IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, patsymae said:

OK, I'm late to this party and not that up on things. So what I'm getting is that "Duggar Aviation" is an actual company (so JD (right J?) is an employee? Or probably an officer of the corporation so he doesn't have to get paid?

And then it makes sense they are the shuttle service for ATI. And probably don't have to declare income but can even take deductions because they are donating their services to a religious organization.

Well, at least knowing how to fly a plane is an actual marketable skill, so if the family pilot ever wants to bail for real, he has something that could allow him to make a living in the outside world.

Duggar Aviation is an LLC owned by JB&M. Incorporating as an LLC provides tax and liability benefits. Here's the business info if you're interested: http://www.sos.arkansas.gov/corps/search_corps.php?DETAIL=404539&corp_type_id=7&corp_name=&agent_search=&agent_city=&agent_state=&filing_number=&cmd

The only 'employee,' besides JB&M is their accountant, if I'm reading the information above correctly.

The last time I checked, John David had a private pilot's license (as opposed to a commercial pilot's license) and Josiah had a student license. License lookup is here: https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/ Private pilots may not fly for pay--that's what the commercial license is for--but, as other posters have mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if his passengers pitched in for fuel with a wink and a nudge.

I'm pretty sure that someone with much more knowledge than I have explained this a few months back. IIRC, the rules regarding this are very strict. As in, the passenger is not allowed to give the pilot more money than for his share of the gas. So if, for instance, JD would fly Gothard from Big Sandy to DFW, Gothard would only be allowed to give JD enough money to pay for half of the amount of fuel it took to fly from Big Sandy to DFW.

Not saying that JD/the Duggars would shy away from breaking the law - just that JD can't even legally make this shuttling a zero-sum game because he always has to pay for his own share himself.

Someone please chime in if I'm misremembering anything!

Doesn't matter if that's the law, it doesn't apply to them because they're special. If that's the case, they probably have people formally pay their "share" and then the rest goes under the table or left in a passenger seat in a envelope or something.

How much work would it take for JD to go from a private license to a commercial license?  Does anyone know?

1 hour ago, bashfulpixie said:

Doesn't matter if that's the law, it doesn't apply to them because they're special. If that's the case, they probably have people formally pay their "share" and then the rest goes under the table or left in a passenger seat in a envelope or something.

How much work would it take for JD to go from a private license to a commercial license?  Does anyone know?

I believe that he would need to get his commercial first, then get his ATP (Air Transport Pilot) cert which carries a 1500 flight hour requirement.

He probably is close to the number of hours for commercial... but ATP? Doubt it.

7 hours ago, JillyO said:

I'm pretty sure that someone with much more knowledge than I have explained this a few months back. IIRC, the rules regarding this are very strict. As in, the passenger is not allowed to give the pilot more money than for his share of the gas. So if, for instance, JD would fly Gothard from Big Sandy to DFW, Gothard would only be allowed to give JD enough money to pay for half of the amount of fuel it took to fly from Big Sandy to DFW.

Not saying that JD/the Duggars would shy away from breaking the law - just that JD can't even legally make this shuttling a zero-sum game because he always has to pay for his own share himself.

Someone please chime in if I'm misremembering anything!

JD is still under JB's headship. So I bet people send "gifts" of money to JB after or before they fly with JD.

Edit to add that I bet JD doesn't see much if any of the money but maybe a promise when he marries JB will buy JD and new wife a house.

Flight plan filed for Hattiesburg Muni in Mississippi. Currently en Route. In the Cessna Skyhawk (N734UE) Also, it departed from Gladewater Muni in Texas

Hattiesburg reminds me--Loganflying4Jesus was in the group of cadets that just finished up at ALERT. Logan hung out with JD and/or Lawson in Hattiesburg a while back, though I think he lives in Montana.

tnC06Xb.png

Cessna. Gladewater, TX to Hattiesburg, MS. 400 miles; 2.5 hour flight, 6 hour drive.

Gladewater is in the vicinity of Big Sandy (where the Cessna was last seen) and Duggar air has flown from one to the other on multiple occasions without it being reported on Flight Aware.

5 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Edit to add that I bet JD doesn't see much if any of the money but maybe a promise when he marries JB will buy JD and new wife a house.

JD actually has a house. He got it the old fashioned way, through work! It was shown on their show a couple years ago.

2 hours ago, Justme said:

JD actually has a house. He got it the old fashioned way, through work! It was shown on their show a couple years ago.

Is that the one by the storage units and the air field?

12 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Is that the one by the storage units and the air field?

Yeah it's on Stoney Brook just a few hundred yards past the Jillard's old place.

2 minutes ago, djmd said:

Yeah it's on Stoney Brook just a few hundred yards past the Jillard's old place.

Since he already has a house then my guess is JB just keeps all the gifts of love from JD's piloting.

I've said this before, I really hope he (JD) is living in that house by himself or with one of the older brothers. Mid-20s and sharing a room lots of boys and bunk beds. ugh!

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 8:43 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Since he already has a house then my guess is JB just keeps all the gifts of love from JD's piloting.

I've said this before, I really hope he (JD) is living in that house by himself or with one of the older brothers. Mid-20s and sharing a room lots of boys and bunk beds. ugh!

I hope that if JD is in the house by himself that he is running nude when the moment strikes. Watching TV non stop on non approved JB channels and doing what ever the hell he pleases.

On 12/8/2015 at 4:54 PM, Justme said:

Is this directly on the Duggar compound? I hope for his sake he gets a little privacy. I would hate for him to be sharing the little boys room at his age. 

I'd pay good money to bet he's living in that house w/a cpl of the older brothers.tv? yes! Videos? Yes! Sports? 24/7.

And I'll bet when JD is off flying, that JB snoops.

18 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

I'd pay good money to bet he's living in that house w/a cpl of the older brothers.tv? yes! Videos? Yes! Sports? 24/7.

And I'll bet when JD is off flying, that JB snoops.

I hope JD remembers to hide the beer bottles before he heads off.

On 12/12/2015 at 5:31 PM, TheSilverTongue said:

Is this directly on the Duggar compound? I hope for his sake he gets a little privacy. I would hate for him to be sharing the little boys room at his age. 

JD's house is up the street from where the Dullard's used to live.. Rogers, AK I think.

Need some airplane action! I'd think they've gotta be flying some one in/out around Xmas (not specifically referring to Josh, it just always seems like they have visitor after visitor at holiday events). 

12 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

Need some airplane action! I'd think they've gotta be flying some one in/out around Xmas (not specifically referring to Josh, it just always seems like they have visitor after visitor at holiday events). 

Agree! I've been checking my email for alerts... something soon hopefully!

Flight today- from Hattiesburg Muni (KHBG) to Hattiesburg-Laurel Rgnl (KPIB) Landed 26 minutes ago of this post.

Edit:

Looks like a 7 minute flight?

I was just trying to make sense of the alerts I got when you posted. Why aren't my emails coming through to my phone today?

I got alerts for both planes, and at first glance I thought they had both been delayed, based on visual cues on the map. There's usually a broken line before takeoff that represents the itinerary, and after the flight there's a solid line representing the actual flight path. Neither plane's actual flight path is shown on today's images. I wonder if JD is flying the Cessna and accidentally used the wrong tail number when he filed the flight plan. I'm trying to work this out while I type and I'm not being very clear. BRB with screengrabs.

9IN5qYo.png

Cirrus. Hattiesburg Municipal, aka Bobby Chain Airport, to Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional. Less than 20 miles; 7 minute flight, 25 minute drive. 

Last we heard, the Cirrus was in Springdale, so either there was an undocumented flight, or this flight plan was made in error. I tend to think it's the latter, because 30 minutes after I got this alert, I got another one with basically all of the same information, except it was for the Cessna. Note that this flight still says it's scheduled, but the one below for the Cirrus no longer says scheduled; it says flight duration was 7 minutes.

8ajiNYF.png

Cessna. Hattiesburg Municipal, aka Bobby Chain Airport, to Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional. Less than 20 miles; 7 minute flight, 25 minute drive. 

So I'm guessing that only the Cessna is in Hattiesburg. Maybe JD is the pilot, and he's used to rattling off the Cirrus's tail number. I don't follow the Duggars' social media besides what gets discussed here on FJ, so idk if John David or Josiah have been seen in Springdale or Hattiesburg recently. I take that back--I follow a handful of ATI fundies on instagram, but I haven't seen much activity from any of these people since I noticed Logan had been at ALERT this last time around.

Can anyone in Hattiesburg explain why they would move a plane from one airport to the other?

16 hours ago, halcionne said:

Can anyone in Hattiesburg explain why they would move a plane from one airport to the other?

I'm not in Hattiesburg, but it may be a maintenance issue.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived