IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

The Ashley Madison data breach was announced July 20, I think. 19Kids was cancelled on July 16. I'm wondering about connection.

Has anyone seen a date for when the Ashley Madison data hit the ""Dark Web"? If it was before July 16, TLC's dark webbers might have discovered that Josh was part of the data breach, leading to the final nail in the 19Kids coffin.

I don't think the data was made available on the "dark web" until the past day or two, but I could be wrong.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the glee here but, if this true, I don't feel glee at all. I feel very sad. The guy needs help. I would like to blame it on his fucked up parents and their fucked up beliefs, but I'm not sure if I can. He needs help. This just sucks for everyone. Not gleeful.

I just heard about this on twitter and immediately came here. I'll read all 12 pages in a minute but first:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I love this so much. Nothing makes me happier than sex scandals (involving consenting adults!) among the politically religious! The only way it could be better were if he was looking for sex with men. I have zero sympathy for Ana on this. She'll forgive him and keep popping out babies and teach them the same vile beliefs.

I'm still all for whoever hacked AM to diaf, but I'm happy to look on the bright side.

Gawker has picked up on the speculation about the OKCupid account

gawker.com/is-this-josh-duggars-okcupid-profile-1725202825?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

So far, the social medias have been lame-o. Josiah posted about doing a movie with some Bates kids. Ben and Jessa are trumpeting about how tabloids are such big liars in regards to the article about her saying her pregnancy is "bittersweet"....

I cant decide if I want to stay up all night or spend three hours catching up on here tomorrow morning. Better get some iced coffee cold-brewin....

Food for thought:

In the olden days, men who had pregnant wives were "allowed" mistresses or any activity that their wives could not safely or religiously perform. If she's as devout as she claims to be & he's all for some literal translation.... She could totally allow this to happen. Send Anna to red tent & let daddy play in the garden (so to speak).

A slightly less heinous excuse would be that he was going to the site to learn how to engage with his wife in the bedroom. I've known plenty of young inexperienced men who've gone to prostitutes to get an education.

Not saying it's probable... just that it's possible.

I understand the glee here but, if this true, I don't feel glee at all. I feel very sad. The guy needs help. I would like to blame it on his fucked up parents and their fucked up beliefs, but I'm not sure if I can. He needs help. This just sucks for everyone. Not gleeful.

They all need help.

They all need to get out of the cult.

Not a one of them has the skills to live in the real world- or have normal, healthy relationships.

I was already having a really good day but it went from a 9/10 to a 12/10 when I read about the Josh leak.

Eww. Josh leak.

The list of his interests bored me. Bubble bath? Cuddling? I guess his already vanilla sex life needed more... vanilla? Where are the requests for swingers parties? Orgies? A budding interest in being spanked?

DildoJosh paid to find someone to enjoy the kind of gentle, happy sex you can have with a spouse when you respect and care for another. The kind of sweet relationship when you come home after work in a cheerful mood, treating your family members with joy, listening about their day with honest interest, and delightfully taking an active role in getting your children ready for bedtime. The sort of thing that makes your partner want to revel in all the naked hanky panky he listed as preferences.

But, pfft, what do I know?

What if he leaves Anna? What if he just says stuff it, and walks away from this whole stupid and pointless façade of a life.

I think most of us knew that there was more to come.

I was hoping it would be on JB-

I'm sure there is some dirt on JB out there... he's probably smart enough to use a completely fake email and unrelated name and birthday though.

Seriously... Josh didn't even try to obscure his account. One day or month off of your actual birthday isn't very "discreet". If he had called himself Ace Hopkins, nobody would ever know.

I was already having a really good day but it went from a 9/10 to a 12/10 when I read about the Josh leak.

Eww. Josh leak.

The list of his interests bored me. Bubble bath? Cuddling? I guess his already vanilla sex life needed more... vanilla? Where are the requests for swingers parties? Orgies? A budding interest in being spanked?

DildoJosh paid to find someone to enjoy the kind of gentle, happy sex you can have with a spouse when you respect and care for another. The kind of sweet relationship when you come home after work in a cheerful mood, treating your family members with joy, listening about their day with honest interest, and delightfully taking an active role in getting your children ready for bedtime. The sort of thing that makes your partner want to revel in all the naked hanky panky he listed as preferences.

But, pfft, what do I know?

