IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

She has rather ignored the posts by Jewish people saying it is offensive.

They have ignored my posts telling them exactly why they're getting called out too. Lascuba should feel honored to get replies! :lol:

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, when the lot of your 'police-state' reads those words, "Jessa handles money like a Jew..", and view the few number of posts under my belt, instead of taking it in as snark, the sharks come to swarm. Youre ready and waiting to pounce. Give a new b*tch a break.

This honestly doesn't have anything to do with your post count or being one of the newer posters.

There was a thread recently in which a poster with a fairly substantial post count said something similar to what you did about Jewish people and money, and she was heavily criticized for several pages of the thread, by Jewish and non-Jewish posters alike.

And like Former Gothardite said, if she or anyone else with a couple thousand posts started saying bigoted stuff, they would totally be called out on it (if anything, I think veteran posters who "slip up" often get it worse than newbs). Stereotyping, whether according to gender, ethnicity, religion, or race, does not go over well around here.

I totally agree. It just seemed like most of the posts criticizing them were about Derick not supporting his family because missionary and how horrible it would be to bring a 6 month old baby (the youngest I can see him being by the time they actually went) to an area that had a natural disaster several months ago (again, allowing room for the passing of time).

Spending resources on soul-winning instead of meeting the physical needs of a population? That's criticism I can get behind. If they go with the IMB, I don't have any real doubt that that's exactly what they will being doing, based on my understanding of the organization.

I can't find it now, but I thought SassyPants found evidence that Derick had distanced himself from the IMB? During the neverending Jill/Izzy threads? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

They have ignored my posts telling them exactly why they're getting called out too. Lascuba should feel honored to get replies! :lol:

I'm totally preening right now. :D

I can't find it now, but I thought SassyPants found evidence that Derick had distanced himself from the IMB? During the neverending Jill/Izzy threads? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

He took it off his LinkedIn profile which is definitely a strange move if he's planning on working with them again.

That's the biggest piece of supporting evidence that Derick just got a job somewhere else and we're all (myself included, of course!) just chasing a red herring. :shifty:

He took it off his LinkedIn profile which is definitely a strange move if he's planning on working with them again.

That's the biggest piece of supporting evidence that Derick just got a job somewhere else and we're all (myself included, of course!) just chasing a red herring. :shifty:

I agree. The timing is also right for interview processes and such with a new job. He might have taken it off because it looks weird for the new job, so that would make more sense.

I hope he has a new job somewhere within like a 3 hours drive. Far enough from Duggarville but close enough so that Cathy can still visit.

I totally agree. It just seemed like most of the posts criticizing them were about Derick not supporting his family because missionary and how horrible it would be to bring a 6 month old baby (the youngest I can see him being by the time they actually went) to an area that had a natural disaster several months ago (again, allowing room for the passing of time).

Spending resources on soul-winning instead of meeting the physical needs of a population? That's criticism I can get behind. If they go with the IMB, I don't have any real doubt that that's exactly what they will being doing, based on my understanding of the organization.

IMO, a good organization is looking for what is best for the community, not just in sending missionaries and starting churches. Would it be best for the people of Nepal for money to be spent to send Derrick, Jill and Izzy over there plus money to be spent to feed, house and clothe them? I doubt it. Does either of them have a skill that absolutely no one in that area can do or can be trained to do? A good missions organization is going to make sure that the people who they are sending are actually going to contribute to the long term success of the community.

My unpopular opinion is that a lot(most) of missionaries are looking out for what they think the community needs, not what the community they are going to actually wants and needs.

Right, I'm with you on that score. But I could've sworn Sassy said something about derickdillard moving away from IMB and moving toward more extreme missionary programs. Maybe it was her opinion only. I'm still looking for the post I have in mind. Feel free to chime in, Sassy! ;)

IMO, a good organization is looking for what is best for the community, not just in sending missionaries and starting churches. Would it be best for the people of Nepal for money to be spent to send Derrick, Jill and Izzy over there plus money to be spent to feed, house and clothe them? I doubt it. Does either of them have a skill that absolutely no one in that area can do or can be trained to do? A good missions organization is going to make sure that the people who they are sending are actually going to contribute to the long term success of the community.

My unpopular opinion is that a lot(most) of missionaries are looking out for what they think the community needs, not what the community they are going to actually wants and needs.

I agree, with the caveat of "Does either one of them have a skill that absolutely no one in that area can do or can be trained to do in a timely fashion."*

Like, there are people all over the world who could potentially be trained to be doctors, but Doctors without Borders still exists because those people do not have access to the training, education, or infrastructure they would need for that to happen.

*In either case, the answer is "no" for the Dillards, of course.

Sorry guys, I have no knowledge of Derick's previous association with any mission group.

Sorry guys, I have no knowledge of Derick's previous association with any mission group.

I'm pretty sure I'm misremembering someone's opinion or speculation, anyway. :lol:

Sorry to bring your name into it! :)

I'm pretty sure I'm misremembering someone's opinion or speculation, anyway. :lol:

Sorry to bring your name into it! :)

I have always thought that Derick initially contacted JB for help as a financial sponsor for his mission trip.

Just a gut feeling that Derick was pointed in that direction.

I hope he has a new job somewhere within like a 3 hours drive. Far enough from Duggarville but close enough so that Cathy can still visit.

That would be a good thing, but seems unlikely to me.

That would not explain Jill's family dead worried faces when Derrick announced "the news", whatever it is.

And it would not make much sense to leave that big, newly refurbished, rent-free house to go pay a rent a few hours away.

I fear it may be Nepal, and I say I fear it because, as others have pointed out, I don't see what contribution Jill and Derrick could give: meaning well does not equal doing well or being useful (may Jill please stay away from helping women to deliver babies in Nepal and everywhere in the world, please).

Plus, although it is certainly possible to do live and work in a developing Country while raising children there, it depends on the circumstances, and in the context of post-earthquake Nepal I don't see it work fine.

My scenario is that Jill and Derrick may have decided to move to Nepal for like six months to film a spin-off there, Derrick resigned from his position, but then the scandal broke off and now TLC is not sure what to do...

I just hope TLC drops them and then maybe Jilly Muffin will understand while her husband needed to leave home to go to work every day.

That would be a good thing, but seems unlikely to me.

That would not explain Jill's family dead worried faces when Derrick announced "the news", whatever it is.

And it would not make much sense to leave that big, newly refurbished, rent-free house to go pay a rent a few hours away.

I fear it may be Nepal, and I say I fear it because, as others have pointed out, I don't see what contribution Jill and Derrick could give: meaning well does not equal doing well or being useful (may Jill please stay away from helping women to deliver babies in Nepal and everywhere in the world, please).

Plus, although it is certainly possible to do live and work in a developing Country while raising children there, it depends on the circumstances, and in the context of post-earthquake Nepal I don't see it work fine.

My scenario is that Jill and Derrick may have decided to move to Nepal for like six months to film a spin-off there, Derrick resigned from his position, but then the scandal broke off and now TLC is not sure what to do...

I just hope TLC drops them and then maybe Jilly Muffin will understand while her husband needed to leave home to go to work every day.

Was this in a preview for next season or something that was intelligible in the last of this season?

Jim Bob and Michelle are way into the emotive faces during announcements. I think they'd be sure to ham it up even if Jill was moving somewhere in the States but then again, Nepal seems more likely.

Edited for awful spelling. :mouse-shock:

Was this in a preview for next season or something that was intelligible in the last of this season?

Jim Bob and Michelle are way into the emotive faces during announcements. I think they'd be sure to ham it up even if Jill was moving somewhere in the States but then again, Nepal seems more likely.

Edited for awful spelling. :mouse-shock:

I believe it was in a preview of the next season. Right at the end of the last episode maybe?

Sorry I don't watch the show on US TV but on YT, so I may be wrong. But I clearly recall the scene: everyone on the couch, Derick says that "things change fast" and now he and Jill want to share a new, important change (or something along those lines) and the next thing we see are the very worried faces of JB, M, Joy Anna and some others if I recall correctly.

Edited to add: it was not emotive faces. No jaw dropping or brow rising or anything like that. They kind of stood still with very worried eyes, and it looked genuine (for once)

I believe it was in a preview of the next season. Right at the end of the last episode maybe?

Sorry I don't watch the show on US TV but on YT, so I may be wrong. But I clearly recall the scene: everyone on the couch, Derick says that "things change fast" and now he and Jill want to share a new, important change (or something along those lines) and the next thing we see are the very worried faces of JB, M, Joy Anna and some others if I recall correctly.

Edited to add: it was not emotive faces. No jaw dropping or brow rising or anything like that. They kind of stood still with very worried eyes, and it looked genuine (for once)

Thanks for describing it so well! :)

That really does make it sound as if whatever he said was of greater significance than simply moving cross country.

I have always thought that Derick initially contacted JB for help as a financial sponsor for his mission trip.

Just a gut feeling that Derick was pointed in that direction.

That's how it sounded to me. Derick contacted JB to help fund the trip and all JB offered was to pray with Derick. Then they could call each other prayer partners. Pure speculation but the whole prayer partner thing is just plain weird. Does JB really take time out of his day to pray with some missionary guy on a regular basis? I don't think so. They

probably had a conversation and JB couldn't be bothered so he stuck Jill with this obligation too.

Thanks for describing it so well! :)

That really does make it sound as if whatever he said was of greater significance than simply moving cross country.

Furthermore one of the on-line mags (radar? I've read so many this past week) claimed that they had filmed much of next season already and one of the scenes they filmed was the announcement by Derick that they were going to Nepal.

So I'm pretty confident that's the plan. Also didn't Jill say during her courtship or early marriage that they have a heart for missionary work? So the big question for me is how long they are going for and when are they leaving. If they are going to be gone for more than 3 months I imagine that the Manor House will be given to another couple or possibly put back on the market for sale. Maybe Josiah and Marjorie will go ahead with their wedding plans and get the house or maybe Jessa and Bin will get to move up from their modest cottage. If Jill and Derick are leaving very soon maybe Josh and Anna could move in while their new house is being fixed up.

Also didn't Jill say during her courtship or early marriage that they have a heart for missionary work? So the big question for me is how long they are going for and when are they leaving.

I remember during their courtship when they went hiking for a date (with the young brother as chaperon) Derick mentioned the possibility to do missionary work together abroad (or hike together abroad while on missionary work? I can't remember) and Jill said "it would be awesome".

Anyways, the big question for me now is: would they still be going if TLC was not there anymore to fund the trip?

I remember during their courtship when they went hiking for a date (with the young brother as chaperon) Derick mentioned the possibility to do missionary work together abroad (or hike together abroad while on missionary work? I can't remember) and Jill said "it would be awesome".

Anyways, the big question for me now is: would they still be going if TLC was not there anymore to fund the trip?

OMG, thousands of missionaries raise funds every year without the help of TLC.

TLC filming and paying for that coverage would make it is easier though.

Just like thousands of people from the US travel to Nepal each year, but I have a bit of a hunch that TLC's filming the Duggars made JB's decision to go and take Jill much easier.

The timing seems off to me. Sure, a natural disaster and you would probably like to physically assist, but you're a newbie at work, have a wife who just delivered a baby via c/section, and a mom who is recovering from cancer treatments. I tend to be super logical, and the timing of this makes no sense to me.

Further, if it's going to take a year or more to actually go, why did Derick already have quit his job?

I'm in the camp of: TLC offered to cover the trip for filming and the Dillards decided to go for it...WM wouldn't grant the time off, so Derick decided that he'd quit and use TLC as his back-up until he found something else upon their return to the states. Jill was never on board with having a working -out-of-the-home husband-

TLC filming and paying for that coverage would make it is easier though.

Just like thousands of people from the US travel to Nepal each year, but I have a bit of a hunch that TLC's filming the Duggars made JB's decision to go and take Jill much easier.

The timing seems off to me. Sure, a natural disaster and you would probably like to physically assist, but you're a newbie at work, have a wife who just delivered a baby via c/section, and a mom who is recovering from cancer treatments. I tend to be super logical, and the timing of this makes no sense to me.

Further, if it's going to take a year or more to actually go, why did Derick already have quit his job?

I'm in the camp of: TLC offered to cover the trip for filming and the Dillards decided to go for it...WM wouldn't grant the time off, so Derick decided that he'd quit and use TLC as his back-up until he found something else upon their return to the states. Jill was never on board with having a working -out-of-the-home husband-

Nothing says "Look, I'm a good Christian", more than having a film crew, film it for posterity.

If they are going to Nepal, the timing makes perfect sense to me. It's like when the Duggars with TLC cameras in tow went to "help" after a tornado. Making the huge "sacrifice" to "help" in a country devastated by a highly publicized earthquake is ratings gold. I don't really think that it was all TLC's idea or that they are--or were--financing the whole thing...more likely it's something Jill and Derrick vaguely wanted to do, the earthquake happened and they saw an great opportunity, and then approached TLC with, "Hey, we're going to Nepal. How about you film us for the show in exchange for making our lives there much easier?"

OMG, thousands of missionaries raise funds every year without the help of TLC.

If TLC funding does fall through, there are probably enough leghumpers to fund the Dillards' missionary delusions dreams.

Archived