IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

I'm not married... but the thing that weirds me out about the engagement/wedding ring tradition is... isn't it uncomfortable wearing rings every single day? Do you sweat underneath your rings? Do they get caught on things? Don't you worry about losing them and then losing not only the sentimental value but a bunch of monetary value too? I would be so scared. As feminine as I am, I really don't like wearing jewelry because I find it uncomfortable and I'm always afraid of it falling off.

I don't wear my rings all the time. I can't tell ya the last time I wore mine.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot about them, but you're right, she had a bunch of bell ringers....

Off to look for updates on them.

Found it: Meredith & Stephen Hammer. Here's the most recent thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26641

And here's the family SOTDRT archive on them:

viewforum.php?f=89

And because I can't resist, here are her 27!! bell ringers in mini wedding dresses:

df2da44c5600957d8d2821ab63b2c811.jpg

When I looked at the dress at first in these new pix, it almost looks like a two piece dress with midriff showing. The sash is the color of her spray tan.

Loving her reception dress so much more! That whole look with the lace and updo is more what I imagined for her. I wonder if that's what she initially wanted but couldn't get because of the short time frame, so 2 dresses was a compromise.

Thank you! I did a search but this is more recent than what I found.

Thank you for directing me to Meredith and Stephen! Knew nothing about them but just find their whole marriage fascinating! If he ever runs for politics I expect someone from FJ to expose this nut!

Wait, the normal in the us is to wearing the engagement ring with the wedding banda? To wearing a fucking Diamond ring that costs a fucking portion of your liver everyday?

I don't know about "normal" but I don't do it. ;)

I think it is a matter of choice, but a lot of women do wear both.

Seems pretty like a "meh" wedding to me. Nothing out of the ordinary. So we know the Duggar 19+ showed up, without major incident. Maybe some pictures will surface so we can discuss the J'Slaves and lost girl's attire. (I'm sure it was all bow ties and hats for the tweens and what remain of the howlers). After that this will be just a blip on the Duggar radar that is slowly dying. Famy will be milking it for months I'm sure.

Seems pretty like a "meh" wedding to me. Nothing out of the ordinary. So we know the Duggar 19+ showed up, without major incident. Maybe some pictures will surface so we can discuss the J'Slaves and lost girl's attire. (I'm sure it was all bow ties and hats for the tweens and what remain of the howlers). After that this will be just a blip on the Duggar radar that is slowly dying. Famy will be milking it for months I'm sure.

This is an interesting point. I wonder if this wedding would have been the tabloid sensation if it wasn't for josh's recent news. Famy didn't get her VSE, but she may have made more money giving exclusive interviews to the various magazines.

I am a total outlier but I think the reception dress is absolutely awful. The neckline, the cut...I think she's a very pretty woman with a nice figure so I'm not body snarling, I'm dress snacking. It just looks like it was deliberately made with the intent to be as unflattering as possible.

That said her wedding dress was even prettier in the sunlight and I loved that was sparkly.

Anyone see what type of hair fastener she used for the veil? Plain comb or decorative? I'm a tiara girl all the way myself! I wanted a quiet 10 minute wedding in jeans, maybe stopping to wed between dropping off at the dry cleaner and picking up dinner...but I adore tiaras and have been known to wear them while kicking around the house. I may put one on now - will look lovely with my starter shorts and Bears t-shirt I stole from one of the boys.

(And yes, I know this is why I have no business criticisizing what anyone else wears. Ever. :lol: )

Going to pop over to Instagram and see if she posted a shot of the rings with wedding band.

Eta wtf? She has over 387k followers and he had almost 28k? He's not famous in his own right, is he? I really had no idea there was this much general interest in these two.

Wow, Michelle, that's pretty bad to wear a full white dress like that. Trying to make statement or just hate that it's not about you?

Jessa has a look of pretentious disgust on her face. I don't think she wants to be there. I don't think any of them want to be there. Poor Anna looks miserable.

More pictures here including Anna, Jessa, etc.

Michelle wore white to Amy's wedding. WTF is wrong with her

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ndals.html

Wtf indeed. Who does that?

I don't like to leave my house under the best of circumstances so I don't have w good read in how normal people react in such circumstances, but are Amy and Anna close enough that Anna may have wanted to be there personally because she wanted to see Amy married? If not and this was one of those obligatory appearances someone should have made it super clear to her she didn't have to go if she didn't want to so she didn't go out of guilt,

And I think it's weird Amy talked about giving Michelle and Anna gifts for coming. Like a door prize? I think it taints a kind gesture when someone go out of their way to tell people,about the nice thing they did. And the gestures are pretty minor. Thoughtful, but why tie them to her wedding day and tell the press? So strange to me. And why Michelle? I'm baffled - maybe it's a custom with which I'm unfamiliar?

Michelle wearing white - really. Too bad one of the howlers wasn't eating a meatball sub on the way to the wedding. A opportune spill of red sauce on a white cotton dress would have served her right.

I actually like Jessa's dress. It is more or less formal and it fits her nice, its a win win for a duggar.

And what could we expect about MEchelle?

Amy's dress looks better here.

And jilly jilly... wearing the same outfit you have been wearing all day to a wedding, tacky my lady

Wtf indeed. Who does that?

I don't like to leave my house under the best of circumstances so I don't have w good read in how normal people react in such circumstances, but are Amy and Anna close enough that Anna may have wanted to be there personally because she wanted to see Amy married? If not and this was one of those obligatory appearances someone should have made it super clear to her she didn't have to go if she didn't want to so she didn't go out of guilt,

And I think it's weird Amy talked about giving Michelle and Anna gifts for coming. Like a door prize? I think it taints a kind gesture when someone go out of their way to tell people,about the nice thing they did. And the gestures are pretty minor. Thoughtful, but why tie them to her wedding day and tell the press? So strange to me. And why Michelle? I'm baffled - maybe it's a custom with which I'm unfamiliar?

Michelle wearing white - really. Too bad one of the howlers wasn't eating a meatball sub on the way to the wedding. A opportune spill of red sauce on a white cotton dress would have served her right.

Its almost seems like she had to bribe them to come.

What if the concerned faces aren't because they don't want to be there but simply because they have a strange man taking pictures of them?

I actually love Amy's wedding dress the more I see of it. Yeah, it's a bit small on top, but I think she wears it well. It's simple but elegant. Classy. The reception dress I thought fit much more poorly than the wedding dress, but I'm not saying she looked bad in it. It's kind of a cool looking dress, too. Anna looks beautiful as always. Now if she could just get rid of that parasite known as Josh... :?

Wow, Michelle, that's pretty bad to wear a full white dress like that. Trying to make statement or just hate that it's not about you?

Jessa has a look of pretentious disgust on her face. I don't think she wants to be there. I don't think any of them want to be there. Poor Anna looks miserable.

Anna does look miserable, but I would too, if I were insisting on staying in that messed up situation.

Jessa looks pretty off as well, but she's pregnant. Getting dressed up and going anywhere in the third trimester (she's in the third trimester, right?) just sucks, so for once I'll give her a pass...though she did look happy and engaged at the recent Bates wedding.

If we were discussing a normal person wearing white to someone else's wedding, I'd ascribe nefarious impulses to the deed. But this is MEchelle, so I think it's a subconscious cry for attention.

LOVE Amy's second dress. Love that she looks so happy.

And I think it's weird Amy talked about giving Michelle and Anna gifts for coming. Like a door prize? I think it taints a kind gesture when someone go out of their way to tell people,about the nice thing they did. And the gestures are pretty minor. Thoughtful, but why tie them to her wedding day and tell the press? So strange to me. And why Michelle? I'm baffled - maybe it's a custom with which I'm unfamiliar?.

It sounds odd to me too. But I had a fundy classmate many years ago who after passing an exam that several others failed showed up with little gifts for those who failed and for a couple of us who hadn't taken the exam. I thought it was weird then too, though I liked my personalized coffee mug a lot. ;)

I thought then that it was some sort of atonement for having succeeded when others hadn't. Maybe it is a fundie or Southern thing (or both) to give gifts when you feel you are more fortunate than others? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Also, as you say, Amy didn't need to tell the press about it. :roll:

Archived