IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 2

happy atheist

Exactly. Thanks!

Hidden Content

OK.  I just don't know if the text message will work from where I live (in the other hemisphere).  

Exactly. Thanks!

Hidden Content

I think I have to have the name of your service provider, like @txt.att.net

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do we send you a text message?

I just set up a burner number. 

Hidden Content

Call me paranoid, but I suggest you set up a 'code word' and PM it to our Flight Aware people here so when they text you info they include it and you know it's legit and not just some troll (or a Duggar!) trying to send you on a wild good chase.  After they managed to slip out of town during the very small window that BunnyBee had to leave the airport last time, I am 100% convinced the Duggar's read here.  

Call me paranoid, but I suggest you set up a 'code word' and PM it to our Flight Aware people here so when they text you info they include it and you know it's legit and not just some troll (or a Duggar!) trying to send you on a wild good chase.  After they managed to slip out of town during the very small window that BunnyBee had to leave the airport last time, I am 100% convinced the Duggar's read here.  

If someone sends her a message, she can always verify on FlightAware and other sites if the plane is in the air and when it is expected to land.  

After the wonderful, generous BunnyBee's experience I'm convinced that if someone is actually going to an airport to find the plane then they shouldn't mention it here; they shouldn't even allude to it. Just go, take pics/video, make notes, then report back. Telegraphing our moves only helps them and that's the last thing we want to do. Fuck 'em. We'll be sneakier. :kitty-wink:

After the wonderful, generous BunnyBee's experience I'm convinced that if someone is actually going to an airport to find the plane then they shouldn't mention it here; they shouldn't even allude to it. Just go, take pics/video, make notes, then report back. Telegraphing our moves only helps them and that's the last thing we want to do. Fuck 'em. We'll be sneakier. :kitty-wink:

I SEVERELY agree!

I highly suggest we back off. Remember when one of our own got put in jail for showing up at the Duggar's flea market? If they don't read here then someone close to them does. Think about that. Who wants an arrest record on their resume?

I highly suggest we back off. Remember when one of our own got put in jail for showing up at the Duggar's flea market? If they don't read here then someone close to them does. Think about that. Who wants an arrest record on their resume?

Say what?   Why did someone get arrested for going to a flea market?  

Say what?   Why did someone get arrested for going to a flea market?  

This was in response to what RosyDaisy said:
<quote>I highly suggest we back off. Remember when one of our own got put in jail for showing up at the Duggar's flea market? If they don't read here then someone close to them does. Think about that. Who wants an arrest record on their resume?</quote>

An FJ-er posted that she and a friend were going to attend an event the Duggars held to raise money for the hospital that treated Josie when she was first born.  I think she talked about taking her own infant in an attempt to look more fundy-like.  She discussed wearing a long denim skirt and properly modest top.  Maybe she even wore flip-flops in an attempt to fit in.

The real problem was that she was planning on talking to as many adult Duggars as possible, and had a hidden tape recorder disguised as a pen somewhere on her person.  She also intended to take pictures.

After she arrived, she spoke to a couple of the younger Duggars, but didn't tape those conversations and kept the talk to things like "Nice day for a yard sale."  "Are you having a good time?", etc.

I can't remember if she ever spoke to an adult, but she wasn't there for long before security approached her and talked to her.  As soon as they saw her disguised tape recorder they took her and her friend away.  I'm not sure if she was actually arrested, but they were removed from the scene and told not to return.  Even though it was a public event, I think there was a sign at the entrance saying 'No Pictures', and although it's not illegal to tape conversations that happen in public, her "pen" and phone were taken and never returned.

I felt kind of bad for her, because while some people warned her not to do it, others encouraged her plan.  It's possible that no one really thought she'd do it.

Anyway, someone was probably reading here and warned the Duggars.  Many people thought it was a woman who had recently either been banned or had flounced, I think her name had 'Ruby' in it.  I'm sure that people with better memories than I can fill you in.

This was in response to what RosyDaisy said:
<quote>I highly suggest we back off. Remember when one of our own got put in jail for showing up at the Duggar's flea market? If they don't read here then someone close to them does. Think about that. Who wants an arrest record on their resume?</quote>

An FJ-er posted that she and a friend were going to attend an event the Duggars held to raise money for the hospital that treated Josie when she was first born.  I think she talked about taking her own infant in an attempt to look more fundy-like.  She discussed wearing a long denim skirt and properly modest top.  Maybe she even wore flip-flops in an attempt to fit in.

The real problem was that she was planning on talking to as many adult Duggars as possible, and had a hidden tape recorder disguised as a pen somewhere on her person.  She also intended to take pictures.

After she arrived, she spoke to a couple of the younger Duggars, but didn't tape those conversations and kept the talk to things like "Nice day for a yard sale."  "Are you having a good time?", etc.

