CD? I'm a sucker for Christmas music. Hate her beliefs, but Erin definitely has some serious talent when it comes to the piano.

I was surprised to find Frosty the Snowman on there. Of course, there's no singing on the CD, but it struck me an an odd find. With a line like "There must have been some magic in that old silk hat they found", it doesn't strike me as the type of song the Bates are listening to and singing.

Did anyone listen to a iTunes preview of Erin's new Christmas CD? I'm a sucker for Christmas music. Hate her beliefs, but Erin definitely has some serious talent when it comes to the piano.

I was surprised to find Frosty the Snowman on there. Of course, there's no singing on the CD, but it struck me an an odd find. With a line like "There must have been some magic in that old silk hat they found", it doesn't strike me as the type of song the Bates are listening to and singing.

I expected to like it, but it reminds me of the BBC's Pride and Prejudice when Bingley's sister shows off on the piano.  Prodigious skill, but a lack of originality, understanding of subtlety, understanding of musical craftsmanship.

Erin would be an EXCELLENT concert pianist (just like Jana Duggar! /s), but if she wants to continue making albums where she tries to add her own "stamp" on existing music, she ought to get a composer.  

I thought I was the only one who used fuck a duck -- it's my favorite! 

My grandmother always said H E double scribble, and I loved it so much. 

I say 'pluck a duck' at work when the emergency bell goes off.  I also say that in the car when another driver does something stupid.  My girls both swear like sailors but not in front of me!

Am I wrong for wanting to know where Jana's skirt came from?  I want it!

Don't you know? She got it at a thrift store. Buy used and save the difference:pb_rollseyes:! Wish I could find nice things like that at a thrift store! 

Don't you know? She got it at a thrift store. Buy used and save the difference:pb_rollseyes:! Wish I could find nice things like that at a thrift store! 

Do they still do that?  These kids have iphones now-a-days, I struggle to believe they're buying all clothes used and saving the difference.

Not sure if this has been covered or not yet...

image.png

Is this from the tumblr with the same name?  If it is it's already been removed.  Thanks for posting the screenshot.

Is this from the tumblr with the same name?  If it is it's already been removed.  Thanks for posting the screenshot.

Laughing hysterically "because Nathan is Bae". Where do they find these fangirls??

I had the impression Fundie sonly liked Christmas carols with a religious themes like "Away in a Manger".. If i recall correctly, I think there's a clip of some or one the Duggar kids singing " Up On the Housetop".

Do they still do that?  These kids have iphones now-a-days, I struggle to believe they're buying all clothes used and saving the difference.

I get some pretty awesome stuff from high-end consignment shops, although it would be a ton of work to buy all my clothing that way (and of course all the undergarments, hosiery have to be new--usually you can't even find that used). When you say "buying used" today, you've got quite a spectrum of quality out there--from the Goodwill clearance rack to Designer clothing on Ebay.

I get some pretty awesome stuff from high-end consignment shops, although it would be a ton of work to buy all my clothing that way (and of course all the undergarments, hosiery have to be new--usually you can't even find that used). When you say "buying used" today, you've got quite a spectrum of quality out there--from the Goodwill clearance rack to Designer clothing on Ebay.

Oh don't get me wrong, I get almost all my clothes second-hand, or on a really good sale. Even on a sale, Northface coats and I-Phones don't come cheap. Although since they do not have jobs maybe they have the time to surf the web for deals :my_biggrin:

It hasn't been removed, it's just old. We discussed it a few weeks ago. It's still on, on page 4.

It hasn't been removed, it's just old. We discussed it a few weeks ago. It's still on, on page 4.

Thanks for the clarification.  A few weeks ago I was way too busy at work to keep up with boards.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived