IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 4

Coconut Flan

I'm not fundie and I almost never tuck any shirt in (unless it's layering in colder weather).  I went to a professional event last night, and didn't tuck the cami I wore under my blazer into my skirt (it has lace trim).  

IME the only women I see with tucked in shirts are 50+.   

Wow, that is a pretty broad generalization.  Sometimes I tuck, sometimes I don't tuck. Depends on the shirt. But if it is menswear-style button down, I often tuck.  Granted, I work in a pretty conservative space (Capitol Hill).

My guess about fundy girls not tucking in much is  just what someone else says--it emphasizes the waist  and (oh noes!) pulls the fabric tighter over their bosoms (oh noes!)

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jitumblr_ntpir2AaNU1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

Jinger and Jana at the Commit Conference in August looking tucked in and polished.  

Am I wrong for wanting to know where Jana's skirt came from?  I want it!

Also, this topic always makes me want some coconut flan.

Now I do also.  The market that sold coconut flan went out of business last month!  

Ewwwww I never tuck unless I'm obligated to for work. Faaaaaaat bellies don't work so well for tucked and tailored. Mind you, i love myself and my body, but I know I have a baby belly. If I could tuck it into itself over and over and over until it disappeared, I wouldn't complain.

And yes. Coconut flan sounds yummy!

What you guys call flan we call creme caramel, to me flan is the same as a tart - I imagine something like bakewell tart with coconut instead of almonds.

Jitumblr_ntpir2AaNU1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

Jinger and Jana at the Commit Conference in August looking tucked in and polished.  

No, Jana's skirt is really nice, sadly it would not look as good on me.

I can't really see how they are ~~~modest~~~ clothes myself, they just...look like regular clothes to me? I think a lot of 'mainstream modest' people assume others just walk around in a bikini all day. In reality most people cover up based on the weather/activity. I mean as far as a Muslim or Orthodox Jewish woman is concerned, they are not modest at all.

Also, this topic always makes me want some coconut flan. *hungry*

The clothing is modest by their standards (and by the general public) because it isn't showing thigh or cleavage. This is modest clothing done right.

Also, Jill has been seen with her shirt tucked in before!

edd65172617f2f8bc96515b4630b10d4.jpg

I think they both look amazing in that picture (and so does Jill in the engagement shot). I'd be happy to have either Jinger or Jana's complete outfit. Cowboy boots, alas, are not my thing at all.

I was once talking with a woman who had gone to a Catholic high school.  She said that teen pregnancy was so common there that people would immediately begin talking as soon as a girl stopped tucking her shirt into her skirt.

I'm not at all one to worry about 'modesty' standards, but I'd happily wear either of Jinger and Jana's outfits from that pic. They'd be great for work (I'm a teacher's aide) and are actually cute and stylish outfits......modern modest done right. 

I just noticed that Jason Hartono, who attends PCC,  posted a pic:

In his comments, he said Mrs. Bates & 4 Bates females were visiting.  [the other girl in the pic is his sister Jenny Hartono]

Wow, Jason Hartono has defrauded me.

Lawson and he should come try to convert me, I look great in skirts.:my_angel:

My parents would flip their shit if I was on a campus that had any say as to whether or not I needed surgery or medical treatment. Then again, my parents were very much pro secular education.

"Son of a bee sting" is one of my favorite curse substitutes.  I grew up hearing people say, "Welllll, I swan!"  LOL!  I think that's supposed to mean "I swear," but the Bible says not to give an oath and swearing would be that, I guess, in the minds of those who choose, instead, to "swan."

Years ago I worked with a man who cut his finger in the office and yelled "Dog Breath!"  He had small kids at home and I guess this was the permissible swear.  I was impressed that he remembered it in the office where no one would have been offended if he had used adult words...

When I taught kindergarten, a boy came to my desk to tattle on his table mate who said the "SH" word.  In astonishment, I looked at the accused and informed him that we did NOT use that word.  He felt shamed.  Some months later, I learned from his mother that "shut up" is the forbidden "SH" word.

That is really cute.

Personally I'm still a huge fan of snugglebunnies, horsepoopery and bullhonkery. 

A woman I worked for favors "Oh, dingleberries!"

Years ago I worked with a man who cut his finger in the office and yelled "Dog Breath!"  He had small kids at home and I guess this was the permissible swear.  I was impressed that he remembered it in the office where no one would have been offended if he had used adult words...

That is really cute.

A woman I worked for favors "Oh, dingleberries!"

When my cat has a piece of shit hanging from her ass I call it a "dingleberry"...

That reminds me of that beer commercial where they had a swear jar in the office and everyone is swearing like crazy for every little thing but one guy says "oh shoot" or something and everyone stops what they are doing and stares at him like he is the biggest A-hole of all time until he says a real cussword.

Then they show the office buying beer with the swear jar money. 

Sometimes, in the grip of pain, I shout out "JESUS/GOD FUCKING [ALTERNATING NOUN]"

Sometimes I almost say them at schools where I work. Fortunately I was able to amend my outburst into "JESUS -- loves the little children..." or "GOD.... BLESS AMERICA!!!"

I hate euphemisms :(

Edited because I fail at grammar tonight.

I just wanna throw my hat in the ring for a Whitney baby announcement soon. Her boobs in the new Instagram pic with her and Zac at Dollywood look way bigger than normal. I call knocked up. Not that any of us would be surprised. 

Sometimes, in the grip of pain, I shout out "JESUS/GOD FUCKING [ALTERNATING NOUN]"

Sometimes I almost say them at schools where I work. Fortunately I was able to amend my outburst into "JESUS -- loves the little children..." or "GOD.... BLESS AMERICA!!!"

I hate euphemisms :(

Edited because I fail at grammar tonight.

I would switch to Yiddish expressions to avoid swearing at the school where I worked as an English teacher. End result? My students had a hard time telling me how their weekends went or what kinds of food they liked to eat, but they could say "oy gevalt" and "oy vey" like nobody's business.

I just add random words into actual curse words a lot of the time. In college I picked up "fuck a duck!" from a friend. Which I shouted one day while playing a game with a bunch of people on this giant quad after someone jumped up and landed on my foot. People literally fell to the ground laughing.

I've also been known to string random nonsense words together. Like flibberty gibbet or poop monkey. 

I thought I was the only one who used fuck a duck -- it's my favorite! 

My grandmother always said H E double scribble, and I loved it so much. 

I just wanna throw my hat in the ring for a Whitney baby announcement soon. Her boobs in the new Instagram pic with her and Zac at Dollywood look way bigger than normal. I call knocked up. Not that any of us would be surprised. 

I hope not. 

They do look bigger though. I feel like such a perv looking.

Here are both Alyssa and Josie in leather (or pleather) skirts.  Can you imagine a Maxwell woman in leather?:

The bible doesn't say leather can't be modest! It just says women's clothes need to cover them past their cleavage and past their knees. Supposedly.  Don't think about it too much.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived