IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick question: Is this all just speculation or has the Nepal trip been confirmed? Maybe I'm completely naive, but I honestly think he just took a job somewhere else. The announcement could have been the news that they were moving for the new job and Boob just didn't expect it.

It's rumors from the Daily Fail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nting.html

It seems kinda legit? But still very thin evidence. I want to know where they got the screengrabs.

The season 11(?) preview from the Erica Hill interview special.

Okay. It looked like leaked new footage to me, but I'm probably wrong. :D

I sure hope they go to Nepal. Having been involved in a highly publicized situation (online, TV, press, twitter, even AOL homepage) I can say it is very hard being in the public eye and being discussed about, and for kids it's even worse. One of my children was in their early 20's and this child went to counseling for depression caused by the pressure and it was a bust as we realized we needed a mental health professional who had experience with media exposure and there really weren't any where we live. So this child left to study abroad and it was the best decision ever. Outside of the US this child could put it in perspective and see how our media uses people's sorrows to gain viewership. And the best part was this child's group of international friends made who constantly were amazed at the story and what the media did to my older child and usually then would remark, "You Americans are so strange the way you hound innocent people." It helped this child of mine and maybe it would help Jill gain perspective to be away from the TTH and the media and all the goings on. Sorry for the rant but this media stuff is a very personal issue to me.

edit: i am jewish, jews are very good with money. take that comment as you will.

I'm not, but I was sure ready to jump all over that comment, lol! Good save. . . .

:cracking-up:

I sure hope they go to Nepal. Having been involved in a highly publicized situation (online, TV, press, twitter, even AOL homepage) I can say it is very hard being in the public eye and being discussed about, and for kids it's even worse. One of my children was in their early 20's and this child went to counseling for depression caused by the pressure and it was a bust as we realized we needed a mental health professional who had experience with media exposure and there really weren't any where we live. So this child left to study abroad and it was the best decision ever. Outside of the US this child could put it in perspective and see how our media uses people's sorrows to gain viewership. And the best part was this child's group of international friends made who constantly were amazed at the story and what the media did to my older child and usually then would remark, "You Americans are so strange the way you hound innocent people." It helped this child of mine and maybe it would help Jill gain perspective to be away from the TTH and the media and all the goings on. Sorry for the rant but this media stuff is a very personal issue to me.

There's quite a large difference between studying abroad and taking yourself and your newborn to a country in the midst of chaos thanks to multiple natural disasters. Going to Nepal would not be a smart or responsible choice given the current state of events... I'm all for getting them out of the limelight, but they can do that without putting themselves and their child at risk by willingly entering an unstable situation. If they're willing to needlessly spend money just to get out of the States (despite Jill not working at all, even though she's bent on having as many children as possible), they would be far better served by simply going on vacation or perhaps serving as missionaries in a less dangerous area.

There is a gulf of difference between a family who strives to lead a private life and is suddenly thrust in the spotlight, and a family that puts every excruciating detail: dentist visits, periods, laundry, bedrooms, tot casserole, personal habits, et al on camera for profit. The children, although they didn't arrange this, certainly have loved and benefitted from the lifestyle of Fundie royalty...magazine covers, mega weddings, ghost written books and assorted grifting. They can't now cry "invasion of PRIVACY!!! Eleventy!!!!!" Well, they can and do, but the hypocrisy burns.

It's rumors from the Daily Fail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nting.html

It seems kinda legit? But still very thin evidence. I want to know where they got the screengrabs.

The caption on that one pictures says "a shirtless Joseph" but he's clearly wearing a shirt. Ha!

Josiah and his girlfriend have the same eyes. It's creepy.

The caption on that one pictures says "a shirtless Joseph" but he's clearly wearing a shirt. Ha!

TRUE. They kind of look like they go together, but I couldn't figure out why.

It's totally the eyes.

In the end, I didn't get treatment till I got home. It was annoying and the wire hurt from poking me in the cheek, so I finally found something to snip it and then just tried not do any more damage. When I got home and got it fixed I had a headache that lasted a couple of days.

My orthodontist also required you get your teeth cleaned every three months while you're going through treatment so there was that along with the every-six-week adjustments. I felt so tied down during that time and I didn't have jaw surgery which would complicate things further. Derick's timing seems off if they're moving. I can't imagine.

In the end, I didn't get treatment till I got home. It was annoying and the wire hurt from poking me in the cheek, so I finally found something to snip it and then just tried not do any more damage. When I got home and got it fixed I had a headache that lasted a couple of days.

My orthodontist also required you get your teeth cleaned every three months while you're going through treatment so there was that along with the every-six-week adjustments. I felt so tied down during that time and I didn't have jaw surgery which would complicate things further. Derick's timing seems off if they're moving. I can't imagine.

I had a friend who had jaw surgery which I think was to repair an underbite and make room room for teeth that were being corrected. Lol, I don't remember exactly what the reasoning was but after surgery and years of braces she did look much better but it was SUPER painful according to her.

It's this kind of high-quality reporting on which all this speculation is based. :lol:

I'm not saying they're not going to Nepal, because even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but I haven't seen anything to convince me that's the case.

They have ignored my posts telling them exactly why they're getting called out too. Lascuba should feel honored to get replies! :lol:

Indeed, I have rather ignored your collective posts, jews and non-jews alike. Because Ive been at work, I havent the time to reply to all the trolling of my posts as part of your collective police-state. So, start-up your eye-rolling engines, because here is my response. :auto-dirtbike: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you are offended by the statement of Jessa handing money like a jew, and consider it anti-semitic, you are allowed to feel that way. And Im sorry you feel that way. And again, I am sorry to offend. Unfortunately, the matter is subjective. My point being, that Jessa is well-off, and will remain so, because "she handles money like a jew". You can interpret it any way you choose. However, I submit to the argument that economic anti-semitism is not a distinct form of anti-semitism and stems from theological causes (Because I may be Jewish, and furthermore, an accountant, but I am comfortable with my personhood and confident and secure in my heritage.). You cannot curb free speech in this world, and inevitably you will cross this stereotype again, so I encourage those of you offended by the stereotype to find new healthy ways to approach it.

Thank-you to everyone who sent me a PM, apologizing for the, "attacks" and bullying. I wouldnt want to come between a new poster and the Free Jinger police-statelynch-mob either. edit: Like I said, I come in peace!! Peace I tell you!

Indeed, I have rather ignored your collective posts, jews and non-jews alike. Because Ive been at work, I havent the time to reply to all the trolling of my posts as part of your collective police-state. So, start-up your eye-rolling engines, because here is my response. :auto-dirtbike: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you are offended by the statement of Jessa handing money like a jew, and consider it anti-semitic, you are allowed to feel that way. And Im sorry you feel that way. And again, I am sorry to offend. Unfortunately, the matter is subjective. My point being, that Jessa is well-off, and will remain so, because "she handles money like a jew". You can interpret it any way you choose. However, I submit to the argument that economic anti-semitism is not a distinct form of anti-semitism and stems from theological causes (Because I may be Jewish, and furthermore, an accountant, but I am comfortable with my personhood and confident and secure in my heritage.). You cannot curb free speech in this world, and inevitably you will cross this stereotype again, so I encourage those of you offended by the stereotype to find new healthy ways to approach it.

Thank-you to everyone who sent me a PM, apologizing for the, "attacks" and bullying. I wouldnt want to come between a new poster and the Free Jinger police-state either. edit: Like I said, I come in peace!!

Secret PM army to the rescue! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that! You can stay. You're fun.

When was the last time the secret PM army made an appearance? Did Ken pull that card during his visit here?

I never get a secret PM army. :snooty:

Anyway, I wasn't pointing out that you were ignoring the Jewish people who said it was offensive because you took some days off to work, you skipped right over their posts and responded to other people.

You want to ignore that this stereotype is almost always used as an insult and has been used as propaganda to persecute Jews, but the rest of us aren't. Come in peace but don't remain in ignorance of what that stereotype means to most people.

I never get a secret PM army. :snooty:

Me neither. I feel so left out....kind of like how Jennifer must feel everyday.

Thank-you to everyone who sent me a PM, apologizing for the, "attacks" and bullying. I wouldnt want to come between a new poster and the Free Jinger police-state either. edit: Like I said, I come in peace!!

Ahahahaha it's funny that you think we're the trolls.

DL8m5in.png

About thinking Derek was a better man... I was about to say he showed who he was by getting involved with this crazy group, but if he loves Jill I'm glad he didn't let her nutso family get in the way of being with her. What shows who he really is, to me, is that he is STILL hanging around with the Duggars and not getting his family out of there and making a life with them.

I've been thinking about this family more than I should, and am getting ready to burst with my thoughts!

I think Derrick has fallen into this cult hook line and sinker. I don't think he'll be the voice of reason in his little family, nor do I think he would listen to his mother (if she should disagree with his lifestyle choices), especially if he feels that ATI is the true path to Godliness.

The more I think on it, the more I am stunned that he allowed Jill to do the interview. Derrick has lived in the world, and he must know that brothers touching sisters isn't normal behavior (whereas, Jill might actually believe the tripe about "curiosity" and how normal it is due to her sheltered upbringing), and yet he let Jill expose her ignorance to the world.

Personally, I think Derrick and Jill with gravitate closer to fundamentalist, although it may be different than her parents' brand, rather than away.

Jessa and Ben, on the other hand, I believe will move towards more fundi-lite Christianity.

I've been thinking about this family more than I should, and am getting ready to burst with my thoughts!

I think Derrick has fallen into this cult hook line and sinker. I don't think he'll be the voice of reason in his little family, nor do I think he would listen to his mother (if she should disagree with his lifestyle choices), especially if he feels that ATI is the true path to Godliness.

The more I think on it, the more I am stunned that he allowed Jill to do the interview. Derrick has lived in the world, and he must know that brothers touching sisters isn't normal behavior (whereas, Jill might actually believe the tripe about "curiosity" and how normal it is due to her sheltered upbringing), and yet he let Jill expose her ignorance to the world.

Personally, I think Derrick and Jill with gravitate closer to fundamentalist, although it may be different than her parents' brand, rather than away.

Jessa and Ben, on the other hand, I believe will move towards more fundi-lite Christianity.

I completely agree with Pearl. When Derick was first introduced I had such high hopes that he would be the voice of reason and rescue Jill from her extreme fundieism. Instead, the opposite occurred. He sounds more and more like JB every TH. Meanwhile, Benjermin, who bent over backwards for JB, has shown some inking of independent thought (albeit small). That said, I still think B is obnoxious and overly full of himself with his preaching.

!  {TEXT1}:
This seems like it might be an appropriate time to remind people about the Foe list. If you add someone to your Foe list, their posts will be invisible to you.

To Foe someone, click on their username to go to their Profile page. Click on "Add foe." Voila!

Not any that I worked for during my career. If you're not there to do the work, they have to pay someone else, as the work still needs to get done.

Missing chunks of work points to being unreliable. While being unreliable might be accepted in the short term for a very seasoned and proven employee, generally not so for a newbie.

I'l admit, I thought Derick was a better man. I was wrong.

Yeah, early in my work life, I very nearly lost a job over absenteeism because of situations outside of work. I solved the problem by changing jobs and the situations so I wouldn't go through it again.

I know folks here are disappointed in him, hoping that with a degree and more mainstream background, that maybe he would lead Jill out of Duggarland plus be his own man. However, he's been through a lot of changes related to marriage, baby, mom's serious illness, new job (perhaps his first post college). That's a lot to adjust to for any normal person. However, Derick is not in a normal situation given the crazy fundie family he married into who also has a reality show with expectations of him appearing on it. There's pressure on him as a member of the family to help keep the gravy train going which could conflict with his own plans and aspirations. He's in an extraordinary situation and he probably wasn't at all prepared for it. It's possible that this new job, assuming that it's with another employer, might be a first step to take back his life. I hope that is the case.

Is it possible to "un-Foe" someone?

Yes.

From your User Control Panel, under the Friends & Foes tab.

Ahahahaha it's funny that you think we're the trolls.

DL8m5in.png

By the way, I didnt call anyone a troll, I used the word as a verb.

But how cute!! You are so kind. Thank-you for that, Halcionne. Although, I dont know what you look like, so in all actuality, you could very well be a troll! :nenner:

Again, Dear Free Jinger members, I apologize and am sorry any of you have taken offense. But please, feel free to patronize me if it makes you feel better.

Archived