IGNORED

Josh Duggar had paid Ashley Madison account(s) per Gawker

withaj

Apologies if this has already come up, mods -- didn't see in general Ashley Madison thread.

gawker.com/family-values-activist-josh-duggar-had-a-paid-ashley-ma-1725132091

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think anyone releasing private info is disgusting and illegal, but OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG hahahahahahaha FOREVER. Poor freaking Anna and those children.

For those not following the general Ashley Madison story: a hacker collective decided to "out" the bazillion users of site Ashley Madison, which is basically a dating website for extramarital affairs. According to Gawker, Josh was among this number, with not one but two paid accounts -- one linked to his Fayetteville address and one linked to Oxon Hill. Data looks pretty solid to me...

FJ's discussion of the Ashley Madison hack pre-Josh revelations is here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=26789

I think anyone releasing private info is disgusting and illegal, but OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG hahahahahahaha FOREVER. Poor freaking Anna and those children.
]

This is basically what went through my head, too. Hilarious...but poor Anna. She's got a newborn, dealing with the fallout from Joshgate, and now this...

Papa Keller sure can pick 'em.

In case you're wondering what Josh is into...

“Conventional Sex,†Experimenting with Sex Toys,†One-Night Stands,†“Open to Experimentation,†“Gentleness,†“Good With Your Hands,†Sensual Massage,†“Extended Foreplay/Teasing,†“Bubble Bath for 2,†“Likes to Give Oral Sex,†“Likes to Receive Oral Sex,†“Someone I Can Teach,†“Someone Who Can Teach Me,†“Kissing,†“Cuddling & Hugging,†“Sharing Fantasies,†“Sex Talk.â€

A Professional/Well Groomed,†“Stylish/Classy,†“Casual Jeans/T-shirt Type,†“Muscular/Fit Body,†â€Petite Figure,†“Tall Height,†“Short Height,†“Long Hair,â€â€Short Hair,†“Girl Next Door,†“Naughty Girl,†“Sense of Humor,†“Imagination,†“Creative and Adventurous,†“Relaxed and Easy Going,†“Aggressive/Take Charge Nature,†“Confidence,†“Discretion/Secrecy,†“A Good Listener,†“Good Personal Hygiene,†“Average Sex Drive,†“High Sex Drive,†“Dislikes Routine,†“Has a Secret Love Nest,†“Disease Free,†“Drug Free,†and “Natural Breasts.â€

Short hair?! That's of the debil!

Omg! My interest in the Ashley Madison scandal just went from 0 to 100. I work in social media marketing, so I've been ignoring it in the trending topics lately, but I'm totally going for it now, work computer be damned!

Oh, totally agreed. But isn't this just the icing on the cake for Josh? Good grief. I have to say, nothing would really surprise me anymore regarding Josh, but I didn't expect this.

Wonder if we're going to get any ladies coming out of the woodwork... you'd think they would have already after the molestation scandal broke in May.

:O I am honestly really surprised. Omg!!

Is it possible that someone used his name though? Not that I have high thoughts about him, but he is a "celebrity" kind of and that kind of thing is possible.

He had TWO accounts.

"JOSH_THE_MAN" and "READY4THISDC"

Also, per the article:

"The second account, which was registered in July of 2014, was paid on a monthly basis until May of 2015."

Poor Anna. Seriously, what did she do to deserve this? She just happened to be born into the wrong cult.

as it was pointed out on the other thread, how do we know this was created by Josh for sure? It could have been anyone, and just done it in his name.

Is it possible that someone used his name though? Not that I have high thoughts about him, but he is a "celebrity" kind of and that kind of thing is possible.

It's possible, but it totally reads as Josh to me -- just take a look at the alias gmail address he used, the sexual preferences he lists -- also, who would go to the trouble to have not one, but TWO paid accounts, somewhere in the vicinity of $750 total, for a prank that would only be outed in a data dump from an online vigilante hacktivist collective?

as it was pointed out on the other thread, how do we know this was created by Josh for sure? It could have been anyone, and just done it in his name.

The article says: " Someone using a credit card belonging to a Joshua J. Duggar, with a billing address that matches the home in Fayetteville, Arkansas owned by his grandmother Mary—a home that was consistently shown on their now-cancelled TV show, and in which Anna Duggar gave birth to her first child—paid a total of $986.76 for two different monthly Ashley Madison subscriptions from February of 2013 until May of 2015."

So, it's pretty damning.

It's ok. All he has to do is ask for forgiveness, and it's all good.

Seriously, though - I worry about all of the explosions from the heads of the leg humpers. How are they going to justify this? Lucy... You got some 'splainin to do!

Hoooly shit. If this is true, and it looks like it is, the scandal just got more interesting. His family can't excuse this as just youthful misbehavior. I am so curious about what is going on at the Duggar house right now.

That said, poor, poor Anna. I hope she doesn't have to forgive him for this too.

The Gawker article says that the credit card that was used to register the account has an address that matches Grandma Mary's, and that's per FJ. The only other one who could have registered the account in 2013 is Jim Bob, and I doubt Derick or Ben would have registered/used anything in 2014/2015 after marrying Jill and Jessa. All signs point to Josh.

The article says: " Someone using a credit card belonging to a Joshua J. Duggar, with a billing address that matches the home in Fayetteville, Arkansas owned by his grandmother Mary—a home that was consistently shown on their now-cancelled TV show, and in which Anna Duggar gave birth to her first child—paid a total of $986.76 for two different monthly Ashley Madison subscriptions from February of 2013 until May of 2015."

So, it's pretty damning.

Yup -- like I said, I can't imagine these accounts being created as a prank with an unknown outcome with that high a financial outlay. Sure, the address information has been available for years for anyone willing to poke around for it, but this is far beyond a frame job -- there's data going back to 2013, transaction info, and yes, I'd say it looks damning.

Would he really be so stupid as to use his real name? I'm not convinced (yet).

I don't know anything about Ashley Madison Subscriptions, but is there any way to tell if Josh ever hooked up with anyone by his page? (Or however the site worked?)

The amount paid is just for him to advertise on the site?

Archived