IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

Am I the only person who thinks Jessa's Instagrammed pretzel-cream cheese-strawberry thing sounds disgusting? :shock:

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only person who thinks Jessa's Instagrammed pretzel-cream cheese-strawberry thing sounds disgusting? :shock:

That sounds gross... but pregnancy cravings can be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerryyyyyyyyy weird. (Not that I've ever been pregnant, but have heard about people having weird cravings)

Nope. Not at all. Then again, I live close to New York City and they have some pretty amazing cheesecake there! :lol:

It's a pretty common summer/potluck dessert. Not everyone's cup of tea.

My family makes something similar year-round. It's actually really good if you get the proportions right, and provides a nice salty/sweet combo. I suggest not overloading the cream cheese aspect and letting the strawberries take center stage. But I just like strawberries, so...

My family uses a similar recipe, except we call it Strawberry Pretzel Salad. It really is super delicious. The saltyness of the pretzel layer plus the sweetness of the cream cheese layer plus the fruit of the strawberry layer is amazing.

And now I have the urge to make some.

taking%2Bpicture.jpg

Apparently the two unemployed expectant parents are now signed up to make appearances at three Southern Women's Shows and four additional shows this fall.

Jessa will answer questions from the audience, sign autographs, and take photos with guests along with Ben Seewald.

Papa Boob must be proud.

taking%2Bpicture.jpg

Apparently the two unemployed expectant parents are now signed up to make appearances at three Southern Women's Shows and four additional shows this fall.

Jessa will answer questions from the audience, sign autographs, and take photos with guests along with Ben Seewald.

Papa Boob must be proud.

Is he signing Jessa's headshot? Haha

I also noticed that he appears to be signing her head shot. HAHAHA. Not to mention, how vain is it to pass out signed head shots?!! I can't believe anyone wants to hear them speak. :roll:

Now does this surprise anyone at all :D Jessa has to work

the only difference is she will be hawking her pregnancy (Who will be what at that point - 7-8 months pregnant ) and Ben will walk around like a stud

Ok -:D

Who lives in Florida, North Carolina and Alabama

you people have to go and just throw condoms at Ben :D if anything

and one can only hope that Ben gets his own head shot

This should be so funny :D

My family uses a similar recipe, except we call it Strawberry Pretzel Salad..

My SIL makes it. When it's freshly made, it is good in small amounts. After that? Pitch it.

ETA: I have to say Ben looks better in that picture than I remember seeing lately. He should just stick to glasses and forget the contacts altogether.

My SIL makes it. When it's freshly made, it is good in small amounts. After that? Pitch it.

ETA: I have to say Ben looks better in that picture than I remember seeing lately. He should just stick to glasses and forget the contacts altogether.

Isn't that an older photo from the previous speaking engagements and pre cancellation? I think I remember having a discussion on that dress earlier in the year.

Here's the Southern Womens Show schedule:

southernshows.com/calendar

Jessa will be at the Charlotte one at the end of August: southernshows.com/wch/happening/feature/373

No mention of BenBob

Here's the Southern Womens Show schedule:

southernshows.com/calendar

Jessa will be at the Charlotte one at the end of August: southernshows.com/wch/happening/feature/373

No mention of BenBob

Not just the Charlotte one. She'll be in Orlando, Birmingham and Jacksonville, too. I wonder how much she makes with these appearances.

Guests are welcome to ask Jessa questions on her wedding details, life as a newlywed, her pregnancy and how she is preparing to be a first time mom when she appears on stage.

LOL, clearly guests may NOT ask anything else.

Seriously, this is a home and lifestyle show. What on earth would people find interesting about, "I met this cool teen age dude that followed my family around and Daddy approved, so it was awesome to get engaged on TV and get paid for it! I got a lot of free stuff from fans, and didn't have to really do anything other than give them rootbeer floats, coz I like really don't like cake, then we had sex, (Yea!!) and I am going to have a baybee!! And I got paid for all of it because we were on TV! It's totally awesome!! Coz, Jesus!! Now I'm not on TV so that's why I'm here at this show. Questions?

I doubt there will be many questions past "How do you like married life?"

Have you picked out a baby name yet?

Do you know the baby's gender?

When are you due?

How do you make your hair so pretty?

How many children do you plan to have?

etc, etc. The sort of dull, inoffensive questions asked by mild-fans of the show who think that Jessa is sweet and the Duggars are a lovely family. If anyone is rude or asks anything too intrusive there will probably be someone standing guard to lead them away. After all, this is the Southern Women's show.

Pioneer woman just posted a very similar pie this week. Must be a regional thing.

Seriously, this is a home and lifestyle show. What on earth would people find interesting about, "I met this cool teen age dude that followed my family around and Daddy approved, so it was awesome to get engaged on TV and get paid for it! I got a lot of free stuff from fans, and didn't have to really do anything other than give them rootbeer floats, coz I like really don't like cake, then we had sex, (Yea!!) and I am going to have a baybee!! And I got paid for all of it because we were on TV! It's totally awesome!! Coz, Jesus!! Now I'm not on TV so that's why I'm here at this show. Questions?

If it's a home and lifestyle show shouldn't there be tradesmen and decorators etc. as opposed to ignorant clones?

Isn't that an older photo from the previous speaking engagements and pre cancellation? I think I remember having a discussion on that dress earlier in the year.

It's hard to use their photographed clothing as a reference point. They have clearly moved beyond the "buy used" crap, but they still will wear the hell out of clothes they like. I remember that mustard cardigan of Jessa's -- I was ready to burn it myself, and I never wore it, just saw her in it...but SO frequently! It's quite possible that Jessa just wore a dress she REALLY liked to events a LOT, even in earlier (perhaps to later) months of pregnancy.

I hope someone asks Ben what he's doing to support them now (if he's there), and more importantly, gives an answer that's different from what he said last time, which was basically that he helped Jim Bob with yardwork and followed Jessa around on tour.

He might avoid answering again this time, but a girl can hope.

I hope someone asks Ben what he's doing to support them now (if he's there), and more importantly, gives an answer that's different from what he said last time, which was basically that he helped Jim Bob with yardwork and followed Jessa around on tour.

He might avoid answering again this time, but a girl can hope.

Well presumably they are getting paid for being there.....I don't know how much, but I bet a steady stream of photo signings, appearances and talks at conferences an occasional guest column, interviews and videos could keep them fed. Not nearly as lucrative as pre- scandal, but I know that guest speakers at events can make quite a bit of cash. It's not a traditional job in any sense, but they are exchanging their time for money, which is how work is generally thought of.

My family uses a similar recipe, except we call it Strawberry Pretzel Salad. It really is super delicious. The saltyness of the pretzel layer plus the sweetness of the cream cheese layer plus the fruit of the strawberry layer is amazing.

And now I have the urge to make some.

I don't like salty-sweet combinations, so not interested in that.

But I have to say, Rajah061014, that is not "salad"; that is just dessert. :lol:

I really might try to go to the one in Charlotte. Is it extra to go to her part of the show?

I don't like salty-sweet combinations, so not interested in that.

But I have to say, Rajah061014, that is not "salad"; that is just dessert. :lol:

You could always make pretzels with a bit of melted chocolate and M&Ms on it. Soooooo good!

ETA: Just realized you said you DON'T like salty-sweet combos. My advice to others still stands though - those pretzels are Bangarang Rufio good!

Archived