IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 4

Coconut Flan

Don't know if it's been discussed but I read some if the bate girls are at PCC

whats pcc?

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the people at UP deleting comments about the lawsuit from the BUB FB page? Whenever I look there, I only see squeaky clean "I love your family!"-esque comments.

Don't know if it's been discussed but I read some if the bate girls are at PCC

I assume you mean Pensacola Christian College? [alma mater of the Hartonos and other fundies]. Could you provide details? Are they visiting, or attending?

Yes. Penocola Christian college.  They were on campus. A girl said they were in her class. I don't even know what bate girls were on campus, I can't keep up with names but apparently they were there.

while they aren't exactly going to Harvard, at least these girls (and boys!) are getting out, meeting people who they aren't related to or in a cult with and learning in an environment that isn't the SOTDRT. It's no wonder they are better at presenting themselves - they've actually had to function in relatively normal social situations.

Yes. Penocola Christian college.  They were on campus. A girl said they were in her class. I don't even know what bate girls were on campus, I can't keep up with names but apparently they were there.

Thank you. I take it this was a campus visit--they aren't actually enrolled. Still, it would be great if, say, Carlin is considering going to PCC next year. Doesn't seem like an option for Duggarlings, even though multiple Hartonos went there, and lived with the Duggars during school breaks.

Didn't the Duggars visit that place while they were filming for the season that got cancelled?  Sounds like just a plot line.

Could well be just a plot line, could also be true.

Unlike the Duggars, multiple Bates kids have graduated from Crown.  Even when they were poor, the Bates family was paying for education.

Its not much of a stretch that now the Bates family have money, the oldest ones seem to be doing allright, kids have gone away from home for short periods before, to think that maybe other very conservative collages could be an option.

It could be a plot line, it could be something they're genuinely considering but decide against in the end (making it look like a plot line), it could happen.

It more likely to be a Bates than a Duggar (unless JB realises that a sending Jinger/Joy to college in a cool place has a (very) slim chance of getting them a TV show and earning him money)

A Duggar child is studying at Crown College, right? 

I believe Joseph is there - or was. Not sure if he is now.

Could well be just a plot line, could also be true.

Unlike the Duggars, multiple Bates kids have graduated from Crown.  Even when they were poor, the Bates family was paying for education.

Its not much of a stretch that now the Bates family have money, the oldest ones seem to be doing allright, kids have gone away from home for short periods before, to think that maybe other very conservative collages could be an option.

It could be a plot line, it could be something they're genuinely considering but decide against in the end (making it look like a plot line), it could happen.

It more likely to be a Bates than a Duggar (unless JB realises that a sending Jinger/Joy to college in a cool place has a (very) slim chance of getting them a TV show and earning him money)

I was under the impression that only Erin had actually graduated.

PCC sounds like a hell hole. The Bates should be right at home here

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1688-5-awful-realities-fundamentalist-christian-college.html

PCC  is a hell hole, I went to UWF which is a secular college in the same city and you can't get on their campus even to visit. They have separate walkways for boys and girls so there is no "accidental touching or defrauding" they have to get passes to go off campus and can be denied. They have separate beaches for the boys and girls and no one can go to the public beach because we are all heathens. I worked briefly with a girl who went there under the impression it was something else and she transferred out the next semester. I know another girl that got kicked out for being told on for talking to a guy, literally just talking. I found the student handbook and it is ridiculous, I'm on my phone, but if I can find it again (since my laptop is dead) I'll post it here. 

PCC  is a hell hole, I went to UWF which is a secular college in the same city and you can't get on their campus even to visit. They have separate walkways for boys and girls so there is no "accidental touching or defrauding" they have to get passes to go off campus and can be denied. They have separate beaches for the boys and girls and no one can go to the public beach because we are all heathens. I worked briefly with a girl who went there under the impression it was something else and she transferred out the next semester. I know another girl that got kicked out for being told on for talking to a guy, literally just talking. I found the student handbook and it is ridiculous, I'm on my phone, but if I can find it again (since my laptop is dead) I'll post it here. 

Hey, I went to UWF too!
Yeah, PCC... sigh. My dad does background clearances and such and had to go there to speak to with some office workers and he said "they were all very nice" I said, well of course they were they don't have any other choice!

