IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

Woah there, snarkers! Slow down!

Jill and Derrick? TLC have listened to their ratings!! And they are very much behind their trip to Nepal (IMO). However, I find TLC to be negligent for filming (nay - paying!) their bringing an unvaccinated, at-risk infant into a ravaged, dangerous Nepal. Accordingly, Jill's decision-making regarding her baby's birth tells me she isn't big on vaccinating and has signed off on sole responsibility regarding Israels health-risks. She may be an adult, but she is too naive to be signing off on any legal papers, let alone comprehending them.

Ben and Jessa are set financially, at least by Arkansas standards. By marrying Jessa, unemployed-teen Ben married into a job. And she handles money as if she were jewish, obv. a trait passed down to her by JBoob. These two will have speaking gigs set up for quite some time, spewing testimony of their pure courtship. I foresee them starting a ministry of their own in the future. Jessa cannot resist. She is a zealot. :cray-cray:

And Josh? He will eventually come out of hiding, for speaking his testimony, for a fee of course. Over and again. :music-tool:

I hope Jim Boob does not employ his children under a Duggar LLC, and I hope the older ones have been paid directly by TLC. If the latter is the case, the married couples should be fine. However, the idea he does employ them under a Duggar, LLC., gives me a bad feeling - and that means it is probably the case that all of the younger children are being screwed. Obv. they have no college funds. I wonder about the laws in Ark. regarding their pay.

We can only have patience, for the younger ones may bring us redemption, in time, by coming out of the woodworks with their stories! Patience, we must have! Haha. :pray:

:pink-shock:

Seriously? You seriously thought that was a good idea to say?

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wtf: :(

Could you get any more offensive? Nevermind, I'm sure you could.

Oh wow, in my annoyed skimming, I missed that part.

edit: i am jewish, jews are very good with money. take that comment as you will.

Oh well okay then!

:evil-eye:

:pink-shock:

Seriously? You seriously thought that was a good idea to say?

I am Jewish.

And Jews are good with money - that is what it means! Some may interpret it as meaning 'cheap', but take it as you will.

We are really trying to find flaws in others posts, arent we? Please let this be about the Duggars.

edit: :) :) :) :) Sorry to offend.

Oh well okay then!

:evil-eye:

FullmoonOverDuggardWaters: You MAY be Jewish, but you certainly don't have a Yiddishe kop (Jewish head, common sense).

Love this ^^^^^.

Just because its "your" stereotype, doesn't mean it isn't incredibly thoughtless. And it identifies you as someone who may very willingly hold a metric fuckton of stereotypes about other groups.

I am Jewish.

And Jews are good with money - that is what it means! Some may interpret it as meaning 'cheap', but take it as you will.

We are really trying to find flaws in others posts, arent we? Please let this be about the Duggars.

Also Jewish and good with money, but no, that is not at all what the phrase means. It isn't that I'm trying to find flaws in posts, its that something that offensive jumps out at you.

FullmoonOverDuggardWaters: You MAY be Jewish, but you certainly don't have a Yiddishe kop (Jewish head, common sense).

Well, arent we clever? Go ahead, stir the pot. :stir-pot:

Let it be known that I am friendly and only mean well. I love this forum, its great platform for discussion. Intelligent discussion*. I would very much appreciate if we could go back to that place, instead of fleecing a new poster.

*edit: intelligent discussion AND OPINION

I am Jewish.

We don't have to try and find flaws in other people's posts when it's stated so bluntly.

And yeah, that isn't what that phrase means at all, at least not in the U.S. There are better ways to make your point then to throw around stereotypes.

Umm, I'm going to assume that anyone who can so casually state--in a message board with a presumably majority non-Jewish membership, no less--that "jews are good with money" isn't actually Jewish. It's like when people say something racist and then claim they have black friends and/or family. Don't believe them.

Let it be known that I am friendly and only mean well. I love this forum, its great platform for discussion. Intelligent discussion*. I would very much appreciate if we could go back to that place, instead of fleecing a new poster.

I think you're fine...I am not Jewish and wish I were better with money.

Jessa doesn't take prisoners. And if Bin has a two year degree in Business, he can work, and they will be fine. They can't be paying much if anything for that house.

People here call others out. Sorry-- asking us nicely to just ignore harmful stereotypes based on the claim that you are Jewish isn't going to fly.

Umm, I'm going to assume that anyone who can so casually state--in a message board with a presumably majority non-Jewish membership, no less--that "jews are good with money" isn't actually Jewish. It's like when people say something racist and then claim they have black friends and/or family. Don't believe them.

So, now youre going to joining the party. Great.

Again, I come in peace. I have made that clear. I'm sorry if I threw in a stereotype that some may find offense in. Jessa is cheap. JimBoob is cheap. Yes, Ive noticed that. Jokes are not to be taken seriously. We poke fun at the Duggar's religion, we make jokes and stereotypes at their expense. But even so, I apologized.

But no, lets not move on; instead lets continue to persecute the new Jew in the forum because she makes a comparative jest poking fun of her own heritage. AND apologized for it. Ive enjoyed this forum. Up until now. This is not great. I was only trying to join the conversation. Why are we pointing fingers at one another? There is a lot of negativity here.

Oh dear God! Please don't let this turn Derick into another John Shrader!

I'm hoping maybe he got a good job elsewhere to get his wive and son out of Duggar hell. Please let that be the case.

Again, I come in peace. I have made that clear. I'm sorry if I threw in a stereotype that some may find offense in. Jessa is cheap. JimBoob is cheap. Yes, Ive noticed that. Jokes are not to be taken seriously. We poke fun at the Duggar's religion, we make jokes and stereotypes at their expense. But even so, I apologized.

But no, lets not move on; instead lets continue to persecute the new Jew in the forum because she makes a comparative jest poking fun of her own heritage. AND apologized for it. Ive enjoyed this forum. Up until now. This is not great. I was only trying to join the conversation. Why are we pointing fingers at one another? There is a lot of negativity here.

The reason people are calling you out is because we are a self-policing forum who have had a huge amount of growing pains recently. There has been a huge influx of new users due to the molestation allegations and not all of them have taken the time to a) understand the board culture and b) taken the time to read the forum rules.

If you took the time to look around for a bit, you'd see that threads go off topic constantly and it isn't a big deal most of the time. You said something people found offensive. We called you out on it. It happens all the time on here.

To the extent you apologized thank you. I will say that when I say I'm sorry with a longer list of justifications than the apology and point fingers at others people in my life do not accept it as sincere, with good reason.

I also will say, its not just your heritage, its belongs to others on this board as well who found your statement hurtful and if others had not also said it was not okay I would be feeling hurt and unwelcome. These stereotypes are extremely hurtful, problematic and should be pointed out when used.

All that said, yes they are cheep, and if Jessa had access to much of her money from the shows, magazines and books then I would expect she has some nice savings.

To the extent you apologized thank you. I will say that when I say I'm sorry with a longer list of justifications than the apology and point fingers at others people in my life do not accept it as sincere, with good reason.

I also will say, its not just your heritage, its belongs to others on this board as well who found your statement hurtful and if others had not also said it was not okay I would be feeling hurt and unwelcome. These stereotypes are extremely hurtful, problematic and should be pointed out when used.

All that said, yes they are cheep, and if Jessa had access to much of her money from the shows, magazines and books then I would expect she has some nice savings.

I certainly hope that Jessa and Ben were wise enough to put some money away. I will say that I'm relieved that Ben finished his Associate's degree before this news broke. It may not be as attractive as a Bachelors, but its still something. I'd love to see him continue his education, but it may not be practical at the moment due to the scandal, the show possibly ending, and their first kid on the way.

Nepal is is a different story though. There are additional heath hazards in areas that have suffered a major disaster.

Oh dear God! Please don't let this turn Derick into another John Shrader!

I'm hoping maybe he got a good job elsewhere to get his wive and son out of Duggar hell. Please let that be the case.

I'm still holding out hope on Izzy's behalf that D just got a new, better job. I think it's possible that inquisitr got it wrong and just published rumors of Nepal. At least I hope so. Alternatively, if TLC is paying, things might not be so bad for Izzy. His mom and dad can play missionary and have some nice shelter with nice food and lots of spare change to go on with. But if TLC is not involved, D & J might just be idiotic and fervent enough to go the Shrader route on purpose. Poor Izzy. :(

This is just my opinion but I think if the Dillards had gone to a developing country to do mission work, I would not be upset if it had some humanitarian component to it. Also, Nepal isn't just a developing country--it is a developing country in the midst of recovery from a major natural disaster. They don't need a woman with no skills and an infant, but Derick alone could be really helpful as he has been there before and probably has contacts, understands the language, culture etc. Wouldn't it be great if Walmart was able to donate a lot of materials needed for the relief effort and Derick could coordinate that? I am very disappointed that he may have quit his job at Walmart. I think that was the last shred of his independence from the Duggar lifestyle.

This is just my opinion but I think if the Dillards had gone to a developing country to do mission work, I would not be upset if it had some humanitarian component to it. Also, Nepal isn't just a developing country--it is a developing country in the midst of recovery from a major natural disaster. They don't need a woman with no skills and an infant, but Derick alone could be really helpful as he has been there before and probably has contacts, understands the language, culture etc. Wouldn't it be great if Walmart was able to donate a lot of materials needed for the relief effort and Derick could coordinate that? I am very disappointed that he may have quit his job at Walmart. I think that was the last shred of his independence from the Duggar lifestyle.

It's unlikely that [if they're going] they're going to actually productively help people. They're going to Nepal to take advantage of the disaster and hand out bibles to try to convince shattered, devastated people that if they only had God and ATI, they could be happy and avoid all future disasters.

Things to remember (not specifically directed at umsami):

1. The auto-reply on his email clearly says he doesn't work there anymore because he has work elsewhere.

2. Nepal trip isn't confirmed.

3. Derick can't be away from his orthodontist for more than six weeks or so.

As an adult who went through orthodontia a few years ago (and I did the old-fashioned wires & brackets, not Invisalign), he might need more than to be seen every six weeks. I went to Europe for three weeks and broke a bracket. It wasn't the end of the world but it was a problem. It appears he had jaw surgery prior to the orthodontics.....which is very tricky with not just teeth moving but bones healing, etc. It takes time and a lot of monitoring. That plus the baby being so tiny makes me think they're not going to Nepal. Maybe somewhere a bit more developed, at least for now. Then again, that's me thinking logically.

I certainly hope that Jessa and Ben were wise enough to put some money away. I will say that I'm relieved that Ben finished his Associate's degree before this news broke. It may not be as attractive as a Bachelors, but its still something. I'd love to see him continue his education, but it may not be practical at the moment due to the scandal, the show possibly ending, and their first kid on the way.

Going back to school is exceedingly practical. I suspect JB has enough money in the bank to keep the family going for a few years and they could take this time to go the fuck away and invest in the future. In two or four years nobody but us will remember them and they could work in regular careers like most folks do.

I know it's not the same situation, but this scandal got me thinking about Jeff Giloolly, the man who bashed in Nancy Kerrigan's knee at the 1992 Winter Olympics. He changed his name (and his attitude--something no Duggar has done) and has mostly been able to make an anonymous middle class living. http://deadspin.com/finding-gillooly-wh ... 1482669790

I know it's not the same situation, but this scandal got me thinking about Jeff Giloolly, the man who bashed in Nancy Kerrigan's knee at the 1992 Winter Olympics. He changed his name (and his attitude--something no Duggar has done) and has mostly been able to make an anonymous middle class living. http://deadspin.com/finding-gillooly-wh ... 1482669790

It was at the 1994 U.S. Nationals.

(Sorry....figure skating geek interruption...resume regular programming)

The reason people are calling you out is because we are a self-policing forum who have had a huge amount of growing pains recently. There has been a huge influx of new users due to the molestation allegations and not all of them have taken the time to a) understand the board culture and b) taken the time to read the forum rules.

If you took the time to look around for a bit, you'd see that threads go off topic constantly and it isn't a big deal most of the time. You said something people found offensive. We called you out on it. It happens all the time on here.

Thank-you for your reply, VelociRapture.

After apologizing, I must come to my own defense. Frankly, my comment was just snark! I have looked around, quite a bit and will continue to do so. This is an ant-fundamentalist forum. In fact, there is a forum just for Judaism. And making a jest/snark at a fundamental part of Orthodox Judaism as required by the Torah, in passing, fits the bill. Obviously, the duggars also value these fundamentals, hence my mentioning them.

In the wake of your growing pains, please be mindful in becoming a police-state. You have chased me away for the time-being.

Archived