IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald is Pregnant - Part 3

Boogalou

I predict that, in the next year, some of the Duggars are going to write a book about their "journey to forgiveness" with Josh and will want to go hawk it on a Christian book store tour.

However, now that the J'Slaves are moving into the baby making business, they have less time to write down platitudes with a ghostwriter.

I'm sure they're already working on it.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but think they were sitting around talking about Instagram, someone pointed out how crazy it was that he/they could take a picture of their dinner and get 30k likes on it. Then someone suggested taking a picture of the dumbest, most random and irrelevant thing ever, posting it and seeing what happened. So Ben took a photo of a packet of string cheese, captioned it 'Anyone else like string cheese?' - and promptly got 30,000 likes.

I can't help but think they were sitting around talking about Instagram, someone pointed out how crazy it was that he/they could take a picture of their dinner and get 30k likes on it. Then someone suggested taking a picture of the dumbest, most random and irrelevant thing ever, posting it and seeing what happened. So Ben took a photo of a packet of string cheese, captioned it 'Anyone else like string cheese?' - and promptly got 30,000 likes.

Jessa does like to troll us.

And the sequel:

The Duggar Guide to Fighting the Evil Liberal Media: Because Molestation Doesn't Hurt Anyone As Long As Nobody Knows About It

Or they could call it: A Godly Guide to Subtle Molestation.

Guys it is not that difficult to hit the like button, nor does it cost anything. I am sure that some of their followers would "like" anything they posted. A more interesting experiment than posting something bland like a picture of string cheese would be to post something super controversial like Birth Control kills babies.

Hey, I'm the opposite of a sheltered fundy and I instagrammed cookies and cream yogurt once. Don't judge. Young people post things that seem totally unexciting on their instagrams all the time.

Well, his caption is also part of what makes it so funny. There's a difference between posting a picture of the food you're about to eat and expressing how excited you are about it vs. posting a picture of a piece of string cheese to ask if anyone else likes a common grocery item, too. I see people post a picture of their ice cream cone or fries with captions like "Yum :D" all of the time, yes. Something just sounds so fundie-brand sheltered about, "Does anyone else like string cheese?"

I'm sure they're already working on it.

Well, I'm sure SOMEBODY is working on it - a ghostwriter pounding at their laptop as we speak. Doubt if the Duggies are burning the midnight oil though.....

:whistle:

I am just back from a week in Maryland and they served the Strawberry/Cream Cheese/Pretzel dessert at a BBQ dinner. I thought it was delicious. :)

Well, I'm sure SOMEBODY is working on it - a ghostwriter pounding at their laptop as we speak. Doubt if the Duggies are burning the midnight oil though.....

:whistle:

LOL. A Duggar kid working hard on something? :lol: :lol:

You could always make pretzels with a bit of melted chocolate and M&Ms on it. Soooooo good!

ETA: Just realized you said you DON'T like salty-sweet combos. My advice to others still stands though - those pretzels are Bangarang Rufio good!

I made white and dark chocolate drizzled pretzels for some relatives from Germany and they all (but one) looked at my like I had murdered a cat for mixing salty and chocolate. I guess its a cultural thing in some cases.

My formerly from the midwest Grandmother made a Jello salad worse than anyones. Its lime green jello with cottage cheese, dried fruit and nuts. :disgust: the mere sight of the chalky cottage cheese trapped in green goo made me gag.

I wish they would come to the west coast, I would go if they were close!

I still have my mother's Jello cookbook. It had all sorts of concoctions to put into Jello molds, from cottage cheese, to Cool Whip, to pineapple, lettuce, peaches..... you get the idea. Some of them are very good!

Some of them are, however, less than stellar.

I made white and dark chocolate drizzled pretzels for some relatives from Germany and they all (but one) looked at my like I had murdered a cat for mixing salty and chocolate. I guess its a cultural thing in some cases.

My formerly from the midwest Grandmother made a Jello salad worse than anyones. Its lime green jello with cottage cheese, dried fruit and nuts. :disgust: the mere sight of the chalky cottage cheese trapped in green goo made me gag.

I wish they would come to the west coast, I would go if they were close!

There was a variant of this in our old church cookbook: lime jello, cucumbers, onion, cottage cheese and mayonnaise. :puke-front:

The talk of mixing Jell-O with other, seemingly random ingredients reminds me of a Cracked article. Somehow, I didn't realize just how bad the Jell-O fad was until I read this.

cracked.com/quick-fixes/7-gross-foods-your-grandparents-ate-that-we-taste-tested/

One of these literally made me gag. You can figure out which one :lol:

Not just the Charlotte one. She'll be in Orlando, Birmingham and Jacksonville, too. I wonder how much she makes with these appearances.

Huh. I'm in Orlando. I might try to go. My husband and I like to go to the home and garden shows that also usually take place at that convention center. We sign up for all the giveaways and usually win at least one thing.

Most universities I've been to have sororities and fraternities, but almost no one I knew on campus was actually in one.

Same here. I was too busy studying and working.

I am very tempted to go to the Birmingham one....on second thought HAIL NAW!

I am very tempted to go to the Birmingham one....on second thought HAIL NAW!

Ha! my boyfriend has agreed to go with me to the Birmingham one on the condition that he gets to pick dinner :D

(restaurant recommendations are welcome if you're familiar with the area :) )

There was a variant of this in our old church cookbook: lime jello, cucumbers, onion, cottage cheese and mayonnaise. :puke-front:

I had a relative that would make that concoction, nobody would eat it. :ew:

I still have my mother's Jello cookbook. It had all sorts of concoctions to put into Jello molds, from cottage cheese, to Cool Whip, to pineapple, lettuce, peaches..... you get the idea. Some of them are very good!

Some of them are, however, less than stellar.

Would that be Joys of Jello? I have my mom's as well. It was something she sent away for in exchange for Jello box labels and a quarter. It's come in handy many, many times. I do remember there was also some tuna salad concoction in there... no thank you. Think I'd go for Boob's BBQ tuna before tuna salad encased in lemon jello.

Would that be Joys of Jello? I have my mom's as well. It was something she sent away for in exchange for Jello box labels and a quarter. It's come in handy many, many times. I do remember there was also some tuna salad concoction in there... no thank you. .

That would be it, and my mother DID make the tuna salad in a mold... of a fish. It was a huge thing, and there was so much of it, and it really was.... awful, but we had to finish it or starve.. Small world! :lol:

ETA: and by "starve", I mean: kids are always hungry; my mother wasn't going to waste such a big thing; and we were getting nothing else until it was gone.

I know this makes me sound VERY juvenile, but the first time I saw the string cheese picture, the first word that popped into my mind was "phallic." That whole Instagram post made me laugh, and yes, Bin, I DO like string cheese.

As for Jessa's strawberry pretzel creation, it's very similar to what my mother makes for the holidays. We have called it strawberry pretzel salad/strawberry pretzel dessert. My mom's is quite tasty. Even in the Midwest, we call things that aren't really salads...salads. Like 7 layer salad.

My husband's midwestern grandma gave us her church cookbook for Christmas one year. There is a "salad" with Mountain Dew in that thing. It is the funniest cook book ever. Also hilarious, the "vegetarian chili" whose first ingredient is a pound of beef.

They spoke at a homeschool conference yesterday. Pic:

iconosquare.com/p/1042724887547349314_1822033585

centralarkansashomeschoolconvention.org

I'm confused as to which "courting" story to believe: Michelle's: tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggars-blog/jessa-ben-courtship/or Ben's: theseewaldfamily.com/blog?ID=b9b1f55d-1232-471a-a424-02ef5174c974&utm_content=buffer2e7ec&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer. Seem like two very different stories to me. :o :wtf:

I don't understand why Ben and Jessa are speaking at a homeschool conference? Do they really have so much wisdom on the subject to impart to parents? And how the hell are they the Keynote Speakers??

Archived