Hey, I went to UWF too!Yeah, PCC... sigh. My dad does background clearances and such and had to go there to speak to with some office workers and he said "they were all very nice" I said, well of course they were they don't have any other choice!

Small world! Haha, that's how they get you is "being nice" did you ever notice how sad some of them looked sitting in Starbucks? They can't even sit with the opposite sex and I had one give me a bible tract as a tip and said she would pray for me, for what exactly, I'm not sure. 

Found it!

Highlights:

Headphones/earphones are not allowed

If you have to get elective/non-emergency surgery, you have to run it by the school first

No jazz, country, CCM, rock, rap, or R&B music

No TV or movies (including off campus)

No ordering food from outside restaurants (because unholy pizza causes unholy thoughts or something?)

Martial arts are prohibited because they'll turn you into a Daoist or some shit

Athletic fields are gender segregated

Protesting is not allowed at all

No backwards baseball caps - so now we know why Ben Seewald couldn't go there!

I personally love this rule (for town students and over 23's): 

Since protecting your testimony is vitally important, do not go to the beach in mixed groups, be at local parks after dark, or visit in the home or hotel room of an unmarried member of the opposite sex.

Great. So I guess that's permission to start an affair with a married man. Hurrah!

If you have to get elective/non-emergency surgery, you have to run it by the school first

What in the heck?  Isn't this some sort of violation of HIPAA?  Ridiculous that you'd have to run it by the school if you needed your tonsils out or a hemorrhoidectomy or something.

I personally love this rule (for town students and over 23's): 

Since protecting your testimony is vitally important, do not go to the beach in mixed groups, be at local parks after dark, or visit in the home or hotel room of an unmarried member of the opposite sex.

Great. So I guess that's permission to start an affair with a married man. Hurrah!

Man, I bet Joshy Boy feels pretty peeved that he could have gotten his extramarital jollies for a lot less money and effort if he'd just moved to Pensacola.

I was under the impression that only Erin had actually graduated.

That would be correct, and with the financial assistance of her brother Lawson.  :kitty-wink:

Man, I bet Joshy Boy feels pretty peeved that he could have gotten his extramarital jollies for a lot less money and effort if he'd just moved to Pensacola.

We do have a lot of prostitutes out at dark...

If the bates were at PCC, they keep following me. I was just in Orlando in the area near Alyssa when Lawson was visiting her and now I am back home and here they are

We do have a lot of prostitutes out at dark...

If the bates were at PCC, they keep following me. I was just in Orlando in the area near Alyssa when Lawson was visiting her and now I am back home and here they are

Glad they're not coming to London.

Damn, I probably jinxed it. On the next episode of Bringing Up Bates...*cue snippet of Rule Britannia*

Glad they're not coming to London.

Damn, I probably jinxed it. On the next episode of Bringing Up Bates...*cue snippet of Rule Britannia*

What's scary is I am going to London in January lol

Lawson paid for Erin to go to school?

I don't know if he paid for it in full, but he did give her money to attend. I think it was a loan and she needed to repay him, but I'm not sure about that.

But yeah. Her parents didn't have the money, so Lawson paid instead. Which is really nice, but he shouldn't have had to do that. Not his responsibility - just like buying groceries so his younger siblings could eat wasn't his responsibility either. Very nice and compassionate to do so, but he should never have been put into that position in the first place.

I don't know if he paid for it in full, but he did give her money to attend. I think it was a loan and she needed to repay him, but I'm not sure about that.

But yeah. Her parents didn't have the money, so Lawson paid instead. Which is really nice, but he shouldn't have had to do that. Not his responsibility - just like buying groceries so his younger siblings could eat wasn't his responsibility either. Very nice and compassionate to do so, but he should never have been put into that position in the first place.

Which, IMO, tells me that even though his blood type is Kool-Aid Positive and he has a bit of a Frat Boy Douche air about him, Lawson is still a compassionate, responsible person who's loyal to his family. It sucks that he was put in such a position that he felt he had to financially support his sister, but it still shows a good amount of integrity and loyalty that he did it.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived