IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

I don't know...looking at some of the photos it really doesn't seem like that fancy of a wedding reception to me. So a skirt and modest top probably wouldn't stand out too much.

Examples...(not breaking them because it's just Instagram so I don't think I need to.)

https://instagram.com/p/4hKPFMBibW/

https://instagram.com/p/4f7gjKMGxm/

https://instagram.com/p/4f4n2Rj-aB/

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derick posted a picture of him, Israel, and his Grandpa Dillard...presumably taken yesterday at the wedding since Derick is dressed a bit nicer. I think his smile is still odd...but maybe a little better than previous photos. Not quite as creepy, thankfully. Maybe he's getting used to the new shape of his mouth now.

It's a really nice photo. Makes me a bit sad that he won't have a 4-generation photo.

Maybe so. A couple of the men and boys in that pic look like they might be dressed down, too. Modesty panels at weddings have always made me crazy, though. :lol:

Dillard still mentions college though so he still has an education for israel in mind.

It ain't gonna happen if JIll home schools Izzy around the dinner table with a truck load of other kids. Or she sits them in front of tightly controlled computers and lets them figure it all out themselves.

Do we even know for certain that the Duggars vaccinate their kids or that the Dillards are? I see from a previous thread here (viewtopic.php?f=87&t=740) that no one seems to know for sure, and looking to sources outside FJ, all I found were more rumors and speculation. If indeed they don't vaccinate, then voila! Bringing a baby abroad shouldn't be an issue from their perspective.

I have no idea, but given they had a micropreemie I kind of think at least Josie must be fully vaxxed as she's traveled and with a micropreemie immune system she'd be dead with out vaccinations. IMO and experience with preemies.

Honestly, their medical beliefs don't strike me as out there. They're super cheap and always looking for a bargain, but when they needed braces they got 'em. Josie got the medical care she needed to live. They delivered her at 25 weeks to save Michelle rather than ride it out and have both of them die. So with vaccines being free, they probably get them.

If anyone wants to stalk his cousin's wedding photos on Instagram.... Palmereverafter is the hash tag people are using.

https://instagram.com/explore/tags/palmereverafter/

Not too many photos up yet. I see one video. No sign of Derick or Jill that I can see.

(Love that in an older picture with that tag, her husband has a Kelly Kapowski shirt on.)

Women with nose rings and men with long hair?! *gasp* Jeebus does not approve. For shame, Jillymuffin.

Re: The Dillards' "ministry": They are sanctimonious idiots and grifters. All they need is an RV.

Women with nose rings and men with long hair?! *gasp* Jeebus does not approve. For shame, Jillymuffin.

Re: The Dillards' "ministry": They are sanctimonious idiots and grifters. All they need is an RV.

But Jesus had long hair...

Lies! Jesus parted his hair on the left and sprayed it down with Aquanet. It did not go past his ears. This is factual.

Wasn't Jill the one who danced on the set of GMA with the hostess? I could have the wrong Duggar and the wrong TV show.

I wonder what goes on in her head when she goes to these events with Derick and sees other people dancing. Is she tempted at all? She might not want to try dancing due to fears of being photographed, in which case I feel very sorry for her. She did not choose this crazy cult with its absurd rules, it chose her. Some day she may try to break some of the rules laid down by Gothard, Michelle, and JB but it will take some bravery. For now, she just has to sit on the sidelines and pretend that she is better than anyone else because she doesn't dance.

She did dance on GMA.

One thing I noted about this wedding and the last, the bride and bridesmaids and guests are mainly professing Christians, and almost all of the ones I stalked, I mean saw, were college educated and had careers. So I have a teeeny shred of hope that Jill can see that you can be married and Christian and still have a job or pants. Everything is so black and white for the Duggars.

Jill danced on GMA? I'd like to see that.

She didn't really dance. It was a behind the scenes shot in the green room or something, a woman from the show sort of grabbed Jill's hands, raised them up and moved them around and there was some hip swaying, maybe? There wasn't even any music. It's lasted, at most, 5 seconds, and they were in the background.

She did dance on GMA.

One thing I noted about this wedding and the last, the bride and bridesmaids and guests are mainly professing Christians, and almost all of the ones I stalked, I mean saw, were college educated and had careers. So I have a teeeny shred of hope that Jill can see that you can be married and Christian and still have a job or pants. Everything is so black and white for the Duggars.

My guess is that Jillymuffin sees herself (and family) as the ULTIMATE Christians-- the Gold Standard. Kind of like not all Catholics can be priests or nuns, but other Catholics admire the strength of this devotion. I'm sure the Duggars often hear from other Christians how impressive the Duggar dedication is. The Duggars know a woman CAN wear pants, but if she really cares she will wear the skirts etc.

And with the Dullards going now on a long term mission, I'm guessing she might now even consider herself to be the elite of the elite.

Archived