IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

Jessa's slip is hanging 6 inches below her dress.

Oh wait! That's a modesty panel they added on, right ?

Yes! I'm glad someone else noticed that. It looks horrid.

The KC love here is terrific!

I've lived in Kansas City for 20 years and can't imagine living anywhere else (unless someone wants to give me a well-insulated house in Duluth, MN with an unobstructed view of the lake). We have four distinct seasons, wild storms, Joe's KC for the best BBQ in the world (formerly called Oklahoma Joe's) (Bryant's was recently shut down by the health dept. but has since reopened), fantastic beer (Boulevard), the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, The Kemper Museum, the Crossroads district (which has art, coffee, bars, and all kinds of stuff), a reasonable cost of living, and the Royals (fuck the Chiefs), and Sporting KC. KC is great for living with distinct neighborhoods and a decent bus system (and soon-to-be light rail), and a great place for visiting. I really like it here.

I bet Amy and hubs will do a brewery tour at Boulevard, will walk around the Country Club Plaza, and go drinking in Westport and the Power and Light District. They won't know about Happy Gillis, You Say Tomato, Chubby's, and the City Market so I should be safe.

FJ should absolutely have a convention in KC. I used to do event planning for a living, so...?

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave Anna a pass on the apparel critique, because God knows, that poor woman has enough to deal with, though she, too, was underdressed. Props to her for showing up! I guess since her daughter was one of the flower girls/bell ringers she felt compelled to be there, but you could tell by her face, she would have rather been anywhere else. I just wish Anna would break free, take her kids and get the hell away from Arkansas, the Duggars and the rest of the crazies. Run Anna, run! Your children's well-being depends on it!

Poor Anna. She looks miserable. I am upset that the press traveled down there just to snap pictures of Anna. I think it's really rude for them to that to her when she's suffering so much. Besides that, Jessa's dress is very pretty. Jill is wearing that mustard yellow cardigan again. I also noticed that in one of the pictures, it looks as if Jessa was crying. The reason Anna might be looking upset in the pictures is because she looked directly at the camera and knew she was being photographed. I would also have been very upset in this situation. She is going through a tragedy and that must have been humiliating to know that people were taking pictures of her to post it to make a huge news story about it. I know that Amy gave Anna a gift card to get a manicure but why did she feel the need to give Michelle a gift too? Anna is the one that is suffering. Why did she give Michelle a gift too? I don't understand that...

I almost never post but had to come out of the woodwork as a Kansas City native. Another huge huge fan of my hometown - we LOVE it here. If I had to guess I'd imagine they're going to try to take in a Royals game as they are HUGE right now. There's a game tonight and we watch them all -- so we'll look for them in the crowd. There's a set of "special" and expensive seats called the crown seats where the celebs (or psuedo-celebs) usually sit and they're on camera a lot as they are right behind home plate.

Seven Severn -- love the list you provided -- Happy Gillis, etc. are so great. Succotash is a top 5 place for me in KC. And we finally got to Port Fonda this weekend -- so great. But you're right -- they'll go to Jack's Stack on the Plaza and some of the more touristy-predictable places for sure.

I've seen so many fundie weddings now you would think I would be used to the under dressing by the grooms but it still irks me to see the brides in formal gowns and the grooms in casual suits or even without jackets rather than formal black tie. King Dill is particularly scruffy looking.

I wonder why Amy felt the need to change her dress before the reception?* Maybe she was afraid of dancing in her bridal gown? And what is really strange to me is that she wore her hair down for the formal occasion but put it up for the reception. Must be the crowd she runs with. As to why she gifted Anna and Michelle I can only imagine it was as a thank you for bringing the flower bell-ringing girls. Tacky to bring it up with the reporters, though. I really wonder if the little girls hadn't already been told they were going to be in her wedding if any of the Duggar clan would have come. Aside from Mary, of course, she looked very nice. She at least dressed appropriately.

*The most elaborate ceremony I ever attended was in Tokyo. The bride and groom changed their clothes 3 times: two traditional Japanese ceremonial outfits during the wedding and then formal European-style wedding outfits for the 12 course banquet.

Poor Anna. She looks miserable. I am upset that the press traveled down there just to snap pictures of Anna. I think it's really rude for them to that to her when she's suffering so much. Besides that, Jessa's dress is very pretty. Jill is wearing that mustard yellow cardigan again. I also noticed that in one of the pictures, it looks as if Jessa was crying. The reason Anna might be looking upset in the pictures is because she looked directly at the camera and knew she was being photographed. I would also have been very upset in this situation. She is going through a tragedy and that must have been humiliating to know that people were taking pictures of her to post it to make a huge news story about it. I know that Amy gave Anna a gift card to get a manicure but why did she feel the need to give Michelle a gift too? Anna is the one that is suffering. Why did she give Michelle a gift too? I don't understand that...

I think the person a couple pages back (can't recall who) had the most logical explanation for the gifts. Of course none of us know if they are right but I hope so! They pointed out that often the bride and groom give gifts to their parents and the bridal party, so perhaps MEchelle and Anna were given gifts for the little girls' participation as bell ringers.

Edited spelling error

>snip< Succotash is a top 5 place for me in KC. And we finally got to Port Fonda this weekend -- so great. But you're right -- they'll go to Jack's Stack on the Plaza and some of the more touristy-predictable places for sure.

I'm resistant to Succotash because when they were in the City Market the service was horrific: People would go in and sit down and the staff wouldn't acknowledge them -- no water, menus, nothing -- for a half hour plus. Is the service still really bad? You Say Tomato is a few blocks south on Holmes and has fantastic food and the service is a non-issue.

I would love to try Port Fonda, but we have Panchos and Cancun Fresh (did you know they moved?) really close to home (we're in Old Hyde Park) and PF seems a little pricey in comparison. A fiesta burrito at Panchos is $5! I can get two meals out of it.

What's your opinion of John McDonald buying up the entire East Bottoms? I have very mixed feelings about it.

Usually Binny Boy is attached to Jessa's hip - was he there?

Oh yeahhh. Wearin' a purple shirt and little bow tie, sorta to match Jessa's lighter purple and white polka dotted dress.

websta.me/p/1068987662926676372_1711610319

Well, YMMV, but I was in Branson for vacation earlier this spring (please don't judge me, it was a lakeside vacation in a huge condo & great facilities at a steal the week before Memorial Day), and I found this brochure:

b8bf83889cff514e84eafcea1ef4a1a2.jpg

59f6ab4ac9f1e9db9dd52a94f1d5da34.jpg

I don't know if it will be clear enough to make out (using phone camera here), but the last paragraph before the calendar reads "On select dates enjoy Amy Duggar from TLC's hit show '19 Kids and Counting!'"

N.B. That those "select dates" are not actually listed on the calendar. I don't know if you're just supposed to roll the dice if you want to see her, or check her social media, or call the venue, or what, but I found that suspiciously vague. I was ever so briefly tempted, but with a wiggly toddler in tow, I wasn't about to roll the dice myself.

LMAO. I was just joking because I know Branson was mentioned in one of the lawsuit articles. Hilarious that it's true. Maybe.

I've seen so many fundie weddings now you would think I would be used to the under dressing by the grooms but it still irks me to see the brides in formal gowns and the grooms in casual suits or even without jackets rather than formal black tie. King Dill is particularly scruffy looking.

I wonder why Amy felt the need to change her dress before the reception?* Maybe she was afraid of dancing in her bridal gown? And what is really strange to me is that she wore her hair down for the formal occasion but put it up for the reception. Must be the crowd she runs with. As to why she gifted Anna and Michelle I can only imagine it was as a thank you for bringing the flower bell-ringing girls. Tacky to bring it up with the reporters, though. I really wonder if the little girls hadn't already been told they were going to be in her wedding if any of the Duggar clan would have come. Aside from Mary, of course, she looked very nice. She at least dressed appropriately.

*The most elaborate ceremony I ever attended was in Tokyo. The bride and groom changed their clothes 3 times: two traditional Japanese ceremonial outfits during the wedding and then formal European-style wedding outfits for the 12 course banquet.

It seems to be a trend these days to have at least 2 dresses, one for the ceremony and another for the reception. Some bridezillas even go as far as to wear 3 dresses with 2 being reception dresses. My guess is that Famy was afraid of having a wardrobe malfunction at the reception when dancing, so she had the second dress for that reason.

I personally feel that it's wrong that Amy and Dillon keeps dishing out the details of the smuggar affair scandal to the press. This is a sensitive issue and they should be more respectful. That's just my opinion. They are obviously very money & fame hungry. It's very tacky.

I also feel for Anna. The poor girl just had one of the worst things she can imagine happen to her and the press is there to get a shot of her. I doubt they give a hoot about Amy.

Also, I am a native Vermonter and pretty liberal. I just moved away from Kansas and and adore KC. I cried when we got orders to move to Kansas (we were in Manhattan) and bawled when we left.

Oh yeahhh. Wearin' a purple shirt and little bow tie, sorta to match Jessa's lighter purple and white polka dotted dress.

Thanks! Whoa does Jinger have the bitch-face or what??

Amy is a beautiful girl and usually pretty photogenic. I expected a lot more from her. None of these photos are doing her any favors. These dresses are wearing her, poor girl.

I think she looks great in the dresses!

Not related to your post but why do some people on FJ always have to hate on diamond rings? Yeah i wear a big diamond ring and have a eternity ring as my wedding ring. Yes it cost a lot of money. So what? My husband earns enough money that we didn't have to scrimp for it, it makes me very very happy and I don't wear any other jewellery (well a mummy teething necklace for my baby if that counts?!)

And people who say we should have donated the money to charity...yeah why don't we just live in a tiny apartment and wear hand me downs & donate all our money to charity? Because we are normal people and like nice things.

Couldn't help but notice this going on in the background. :)

Sorry if the formatting is weird I'm on my mobile.

post-12770-14452000809956_thumb.jpg

They all know that press/cameras are gawkiing at them. John David is wearing sunglasses.

I still wonder how many prayer circles a day they are having at TTH.

Jessa does look a bit upset and like she is hurrying away. What do I know. The disgraced Duggars.

I'm actually wearing mine right now! :lol:

But yes. In the U.S. The norm is to wear the wedding band close to your hand and the engagement ring under it.

I was always told wedding band on first, closest to your heart, then engagement ring on top of it. lol Do people elsewhere have diamond engagement rings they don't wear!?

I'm not married... but the thing that weirds me out about the engagement/wedding ring tradition is... isn't it uncomfortable wearing rings every single day? Do you sweat underneath your rings? Do they get caught on things? Don't you worry about losing them and then losing not only the sentimental value but a bunch of monetary value too? I would be so scared. As feminine as I am, I really don't like wearing jewelry because I find it uncomfortable and I'm always afraid of it falling off.

The sweat thing doesn't happen to me, tho I am sweaty enough it never affects my rings. The only bad thing I've had happen is my diamond has scratched the shit out of my kids while changing diapers! it never gets caught on anything else and I don't worry about losing it because I'm always wearing it. I don't take it off until bedtime and I put it on after my morning shower everyday. My rings are really the only jewelry I wear, tho I have some cheapo Claire's type necklaces and earrings.

Pickles' facebook page has a picture of Derick side hugging a bridesmaid. At least I think it's a bridesmaid. I can't quite tell.

Jill looks under dressed.

not only undressed - but pregnant imo

and she always looks so MISERABLE

I find Amy's wedding dress hideous, in my opinion it is not elegant and I think it does not do her justice, plus I'll admit I find it inappropriate for a religious bride...the reception dress suits her better in the top (the neckline) although it does not help her lower figure...But she does look happy in each and every picture and that's beautiful :)

The dresses were not well suited for her. The wedding dress in particular was not flattering at all. It's as though she was so desperate to show her bosom before three o'clock (like a rebel southern belle), she went way too small. Doesn't work. And flesh colored band's not working for me either.

I think a bride should wear what she wants at her wedding, but personally, if I invited my extended fundie familiy which was chock full of semi-sheltered teen boys, I'd have gone a bit more conservative.

I hope she stays happy. But all indications are she's married an idiot.

With Amy and Pickle spouting their mouths off to the tabloids about Josh, it must have been especially difficult for Anna to be there. Not that they aren't right about him, but I'm sure it all adds to Anna's pain.

I think I prefer Michelle wearing white to a wedding rather than that flowered monstrosity she wore to Michael's wedding (that she had worn two days before to hang around NYC). It's not like anyone's going to compare her to the bride. I honestly think the white and her fashion choices in general is a reflection of her completely cluelessness rather than any lack of consideration or anything.

Don't care for either of Amy's dresses. Her gown looked ok, if a bit ill-fitting, but I'm not a fan of sweetheart necklines and the strapless ball gown trend for wedding needs to diaf. Her reception dress did not fit well at all, though it's one of those dresses I would have fallen in love with if I had seen it on the rack.

I personally feel that it's wrong that Amy and Dillon keeps dishing out the details of the smuggar affair scandal to the press. This is a sensitive issue and they should be more respectful. That's just my opinion. They are obviously very money & fame hungry. It's very tacky.

Yeah like- they are spending their first married day together talking to tabloids and other news outlets? I thought maybe they would be enjoying their honeymoon but Famy is Famy, I guess

Archived