IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 2

happy atheist

Hmmmm... I saw in another thread (the general Duggar snark thread I think?) that a friend of a friend of a FJ poster snapped a pic with JimBob as he was flying commericial - on Delta.   Weird.  Where could Master DimBulb be flying this close to Xmas?  And flying COMMERICAL?    Hmmmm.     

Carry on; my post isn't really related to their private planes and such.  

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmmm... I saw in another thread (the general Duggar snark thread I think?) that a friend of a friend of a FJ poster snapped a pic with JimBob as he was flying commericial - on Delta.   Weird.  Where could Master DimBulb be flying this close to Xmas?  And flying COMMERICAL?    Hmmmm.     

he gets them free checked bags on Delta

HTH does he get free checked bags on Delta?? We fly Delta quite often & it costs us $20.00. Not only that, they search our bags & mark them "heavy. Hell, we know they're heavy; that's why we check them! I always take a plastic bag of mixed fresh herbs & I wonder if the sniff dogs pick that up. I've always had a fear they would call us in front of the whole airport, dangling my herbs by 2 fingers going, "And what's THIS?!" It's all very fragrant.

This trip of JB's is highly suspicious.

On 12/19/2015 at 9:26 AM, notfundy said:

I haven't seen that thread yet, but that lineS up with the SOS El Salvador trip the Duggars make every year. http://web.archive.org/web/20151202203123/http://www.soshope.org/serve-overseas/

The Cessna made several trips yesterday and today. It'll take me a bit to get everything capped and uploaded.

t0Emo41.png

Cessna. Unknown location (displayed as R LBY 109 6) to Key Field in Meridian, MS. 45 minutes. I googled those coordinates and I suspect they're near Hattiesburg, but if anyone can actually decipher them, I'd be obliged.

czz4OVM.png

Cessna. Meridian, MS to Hattiesburg. 100 miles; 45 minute flight, 90 minute drive. 

7WPvrhO.png

Cessna. Unknown location (displayed as R MCB 228 14) to Baton Rouge, LA. 27 minute flight.

The plane is en route back to Hattiesburg now.

The flights to and from Meridian were yesterday, just to be clear.

Possibly related to all of this activity in Hattiesburg this month, Logan Smith and Austin Forsyth were confirmed in Hattiesburg in recent days, as well. Neither of those fellows live in Hattiesburg, to my knowledge.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_aXaFIRcPe/?taken-by=loganflying4jesus

https://www.instagram.com/p/_aYnFmxcBo/?taken-by=loganflying4jesus

6 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

And now Baton Rouge to Hattiesburg...

I cross posted with you. ;) Logan's IG says he's working toward his commercial license. I wonder if JD and Austin are doing the same, and if so, why in Hattiesburg? Logan lives in Montana.

I found an article discussing a new flight school in Hattiesburg: http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/story/news/local/hattiesburg/2015/06/22/cessna-pilot-center-opens-chain-airport/29130881/ There's a quote from Nathan Bates! Is this flight school by fundies, for fundies???

The article above says the flight school is run by Majestic Aviation, owned by Glen Pace and David Dearman. Those names are surprisingly common, and I tend to jump to conclusions upon googling people, but there is a Pastor Glen Pace in Hattiesburg. Cornerstone Baptist Church. Hmm.

3 minutes ago, halcionne said:

The article above says the flight school is run by Majestic Aviation, owned by Glen Pace and David Dearman. Those names are surprisingly common, and I tend to jump to conclusions upon googling people, but there is a Pastor Glen Pace in Hattiesburg. Cornerstone Baptist Church. Hmm.

Hmmm indeed. :think:

K9V6HBR.png

Cessna. Baton Rouge to Hattiesburg. 150 miles; 1 hour flight, 3 hour drive. The plane was in Baton Rouge for about four hours.

46 minutes ago, halcionne said:

The article a also mentions

. . . students who are enrolled online with Liberty University or Kansas State University can get college credit upon completion of each FAA rating obtained.

“This course is designed for a zero-time person who knows nothing about aviation,” Canon said. “They can come in and learn all about the science and mechanics of flying.”

Student Nathan Bates, who is working on his private and instrument rating, is already on his way to completing the course.

“I’ve absolutely loved it,” he said. “As far as the instruction, it’s very personable and down to earth

I suppose there are Bates who are not Fundies, and Crown college isn't mentioned, but . . .

Lots of flights in and out of places, I keep getting email pings. With the holidays I will be out and off line mostly. Have family to make happy :my_dodgy:  I might be bias, but Duggar Aviation is my favorite thread. Hopefully the planes go home for the holidays- and hopefully you all have a great holiday season!

13 hours ago, halcionne said:

Logan's IG says he's working toward his commercial license. I wonder if JD and Austin are doing the same,

I hope JD is getting his commercial license and then maybe he can fly away from TTH

12 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I suppose there are Bates who are not Fundies, and Crown college isn't mentioned, but . . .

But I would assume Liberty would be an "approved" college because Kirk Cameron.

I wish I had more time to dig into this Majestic Aviation company, but I'm short on time.  It appears this only opened in mid June of this year.  They are already quoting statistics, which makes me uncomfortable.  here's an article to read regarding their information. If I had the time, I would be doing a background search on these owners. :)  What's with the music playing when you go their website, here.  I don't like it when that happens. :P  I'm also unsure of their use of the word, "professional pilot".  Is that a US term for a Commercial pilot?  Or, is that some kind of different rating?  

Love this thread.....one of my favourite!

Here's the name of the fellow who purchased the planes,  David Dearma, among his many businesses, he has used cars for sale.....if only I had the time....I wonder if he has a direct connection to the Duggars!

36 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I wish I had more time to dig into this Majestic Aviation company, but I'm short on time.  It appears this only opened in mid June of this year.  They are already quoting statistics, which makes me uncomfortable.  here's an article to read regarding their information. If I had the time, I would be doing a background search on these owners. :)  What's with the music playing when you go their website, here.  I don't like it when that happens. :P  I'm also unsure of their use of the word, "professional pilot".  Is that a US term for a Commercial pilot?  Or, is that some kind of different rating?  

Wow that's one heck of a website! I am pretty sure a middle schooler probably put that together.

I'm not seeing any reference to "Professional Pilot" on the website, but FWIW that's definitely not a US rating.

35 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Here's the name of the fellow who purchased the planes,  David Dearma, among his many businesses, he has used cars for sale.....if only I had the time....I wonder if he has a direct connection to the Duggars!

I was surprised and pleased to discover that Shazam recognized the song. It's "Fly Away," by Life Is Hard (Available on iTunes!) This is Jesus music, right?

I snooped Pace and Dearman a bit, but I'm going to try again now that I have Pace's middle initial. I will look up the other instructors, as well.

And tail numbers for several planes, nice! I agree with @djmd Majestic's website is laughably unsophisticated, but there's a lot of useful information there. 

Wow the website! My brother teaches business classes at a HS. His students have done far better than that website. It looks like a Word website template.

And the music- no way to turn it off (that I could see). WOw.

Intelius has a Glen Michael Pace in Hattiesburg and Columbia, MS who is a religious leader at a Cornerstone Baptist Church. I found the church on google maps. It looks like a pretty standard Baptist church, but why don't they have a website. Does that mean they're IFB? I expect Baptist churches who belong to larger orgs would have an online presence, but maybe I'm wrong. Hmm. "Cornerstone" seems to be a fairly common name among Baptist churches; is it a refinement of the denom, like Missionary, Free Will, or Foursquare; or just a popular name for symbolic reasons, like calvary or fellowship?

I also found a public record with some pilot info and another tail number on Pace.

Speaking of tail numbers, there were three planes mentioned at Majestic's site. I found registration information and flight histories, such as they are, at Flight Aware.

N359SP belongs to a Richard Korman of Keller, TX. No flight history in the last four months. I'm not sure if this means the plane doesn't use flight following, or that it's gone private.

N5109A is registered to Majestic Aviation Services LLC out of Bogalusa, LA. This plane made several flights between Hattiesburg and Columbus, MS (Golden Triangle Airport) in September. At first I thought the flights were to Pace's hometown of Columbia, but Columbus is a distinct location in another part of the state. 

N73732 changed hands this month, from a Henry Ewing in Ellisville, MS to the Newton Flying Club in Forest, MS. No flight history in the last four months. Majestic's plane registration page is on the wayback machine, unchanged since February 2015, so perhaps this plane is no longer part of the fleet.

N79318 is the plane I found on a public records site and mentioned upthread, and is registered to Glen M Pace of Columbia, MS. No flight history in the last four months.

Here is just a thought. Pine Grove Recovery is located in Hattiesburg, MS.  I live a little north of there. Pine Grove is where Tiger Woods went for his sex addiction. Perhaps they moved "Joshua" there. It's a nice place and really helps people with addiction and mental illness. It is secular though, not a religious type of place.  David Dearman is well known in Hattiesburg. Never heard of Glen Pace however. It would not surprise me if Cornerstone Baptist is a fundie church.  South MS is DEEP in the Bible Belt.  However, it is quite disconcerting to think the Duggars might be this close to my neck of the woods.

Majestic Aviation Instructors.

We already covered Glen Pace.

Rodney Brown is a common name and I lost interest in searching for him with so little to go on, but I did find this linked in page. No idea if he's the same guy, but this one is a flight instructor with a master's from Liberty. Hmm. Public record info here. I don't care enough to look up his planes.

Chuck Gaouette was a rear admiral in the navy who got fired for less than exemplary conduct during a disagreement with a subordinate, and for generally being a racist asshole. I didn't think this could be our guy until I saw this announcement about him receiving an award from a local business. I wonder if he watches his language when he's training these fundie boys. According to the local business award page, he started his own air taxi service in June of this year. I had trouble finding the site, so I'll put it here in case anyone else wants to check it out. http://southernstar.blazonco.com/ They might want to work on their search engine optimization practices.

Hank Ewing, I assume, is the same Henry Ewing who sold his plane last month. Public record pilot information here. This name is too common for me to do much searching, even though I got his middle name. I may poke around more on this, maybe not.

1 hour ago, Chelio93 said:

I think this might have been discussed back when it aired but here is Nathan Bates in Hattiesburg with his instructor Mr. Glen

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-flying-the-friendly-skies/

Mr. Glen! Thank you for this - I got a kick out of it.

ZLbLeqg.png

Cessna. Hattiesburg to Pine Bluff, AR. 300 miles; 2.5 hour flight, 5 hour drive. And they're continuing on to Springdale in a bit.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived