IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 2

happy atheist

L6jViMi.png

Cessna. Back to Big Sandy. What's with the wonky route? Is this Josiah, getting some practice in? :think:

Recap: They left at 6:30am for ALERT Field. Landed at 8:30. Left for Meacham at 10. Landed just past 11. Headed back to Big Sandy at 12:30, landing at 1:45. They've been on the ground about 90 minutes at each stop. If the pattern holds, they're due to take off again right now...

Can someone refresh my memory on the Cessna? how many passengers can it hold? Is JD the usual pilot? 

Can someone refresh my memory on the Cessna? how many passengers can it hold? Is JD the usual pilot? 

The Cessna seats four. It was purchased right around the same time Josiah got his student license, so in my mind it's Siah's plane, but we don't actually know that. 

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible that the Cessna has been loaned/rented to Alert Academy at Big Sandy  for pilot training? ANd isn't being flown by Duggars at all?

Is it possible that the Cessna has been loaned/rented to Alert Academy at Big Sandy  for pilot training? ANd isn't being flown by Duggars at all?

That's entirely possible.

Also, there's an ALERT session ending today; lots of pomp and circumstance. Are all of the Duggar boys accounted for at the TTH for the last nine weeks? 

https://www.instagram.com/alertacademy/

That's entirely possible.

Also, there's an ALERT session ending today; lots of pomp and circumstance. Are all of the Duggar boys accounted for at the TTH for the last nine weeks? 

https://www.instagram.com/alertacademy/

So the plane might be the taxi picking up people from flights from HQ or such that landed in Fort Worth and then heading to big sandy?

I agree, I can't see any of the older boys as a big city cop. Since nobody came up with a better idea of why they spent the day in Fort Worth, I figured I would at least share the very creative Fort Worth PD recruiting video and it had to the reason for the trip right. ;):)  

Very good but I do not think JD has the qualifications for the academy. My son was a Texas State Trooper and it was a very long application process (I as his mother even had an interview with the officer in charge of hiring) and a three month live in academy. He had 8 years in the military, specializes in explosives besides all the gun requirements. Also, Texas is the first state of the 50 to require their law officers to remain in good physical condition even after hiring. I am not sure JD could pass the physical requirements. Police Department may have slightly different standards but in general Texas is a pretty tough state in that area. It would be great if one of the kids got that far away from the family but not sure this is it. Plus, there would be no on camera drive alongs for JB. If he had left the car when told to stay put like he did when he rode with JD his ride along would have been over. Period.

Very good but I do not think JD has the qualifications for the academy. My son was a Texas State Trooper and it was a very long application process (I as his mother even had an interview with the officer in charge of hiring) and a three month live in academy. He had 8 years in the military, specializes in explosives besides all the gun requirements. Also, Texas is the first state of the 50 to require their law officers to remain in good physical condition even after hiring. I am not sure JD could pass the physical requirements. Police Department may have slightly different standards but in general Texas is a pretty tough state in that area. It would be great if one of the kids got that far away from the family but not sure this is it. Plus, there would be no on camera drive alongs for JB. If he had left the car when told to stay put like he did when he rode with JD his ride along would have been over. Period.

I was being sarcastic when i  posted the video. :)  I have several friends on PD forces smaller than FW and i know how much work it took them to get on their respective forces. I also have a friend that is an FBI agent, holy moly that process took forever!  

Fort Worth PD happened to release the video the same time period JD was in FW for an entire day. So I thought it would funny to say JD was interviewing with them. 

I was being sarcastic when i  posted the video. :)  I have several friends on PD forces smaller than FW and i know how much work it took them to get on their respective forces. I also have a friend that is an FBI agent, holy moly that process took forever!  

Fort Worth PD happened to release the video the same time period JD was in FW for an entire day. So I thought it would funny to say JD was interviewing with them. 

Sorry, did not mean to get on a tangent. Been one of those days and am being easily led astray by posts! I did realize you were being sarcastic and should have mentioned it but I just bulldozed on in there.

I can only imagine the FBI. My son has presidential clearance for some of the work he does and that took over a year to receive and he warned us several times people in suits may come talk to us and we needed to behave! :my_biggrin: I don't think he wanted us telling them what fun he was in middle school!

I think PD applicants have to have military service and/or at least 2 years of college. Might not be so for Texas, tho. Don't think you can apply right out of HS, & seriously doubt SOTDRT.

Altho I have a friend who home-schools. She is pretty militant. She follows the curriculum religiously, meets w/reps  from the state school admin;takes them on school trips w/other homeschool parents, and even has gym. The only difference is, she lets the kids sleep till they wake up & school might be only morning or afternoon. They test excellent at the end of every school year. And not once did she ever have to teach about "real estate bankruptcy." Her kids are 8 & 10.

ebo6Ef9.png

Cessna. Big Sandy, TX to De Queen, AR. 125-ish miles; 45 minutes by air, 2.5 hours by car.

De Queen is where Chad Fucking Gallagher and his poor excuse for a PR firm are located. Hmmm.

The plane is already en route to its next stop: Hilltop Lakes, TX. 

http://i.imgur.com/oBoXpEH.png

Cessna. Palestine, TX to De Queen, AR. 200 miles; 75 minutes by air, 3.5 hours by car. Flight and screencap are from yesterday, during FJ downtime. I'm not sure why the image isn't loading; I will tinker with it. There was another flight that I will post shortly.

Almost forgot: evidently there was an undocumented flight from Hilltop Lakes to Palestine. Palestine is 70 miles northeast of Hilltop Lakes.

http://i.imgur.com/22gDrmD.png

Cessna. De Queen, AR to Big Sandy, TX. 140 miles; 50-ish minutes by air, 2.5 hours by car.

To review Friday and Saturday's Cessna activity: Springdale -> Big Sandy -> Fort Worth -> Big Sandy -> De Queen -> Hilltop Lakes -> Palestine -> De Queen -> Big Sandy. Hmmm.

10 hours ago, Piano gal said:

Good God at the gas money they must be spending.

Well, the 172 burns between 8 and 10 gallons per hour, and 100LL fuel is $5 a gallon at Springdale ($3.50 if you pump it yourself.) The Cirrus burns even more. (11-12gph)

On 12/4/2015, 2:58:53, quiversR4hunting said:

I agree, I can't see any of the older boys as a big city cop. Since nobody came up with a better idea of why they spent the day in Fort Worth, I figured I would at least share the very creative Fort Worth PD recruiting video and it had to the reason for the trip right. ;):)  

I don't think I can either- but it would be interesting though. However, I enjoyed the Darth Vader video!

Edit: My browser went crazy and showed the last page of the post as the only page. I know OP was being sarcastic- however, it does bring up some interesting thoughts, at least to me!

14 hours ago, halcionne said:

http://i.imgur.com/22gDrmD.png

Cessna. De Queen, AR to Big Sandy, TX. 140 miles; 50-ish minutes by air, 2.5 hours by car.

To review Friday and Saturday's Cessna activity: Springdale -> Big Sandy -> Fort Worth -> Big Sandy -> De Queen -> Hilltop Lakes -> Palestine -> De Queen -> Big Sandy. Hmmm.

wow- that is a lot of flights. I would say defiantly the taxi for Big Sandy.

Like @Chicken bones I wonder who lives in Hilltop Lakes! Maybe it's Gothard's winter place? (Since many in the great lakes region winter in either FL, TX or AZ)  Anyone joining the speculation train? :D

2 hours ago, djmd said:

Well, the 172 burns between 8 and 10 gallons per hour, and 100LL fuel is $5 a gallon at Springdale ($3.50 if you pump it yourself.) The Cirrus burns even more. (11-12gph)

But think of the time they save.  *eyeroll*

I'm sure the Duggars are charging enough to pay for fuel and the pilots time. 

His license doesn't allow that, but I don't know if he would let that stop him.

I feel like the De Queen trips are unrelated to events in Big Sandy. If they went to pick up and drop off Chad Fucking Gallagher someone in De Queen, the business between the pick up and drop off would be relevant to the person coming from De Queen, no? Hilltop Lakes/Palestine is about 200 miles from Big Sandy. Unless there was some convoluted plan where an ALERT cadet hitched a ride home to De Queen and his dad said "hey let's go look at a house for sale in Hilltop Lakes" or something. idk idk, that's pretty presumptuous.

Our anon contributor suggested that these flights may have been ATC keeping the little Cessna out of DFW airspace, to leave room for the big airlines.

58 minutes ago, halcionne said:

His license doesn't allow that, but I don't know if he would let that stop him.

<snip>

I'm sure if they thought they could get away with it, they'd say they were transporting "friends" who just so happened to give them money as a "thank you" rather than a customer paying for services rendered.

31 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

I'm sure if they thought they could get away with it, they'd say they were transporting "friends" who just so happened to give them money as a "thank you" rather than a customer paying for services rendered.

Yep. Just gifting them "a bit of gas money" for giving them a lift.

2 hours ago, Jeebusismycopilot said:

2 hours ago, Jeebusismycopilot said:

:agree:

18 hours ago, Piano gal said:

Good God at the gas money they must be spending. 

It's OK. Jesus will reimburse them.

OK, I'm late to this party and not that up on things. So what I'm getting is that "Duggar Aviation" is an actual company (so JD (right J?) is an employee? Or probably an officer of the corporation so he doesn't have to get paid?

And then it makes sense they are the shuttle service for ATI. And probably don't have to declare income but can even take deductions because they are donating their services to a religious organization.

Well, at least knowing how to fly a plane is an actual marketable skill, so if the family pilot ever wants to bail for real, he has something that could allow him to make a living in the outside world.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived