IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

Something to keep in mind (not that it makes any of this less gross) is that having an active account on that site doesn't guarantee that he has had affairs. I was reading through all the people on Reddit flipping out about if their info was about to be spilled to their spouses and numerous ones had signed up during a bad period of their marriage and thought better of it before acting.

For the sake of STDs and extramarital kids... lets hope that is all Josh did. Though, I can't imagine paying every month for that long if you never get what you're paying for.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fully expect that Josh will deny and say this is a setup by the liberal media to continue to persecute him. JB might go along with that just to attempt to save face. I would be absolutely shocked if he admitted it was true, at least publicly.

I agree.

No matter how ridiculous this excuse sounds to us, most fundies/fundie-lites have a distinctive persecution complex where they dismiss inconvenient facts as liberal setups and persecutions.

We know how incredibly delusional Duggar leghumpers and fundies in general are. I can actually see them believing Josh if he comes up with such an explanation.

And I wonder if Boob (or any other fundie patriarchs) have had an account there. :popcorn2:

Someone like PP being busted would make my fundie year. :cracking-up:

Something to keep in mind (not that it makes any of this less gross) is that having an active account on that site doesn't guarantee that he has had affairs. I was reading through all the people on Reddit flipping out about if their info was about to be spilled to their spouses and numerous ones had signed up during a bad period of their marriage and thought better of it before acting.

For the sake of STDs and extramarital kids... lets hope that is all Josh did. Though, I can't imagine paying every month for that long if you never get what you're paying for.

He did have the account for longer than a year and signed up for the money back guarantee if you don't have an affair. So possible, but doubtful

Also, I'm going to have to create a fake OKCupid account now so that I can see what Josh answered to all his match questions.

What a pain in the ass. YOU DID THIS TO ME, JOSH.

Seeing as how Smugger made the second account and paid extra to have a guaranteed affair within 3 months or his money back, I highly doubt he never hooked up with anyone. Why would he have continued the account after those 3 months?

What if he leaves Anna? What if he just says stuff it, and walks away from this whole stupid and pointless façade of a life.

Seriously. What does he have left? The facade of his happy, fairytale of godly joy life is in the toilet. He may as well win the asshole trifecta and bolt. The sad thing is, Anna might be better off if he stays. In their circles, she's probably looked down on as not being godly enough to keep her man in check. If he leaves her, it would completely trash her reputation. Not to mention the four kids and no job qualifications. Doesn't matter which door she picks. Both choices suck.

I was legitimately struggling to keep up with the reading this thread. But I have to put a lot of blame on the fundie sexuality rules, too. Though of course it's his choice to cheat.

TMI alert:

We're not poly or anything, but my wife and I have decided that after the first year of marriage (we had a long engagement and lived together for 5 months before marriage too), we would allow each other to have discreet- well, not calling it "affairs" because we agreed on them- so I guess, hookups? With the caveat that our relationship and emotional attachment is primary. A lot of people will probably hate me for having something like this, but it works, since she is bisexual (and so may want sex with a man at some point), and I have a high sex drive and some, er, kinks, she does not want to do. We have not engaged in this yet, but plan to at some point before children in the next few years.

The difference here is CONSENT and that it goes BOTH ways. In Josh's case, Anna's just left holding the bag. And she likely won't divorce, because like other posters said, where would she go? If they weren't fundie, they could have talked this over. Josh could have gotten the experience and non-conventional sex he wanted, and Anna could have gotten...whatever it is she wants that Josh doesn't give her (I don't think he's that good in bed).

The consent is very key - and what is mutually agreed in your relationship is totally your right. Yay for you and your partner finding something that works for the two of you! I suppose it is possible that Josh and Anna *could* have some arraignment... although unlikely.

The other key point is I'm assuming you don't make your living actively campaigning against non-traditional lifestyles and trying to convert everyone to your way of thinking. Yes, flatout cheating on your partner is tacky, but it's the hypocrisy that is making Josh look so bad.

This facebook page is associated with the email. Sorry if this was already posted I am having trouble keeping up.

facebook.com/joe.smithson.9028

The "money-back" guarantee seems to have disappointed many - supposedly, the only way they refund your money is by sending a check from Ashley Madison to your home address, which is quite likely to get you caught.

Shiiiiit. Damn. I'm shocked and flabbergasted but at the same time not totally surprised? If that makes any sense. Like it's just shocking especially with his running around screaming about family values and purity and not giving pieces of his heart away. But at the same time tons of politicians who run around screaming about family values have affairs.

Poor Anna. And she's stuck with that asshole because she can't divorce him in Gothardism. And if she came to her senses and did, she'd be on her own and have to deal with major struggles.

Like I said above--any church (more or less) would accept her and she has 4 children. Josh will be paying child support, alimony, plus she will get the house and who knows what other assets. His only way out of this is death or never working again. They will garnishee his wages to pay his child support.

It is not like she will be thrown into the street and starve if she leaves. I am pretty sure her parents will take her back as well.

This facebook page is associated with the email. Sorry if this was already posted I am having trouble keeping up.

facebook.com/joe.smithson.9028

There is a chance that guy mistyped his email.

My husband was an early adopter of gmail and has a common ish name. His email which is treedadlastname@gmail.com gets all sorts of sign ups. Especially from a guy living in London. And sometimes Amazon orders, etc.

So it might not be related.

The way I look at it, Anna has no choice but to stay with Josh and forgive him. She has four very young children, no marketable skills, and has never held any sort of employment. I can't imagine she would get much child support from unemployed (and frankly, at this point, unemployable) husband with no education. Poor woman has no choice but to suck it up, I'm afraid. I imagine he'll do some very public groveling and seek redemption in church. Maybe we'll get a book about how he found Jesus again and Anna learned to forgive and forget.

But, with him, she has 4 young kids, no marketable skills, a husband with no marketable skills, a husband who has sex scandals under his belt, and extended family who has no means to help her. Anna is going to have to get herself marketable skill soon, regardless of whether she stays with Josh or not. Her family will struggle regardless. Though, she'll get more help from the government/charities if she divorces Josh. Hell, she could even get special college loans meant for single parents.

The "money-back" guarantee seems to have disappointed many - supposedly, the only way they refund your money is by sending a check from Ashley Madison to your home address, which is quite likely to get you caught.

Genius! :lol:

This could make for the book deal we've been waiting for.She'd make a pretty penny from that.

And the vindictiveness she'd write it from if she did leave him would ensure great painful truths would be revealed.

Finally made it through and have a few thoughts. Remember how Anna acted so grateful about Josh talking out the trash?? And her being so happy she wasn't a single mom? No way is she leaving Josh. She really seems to love him. I think Josh married for sex.

I've seen a couple references here stating that the fundie Got hard ATI lifestyle is to blame for his indiscretions. I don't know if I 100% agree with that. Yes, we know it's damaging but what are the stats of non-fundie or religious men molesting children and having affairs compared to dbags like Josh?

I sincerely hope that Rebekah or Candice (Anna's sister and sister-in-law, respectively) picked up the phone and called her and told her to GTFO. I hope she and her kids are on the way to stay with family right now.

This is just as juicy as the last scandal, but in a less ruining victims' lives way, and I think that the paparazzi will be allllll over NWA over the next few days. Anna, by almost all accounts, is a sweet woman who had very little understanding of what she was getting into when she agreed to marry Josh on her twentieth birthday. She doesn't deserve any of this.

Josh, on the other hand, deserves all of the public shaming in the world.

Seeing as how Smugger made the second account and paid extra to have a guaranteed affair within 3 months or his money back, I highly doubt he never hooked up with anyone. Why would he have continued the account after those 3 months?

And also, even if he didn't cheat with the help of this particular site, the intent was still there. And it was clear, no one pays so much money just to take a quick, curious look and then leave. If he didn't find what he was looking for on Ashley Madison, I'm pretty sure he went philandring elsewhere.

Also, I'm going to have to create a fake OKCupid account now so that I can see what Josh answered to all his match questions.

What a pain in the ass. YOU DID THIS TO ME, JOSH.

I'm doing that, too!

I was curious about some of his answers on OKCupid so I made a fake account real quick to see his question answers and some things

Questions that stood out to me:

1. Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?

He answered Yes

2. Are you happy with your life? He answered yes.

3. Do you think it is possible for someone to be an Atheist and still have a solid moral framework by which to live? He said no :music-tool:

4. The idea of gay and lesbian couples having children is? He answered Unacceptable

5. Have you been faithful in all of your past relationships? He answered no

6. Would you need to sleep with someone before you considered marrying them? He said yes (the irony)

7. In terms of birth order, which are you? He said oldest, which basically confirms it

8. Have you ever tried any sexual roleplaying, such as student/teacher or patient/nurse? he said "no but it sounds interesting" SO THERE ANSWERS THAT QUESTION!

Those were just the good ones. Thank you, internet.

Anna

You need to make one phone call to another network that's also owned by TLC's parent company, Investigation Discovery. They have a show called 'Who the bleep did I marry?'

Your story is prime material for this show.

Man, I go on a Duggar hiatus and ALL the tea gets spilled.

I hope Anna is looking at ALL her options really hard right now and thinking of how to best care for those 4 babies. If she cut her ties now, she could probably get a nice little payday from the book deal and interview circuit and get herself a nice little nest egg to care for her family.

With luck, the other Duggar kids are eyeing their family situation and figuring their exit plans too.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the more negative press they get causes the parents to circle the wagons even tighter. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised, assuming that this is true, to hear Joy and J/D/I are coming home early from their mission trip to "be with the family in this time of need."

I also wonder like someone else posted above if it wasn't done as "cover" or research for his job with FRCA. Not that I'd ever believe that but I'm betting that's the spin.

Poor poor Anna.

Fuck Josh. I hope Anna has someone who's got her back, who she can talk to or even potentially stay with should she choose to leave. I'm hoping she doesn't feel stuck, though I could imagine she does.

I think people are reading too much into Josh's motivations. I don't think this is necessarily related to what he did to his sisters. Men have been cheating on their wives since marriage was invented because they can...it's become less acceptable in Western culture over the last century so they been sneakier about it and women have divorced them over it, but in the end, it's not any deeper than that. He felt entitled to have sex with other women and so he sought that out because he felt confident that he wouldn't get caught. No, not all men cheat, but it doesn't make much sense to look at religion/upbringing/problems in the marriage/etc as reasons for cheating. Patriarchy is a hell of a drug.

I was legitimately struggling to keep up with the reading this thread. But I have to put a lot of blame on the fundie sexuality rules, too. Though of course it's his choice to cheat.

TMI alert:

We're not poly or anything, but my wife and I have decided that after the first year of marriage (we had a long engagement and lived together for 5 months before marriage too), we would allow each other to have discreet- well, not calling it "affairs" because we agreed on them- so I guess, hookups? With the caveat that our relationship and emotional attachment is primary. A lot of people will probably hate me for having something like this, but it works, since she is bisexual (and so may want sex with a man at some point), and I have a high sex drive and some, er, kinks, she does not want to do. We have not engaged in this yet, but plan to at some point before children in the next few years.

The difference here is CONSENT and that it goes BOTH ways. In Josh's case, Anna's just left holding the bag. And she likely won't divorce, because like other posters said, where would she go? If they weren't fundie, they could have talked this over. Josh could have gotten the experience and non-conventional sex he wanted, and Anna could have gotten...whatever it is she wants that Josh doesn't give her (I don't think he's that good in bed).

Kudos to you and your wife! Seriously, I like that you're both open and honest with each other and that if/when any extramarital hook-ups happen, it will go both ways. Nothing I hate more than an "open relationship" where the man is the one getting all the action.

Archived