And use some BC so every.single.encounter is not about procreation.

I think most of us knew that there was more to come.

I was hoping it would be on JB-

I was hoping another scandal would involve JB, I want to see that man sweat.

But WOW. Joshie Joshie, no words. I also wonder if he was safe in these encounters...I'm waiting to see what Boobie and Jchelle have to say about this...

He probably woke up this morning and thought, "Yea, Jared Fogle is going to take the heat away from me! Here I come TLC" and WHAM!

Don't just walk away Anna, RUN as fast as you can. Take those kids and get back to your parents/sisters for support. I can't believe they wouldn't take her in now.

We may be finally getting the tell-all that we've been hoping for; from Anna!

Gawker has picked up on the speculation about the OKCupid account

gawker.com/is-this-josh-duggars-okcupid-profile-1725202825?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Damn. Just damn.

and no, Josh, you are not "good at humor"

That said, poor, poor Anna. I hope she doesn't have to forgive him for this too.

Forgive him. For what? She is the one who must have failed in fulfilling her wifely duties. Just ask Gothard.

Oh how I wish I was a fly on the wall in the TTH this week. Not exactly like he can tell his parents that it's none of their business what he does with his life.

What if he leaves Anna? What if he just says stuff it, and walks away from this whole stupid and pointless façade of a life.

I know, I had the same thought. I think he must know he's not cut out for the Q-full life.

On the OKCupid profile what i find hilarious is under the "Personality" poll, he is "more arrogant" than any of the other traits! :clap:

I would really not want to be either Josh or Anna right now.

New mantra when life sucks: at least I'm not Josh or Anna Duggar.

I feel bad for Anna and the kids. If she was more mainstream, I'm sure she would be heading to the doctor for STD testing and counseling for herself. But being part of Gothard, she will be blamed for his indiscretions, gets no STD testing and no help for herself. He will "confess" his sins (with his fingers crossed behind his back) and find Jesus again and all will be right in their world. She will be forced to "keep sweet" while wondering when this will happen again.

I was legitimately struggling to keep up with the reading this thread. But I have to put a lot of blame on the fundie sexuality rules, too. Though of course it's his choice to cheat.

TMI alert:

We're not poly or anything, but my wife and I have decided that after the first year of marriage (we had a long engagement and lived together for 5 months before marriage too), we would allow each other to have discreet- well, not calling it "affairs" because we agreed on them- so I guess, hookups? With the caveat that our relationship and emotional attachment is primary. A lot of people will probably hate me for having something like this, but it works, since she is bisexual (and so may want sex with a man at some point), and I have a high sex drive and some, er, kinks, she does not want to do. We have not engaged in this yet, but plan to at some point before children in the next few years.

The difference here is CONSENT and that it goes BOTH ways. In Josh's case, Anna's just left holding the bag. And she likely won't divorce, because like other posters said, where would she go? If they weren't fundie, they could have talked this over. Josh could have gotten the experience and non-conventional sex he wanted, and Anna could have gotten...whatever it is she wants that Josh doesn't give her (I don't think he's that good in bed).

Ugh, poor Anna.

But... does this change everything? Does Anna have an ATI-approved way to divorce now if she wants to?

Maybe someone here like formergothardite who was involved in the cult at one point could let us know how divorces are viewed in ATI when a husband has an affair.

Shit. I know how Anna feels right now, and it's the crappiest feeling in the world.

Anna could hypothetically leave, divorce Josh and start attending another church. No one would blame her and she could get a new husband. ATI is not itself "the Church" -it is a group that people in a lot of different churches subscribe to. ATI is a business that offers services to Christians.

Plus, in my opinion, if the Duggars start to resist a divorce and somehow start shaming Anna---they are not going to have a good time. It will also be the nails in the ATI coffin, as well.

I hope that she leaves and gets a new chance at a happy life. She is certainly young enough.

I feel bad for Anna and the kids. If she was more mainstream, I'm sure she would be heading to the doctor for STD testing and counseling for herself. But being part of Gothard, she will be blamed for his indiscretions, gets no STD testing and no help for herself. He will "confess" his sins (with his fingers crossed behind his back) and find Jesus again and all will be right in their world. She will be forced to "keep sweet" while wondering when this will happen again.

Would they have checked for some of that during a OB checkup? I can only hope she saw a Dr atleast once before birth...

Archived