IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 2

happy atheist

I think it's a 4 seater, and I would hope any child would be strapped in a car seat, which would be Anna and 2 kids. Of course, it's the Duggars, and safety is not their first priority. :tw_frown:

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always amazes me how quickly this flight info finds its way into the media. 

If it's a conjugal type visit, I hope we don't hear of a new M kid next year. 

I think Josh will leave at a time they're most likely to make money from it. 

I'm having a hard time imagining that the pilot is enjoying this visit much. :nowai:

5 hours ago, Lamoria said:

Ok FJ, I went over there this morning (I felt realllllly guilty last night but I was soooo tired! ) The headship and I (bless his soul) drove around the airport for an hour. I'm pretty sure I saw the plane still, it was parked in a little nook, but I couldn't get close enough to compare tail numbers. I couldn't stay long as I now have to make my way into the city, but if I had to bet, I would bet it was it.

:my_heart:

52 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think it's a 4 seater, and I would hope any child would be strapped in a car seat, which would be Anna and 2 kids. Of course, it's the Duggars, and safety is not their first priority. :tw_frown:

I would hope so, but as you mentioned, these are Duggars.  

Back in 1961, my brother, another child and I were "cross strapped" in a 2 person airplane seat by the flight attendant in a small commercial plane (almost certainly Avianca) so as to make room for an additional adult passenger.  It was not uncomfortable but probably not as safe as each of us having an individual seatbelt. (My brother and I were 5 and 6. The other child was 4.  And this was before safety car seats or even seatbelts were required in cars.).

I could see the Duggars cross-strapping.  

Otherwise on a 4-seater, they would probably take the 2 older kids only. If they took the kids.

17 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Ricky Traeger from Rockford Scanner tried to get a selfie with Josh last night.

His story is gold, lmao

Oh how I LOVE this thread!  ++++++ for halcionne and crew for keeping us up to date! :)

aaaaand the plane is headed back home! They leave in 9 minutes -- hope RockfordScanner got his photo of whoever boarded...

People magazine has picked up the story (including a screen shot of the flight information, minus the tail #).

*waving* Hi People writers!

Interesting....   I echo all the posters above (and I've said this before myself)  THIS THREAD IS SO MUCH FUN!   

Those rascally Duggars!  So Joshie is definitely in Rockford, which I'll admit surprises me personally because I still cannot believe there has not been a public sighting for all these many long months.     

12 minutes ago, Mary C Doates said:

People magazine has picked up the story (including a screen shot of the flight information, minus the tail #).

*waving* Hi People writers!

Hi people writers

Love your magazine

nst who is trying to upgrade her seat :)

The plane was for sure still there, as it looks like they took off from RFD around 6 pm and landed almost two hours ago. So, at the most they stayed over night. I have no idea if RU has family dorms, or if they stayed with friends. Rockford does have pretty limited hotels, and even less ones that are nice, so not sure there. I would say if you all can find out where they stay I would go scope it out, but that may be too stalkyish even for me :D

Edit: Sorry, the part about leaving Rockford was already said, my apologies, my computer doesn't like updating threads!

Also: Rockford Scanner, fantastic! You can tell, I live in a classy town!

When I was 9 (42 years ago...) my family went from WA to Anaheim, CA, to go to Disneyland with another family.

Other family's father was a commercial pilot who owned a 7-seat twin engine plane, so he offered to fly down.

So, 4 adults and 4 children aged 5, 6, 8, and 9. I don't remember my brother and his friend using anything but a seatbelt in their shared seat.

I do remember how loud it was! And that we stopped at an airfield to refuel and have lunch. The restaurant had a small train and one of the menu choices for kids was 3 small burgers, what we would call sliders now. Between us kids, we ended up eating about 18 mini-burgers because the buns were so good.

I remember Disneyland, too ;-)

I wonder if there are any FAA rules about the number of people vs number of seats in a private plane?

@Lamoria  Please don't feel you should apologize for spending time with your loved ones instead of sitting around an airport watching a plane.  You had better things to do with your time.

kpCHM2d.png

Cirrus. Rockford, IL to Springdale, AR. 625-ish miles; 3 hour flight, 9 or 10 hour drive.

Why was the flight up two hours and the flight back three? Maybe weather conditions. There is a lot of information in the graphic that I don't know how to interpret. A quick comparison with the earlier flight shows a planned altitude of 11,000 feet, whereas this flight had a planned altitude of 6,000 feet. No idea if that's relevant. There are graphs to examine at Flight Aware if you're so inclined; I'm not.

The plane was in Rockford for 24 hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and was back in Springdale at 9PM the 25th. John-David had to work on Jesus's birthday, tsk tsk.

Welcome, @RockfordScanner! Thank you helpmeets, for registering him during your holiday break!

15 hours ago, violynnkelly said:

@Lamoria  Please don't feel you should apologize for spending time with your loved ones instead of sitting around an airport watching a plane.  You had better things to do with your time.

No worries, I know, but the chase would have been so much fun!

And all right @RockfordScanner ! Maybe you all need another Duggar Watcher!  Though you two did a fantastic job! I'm around, but I don't have too much time to listen to the scanner for all the other things happening here. I'm an avid follower though!

I missed the plane headed out :(   

As for the time frame for the flights @halcionne There was very strong winds coming from the south the night they came in.  I was actually surprised they landed with the wind, considering most pilots land against it. Probably because its a small plane and a long runway. He did do a wonderful job landing it.  But I think that would explain the time difference :)  

Much appreciated for the warm welcome here.  I been looking at this site.  I enjoy it alot.  

Thank you for everyone who follows my site, much appreciated!  

If you guys here of any Duggar movement in the area here.  Contact me via email on my website. I am more than happy to check things out.  I have stuff published on Entertainment Tonight, In Touch, etc...  with the Duggars.   

Always happy to help out in any way I can.  

Is plane fuel more expensive than car fuel? Or is more needed making it more cost? Unless time is money to Duggars I am unsure why so much flying?

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Is plane fuel more expensive than car fuel? Or is more needed making it more cost? Unless time is money to Duggars I am unsure why so much flying?

Yes, very expensive. I had friends that used to race 4 wheelers and dirt bikes and they purchased jet fuel. It's grades above premium gas that you can buy for a car. 

At Fayetteville airport the cost right now is $4.36/gallon

Mr. Wolf used to fly a 4 seater Cherokee 180. About 8 gallons an hour and about 120 miles. This was a long time ago, about 40 year, so things could be bery different now.

Still, if the Duggars are flying a lot, then they're certainly not hurting for money.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived