IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

I went to KC on my honeymoon too. We were young and broke and didn't have the ability to take a lot of time off of work. So we ran up to KC for a few days. I love the town. Lots of great food, wonderful shopping, and since we got married in December some of the best light displays ever.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed all the tabloid shows. Did she get a mention on ANY of them?

Poor Famy...

She's still front page on Eonline. So maybe? No other news for sure...

I'm resistant to Succotash because when they were in the City Market the service was horrific: People would go in and sit down and the staff wouldn't acknowledge them -- no water, menus, nothing -- for a half hour plus. Is the service still really bad? You Say Tomato is a few blocks south on Holmes and has fantastic food and the service is a non-issue.

I would love to try Port Fonda, but we have Panchos and Cancun Fresh (did you know they moved?) really close to home (we're in Old Hyde Park) and PF seems a little pricey in comparison. A fiesta burrito at Panchos is $5! I can get two meals out of it.

What's your opinion of John McDonald buying up the entire East Bottoms? I have very mixed feelings about it.

I used to go to Succotash in the River Market when I worked downtown and don't remember bad service? I like the new location better (I thought of it when you said You Say Tomato because it is so close to there). So Port Fonda is a little pricey but fun and so yummy and worthwhile. We're old and married and have kids now and live in Overland Park for the schools. But, I lived on the Plaza, as well as near KU Med, so I'm a city girl at heart. Although when we have a sitter and a night out we try to hit the highlights, and also check out what's new. I'm a big big fan of the West Bottoms (especially first fir day weekend shopping), but am not familiar with the situation in the east bottoms. My dad has been in commercial real estate here for 35 years so I will have to ask him about it.

Best way to get press is to pick a holiday weekend, especially if your event is scheduled and you're falling over yourself to provide pics and quotes. They're notoriously slow news days. Several in a row. So a Sunday wedding on Labor Day weekend was hedging her bet on coverage, I think. Plus with a two-month engagement, venues likely were hard to come by. My oldest just got married and he and his bride settled for their fifth choice date to have the ceremony at their selected venue - that's with a 6-month advance reservation.

9194b4a503e71552bcfab8638c635c30.jpg

People, people, people... Have we forgotten the dress MeChelle wore to Jills wedding?

She's always a mess but never before or since has she been so disasterous.

People, people, people... Have we forgotten the dress MeChelle wore to Jills wedding?

She's always a mess but never before or since has she been so disasterous.

That dress was next-level hideous. She shouldn't have worn white to Amy's wedding, but at least the dress was nice and simple. Had it been to a garden party or something, I would have said "oh, look how cute that dress is on Michelle, she should do that simple look more often", but this is a wedding. You do not wear white to a wedding unless you are the bride or a flower girl. It's practically in the Constitution.

I loved both Amy's dresses, tho I didn't think either dress fit her very well. It sounds like a cute and fun wedding and they looked really happy.

My wedding band and engagement ring are residing in an empty, clean urine specimen container in my drawer these days. They've been there since a technician at the hospital emergency dept cut them off of my broken ring finger.

I was up at bat in a softball game and the pitch hit my hand and broke that finger. Yep, I heard the CRACK. The finger swelled up so badly the rings wouldn't come off except by cutting the metal and pulling each band apart r.e.a.l.l.y w.i.d.e. The specimen bottle was what the tech returned them to me in. He was pretty sheepish about it, lol.

My finger's healed but it's much bigger than before, so the rings will have to be enlarged. Le sigh.

On ring chat: I wear my engagement ring all the time. I don't actually wear my wedding band because the two rings feel like too much clutter on my finger, but the engagement ring is my husband's great grandmother's, reset in the same style for me as the settings were getting worn. We went to great trouble sizing it while my then-fiancé and I were on different continents and it turned out I was the same size as the original anyway! The only time I take it off is in the gym, because it gets pinchy when I deadlift or bench press.

On dress chat: I actually really like the ceremony dress and had it fit right it would have been lovely. Not so much a fan of the reception dress. I like the bodice, but the tight horizontal gathered satin is too much reminiscent of a sausage casing for me. It looks like she had a good time though, which is what counts.

I loved both Amy's dresses, tho I didn't think either dress fit her very well. It sounds like a cute and fun wedding and they looked really happy.

My wedding band and engagement ring are residing in an empty, clean urine specimen container in my drawer these days. They've been there since a technician at the hospital emergency dept cut them off of my broken ring finger.

I was up at bat in a softball game and the pitch hit my hand and broke that finger. Yep, I heard the CRACK. The finger swelled up so badly the rings wouldn't come off except by cutting the metal and pulling each band apart r.e.a.l.l.y w.i.d.e. The specimen bottle was what the tech returned them to me in. He was pretty sheepish about it, lol.

My finger's healed but it's much bigger than before, so the rings will have to be enlarged. Le sigh.

Ouch! I can't even imagine. I play in a coed league, one night a week in summer. minor injuries are common, but I think I'm the only person who takes off jewelry and acts like it's a real workout.[emoji4]

Yay for Amy for considering the comfort of her guests by providing food and seating. It seems like she threw a great wedding and reception that didn't leave the guests freezing, exhausted from standing, hungry or in a diabetic coma.

Ouch! I can't even imagine. I play in a coed league, one night a week in summer. minor injuries are common, but I think I'm the only person who takes off jewelry and acts like it's a real workout.[emoji4]

It never even occured to me to take them off. Just dumb on my part. Lesson learned!

"Poor Anna. She looks miserable. I am upset that the press traveled down there just to snap pictures of Anna."

And it is all over the press. Why doesn't Anna leave? "Anna puts on smily face?"

I feel really bad for Anna. Yeah, maybe I'm delusional as she always did put on the adoring gaze, but for a while there when they first went to DC I was hoping she would start to lead a normal life. It may have just been for the cameras, but she seemed truly happy, doing normal things like taking the kids to a play group and wearing actually fashionable-but-modest clothes to go to real restaurants, and having those people over where the woman was someone who served in the military--I did hope that Anna, who seemed to me to have a spark of life in her and want more for her kids--might have made friends with other young mothers and lived a normal, if fundie, life.

Maybe I just imagined it, but I think there was a spark there. And now it's totally quashed. It's really all over for her and that breaks my heart.

Not related to your post but why do some people on FJ always have to hate on diamond rings?

Probably because of the De Beers Cartel and the whole blood diamond industry.

Diamonds really are very common, and honestly, very overpriced (ask anyone who has tried to sell one back to a jeweler). But you can thank De Beers for the whole "buy a diamond for the wedding" thing.

I think she looks great in the dresses!

Not related to your post but why do some people on FJ always have to hate on diamond rings? Yeah i wear a big diamond ring and have a eternity ring as my wedding ring. Yes it cost a lot of money. So what? My husband earns enough money that we didn't have to scrimp for it, it makes me very very happy and I don't wear any other jewellery (well a mummy teething necklace for my baby if that counts?!)

And people who say we should have donated the money to charity...yeah why don't we just live in a tiny apartment and wear hand me downs & donate all our money to charity? Because we are normal people and like nice things.

I don't think anyone was "hating" on diamond rings. FJ members come from different places, backgrounds and follow different traditions.

I personally come from a country where wearing a diamond walking down the street would get you mugged, so It is still very surprising to me to see women riding the train at midnight with a couple thousand dollars wrapped around their finger...I am just used to being very aware of my surroundings and it would freak me out to have an expensive ring with me at all times. That said, if I hadn't married a fellow Argentinian but an American I would happily had followed my husband's tradition and worn a diamond ring. I think they are lovely, just not what I expected.

I don't think anyone is judging you, or anyone else for that matter, we were just discussing different customs.

Heh. I just read an article last week that DeBeers is significantly marking down diamonds because sales are slowing a lot. Maybe now's a good time to buy diamonds. :shrug:

Regarding Anna's 'adoring gaze' toward Josh, here's my new thought on that....

In the past, I always thought and believed that Anna was fully sold out, ATI style, for Josh (think loving sigh, "My man!" with batted eyes.)

However, today I saw the pic of Anna at Famy's wedding, and the look on her face caused me to go back and compare it with old photos. I was surprised to realize that NO, she did NOT previously have a star-struck love gaze for Josh. It wasn't that, I'm now thinking.

So,....what was it, then?

I'm getting that it's the whole ATI indoctrination, -that wretched teaching which kills drive, ambition, voice...in women.

It's that same 'glazed over' comatose look that J'chelle always has on her face.

The dead eyes. The forced smile.

Anna often had that look *before* and I didn't really realize it until I compared the pics today.

cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Anna-Duggar-And-Amy-Duggar-260x150.jpg

vs. earlier (similar hollow expression):

stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/old_pictures/Josh-and-Anna-Duggar-news.jpg

I don't have a dog in the diamond fight, but there are practical reasons for diamond rings besides being brainwashed by DeBeers. Diamonds weather daily wear a lot better than many other stones. They're also simple and (usually) colourless, so they tend to match any outfit.

Not related to your post but why do some people on FJ always have to hate on diamond rings? Yeah i wear a big diamond ring and have a eternity ring as my wedding ring. Yes it cost a lot of money. So what? My husband earns enough money that we didn't have to scrimp for it, it makes me very very happy and I don't wear any other jewellery (well a mummy teething necklace for my baby if that counts?!)

And people who say we should have donated the money to charity...yeah why don't we just live in a tiny apartment and wear hand me downs & donate all our money to charity? Because we are normal people and like nice things.

This comment was really unnecessary and IMO, in poor taste. There's no reason to get so defensive. No one is "hating" on diamond rings here. I also know normal people that are very charitable. It's odd that you are implying that people who choose to live a charitable life "not normal" and that those who are materialistic "normal".... It is fine to live your life the way you want but there is no need to get so defensive about something so silly? I don't get it.

My best friend works for Essense of Australia, where Amy's dress is from. I sent her the first picture that was released saying that it was pretty underwhelming compared to what she's shown me. She said "oh yep. That one is very simple, it does have a beautiful belt. It's a beautiful simple dress." Then she rattled off the item number right off the top of her head :lol:. I think it's pretty, but boring, especially for Amy!

I haven't seen pictures of Joy Anna at the wedding... Maybe she was included as a bridesmaid? I saw a few pictures of the bridesmaids but not all of them so maybe she was???

I don't think anyone was "hating" on diamond rings. FJ members come from different places, backgrounds and follow different traditions.

I personally come from a country where wearing a diamond walking down the street would get you mugged, so It is still very surprising to me to see women riding the train at midnight with a couple thousand dollars wrapped around their finger...I am just used to being very aware of my surroundings and it would freak me out to have an expensive ring with me at all times. That said, if I hadn't married a fellow Argentinian but an American I would happily had followed my husband's tradition and worn a diamond ring. I think they are lovely, just not what I expected.

I don't think anyone is judging you, or anyone else for that matter, we were just discussing different customs.

Same here, my best friend got mugged last week in the middle of the day and the guy stoled her wedding diamond and gold ring. I think is a cultural thing, not everybody can wear them.

I've seen a lot of posts here loving diamong rings, I don't know why people get so agressive and defensive about silly things.

Hmm...yeah...I haven't seen any photos of Joy at the wedding either. I think I've only noticed a couple of the boys too. Can't remember which ones though. John David for sure. But I forget who else.

Yeah i wear a big diamond ring and have a eternity ring as my wedding ring. Yes it cost a lot of money. So what? My husband earns enough money that we didn't have to scrimp for it, it makes me very very happy and I don't wear any other jewellery (well a mummy teething necklace for my baby if that counts?!)

I'm so happy that you are so happy with yourself!

But the dresses looked like shite on her.

Archived