IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

I have literally said, "I apologize", in many ways, many forms, in many words. At this point, I feel like posters are taking my well-articulated and deeply thought-out apologies and confusing them as cold-hearted. In actuality, the problem is the platform wherein one cannot properly translate emotions or sincerity. Its unfortunate, because I have put in time and effort at responding with my feelings, my sorrow and apologies, related them to my personal history and beliefs, and have only meant well, only to be met by sarcasm and patronization.

So. Regarding your "points" there, please try re-reading my posts. And on the contrary, I have called no one a bully, others have.

Ok dokey then, here's a well articulated, deeply thought out and sincere comment.

You're a fanny.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that moving too far from Jim Bob controlling things might be too hard on Jill. She appears to be an overly needy daddy's girl. She cries over everything, by what we see on TV, and I suspect that Derek may have a long term plan to break away from the Duggars. It will take time to get Jill to be more independent from them. She has had a lot of changes in a short amount of time. I doubt Derek would want to shake her foundation at this time.

I really hope derick can actually follow through with whatever plan he may have or Jill won't ever grow up.

Not that she's really grown up that much anyway.

About Jill and Jessa's fundie futures. I think they will both go further into fundiedom, but they will be different kinds of fundies.

I see Ben and Jessa having the potential to be a very Zsu and PP type couple. They have that combination of hate, smugness, and superiority. They know better than everyone else. They have the answers. All sinners and non fundies should die. Etc. I can see them moving away from Gothard into even more fringe territories.Though Jessa probably won't be like Zsu when it comes to feeding on demand and stuff. I think Jessa may be a bit of an overscheduler like Erika or the Maxwells.

I see Derick and Jill becoming more earthy. I am not sure why, but I can picture them homesteading. I definitely think they want to be missionaries, so they will try and convert others, but maybe with a gentler approach. I see them sticking with Gothardism.

About Jill and Jessa's fundie futures. I think they will both go further into fundiedom, but they will be different kinds of fundies.

I see Ben and Jessa having the potential to be a very Zsu and PP type couple. They have that combination of hate, smugness, and superiority. They know better than everyone else. They have the answers. All sinners and non fundies should die. Etc. I can see them moving away from Gothard into even more fringe territories.Though Jessa probably won't be like Zsu when it comes to feeding on demand and stuff. I think Jessa may be a bit of an overscheduler like Erika or the Maxwells.

I see Derick and Jill becoming more earthy. I am not sure why, but I can picture them homesteading. I definitely think they want to be missionaries, so they will try and convert others, but maybe with a gentler approach. I see them sticking with Gothardism.

That is exactly how I see Jessa and Ben. They irritate me like no other. Smug and stupid always does.

That is exactly how I see Jessa and Ben. They irritate me like no other. Smug and stupid always does.

I could see them getting a divorce. Jessa presents as having low tolerance and if Ben does not get his act together, I can see her giving him the boot.

They both have those slap worthy faces.

This makes me sad. I'm partial to Jessa, and I feel like I might've liked Zsu in an alternate universe where she wasn't batshit crazy. People around here have hopes for Alyssa Webster and other fundies who have recently left the nest. I'm not very hopeful for anyone since I'm rather pessimistic about the likelihood of any individual fundie to experience a paradigm shift, but I do sort of long for Jessa to come to her senses. I think she's tough and smart and contrary enough to break free, even though the reality is that she probably won't. :cry2:

This makes me sad. I'm partial to Jessa, and I feel like I might've liked Zsu in an alternate universe where she wasn't batshit crazy. People around here have hopes for Alyssa Webster and other fundies who have recently left the nest. I'm not very hopeful for anyone since I'm rather pessimistic about the likelihood of any individual fundie to experience a paradigm shift, but I do sort of long for Jessa to come to her senses. I think she's tough and smart and contrary enough to break free, even though the reality is that she probably won't. :cry2:

I think Jessa is very unlikely to leave, not so much because of the strength of her religious conviction but because she has the type of personality that can make fundamentalism work very well for her. She's strong-willed enough to get her way in life while still technically following the rules, and stubborn enough to refuse to leave and admit she was wrong even if she were to start having doubts.

If she were to leave, though? It would be epic. That girl won't go quietly...she will loudly and publicly cut ties with her family and declare how stupid and wrong they are for believing everything she did just five minutes ago.

That's one of the reasons I want the show to end. As long as the family is so visible they're no chance in hell of any of them breaking away. Not that I think that most of them would, but without the show, the magazines, and the attention and money that comes with them, I think a few of them would break from conservative Christianity completely, while a good number would go fundie-lite.

Jessa is a very black-and-white, all or nothing person. If she switches views at all, it will be to another radical set of beliefs. I could see her being a jewish fundie (the Duggars love misappropriating Jewish tenets and symbols). If she left fundie-ism at all, she would be a bra-burning, MRA-tackling linebacker feminist. I just don't see that happening.

I think Jessa is very unlikely to leave, not so much because of the strength of her religious conviction but because she has the type of personality that can make fundamentalism work very well for her. She's strong-willed enough to get her way in life while still technically following the rules, and stubborn enough to refuse to leave and admit she was wrong even if she were to start having doubts.

If she were to leave, though? It would be epic. That girl won't go quietly...she will loudly and publicly cut ties with her family and declare how stupid and wrong they are for believing everything she did just five minutes ago.

That's one of the reasons I want the show to end. As long as the family is so visible they're no chance in hell of any of them breaking away. Not that I think that most of them would, but without the show, the magazines, and the attention and money that comes with them, I think a few of them would break from conservative Christianity completely, while a good number would go fundie-lite.

Even if Jessa did leave, she would never take any personal responsibility for her views.

Jessa is a very black-and-white, all or nothing person. If she switches views at all, it will be to another radical set of beliefs. I could see her being a jewish fundie (the Duggars love misappropriating Jewish tenets and symbols). If she left fundie-ism at all, she would be a bra-burning, MRA-tackling linebacker feminist. I just don't see that happening.

It might be fun to see her spout some crazy that I found less offensive that her current crazy. :lol:

I'm clinging to this fantasy right here!

I really hope derick can actually follow through with whatever plan he may have or Jill won't ever grow up.

Not that she's really grown up that much anyway.

Jill will never grow up as long as she's so close to the TTH. The only hope those three have is to go far, far away. Preferably not to a recently devastated country, but still.

Not to change the subject, but did anyone else smell spin-off in the Jill and Derick do Nepal announcement? :think:

OT: My money's on JD for the tell all.

Not to change the subject, but did anyone else smell spin-off in the Jill and Derick do Nepal announcement? :think:

OT: My money's on JD for the tell all.

I disagree. I don't think he has the energy or the bother for that sort of thing. Him and Jana both. I don't think either of them want to kick up a storm.

In truth, are any of them articulate enough to write a tell-all by themselves?

I'm vacillating between hoping the train wreck ends-- and wanting at least one child to go far far away (even if on TLC money)

I disagree. I don't think he has the energy or the bother for that sort of thing. Him and Jana both. I don't think either of them want to kick up a storm.

In truth, are any of them articulate enough to write a tell-all by themselves?

Of course they aren't. But it would take all of a nanosecond to find a ghost writer to take care of the actual writing part.

Even if Jessa did leave, she would never take any personal responsibility for her views.

Maybe not but it would be fun to watch.

I have always thought that Derick initially contacted JB for help as a financial sponsor for his mission trip.

Just a gut feeling that Derick was pointed in that direction.

Derick reached out to JB because he knew him. JB, Michelle, and Cathy are/were on the same charity. Someone here found that tidbit and posted it here.

If they are going to Nepal, the timing makes perfect sense to me. It's like when the Duggars with TLC cameras in tow went to "help" after a tornado. Making the huge "sacrifice" to "help" in a country devastated by a highly publicized earthquake is ratings gold. I don't really think that it was all TLC's idea or that they are--or were--financing the whole thing...more likely it's something Jill and Derrick vaguely wanted to do, the earthquake happened and they saw an great opportunity, and then approached TLC with, "Hey, we're going to Nepal. How about you film us for the show in exchange for making our lives there much easier?"

When the Duggars were in Birmingham, Alabama after the April 2011 tornado outbreak as part of Discovery Networks rebuilding project, they were rude and obnoxious. They didn't do much in the way of hard work. This is eleventy hand info, so take it with a giant bag of rock salt. The Storm Chasers crew clashed with the Duggars, Reed Timmer especially. Reed may be a famewhore, but he puts the profits from his famewhoring towards scientific research.

My sources of this information are people I know in the weather spotters and chasers grapevine. I have never met Reed Timmer or anyone on his team.

I can't see Ben as a future PP at all. He lacks that closeted gay man's vibe who is trying to masquerade as a manly straight man. I think THAT is what actually fuels the PP's epic hatred-having to constantly project to himself and others that he is some type of Hetero alpha male.

Ben is fanatically religious right now, but remember he has been a Calvinist and now is some type of Independent Baptist. He went from one to the other when Vision Forum collapsed. With Gothard publicly exposed I wouldn't be surprised if he was shopping for a new doctrine, which could just as easily go fundie lite. He is a 19 year old dabbler. Think of how many philosophies you tried between your late teens and about 25. He can definitely go either way, but he isn't hiding something to become a crazy like PP.

As for Jessa, she doesn't strike me as the type to settle for being barefoot, constantly pregnant, and POOR. She is going to pressure Ben to generate income, and I predict around kid#4 is going to go to Amy and ask her for a crash course in birth control options.

Jessa is a very black-and-white, all or nothing person. If she switches views at all, it will be to another radical set of beliefs. I could see her being a jewish fundie (the Duggars love misappropriating Jewish tenets and symbols).

I don't see them becoming born-again, Bible-believing, commandment-keepers, because that would mean sending Josh permanently away from the family.

"The nakedness of your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether born at home or born outside, their nakedness you shall not uncover … For whoever does any of these abominations, those persons who do them shall be cut off from among their people." Leviticus 18:9, 29

:naughty:

I can't see Ben as a future PP at all. He lacks that closeted gay man's vibe who is trying to masquerade as a manly straight man. I think THAT is what actually fuels the PP's epic hatred-having to constantly project to himself and others that he is some type of Hetero alpha male.

Ben is fanatically religious right now, but remember he has been a Calvinist and now is some type of Independent Baptist. He went from one to the other when Vision Forum collapsed. With Gothard publicly exposed I wouldn't be surprised if he was shopping for a new doctrine, which could just as easily go fundie lite. He is a 19 year old dabbler. Think of how many philosophies you tried between your late teens and about 25. He can definitely go either way, but he isn't hiding something to become a crazy like PP.

As for Jessa, she doesn't strike me as the type to settle for being barefoot, constantly pregnant, and POOR. She is going to pressure Ben to generate income, and I predict around kid#4 is going to go to Amy and ask her for a crash course in birth control options.

I agree PP gives off the self loathing gay vibe.

I don't see them becoming born-again, Bible-believing, commandment-keepers, because that would mean sending Josh permanently away from the family.

"The nakedness of your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether born at home or born outside, their nakedness you shall not uncover … For whoever does any of these abominations, those persons who do them shall be cut off from among their people." Leviticus 18:9, 29

:naughty:

Well clearly the Bible only has a strict literal interpretation when you are promoting your hate agenda against the LGBT community. Josh has been forgiven so he can still hang out with the rest of the family.

Well clearly the Bible only has a strict literal interpretation when you are promoting your hate agenda against the LGBT community. Josh has been forgiven so he can still hang out with the rest of the family.

So, Christians forgive incestuous child molesters but not homosexuals? Sounds like situational ethics to me.

:cray-cray:

Archived