IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

Jessa always looks serious and somewhat pissed off. She has Resting Bitch Face. :) One thing I really like about Jessa, despite that fact that I disagree with her on almost everything, is that she apparently gives zero fucks about doing the 'keep sweet' thing.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amy's reception dress looks like the dress my friend's mom wore as mother-of-the-bride to her wedding. I think it ages Amy a bit. But I know nothing about fashion so yeah...ha.

Yes, Anna looks miserable. But that may be because she's not smiling and she is squinting. Other than that, I think she looks nice.

Michelle......I can't tell if that's white or off-white. Either way...ugh.

I am a total outlier but I think the reception dress is absolutely awful. The neckline, the cut...I think she's a very pretty woman with a nice figure so I'm not body snarling, I'm dress snacking. It just looks like it was deliberately made with the intent to be as unflattering as possible.

No, I agree. I don't mind the neckline too much, but it's terribly ill-fitting. :( (Not that it matters what I think of the outfit. I hope she felt beautiful!)

Here's one of her bridesmaids. I think I really like the dress.

dMKcMeH.png

Honeymoon begins with a few days in Kansas City? What's the appeal of KC? What's the big draw?

All I can think is that their flight to Cancun leaves from KC.

(My apologies to KC faithful. I was raised in St. Louis and Arkansas, so I'm familiar with the middle-heart of the country. Given all the places one could go from northwest Arkansas, I was surprised by KC!)

They're going to Cancun for their honeymoon? Beautiful beaches but there's algae all over the place, or at least there was when I was there a month ago. Totally sucks.

Seems pretty like a "meh" wedding to me. Nothing out of the ordinary. So we know the Duggar 19+ showed up, without major incident. Maybe some pictures will surface so we can discuss the J'Slaves and lost girl's attire. (I'm sure it was all bow ties and hats for the tweens and what remain of the howlers). After that this will be just a blip on the Duggar radar that is slowly dying. Famy will be milking it for months I'm sure.

Still, I'd give you odds that people still had more fun at Amy's wedding than Jessa's. They had somewhere to sit, a proper meal (or at least meal of cool snacks) was served, the weather wasn't freezing outside, and there was a bar for those who wanted drinks. I'd take all that any day over Jessa and Ben's lack of food, seating, heaters for the freezing November outdoor reception, and overall consideration for the guests.

And I'd typically rather walk on my lips than risk offending someone close to me by leaving their momentous occasion early, but if I had the (bad) luck of being invited to Jessa's wedding and reception, I would have spent the entire time trying to come up with plausible excuses to sneak out during the ice cream.

Wait, the normal in the us is to wearing the engagement ring with the wedding banda? To wearing a fucking Diamond ring that costs a fucking portion of your liver everyday?

I recently moved to the US and still can't believe all the diamond rings around me. Where I come from we don't do engagement rings, it is not a thing.

My wedding ring is a plain rose gold band that I cherish more than anything in the world (because it was my grandma's, it is not worth a lot of money).That is pretty much the tradition here, plain bands, whatever color gold you like, and they always match (which I haven't seen a lot in the US).

I guess every country has its own traditions!

I think Anna had a pissed off look because her picture is being taken. On the show, it appeared that she and Amy were close so I think she wanted to be there.

As for the gifts, usually the bride and groom give gifts to the bridal party and the parents. Maybe Amy also gave gifts to the parents of her bell ringers as a thank you for the little girls being in the wedding.

Wow. Wearing white to a wedding that is not your own is bad, bad, bad. I find it hard to believe she didn't know this wedding etiquette rule. She's giving such a snooty look to the camera.

Michelle obviously doesn't know or care about good PR at this point.

Jessa looks too casual for a wedding. She also appears to have been crying...why before the wedding?

Amy's dress was ill-fitting not much more to say except it's funny that she was spilling out and Jim Bob was probably instructing the family to put their heads down the entire time.

I like the color and top part of her reception dress. But the satin needed something more around the waste..satin is not a forgiving material. Her portrait outside wasn't very good because she is looking at the sun which made her squint.

Further lurid revelations!?

No, I agree. I don't mind the neckline too much, but it's terribly ill-fitting. :( (Not that it matters what I think of the outfit. I hope she felt beautiful!)

Here's one of her bridesmaids. I think I really like the dress.

dMKcMeH.png

so she wore her bridesmaids dress to her reception? it looks like the same dress?

thats weird to me

They're going to Cancun for their honeymoon? Beautiful beaches but there's algae all over the place, or at least there was when I was there a month ago. Totally sucks.

Maybe the algae got them a special on the special all-inclusive rate?

Here's a bit from the ETonline article on the wedding. (I see KC is "one of their favorite towns." Okay……)

Etonline:

"A source close to the newlyweds tells ET they'll be heading to one of their favorite towns, Kansas City, for a few days, then spending more than a week at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun for their honeymoon."

Wtf indeed. Who does that?

A self-absorbed bitch who can't stand the thought of the spotlight possibly not being on her. And this isn't the first time she's worn something inappropriate to an event. See: blouse/black undershirt/black skirt to formal dinner in DC when (apparently) every other woman there, including Anna, was in a formal or at least a cocktail dress (the photo is in some old thread) -- it's like she's screaming out for attention. You want it, MEchelle? You get it - negatively. You asked for it. :disgust:

Michelle wearing white - really. Too bad one of the howlers wasn't eating a meatball sub on the way to the wedding. A opportune spill of red sauce on a white cotton dress would have served her right.

This. So much this.

BTW, maybe Amy and Dillon really like BBQ. KC is famous for it. Supposedly there's a lot in that city to do and see. And I think Jessa looked just fine -- didn't even realize it was her at first. A bit of bitch face there (but that's her norm)...but her hair and dress looked appropriate and cute.

Maybe they have tickets to a football game in KC?

Maybe she's going to pop by and play a gig in Branson with her country music career.

Maybe she's going to pop by and play a gig in Branson with her country music career.

Is she talented enough to get paying gigs?

Maybe they have tickets to a football game in KC?

Maybe on the way back? Next Chiefs home game is Sept. 17 and against the Broncos, which is worth seeing.

BTW, maybe Amy and Dillon really like BBQ. KC is famous for it. Supposedly there's a lot in that city to do and see.

Yeah, the BBQ makes sense. That seems to fit their shabby chic, motorcycle, duggs-a-bustin' out and all over, Dillon, Pickle, King vibe.

Years of lurking and I finally login to the acct I set up during 1st Josh scandal to talk Amy and KC. Perhaps they are baseball fans. The Royals are among the favorites to win the WS this year, and a game is a great time. World class BBQ could be a draw. There's a great art museum, and the only town in the world with more fountains is Rome. So, there you go!

That bell ringers photo is terrifying to me.

And I'm so glad they stuck a flower to the side of baby Meredith's head...otherwise I might think she's a boy. :roll:

Pickles' facebook page has a picture of Derick side hugging a bridesmaid. At least I think it's a bridesmaid. I can't quite tell.

Jill looks under dressed.

I live 2.5 hours from KC. It's a fun get away for the weekend. They have the Power and Light district, the Sprint Center is great for concerts, Arthur Bryant's for AMAZING BBQ, country club plaza for shopping. Geez, just writing this makes me want to go to KC right now.

Archived