IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

"...as dozens of children, including Josh and Anna's four kids, noshed on playful kabobs of powdered-sugar donuts, caramel apple pops and even Pixie Stix." - Can you say 'sugar rush'?

That sounds fabulous! I was never a Famy fan but anyone who puts pixie stix on the menu is my kind of girl.

And she is ridiculously photogenic - I envy that.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffy, you're cracking me up over here. :laughing-rolling:

I can't see Amy's earrings too well, but they look nice to me. And that's awesome if her dad made them.

Her dress is a little plain for my liking, but she looks really nice. And OMG, the boobs. First rule of being busty is that the girls must be contained at all times. You have to continuously keep track of their movements and whereabouts, lest they escape into the ether.

My only real question is how did she not suffer some kind of a wardrobe malfunction, with such an improperly fitted bust? Hell, if it was me, I would have at least invested in shoulder straps in the interest of double-bagging, even if I did want to keep the snug size to showcase them!

I'm a busty lady (32DD), and I'm obsessive about making sure everything stays in even if I'm showing the girls off; after a pretty major wardrobe malfunction -- I was Rocky in a shadow cast of Rocky Horror in college, so I was wearing a gold lamé swimsuit that had a ridiculously deep V, and when I went to do the pushups during I Can Make You A Man, my boobs popped right out of my suit (it was Rocky Horror so no one cared, but still) -- I always buy bras and tops that fit me well and invest in double-stick tape so that I know they won't pop out. If I end up marrying, I'm definitely going for something that will have some decolletage, but with a halter neck or straps/sleeves so I know I have some reinforcements to contain my boobs all night while I dance.

She looks pretty! I wanna see what the "bell ringing" girls are wearing.

Me too!!! I want to see the kids! And is "bell ringing" a thing in weddings?

It evokes pictures in my mind of a colonial town crier...

I read that the duggar littles aren't going to be "flower girls" they are going to ring bells down the aisle

Or above it, as per your view. :) When I got married 21 years ago it was very trendy to get a wrap around wedding band where the engagement ring was pretty much just a stone (perhaps with side stones) and the wedding band literally surrounded it, oftentimes in a "swirly" way. I didn't get that because it meant you couldn't wear the wedding band alone because there would be a weird space in it. It was also common then to get your rings soldered together so they didn't come apart - my mom had that on her original wedding band and engagement ring (she got a replacement combo ring after she'd married a number of decades). My set is gold because it was popular then, but for the last 15 or so years platinum is what a lot of people get (in the '60s my mom got white gold because it was trendy then). I stopped wearing my very plain engagement ring (just a band with a stone) five years into my marriage when I found out the stone cracked (very hard to do but both my mom and I managed to do it, probably due to an occlusion in the stone) so I had it made into a pendant I can wear on a chain as a necklace and I got an anniversary band with emeralds and diamonds. I wore that for a while until the band split and a couple of emeralds fell out and it's been over a decade and I still need to get it fixed!

There is an interesting ring discussion on the Brandon Keilen/Michael(la) Bates wedding thread because Brandon designed Michael(la)'s intricate/symbolic engagement ring and we FJers were wondering how her wedding band fit into/under/with her engagement ring.

Early 90s wedding here - my set is simple but swirly and definitely goes together - wedding band is fitted around the swirls in the engagement ring. I had them soldered together because they would have looked funny unconnected. Did that a week or so prior to the wedding, so when we did rings during the ceremony it was the both of them (2 rings made into one, if you will).

I also have a 3-stone anniversary ring that I wore on my right hand, until I got a Mother's Ring a few years ago (it has my DHs, my & 3 kids' birthstones, and is sort of swirly similar to my wedding set), so now I wear that on my right hand and the anniversary ring with my wedding set on my left hand. They don't match up just right due to the swirls on the wedding set but it doesn't really bother me.

As for everyday wear, my fingers swell and I use my hands when I work, and work from home, so they stay in a little bowl on my dressing table while I'm home. I put them on any time I leave the house (and not always facing the same way - sometimes the anniversary ring is closest to my hand, sometimes not).

And I agree that her dress isn't properly fitted for the undergarment she must be wearing.

I don't know if it's a common thing, but it might be a fundie thing. I think there were about 20 in the wedding of the nice, farming SAHD who married that pompous, extremely ambitious Army guy (Meredith? Off to check, brb.)

Amy is a beautiful girl and usually pretty photogenic. I expected a lot more from her. None of these photos are doing her any favors. These dresses are wearing her, poor girl.

I don't know if it's a common thing, but it might be a fundie thing. I think there were about 20 in the wedding of the nice, farming SAHD who married that pompous, extremely ambitious Army guy (Meredith? Off to check, brb.)

I forgot about them, but you're right, she had a bunch of bell ringers....

Off to look for updates on them.

This is on Inst as being her party dress

image.jpg1_zpsllzv92xx.jpg

Interesting that her neckline was way more "NIKE" while the duggars were there. Good for her for wearing what she wanted and not worrying about them!

Interesting that her neckline was way more "NIKE" while the duggars were there. Good for her for wearing what she wanted and not worrying about them!

That dress may put the pregnancy rumors to rest.

Famy must be crushed. Her People story is already dropped off the People main webpage.

Instead, there's Jessa throwing Josh under the bus and some TLC fat woman talking to people about being fat.

She looks so happy. I think her boobs are way too in your face by any standards, but the main thing is that she's happy.

In Ireland women generally wear their wedding ring closest to the hand and the engagement ring outside that and wear both after they get married. I'd never heard of the custom of just wearing the wedding ring. I wear mine when I'm out and about but once I get home I find it more comfortable to take them off. My husband wears his ring all the time.

Famy must be crushed. Her People story is already dropped off the People main webpage.

Instead, there's Jessa throwing Josh under the bus and some TLC fat woman talking to people about being fat.

nope, it's worse. It's not Jessa, it's jessica seewald, ben's idiotic 18 year old sister, the one who wrote that awful diary about her mission

Greeks in Greece do not have the custom of separate engagement rings. Your engagement ring actually becomes your wedding band. You give a gold band that is put on the left hand during the religious engagement ceremony. The band is switched to the right hand during the wedding ceremony. You then wear your wedding ring on your RIGHT hand.

That's how it used to be done in Germany. Engagement ring left, wedding ring right.The whole sparkly engagement ring thing has been getting more popular here thanks to Hollywood, but all of my friends who insisted on sparklers got fake ones because they wanted to save money for the wedding itself or the honeymoon. German sensibility DOES overrule trends sometimes. :lol:

nope, it's worse. It's not Jessa, it's jessica seewald, ben's idiotic 18 year old sister, the one who wrote that awful diary about her mission

LOL, yea, the one who whined about being clocked for Jessa on social media when Josh's molesting went public. The one who had nothing to do with all this...

But seriously, the front page People story is about Jessa.

She looks so happy. I think her boobs are way too in your face by any standards, but the main thing is that she's happy.

In Ireland women generally wear their wedding ring closest to the hand and the engagement ring outside that and wear both after they get married. I'd never heard of the custom of just wearing the wedding ring. I wear mine when I'm out and about but once I get home I find it more comfortable to take them off. My husband wears his ring all the time.

I only wear my wedding ring most of the time, I only throw the engagement ring on for special occasions

Yes, tradition says wedding band on the "bottom" because it's closest to your heart - same reason Americans wear rings on their left hand (as opposed to a lot of Europeans who wear them on their right) - the old belief that there is a connection from the ring finger on the left hand directly to the heart. And I wore my engagement ring on my right hand during my wedding ceremony so that my wedding band went on "first" and after the ceremony moved my engagement band on top of my wedding band so they were together in the pictures. Most weddings I've been to the bride has done something similar (moving or removing the engagement band for the ceremony and then putting it back on the left hand), but it could just be the culture/region I belong to that does that. In addition, I know a lot of women who remove their engagement rings when they go to work or wash their hands or dishes but leave their wedding rings on, and it would be a pain to remove both every time they did so.

In a Jewish wedding ceremony, the bride's ring is placed on her right index finger, supposedly because that finger has a direct connection to the heart. Jewish grooms traditionally did not receive a ring during the ceremony (Orthodox men traditionally did not wear jewelry), but today many less traditional couples have a double ring ceremony. Both the bride and groom place their partner's rings on their index fingers (right hand).

ETA: After the ceremony the ring is moved to the left ring finger in the US, or the right ring ringer in places where wearing it on the right hand is the custom.

I think my grandmother is the only person I know who wore her engagement ring closer to her finger instead of her wedding band. To her it was a practical thing, that it in case a ring slipped and fell off the wedding band would be cheaper and easier to replace and so it acted as a buffer for the engagement ring.

That's what I did & why I did it, back when I was married!

I'm actually distracted slightly from the boobilicious top by the absolutely horrid choice of earrings. Unless those earrings have some special meaning (like Jill and Jessa's necklaces) I can't think of a logical reason to wear such cheap looking earrings with such a formal dress.

One of the articles said her dad gave them to her.

If the thread title for part 2 of this doesn't include a reference to Amy's boobs, I swear I'm gonna flounce.

PS I like the rose gold dress--I think it would make a nice bridesmaid's dress.

Archived