IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

Does anyone know where Josh and Anna are living? The home they purchased needed a major rehab. Did they perhaps move into Jill's house now that she is gone? Are they in the Duggar's guest house?

I think they live in their new home

duggars.tumblr.com/post/126434561915/keller-brothers-and-josh-hanging-out-and-fixing-up#post-notes

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I am a little behind on this thread, but wanted to mention something about the Quiverfull thing.

If you look at the first versions of their website from 2005 in the Wayback Machine they have a link to an article about them that is posted on the Quiverfull website. The article does not specifically say they are Quiverfull, but it is posted on the Quiverfull website under articles about Quiverfull families.

The Duggars do a lot of updates to their website in 2005 and remove the link to the Quiverfull website around the time that they start adding things about their specials on Discovery Health.

This doesn't prove anything one way or the other, I just thought it was interesting.

web.archive.org/web/20050111173230/http://www.duggarfamily.com/

Does anyone know if Joseph returned to Crown College this semester? Dorms opened last week, I think, and classes probably started today. I've been looking at Crown College media galleries and haven't caught a glimpse of him (or any Bates kids) yet. The pics are mainly of freshmen, so I am still hopeful. I really really hope he got to return to Crown--anything (with the exception of the Rodrigues trailer) is better than the sordid drama of the TinkerToy House at this point.

Does anyone know if Joseph returned to Crown College this semester? Dorms opened last week, I think, and classes probably started today. I've been looking at Crown College media galleries and haven't caught a glimpse of him (or any Bates kids) yet. The pics are mainly of freshmen, so I am still hopeful. I really really hope he got to return to Crown--anything (with the exception of the Rodrigues trailer) is better than the sordid drama of the TinkerToy House at this point.

I was wondering the same...I hope so.... :geek: Knowledge=power.

I would imagine he's just dodging any limelight, including uni photos. I hope he takes Josiah off to college with him next year!

Meanwhile at the TTH command center; Pinky and the Brain, ooops I mean JB & Michelle are straining themselves trying to salvage their brand. They have a few days left .... but 2 events loom pretty heavily:

August 30, they have to appear in some fashion, to get behind the "TLC Special"....after the way they "handled" the molestation, that is if JessandJill aren't edited out as result of recent events

Assuming the married Js are in it- there has to be a family response...

September 6th: Amy's wedding. I know that the older girls are not in the wedding party...probably because the dresses might be too "NIke." FAmy's Instagram did show several 5-8 year old "flowergirls"-Josie, Jordan, and I think one is Mackenzie. Marriage and procreation are dogma to these folks, how can they not show up?

I just wondered what my fellow FJ's predicted...I'm on the edge of my seat. :popcorn2:

I just went to look at the TLC website to see what kind of shows they have on now and clicked on their "Shows" tab and found:

tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/

Interesting (to me anyway) that even though they canceled the show JBoob's helmet hair lego man head still graces their website in its full glory. :evil-eye:

Meanwhile at the TTH command center; Pinky and the Brain, ooops I mean JB & Michelle are straining themselves trying to salvage their brand. They have a few days left .... but 2 events loom pretty heavily:

August 30, they have to appear in some fashion, to get behind the "TLC Special"....after the way they "handled" the molestation, that is if JessandJill aren't edited out as result of recent events

Assuming the married Js are in it- there has to be a family response...

September 6th: Amy's wedding. I know that the older girls are not in the wedding party...probably because the dresses might be too "NIke." FAmy's Instagram did show several 5-8 year old "flowergirls"-Josie, Jordan, and I think one is Mackenzie. Marriage and procreation are dogma to these folks, how can they not show up?

I just wondered what my fellow FJ's predicted...I'm on the edge of my seat. :popcorn2:

I think they are going to lay low and get on with things for awhile. Go to events planned. Try not to create any waves. I don't think we'll see any big news coming from that camp unless it is something like Jessa with a gender reveal.

Pardon me if this was already discussed, but I just noticed this in the local paper while looking for Amy's engagement announcement:

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/aug/ ... ggar-911-/ (not breaking link because a press site)

Despite ruling, city keeping Duggar 911 call under wraps

By NWA DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

Posted: August 22, 2015 at 3:27 a.m.

SPRINGDALE -- The city declined Thursday to release a recording of a May 27 emergency call involving the Jim Bob Duggar family, despite a judge's determination Tuesday that the recording is not exempted from public release by court order.

The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette filed a Freedom of Information Act request for the 911 call recording on June 10. A copy of the 911 call was obtained by In Touch magazine of Englewood Cliffs, N.J., through an earlier request by the magazine.

Later requests from the newspaper also asked for copies of letters exchanged by the Washington County juvenile-court judge and Springdale City Attorney Ernest Cate on matters involving the Duggars.

In Touch's account of the recording says the caller identified himself as a Washington County case worker for the state Department of Human Services. He was quoted as giving the Duggars' address and saying: "We have an investigation, and I guess they're not being cooperative. We have to see the child to make sure the child is all right. So we just need police assistance."..

Attorneys for Springdale denied the newspaper's records request in June, while requesting a court ruling. The city cited court orders by Washington County Circuit Judge Stacey Zimmerman. Those orders forbade release of records arising from the investigation into Josh Duggar's conduct while he was a teenager and ordered the destruction of a police report on the matter.

Attorneys for the city requested a ruling from Zimmerman on whether the 911 recording was subject to a records request in light of those orders. On Tuesday, Zimmerman said she had no authority to issue an "advisory" ruling on whether the requested records had to be released under Arkansas law. She declared the documents are outside the scope of any orders she issued related to a 2007 Families in Need of Services case involving the Duggar family...

Pardon me if this was already discussed, but I just noticed this in the local paper while looking for Amy's engagement announcement:

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/aug/ ... ggar-911-/ (not breaking link because a press site)

Despite ruling, city keeping Duggar 911 call under wraps

By NWA DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE

Posted: August 22, 2015 at 3:27 a.m.

SPRINGDALE -- The city declined Thursday to release a recording of a May 27 emergency call involving the Jim Bob Duggar family, despite a judge's determination Tuesday that the recording is not exempted from public release by court order.

The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette filed a Freedom of Information Act request for the 911 call recording on June 10. A copy of the 911 call was obtained by In Touch magazine of Englewood Cliffs, N.J., through an earlier request by the magazine.

Later requests from the newspaper also asked for copies of letters exchanged by the Washington County juvenile-court judge and Springdale City Attorney Ernest Cate on matters involving the Duggars.

In Touch's account of the recording says the caller identified himself as a Washington County case worker for the state Department of Human Services. He was quoted as giving the Duggars' address and saying: "We have an investigation, and I guess they're not being cooperative. We have to see the child to make sure the child is all right. So we just need police assistance."..

Attorneys for Springdale denied the newspaper's records request in June, while requesting a court ruling. The city cited court orders by Washington County Circuit Judge Stacey Zimmerman. Those orders forbade release of records arising from the investigation into Josh Duggar's conduct while he was a teenager and ordered the destruction of a police report on the matter.

Attorneys for the city requested a ruling from Zimmerman on whether the 911 recording was subject to a records request in light of those orders. On Tuesday, Zimmerman said she had no authority to issue an "advisory" ruling on whether the requested records had to be released under Arkansas law. She declared the documents are outside the scope of any orders she issued related to a 2007 Families in Need of Services case involving the Duggar family...

Wow. Just wow.

I hope this gets picked up and the city gets put on blast.

Say goodbye to People Magazine's good vibes towards the Duggars....

http://www.people.com/article/josh-dugg ... ouble-life

"Inside Josh Duggar's Shocking Double Life: 'There Was Always Something a Bit Odd About Josh'"

http://www.people.com/article/anna-dugg ... ng-scandal

"Anna Duggar's Isolated Life: She Feels It Is 'Not Godly' to Get Mad at Josh"

And most damning of all..

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 90,00.html

"'Duggarville' Exposed: 'Jim Bob Is like a Dictator'"

Thanks, Hiddenomaha.

Well well well, Jim Bob. The national media spotlight you courted so relentlessly has finally turned on you.

"Inside Josh Duggar's Shocking Double Life: 'There Was Always Something a Bit Odd About Josh'"

WOW. How the mighty have fallen. People magazine finally turning on them... We are watching the last days, my friends !

There is something so satisfying when even the most sycophantic media sources are finally owning up to the truth about how disturbing the Duggar's beliefs are. None of that "wholesome family values" bullshit now, eh ?

ETA : The article about Anna is truly chilling. Adding such complete isolation to the mix... What an awful situation to be in, with no one to turn to but idiots who are on Josh's side and will always blindly enable and support him. There is no way they aren't blaming Anna and making her feel she has to forgive him unconditionally. It makes me so sad.

anybody else believe that their source is Amy or her fiance? if not, who do you think it could be?

anybody else believe that their source is Amy or her fiance? if not, who do you think it could be?

ahhh--that is an interesting theory. Amy as a leaker, in hopes of getting in the good graces of People magazine?

In the People article about DoucheBob, the picture is labeled as the Duggar family, butI didn't see JD in the pic and Mack is pictured with the lost girls. Where was this taken?

People can't even keep track of the kids now (just like DQ).

This seemed the best thread to add my thoughts about a wide range of Duggars:

Josh--what's left to say?

Jana-I really think Jana would do well with a conservative guy who only wants a few kids. She's never seemed to want anything beyond being an at home mom with a couple of kids. She'd likely do that well--she might even blossom with the opportunity to volunteer in "secular" organizations like PTA or scouts. For that to happen, some fundie-lite guy needs to take her far away from Arkansas

JD- I think what we're seeing with him is his escape. It's just happening gradually. Remember when he "forgot the ring" at J&A's wedding? He really enjoyed punking the douchebag.

Jill-Others on threads have seen her as a mean girl in the making. I'm not sure about that. I think she's enjoyed her fame in the past year: wedding/baby/mission trip and may just be able to grow up with Derek. Given a real education opportunity (Derek may just let that happen), she actually might be a good midwife [i'm not sure what real training she'd actually had to date]. There would be a real opportunity for them to do real mission work [not grifting], if she saw midwifery as an opportunity is mission. With the spotlight off of her, she may even back away from the eleventh hundred children competition.

Jessa-MEAN GIRL all the way. She's always liked the camera and her selfie obsession is over the top. Sure, she's immature, they all have stunted development, but she strikes me as even more smug than Smuggar these days. On another thread she was labeled "Smuggar 2.0" and I agree. Don't know if she'll have the same fall from grace, but I'd love to seem karma catch up with her. She'd likely do another reality show--"Dancing with a Duggar" just to stay in the limelight.

Jinger--get out now! We're here for you! Take your sibling/children and leave!

And the rest (the Gilligan's Island theme song (season1) just popped into my head: They have been exposed to so much more because of TLC, that they might be able to break out or push back. Assuming that JB doesn't take the scandal opportunity to lock down the compound and beat down harder on the Gothard message. In the end, the Howlers and the Lost Girls might do best because they'll be feral once the sister-moms leave.

DoucheBob and DQ: Others have posted that the two of them have forgiven Smuggar and blame Anna. I'm not sure that's completely true-that is to say, they certainly hold Anna responsible, but I'm not sure they're forgiving Smug. They might say that publicly and even to the other kids, but I think they're at wits end trying to figure out how to spin this. They have to know the public blow back is HUGE this time. A trip to the skating rink isn't going to get their fans back.

They've definitely in lock down mode which is really pretty scary--what opportunities do the kids have to access what's really being said? This really is a cult reaction. In other families, you'd hear pleas for respect the privacy of Anna and the children and the rest of the family, but they're not even going there. They're just going into bunker mode.

Thanks for letting me rant/share!

If it's true that, per People story about Anna not being permitted to get angry at Josh, she IS repressing her anger about it all, what revelation (pardon the pun) could break through that barrier?

Her being told she has an STD? Baby Meredith having some sort of secondary infection (chlamydia eye disorders come immediately to mind, perhaps others)?

I could speculate on, I'm just wondering if all this submission comes with an ounce of pragmatism for herself or the little M's?

*Edited to fix a typo

ahhh--that is an interesting theory. Amy as a leaker, in hopes of getting in the good graces of People magazine?

I actually don't think it's Amy; I wouldn't rule out King Dill Pickle, but my money is on Daniel, Candice, or Suze Keller. The reason I don't think it's Amy is that her wedding is in 2 weeks- providing more food for fodder only this scandal overshadow her wedding even more than it already will. Now, if People offered her a large sum of money to dish, then maybe- but I just don't see her doing that to her family, especially since she's so close with Grandma. Maybe I'm giving Famy too much credit...

The source's tone seemed angry to me, he/she used the word pissed, and it just sounded a lot like what Daniel wrote in the facebook rant. The Duggars are humiliated and sad; the rebel Keller kids are pissed off and angry. Just my $0.2 opinion ;)

Now wouldn't it be a real kick in the pants if Gma was the "leak"! :shock: (I have NO knowledge of this, just a wild and crazy guess.) She's got the perfect view from her laundry room. She's go to be very worried about her unmarried grandchildren. These scandals are going to "rock their world" and Boob and Mullet will probably tighten the "vise" even more....

I'm on the side of Daniel Keller being the source close to Anna. The tone and words seemed very similar to some of the things he was writing on Jessa's facebook.

Agreed. The language sounds a lot like what we see him writing on Facebook. Too bad it seems the Duggars are going the rehab-and-redemption route in their usual harmful way.

I'm curious as what the Duggars do during times when they go silent from social media. Do they just sit inside all day every day to avoid getting photographed by paparazzi? Do they cut off the Internet to restrict all the older kids from reading about the various scandals? How do they survive without their daily Starbucks? I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see whats going on.

A part of me wishes this came out before the molestation scandal.

I bet now they're using that scandal that's it's proof satan is attacking their family. They fell at the peak of their godly ness. Clearly they were doing to much good and satan is trying to tear them down. *gag*

Archived