IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

Wow. So it looks almost certain that this is legitimately him. I have to say, while I'm not surprised that he'd sink low enough to do something like this, I am surprised that he'd do something so utterly stupid. I'm not sure why I'm even surprised about that, though.

I know people here must be searching for other fundies' names, right?

It will be very interesting to see how the Duggars (and particularly Josh and Anna) react to this - but something tells me it will just be more bullshit about forgiveness and Jesus and blah blah blah. Ugh. I swear Josh Duggar could be a serial killer and his effed up family would rally behind him and blame the liberals.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hard to screencap everything but I'll make a list

thanks so much for doing that! this tea is fire but i'm sipping all of it!

If she could have a ATI approved divorce, under their belief system would he have to get the kids? They need his umbrella right? Or would it be like the FLDS where the kids would become the property of her next husband?

I imagine a judge would have something else to say about this, but in theory . . .

Everything is "in theory". When they lay down these "rules" they are talking about ideals. Ideally they want no divorce etc. Ideally they want a man that is capable of taking his headship seriously and being a true man of God.

But then there are assholes like Josh and it is better that they get rid of him and get Anna a true headship. Josh isn't "capable".

Even the fundie Mormons get rid of the bad seed husbands.

A lot of people inside fundie churches are on their 2nd or 3rd marriage.

It looks like the Daily Mail picked this up as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -more.html

Only two leghumper-ish comments on there so far:

Nobody is perfect. I'm sure NONE of have anything you wouldn't want your friends and family to know ! So quick to wag your finger.

Is the media going to publicize anyone else who is famous and was exposed on this website? Or is it reserving its "news" for just conservative and/or religious people? Selective outrage. Josh Duggar can't be the only person exposed with a recognizable name.

Josh has no desire to leave Anna--cheaters rarely do. He just wants his good little fundie wife at home while he fucks other women. He will be genuinely devastated if Anna leaves him.

I'm getting such a kick imaging all the bricks Josh has shit since the news of the AM hack came out, fearing this moment. :lol:

I don't know. I'm beginning to think he'll be the one to write the tell-all.

He'll totally change course and say how awful his childhood was, how he doesn't really believe all the crap he's spewn, and that he didn't have a choice because his parents did not prepare him for the real world.

He'll throw his parents under the bus (not that they don't deserve it) telling his story far and wide.

I wouldn't read it. That's way too much "pity me, I am an adult who can't be held responsible for my adult actions!"

It's one thing if he came out and said that he didn't understand and know what he was doing wrong when it came to his sisters because of how is parents handled it (I still wouldn't really believe that entirely, but he would have a case) and something completely different if he came out and said "oh my parents are such awful people! They made me get married and stay married! I moved across the country by myself and I still couldn't figure out how to get a divorce!"

I still don't know if I'm 100% convinced that the OkCupid profile is him, but he answered the question "Say you've started seeing someone you really like. As far as you're concerned, how long will it take before you have sex?" with "1-2 dates"...

Hidden for reference to one of OkCupid's questions about consent/lack of:

and the creepiest question on there: "Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?" His answer... yes. Ew.

All I'll say is whoever made that profile answered all the questions exactly like Josh Duggar would. Your wife being obligated to have sex with you is like Fundamentalism 101, so of course he would say that (while conveniently ignoring all the terrifying injunctions against, you know, adultery...)

I had to come out of lurking for this! WOW, he just keeps digging his grave. Anybody know if any other fundies are on this list?? Wouldn't surprise me one bit!

Josh's Q&A:

• Which word describes you better: carefree or intense? "carefree"
  • How do you feel about government-subsidized food programs (free lunch, food stamps, etc.)? "Never. Get a job."
  • If you're wrong, do you have a hard time apologizing? "Yes"
  • Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you? "Yes"
  • Imagine that you have to move somewhere far away. You'll need to pack all of your stuff and take it with you. All your things could fit nicely inside... "The black sea"
  • Does it bother you when people are late? "No, never"
  • Do you think it is possible for someone to be an Atheist and still have a solid moral framework by which to live? "No"
  • Are you happy with your life? "Yes"
  • Could you date someone who does drugs? "No"
  • Could you date someone who was really quiet? "Yes"
  • Which would you rather be: normal or weird? "Weird"
  • Could you date someone who was really messy? "No"
  • Which of the following would you rather discuss with someone you just met? Musical preferences, political beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or sports. "Political beliefs"
  • Would you be willing to date someone who plays video games almost every day, for at least 2 hours? "Yes, but I don't like video games"
  • Do you enjoy outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or fishing? "No"
  • Which of these options most closely describes what you're looking for in your next relationship: Someone to come home to, someone to go out with, someone for tonight? "Someone for tonight"
  • Do you use "Jesus Christ" or "God damn it" when you curse? "I do not curse at all"
  • Are you the type of person to tell a homeless person to get a job? "Yes"
  • After dating someone for a while, you finally get to see where they live. He/she leaves you alone to go take a quick shower. Would you snoop? "Yes"
  • The idea of gay and lesbian couples having children is: "Not Acceptable"

I did 2 of the 18 pages. It's 173 questions total. I can post more if people are interested.

If someone did, I bet it's just a matter of time before her story hits the news!

Not necessarily, the person's husband might not know she was being unfaithful, yet, even with the leaked info.

Not surprised by the news Josh is slimy.

Just something quick to add. To everyone asking how Anna could not have known....even assuming there could have been real mail or something coming to their house.....do you honestly think Anna would have any idea what "Ashley Madison" is? Or that she was allowed to open his mail and deal with his finances? I'm sure she had no clue. In that kind of environment, it's easy to be oblivious.

Come on Josh, how stupid can you be? I give it a week until someone talks about her relationship with him to the media. Josh is one sad dude for cheating on his wife and actually paying to do so.

If cheating is one of the biggest no-nos in fundie-land I can see Jim Bob using this as his excuse to start excluding Josh from the family and trying to woo TLC back do do the show sans Josh (not that TLC will take them back but you never know).

8. Have you ever tried any sexual roleplaying, such as student/teacher or patient/nurse? he said "no but it sounds interesting" SO THERE ANSWERS THAT QUESTION!

:brain-bleach:

I was curious about some of his answers on OKCupid so I made a fake account real quick to see his question answers and some things

Questions that stood out to me:

1. Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?

He answered Yes

2. Are you happy with your life? He answered yes.

3. Do you think it is possible for someone to be an Atheist and still have a solid moral framework by which to live? He said no :music-tool:

4. The idea of gay and lesbian couples having children is? He answered Unacceptable

5. Have you been faithful in all of your past relationships? He answered no

6. Would you need to sleep with someone before you considered marrying them? He said yes (the irony)

7. In terms of birth order, which are you? He said oldest, which basically confirms it

8. Have you ever tried any sexual roleplaying, such as student/teacher or patient/nurse? he said "no but it sounds interesting" SO THERE ANSWERS THAT QUESTION!

Those were just the good ones. Thank you, internet.

1. Atheists have no moral framework...uh huh..

2. Roll playing student and teacher sounds interesting? From a graduate of the SOTDRT?? Would that be Jessa or Michelle?

I don't know. I'm beginning to think he'll be the one to write the tell-all.

He'll totally change course and say how awful his childhood was, how he doesn't really believe all the crap he's spewn, and that he didn't have a choice because his parents did not prepare him for the real world.

He'll throw his parents under the bus (not that they don't deserve it) telling his story far and wide.

This is actually his best chance for an exit plan where he comes out as a sympathetic figure.

1. Atheists have no moral framework...uh huh..

2. Roll playing student and teacher sounds interesting? From a graduate of the SOTDRT?? Would that be Jessa or Michelle?

:ew: :ew: :brain-bleach: :brain-bleach:

Well this is very interesting. I have read many of the posts and have been entertained!! But my first thought was my Daddy was right. Never trust a used car salesman!

I was curious about some of his answers on OKCupid so I made a fake account real quick to see his question answers and some things

Questions that stood out to me:

1. Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?

He answered Yes

2. Are you happy with your life? He answered yes.

3. Do you think it is possible for someone to be an Atheist and still have a solid moral framework by which to live? He said no :music-tool:

4. The idea of gay and lesbian couples having children is? He answered Unacceptable

5. Have you been faithful in all of your past relationships? He answered no

6. Would you need to sleep with someone before you considered marrying them? He said yes (the irony)

7. In terms of birth order, which are you? He said oldest, which basically confirms it

Those were just the good ones. Thank you, internet.

My favorites that you didn't list:

1. If you're wrong, do you have a hard time apologizing? - Yes

2. Do you enjoy outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or fishing? - No (This surprised me)

3. Which of these options most closely describes what you're looking for in your next relationship? - Someone for tonight

4. After dating someone for a while, you finally get to see where they live. He/she leaves you alone to go take a quick shower. Would you snoop? - Yes

5. What is the most exciting thing about getting to know someone new? - Discovering her body (The only other option was Discovering your shared interests)

6. Would you consider sleeping with someone on the first date? - Yes

7. Would you need to sleep with someone before you considered marrying them? - Yes

8. Is jealousy healthy in a relationship? - Yes

9. Is it a requirement that you communicate every day with your significant other (via phone, text, in person, whatever)? - Yes, no matter what

10. Regardless of future plans, what's more interesting to you right now? - Sex (Only other option was Love)

11. Would you consider having an open relationship (i.e., one where you can see other people)? - Yes

12. Imagine that your partner does not enjoy performing oral sex and refuses to ever perform it on you. How disappointed would you be? - Somewhat disappointed (But what about the babies, Joshie?)

13. How do you feel about women openly displaying tattoos? - I like it (Surprising)

14 - Should evolution and creationism be taught side-by-side in school? - Yes, students should hear both sides (This was the only answer that made me think it might not be Josh)

15 - Do you want your partner to be kinkier than you? - Yes

16. Is it okay to live with someone you're dating, even before you're engaged or married? - Yes

I know this might not be Josh. However, based off some of his answers (especially ones listed by the OP), I think it is.

poor Anna, Her choices are limited by her financial status. Unless, she was paid separately for her appearances on the show. If so, maybe she has a nest egg she could access.

On the other hand, Anna grew up in very modest circumstances. It would appear as if the Kellers were not rolling in the dough, so Anna probably has the ability to scale down, and live on very little. I imagine her mom and Dad would help her out as much as they possibly can, and perhaps she could share a home with her single mom sister, and share the burden of child rearing and making ends meet.

Josh? gosh, even at the height of the molestation scandal, I had some empathy for him. Not for his actions of course, but because I just see him so much as a product of his environment and parenting. I still think his childhood and brainwashing and shame inducing upbringing play a huge role in this, but the difference is that as a full adult, he willfully made the decision to join that website.

Reading his lists of wants and desires in an affair partner makes me think of a wounded child. He was seeking someone to hug and cuddle him, to be gentle with him. In a partner he was wanting someone who was independent, strong, modern. While Anna may have been taught to submit to him, it sounds like a submissive but naive sexual partner is not what turns him on.

I am not happy for this new scandal, but I do hope that this will convince the majority of the leg humpers that the QF lifestyle is harmful and not sustainable. That the children of this lifestyle will be damaged, and they will grow to be damaged adults

You know what that list really reads as: someone looking for love.

If the accounts are his, it's not hard to imagine Josh struggling to find love. Josh got married to a girl he met, what, 3 times when he was VERY YOUNG. They had children in very quick succession, and I've never gotten the feeling either of them really loved each other (I imagined that they were more platonic than lovers, even if they did have kids). The way they look at each other and kiss each other and talk about each other, it's always been strained. I think a lot of that is why Jessa's courtship was so long and Jill talked to Derick for so long before they started courting.

I've often heard of arranged marriages failing for similar reasons, and it's not really much of a shock. It's hard to emotionally and sexually commit to someone you are not emotionally attached to or sexually attracted to.

First of all, the schadenfreude I feel is tempered by the sadness of knowing that one day his kids will find out what a hypocritical asshole their dad is, and feeling bad for Anna, who I think really did love him, in a puppy-love sort of way.

But now we know that not only is Josh a pervert who feels zero remorse for molesting his own sisters, and a cheating man-whore who tries to prevent loving couples from marrying by day while breaking his own marriage vows by night, but a complete idiot. And sounds like a positively awful date (and a horrible, horrible part of me kinda wants to create an OKCupid account just to interact with him and see what would happen). Divorce his cheating, low-life ass, Anna!

Archived