I can't remember if she ever spoke to an adult, but she wasn't there for long before security approached her and talked to her.  As soon as they saw her disguised tape recorder they took her and her friend away.  I'm not sure if she was actually arrested, but they were removed from the scene and told not to return.  Even though it was a public event, I think there was a sign at the entrance saying 'No Pictures', and although it's not illegal to tape conversations that happen in public, her "pen" and phone were taken and never returned.

I felt kind of bad for her, because while some people warned her not to do it, others encouraged her plan.  It's possible that no one really thought she'd do it.

Anyway, someone was probably reading here and warned the Duggars.  Many people thought it was a woman who had recently either been banned or had flounced, I think her name had 'Ruby' in it.  I'm sure that people with better memories than I can fill you in.

So, it was about taking pictures because TLC was there.  I remember that wedding guests had to sign a paper agreeing that TLC was photographing them for TV and guests weren't allowed to photograph anything.  So, it must have been because TLC was filming the flea market thing, which they did because it was on one of the shows.

Most phones can record conversations, so everyone essentially has "recording equipment."  But, regarding taking pictures of a plane:  In the U.S., you can photograph anywhere at a public airport.  There are no rules against that.  You cannot photograph people and use the pictures commercially without written permission (model release) if the person is identifiable in the photo. Commercial use covers things like using the photo for advertising to sell a product.  That's what you can't do.  But you could sell the photo to a newspaper to use for "editorial purposes"; that is what stock photo companies like Getty Images and Shutterstock do.  And, the rules are very liberal when photographing public figures, which is what reality TV personalities are.  Just don't use a picture you take of Josh Duggar to sell a product.  (Though, I would love to see him on an ad for condoms.)      

I have friends who hang out at their local small airport. They eat in the coffee shop and watch the planes. Harder in a commercial airport, but I'm sure Duggars stay away from the bigger airports, if they're smart. :confused2:

*chanting* 

HIDDEN CONTENT ONLY 

HIDDEN CONTENT ONLY

HIDDEN CONTENT ONLY

:dramallama-nanner:

They can see hidden content.  I say post after the fact.

random but me too! Moved to the southeast from nebraska this past spring. Ha!

I grew up in Iowa and I still remember HyVee.  Do they still have the jingle?! "Hyveeeeee, shop Hyveeeeeee, where there's a helpful smile....in every aisle!"

I have friends who hang out at their local small airport. They eat in the coffee shop and watch the planes. Harder in a commercial airport, but I'm sure Duggars stay away from the bigger airports, if they're smart. :confused2:

I live near Raleigh and I take my daughter to the airport observation deck there quite often. On any given day there are 5-10 folks there with GINORMOUS cameras taking pictures of planes taking off and landing. Either they are huge enthusiasts or they are waiting for a tragedy. I don't know. 

I grew up in Iowa and I still remember HyVee.  Do they still have the jingle?! "Hyveeeeee, shop Hyveeeeeee, where there's a helpful smile....in every aisle!"

yes they do! I call Publix here Hyvee every dang time I tell hubs Im going grocery shopping. 

Well - if their plane landed anywhere close to me, I'd be RIGHT THERE taking pictures.   If any of the remaining kids ever toured the UW-Madison to see if they'd like to go to school here at this bastion of the religious right (HA!) I'd be all up in it.   As others have correctly pointed out, airports are public places, and many folks watch and photograph planes as a hobby.  If anyone is observing on public property they should have no fear of getting arrested (and if I did get arrested,  I would fight it, and I would win!)  

The (adult) Duggars have chosen to live their lives publicly.  They are REALITY TELEVISION PERSONALITIES.  This is (largely) how they make their money.  I am not talking about the minor children; that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish, and I would never, ever photograph or "stalk" a child.  Ever.  

Mr. Not Fundy and I were talking about this the other night, in the context of actors/actresses being pursued by paparazzi, etc.  That is a wee bit different in my view - they are pursuing a craft, an "art" as it were - the art and craft of acting (which I do believe is truly an art). Yes, fame and being recognized is part of their "deal" but I feel more sorry for them; some of them cannot go to the grocery store or walk down a street without being mobbed (looking at you, George Clooney and Brad Pitt).  They don't always appreciate this type of constant attention (at least when they're interviewed, they say they don't).

HOWEVER "reality show stars" are different - their entire LIVES are predictated on being recognized, on being "seen".  Especially being seen doing "ordinary things". They have signed up for this. 

yes they do! I call Publix here Hyvee every dang time I tell hubs Im going grocery shopping. 

This is so strangely comforting!  Hyvee clerk was the "in job" to have as a teenager when I was growing up, so I must have a nostalgia towards their brand!  

This is my childhood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDLxz9mjcYs

So all this craziness going on, and no Cirrus activity for a week? I call bullshit! Especially after filed flight plans to Little Rock that were "canceled."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived