IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

Honeymoon begins with a few days in Kansas City? What's the appeal of KC? What's the big draw?

All I can think is that their flight to Cancun leaves from KC.

(My apologies to KC faithful. I was raised in St. Louis and Arkansas, so I'm familiar with the middle-heart of the country. Given all the places one could go from northwest Arkansas, I was surprised by KC!)

Being from and living here in KC I have to say it wouldn't be my first choice to have my honeymoon but it's not something to shrug about. In all honesty I they would have a good time. The PBR Bar is from here and I can see Famy going buckwild there, all the city districts (some of them extremely beautiful), lots of bars and nightlife and almost all of our museums are free. All that being said I hope they board a plane to Cancun too!

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live 2.5 hours from KC. It's a fun get away for the weekend. They have the Power and Light district, the Sprint Center is great for concerts, Arthur Bryant's for AMAZING BBQ, country club plaza for shopping. Geez, just writing this makes me want to go to KC right now.

I can point you to waaayy better kc bbq if you are interested.

I can point you to waaayy better kc bbq if you are interested.

Oh, I know lol. It's just the first one that popped into my head. My fiancé dragged me to an Iron Maiden concert in KC a couple of years ago. (I'm not a metal fan, but the Sprint Center/Power and Light District really impressed me). I had a lot of fun in that town. And, if you've got the local tips for BBQ, I'm totally game.

What kind of bbq is KC bbq?

The best kind of bbq! :P I like to think of KC BBQ as the crossroads of american BBQ. It takes the tomato based sauce and beef from Texas, mixes it with the super sweet molasses BBQ of the south and takes their awesome pork, lil bit of that vinegar from deep south, that dry rub from Memphis and we mix it together. KC has more BBQ joints per square mile than anywhere on Earth, you can get high cuisine BBQ from a white table clothe restaurant and damn good BBQ from a gas station. If you asked a group of people on a street corner where to go for BBQ, most likely a fight would break out on what place is the best, but we all know the truth, it's hard to get bad BBQ here.

Jill needs to burn that yellow sweater.

No kidding. Her dress actually looks appropriate from what little I've seen, but she seriously needs to ditch that sweater. Ugh!!

Maybe Moochelle recycled an old nurse's uniform. She bought used and saved the difference.

Good for Anna for getting out. And sweet Jana holding Meredith. The picture makes it look like they were caged in a separate section. Wonder who took all those pics.

Feel so bad for Anna and the Duggar kids old enough to know why people are taking their pictures.

df2da44c5600957d8d2821ab63b2c811.jpg

Why does that look like a polygamist group to me?

I see it now that you've said it, but...

Ew. Ew. Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. :ew: :puke-front:

I don't think Michelle's dress is that bad, at least from the side. In another color, it may be very nice. BUT, wearing white to a wedding is really tacky. I had an aunt that did that to me, and it really offended me because she knew what color my dress was going to be and she almost matched it.

Amy's dress seems like its the wrong size and needs tailoring.

Also the pic of the bell ringers makes me think of a First Communion picture. Just so weird. Why you need that many little kids in a wedding I just cannot comprehend.

I think FAMY's wedding gown is beautiful. And color me shocked that she showed some restraint on not picking a dress full of bling -- well, except for the boobs. Then again, if I had her figure, I'd probably dress to show them off as well.

J-Chelle knows better than to wear white to a wedding she's not the bride in. What a passive-aggressive beotch.

One has to wonder how many of the guests either avoided Jim Boob and his family, or actually approached to say something snarky.

Aw, I like the yellow cardigan. It's sunny and happy. :lol: But yeah, Jill LOVES the yellow cardigan! Hey, I'm all about cardigans myself...

Is she talented enough to get paying gigs?

Well, YMMV, but I was in Branson for vacation earlier this spring (please don't judge me, it was a lakeside vacation in a huge condo & great facilities at a steal the week before Memorial Day), and I found this brochure:

b8bf83889cff514e84eafcea1ef4a1a2.jpg

59f6ab4ac9f1e9db9dd52a94f1d5da34.jpg

I don't know if it will be clear enough to make out (using phone camera here), but the last paragraph before the calendar reads "On select dates enjoy Amy Duggar from TLC's hit show '19 Kids and Counting!'"

N.B. That those "select dates" are not actually listed on the calendar. I don't know if you're just supposed to roll the dice if you want to see her, or check her social media, or call the venue, or what, but I found that suspiciously vague. I was ever so briefly tempted, but with a wiggly toddler in tow, I wasn't about to roll the dice myself.

None of the Duggars know how to dress. JB is wearing a gray jacket, the ever-present green shirt and khaki pants, MEchelle is wearing WHITE to someone else's wedding, Jesse has 6 inches of slip hanging under her dress, (guess it was too short), Jana and Jill are wearing SWEATERS in 90+ degree weather. They are clearly a bunch of hillbillies.

Hi everyone!

Writing again after a few months...

Just a few thoughts I had watching the pictures:

1) The Duggar girls I see in the pics (Jessa, Jana and Jill) look very much underdressed and, in general, "underdone" (is that a word in English?). Not only the dresses, but the hair and make up. This especially surprises me in Jana, who used to look so polished. It is as if they really did not want to go there, they had to be there but did not enjoy, have fun or share the happiness of the moment at all. Kind of a wedding strike.

Or maybe they were not at all in the mood, which would be understandable.

2) Poor Anna. Poor, poor Anna. Everyone watching at her in the worst time of her life. And who knows what thoughts she must have had...memories of her own wedding, of her hopes and happiness...all long gone...

3) I did not like seeing Jana holding Meredith. On the one hand, because it made her look like a professional baby-raiser. On the other hand, because I hope this does not mean that Anna is taking on Michelle's habit to deliver babies and hand them over to some step-mother to take care of them. I know that one cannot infer so much from a single picture, but I really am worried about little Meredith. I feel for Anna, she must be going through a hell right now and that is really not the best situation to give love and care to a newborn.

4) I think Amy insisting that "this is such a positive moment" in her life is in a way her revenge over the Duggar clan, especially the girls. I have the impression she has been quite envious of them...Sorry to be too cinical, but I see the gift-giving from Amy to Michelle and Anna a bit condescending

5) I find Amy's wedding dress hideous, in my opinion it is not elegant and I think it does not do her justice, plus I'll admit I find it inappropriate for a religious bride...the reception dress suits her better in the top (the neckline) although it does not help her lower figure...But she does look happy in each and every picture and that's beautiful :)

6) I did like the wedding setting and the reception location

...and let's leave it at this! Sorry for the long rambling!

Aw, I like the yellow cardigan. It's sunny and happy. :lol: But yeah, Jill LOVES the yellow cardigan! Hey, I'm all about cardigans myself...

Its too damn hot for SWEATERS. This is Arkansas in September, its over 90 degrees!

None of the Duggars know how to dress. JB is wearing a gray jacket, the ever-present green shirt and khaki pants, MEchelle is wearing WHITE to someone else's wedding, Jesse has 6 inches of slip hanging under her dress, (guess it was too short), Jana and Jill are wearing SWEATERS in 90+ degree weather. They are clearly a bun h of hillbillies.

I agree. They look terrible. Poor depressed Anna is wearing her everyday wear. Her child is in the Wedding party!!? At least Michelle has a dress on!. Jana looks nice in a dress, although relegated to nannydom. Doesn't the thrift store sell dresses? It's sad when little boys look better than the adults!!

Jill and Jessa are underdressed!

Oh wow that dress is more hideous than I thought, haha. It really does look like a nurse uniform!

The necklace was nice, but wearing white to your niece's wedding is Classic Michelle. Eyes must be on me! Though at least the dress looked alright on her and wasn't that abomination she wore to Jill's wedding. Simple looks best on her, and I'd be fine with that dress at another occasion, but NOT a wedding, much less a still-pretty-traditional one.

Jana looked very pretty if a little "I wear this every day" (but polka dots really do suit her), Jill looked good (though I wish she'd hit up Target before she goes back to Central America and spruce up her wardrobe), Jessa's dress looked nice, and Michelle should really know better than to wear white. And one more thing: TUCK IN YOUR SHIRT, JAMES. YOU ARE AT A NICE EVENT.

My eyes are drawn to the band around the wedding dress. I prefer the picture where King Pickle's hands are covering it.

Years of lurking and I finally login to the acct I set up during 1st Josh scandal to talk Amy and KC. Perhaps they are baseball fans. The Royals are among the favorites to win the WS this year, and a game is a great time. World class BBQ could be a draw. There's a great art museum, and the only town in the world with more fountains is Rome. So, there you go!

I'm happy that my KC query brought you out of lurkdom! Thanks for talking Amy and KC!

Welcome!

I'll give Jill a pass on the cardigan if she's wearing it as a beast feeding modesty cloak instead of that Bebe au Lait tent-tarp that Moo-Chelle wore for decades.

None of the Duggars know how to dress. JB is wearing a gray jacket, the ever-present green shirt and khaki pants, MEchelle is wearing WHITE to someone else's wedding, Jesse has 6 inches of slip hanging under her dress, (guess it was too short), Jana and Jill are wearing SWEATERS in 90+ degree weather. They are clearly a bun h of hillbillies.

Perhaps we can't blame the 'billies. People magazine is no longer arriving at the TTH with racks of coordinated ready-to-wear.

And maybe JB has instigated a "buy *really* used and save a bigger difference" policy since TLC derailed their gravy train.

Archived