IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

FYI legit news has picked this up since it popped up on my facebook feed from the KC Star.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apologies if this has already come up, mods -- didn't see in general Ashley Madison thread.

gawker.com/family-values-activist-josh-duggar-had-a-paid-ashley-ma-1725132091

Such schadenfreude.

What a complete, utter ass.

I feel so bad for Anna. What can she even do? If I correctly assess the ATI mentality than this will be viewed in their circle as her fault right? She isn't correctly performing her wifely duties so he was forced to go outside the marriage. As a right thinking person, of course, I know that line of thinking is bull and that Josh is a form of life lower than a slime mold. However she's going to be surrounded by people who blame her for the problem while trying to deal with the fact that her husband betrayed her and their family. It's going to be hell for her.

Something to keep in mind (not that it makes any of this less gross) is that having an active account on that site doesn't guarantee that he has had affairs. I was reading through all the people on Reddit flipping out about if their info was about to be spilled to their spouses and numerous ones had signed up during a bad period of their marriage and thought better of it before acting.

For the sake of STDs and extramarital kids... lets hope that is all Josh did. Though, I can't imagine paying every month for that long if you never get what you're paying for.

You are right that just because he was on the site, doesn't mean he had an affair. However, the fact that he started a new account when he moved and paid extra to guarantee an affair seems to indicate a strong desire to have one. Whether or not he had any takers is an entirely different story.

If it is proved that the OkCupid account is also his, it makes me wonder if he just joined a bunch of sites, in hopes of at least one hit.

As Sassy said on the previous page, none of these kids have been prepared for life as an adult. Josh was filled with mis-information about sexuality, masturbation and purity. He was pushed into marriage at a young age, as a very misguided attempt to "legalize" his sexual urges.

He married a young, very naive woman, whose daddy traded her in for some connection to fundie royalty. Anna is obsessed by babeez babeez babeez.

Josh had some exposure to the outside world with is DC job, and probably wanted to get a sample of other things.

I can't completely blame Josh for being disillusioned with his life, saddled with a growing brood of kids, a baby obsessed wife and a culture that would forbid him from using BC with Anna, dooming him to sire more and more kids.

He may have thought an affair with a more sophisticated woman who willingly uses BC would allow him to get his sexual needs met without producing kids. As dumb as poor ol' Joshie has proven to be, I imagine he was at least smart enough to use BC of some sort.

I was curious about some of his answers on OKCupid so I made a fake account real quick to see his question answers and some things

Questions that stood out to me:

1. Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?

He answered Yes

2. Are you happy with your life? He answered yes.

3. Do you think it is possible for someone to be an Atheist and still have a solid moral framework by which to live? He said no :music-tool:

4. The idea of gay and lesbian couples having children is? He answered Unacceptable

5. Have you been faithful in all of your past relationships? He answered no

6. Would you need to sleep with someone before you considered marrying them? He said yes (the irony)

7. In terms of birth order, which are you? He said oldest, which basically confirms it

8. Have you ever tried any sexual roleplaying, such as student/teacher or patient/nurse? he said "no but it sounds interesting" SO THERE ANSWERS THAT QUESTION!

Those were just the good ones. Thank you, internet.

Gurl you better copy and paste the whole list!!!

Seeing as how Smugger made the second account and paid extra to have a guaranteed affair within 3 months or his money back, I highly doubt he never hooked up with anyone. Why would he have continued the account after those 3 months?

Maybe he had a one night stand and wanted more hanky panky time with others? Who knows.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the more negative press they get causes the parents to circle the wagons even tighter. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised, assuming that this is true, to hear Joy and J/D/I are coming home early from their mission trip to "be with the family in this time of need."

The thing is that the air for Josh gets thinner and thinner. Some newspapers already speculated how Jessa was pissed that she doesn't get the attention she thinks she deserves because of Joshgate, imagine now how they feel if Josh destroys any chance of good press and image recovery for them with this new scandal.

I can see the family getting really mad at Josh for this one, especially since this time, J'Chelle and Boob really can't be blamed, this is all adult Joshs doing.

At the very least, she could pour it on his clothes and set fire to them.

Any bets as to whether or not Josh had any takers? Who the hell would want him, besides Anna?

Please, I'm sure he's had a lot of takers. If my ex boyfriend could snag me and girls significantly prettier than me despite being an absolute abusive fucker who looks like a troll, Josh can get some too.

If I had an AshleyMadison profile and was a minor celebrity like Josh, the FIRST thing I would have done when I heard about the hack was delete ALL OTHER PROFILES I had out there just in case.

Guess Michelle never taught "Managing Your Online Presence 101" at the SODRT.

I came out of lukerdom because OMG. OMG. I didn't think it would get any worse for the Duggars. Holy shitballs was I wrong?!

Gotta love karma!

I also got a fake OKCupid account to see his answers.

If anything is extremely telling that it's him:

"Does it bother you when people are late?" His answer: "No, never."

Even Joe Smithson follows the rules of "Duggar Time"

If this is genuine, I think he's going to crack and run. Not sure about poor Anna and the kids. What's holding him to Gothardism/ATI now? He's never really been part of it anyway, looks like.

Honestly there is no way JimBob will let him run. Josh is a loose cannon and if Daddy isn't supporting him the he could easily be tempted by the evil, liberal media to share the Duggar true stories.

Michelle will have no visible lips, JimBobs nostrils will be flared so far they may never go back but no way in hell will Josh be allowed out of the house. Honestly, I even have concerns for his safety.

Finally made it through and have a few thoughts. Remember how Anna acted so grateful about Josh talking out the trash?? And her being so happy she wasn't a single mom? No way is she leaving Josh. She really seems to love him. I think Josh married for sex.

I've seen a couple references here stating that the fundie Got hard ATI lifestyle is to blame for his indiscretions. I don't know if I 100% agree with that. Yes, we know it's damaging but what are the stats of non-fundie or religious men molesting children and having affairs compared to dbags like Josh?

Josh may leave her.

He was pressured into marriage because of what he did to the girls. She was available and her family was willing to overlook what he did to the girls.

He's bored with her. Considering he's not looking for anything remotely kinky, it's a fair guess Anna's just not that into sex. It's just for procreation, after all.

He's beyond fully disgraced now. May as well find a rooming house in Little Rock and look for a job washing dishes. He can screw around with the waitresses and Jim Bob will pay to support the wife and kids back home. It's the least he can do now.

Do we think his partner will come forward? Yes, she was outed too, but given that you were caught giving interviews might not be the end of the world.

I have a hunch that the 250 guarantee fee is to pay for a prostitute. No prostitute worth her salt would come forward---especially if she is working for Ashley Madison.

I know this is a weird thought, but I can't help but wonder if he used protection? I mean, they're so against birth control after all. I just for some reason find myself wondering as I read this thread - would he have used condoms? Depended on the girl to be using birth control? Such a strange train of thought, I know.

This facebook page is associated with the email. Sorry if this was already posted I am having trouble keeping up.

facebook.com/joe.smithson.9028

The picture is of Jonathan Blankfein, and I'm pretty sure that's not Jonathan's real page. That has got to be Josh.

With just Anna, we know Josh won't stand up and answer questions.

Not that I want him to. It was bad enough to hear his victims defend him, but also forgivable (at least as far as I'm concerned; as someone who was codependent, its impossible for me to judge anyone for their codependency). Anything he'd say would just make me so angry I wouldn't even be able to process it.

Does anyone else remember last season when The Duggars babysat Josh and Anna's kids? That was a big Tall Tell sign that their was trouble in the Josh and Anna Duggar marriage! The tension between the two was so obvious. Josh and Anna went to California for time away and were shown at a amusement park. Anna couldn't ride some because she was pregnant. When they were driving up the driveway and they had all of those flamingos that they had painted, Anna referred to her in-laws as Jim and Michelle and what were they up too. They were then given a marriage counseling gift certificate from The Duggars. I think Anna knew something then and was pregnant with her 4th. I am I remembering wrong? I brought this up a couple of months ago a some people poo poo it.

I can't even imagine what it's like to be Anna right now and trying not to absolutely lose her shit anywhere near earshot of the kids.

He is the master of self sabotage. A guy with his past and his family's image rolling these kinda dice? He is one self destructive bastard - to bad he didn't care about the damage to his wife and kids.

I go back and forth n Anna. One the one hand she's a product of her upbringing, on the the other once she became the mother she incurred the obligation to make choices in the best interest of her children and that's where she's at today. She needs to evaluate her marriage and do what's best for her kids. Fuck the asshole she's married to, fuck the rule book got hard implanted in her head, fuck her parent's and the duggars and she needs to step up for her babies and give them peace.

4 kids and no marketable skills sucks, but they have assets she's entitled to and JB isn't going to let the M's be on the cover of people because they are in poverty. Reflects on him. He can write the child support checks while she lives near support and gets some kind of training and dumbass can write a tell all and she can sue him for her half.

She'd get a ton for writing one herself, but I know I would have been sick if one of my parents trashed the other publicly - he can do a tell all without bashing her, she can't. For the m's sake he should write it.

I hope someone relatively removed (but trusted) swooped in to take the kids somewhere fun while mommy and daddy have a lively discussion.

The thing is that the air for Josh gets thinner and thinner. Some newspapers already speculated how Jessa was pissed that she doesn't get the attention she thinks she deserves because of Joshgate, imagine now how they feel if Josh destroys any chance of good press and image recovery for them with this new scandal.

I can see the family getting really mad at Josh for this one, especially since this time, J'Chelle and Boob really can't be blamed, this is all adult Joshs doing.

Or can they? If they forced him into the marriage to deal with his sexual problems, and if he's not in love with Anna ('though I do think he cares a lot for her), then maybe him registering with what he considered to be a discrete service isn't the worst thing in the world. I don't know. Playing devil's advocate and attempting to pin this fiasco on his lousy parents.

It's hard to screencap everything but I'll make a list

You are a saint! :worship:

Archived