IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

You know what? Good. I'm glad he left Walmart. I hope he IS working for JB or ATI or is going to join up some asinine missionary group. This is why I'm so desperate for TLC to cancel the show. I need these people to live the lives that should be the natural consequences of being willfully ignorant and deliberately uneducated. Debt-free, homeschool only with Gothard-approved materials, only work "independently" because working for someone else is seen as less no matter how broke and unskilled you might be? And on top of that you get involved in political movements with aims to force everyone to either live like you or live to serve you and your "army?" I need you and your kids to live like the Schraders. I need you to chose to be out of a real job so long that your education is no longer worth a damn and you can't get a job anywhere. I'll consider sympathy and compassion for your stupid ass the day you wake up and realize that you're part of an evil, controlling cult and that you spent years of your life not only believing in it but doing your utmost to spread that poison to others.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Derick resigned from Wal-Mart because Jill is so distraught, he feels unable to leave her home alone with Izzy every day? I hope that's not the reason. If he and Jill already had plans to go missionizing, then go ahead and go. Not the decision I would make with an infant, but then again, I'm not someone who would schedule jaw surgery right around the birth of my first child either. Nor consider JimBob an authority on anything. Or choose as my spouse someone who constantly talks over me.

On the other hand, to give Derick the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he put any TLC money that he and Jill have been paid to date directly into savings. If JimBob really didn't charge them any rent, or a very reduced rent, maybe he was also putting a lot of his paychecks into savings as well. I hope this is the case.

TBH, I don't really care what Derick and Jill do. I just hope they don't beat their kids with rulers, rods or other implements, and call it love.

I know there are paying jobs in the mission field and I'm hoping that is what it is, anything to separate themselves from the Duggars. Does that mean Josiah gets the house when he marries if they move out?

I don't think Josiah will be getting married any time soon.

I agree with frugalitymom - Jill and Derick are getting out of Dodge and and extended mission trip is probably the way they'll do it. Derick seemed to love his time in Nepal and being tax accountant for Wal-mart with a clingy wife and a newborn at home was probably difficult for him to adapt to. Toss in the the Josh scandal, and I'd leave Arkansas too.

Did you know the houses (exterior) they show on the Kardashians aren't their real homes? That just came out last year, they kept it a secret until then. I thought it was a very smart move on their part.

I didn't know that (I've never watched the Kardashians so I've never seen their homes) but that's most definitely a smart move on their part, and it just blows me away that the Duggars didn't see a problem with advertising where their kids were living.

Cathy really needs to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with Jill and Derick about all of this. Somebody needs to intervene and help them deal with this.

She should have done that in December of 2013.

True. However I don't think that WM would want the bad publicity because they fired a young Dad who has to support a family. Even people who don't like the Duggars in general wouldn't approve of that. And the Duggars would bring it up and complain about "persecution".

I think the biggest grocery store in the world could easily weather the DuggarDillards complaints.

Cathy really needs to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with Jill and Derick about all of this. Somebody needs to intervene and help them deal with this.

Why do people think that Cathy is some sort of rock of common sense? If she was, she'd have told Derrick to stay away from the Duggar circus from the beginning! She's probably just as batshit crazy as the rest of them.

Why does that Walmart reply email look photo-shopped?

It's probably true and they are going into mission for the time being.

She should have done that in December of 2013.

Maybe she tried? Just because she doesn't speak out in public against their cult doesn't mean she approves of their lifestyle.

I didn't know that (I've never watched the Kardashians so I've never seen their homes) but that's most definitely a smart move on their part, and it just blows me away that the Duggars didn't see a problem with advertising where their kids were living.

probably because they had a gate - now Ben and Jessa don't have a gate and I am surprised no leghumpers never knock on their door

Maybe she tried? Just because she doesn't speak out in public against their cult doesn't mean she approves of their lifestyle.

True:)

Why do people think that Cathy is some sort of rock of common sense? If she was, she'd have told Derrick to stay away from the Duggar circus from the beginning! She's probably just as batshit crazy as the rest of them.

Many parents have told their children to stay away from people or things, and the success rate of such parental interventions is well below 100%.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know Cathy, she could be as crazy as the Duggars are. But to me, she doesn't seem like a lunatic fundie. A conservative Christian sure. But she certainly doesn't live a fundie lifestyle, not in the past and not now.

I don't know why the email looks the way it does, but I was curious and sent Derick an email. I got the exact same robomessage. It's real.

This folks are all idiots- every.single.one.of.them.

Hope he has something else lined up- with health care benefits.

Ugh. I was afraid of this. When I read about the trip to Nepal I thought he might quit his job. I just wish Jill hadn't had a baby. If they were a young, childless couple off to explore the world I would applaud them. As it is I find it worrisome that he only worked at WalMart for 18 mo or so and then quit shortly after taking paternity leave. That's not going to look great on his CV. I'll bet his boss is feeling a bit pissed.

If they're actually going to Nepal for "mission" work with a 3 month old baby they're dumber than I thought.

Many parents have told their children to stay away from people or things, and the success rate of such parental interventions is well below 100%.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know Cathy, she could be as crazy as the Duggars are. But to me, she doesn't seem like a lunatic fundie. A conservative Christian sure. But she certainly doesn't live a fundie lifestyle, not in the past and not now.

OR, she could have been fighting aggressive cancer during the bulk of this whirlwind and, I don't know, decided to let her grown adult son make his own (poor) decisions. I don't know about you guys, but my parents pretty much stopped telling me what to do with my personal life well before the age of 25...

OR, she could have been fighting aggressive cancer during the bulk of this whirlwind and, I don't know, decided to let her grown adult son make his own (poor) decisions. I don't know about you guys, but my parents pretty much stopped telling me what to do with my personal life well before the age of 25...

I wouldn't compare how I was raised to how any of those fools were raised.

They all seem to be poor decision makers.

My Dad called me up days before my wedding and said, "I don't think you should marry this guy." As it turned out he was right-- but I just got angry with him. So, no, I don't think Derick's mom would have been able to change his mind. Jill's dad would have been able to stop the wedding (I think) because she was raised to be blindly obedient but I don't think Derick was raised that way.

Does that email not look real to anyone else? Why is tax and accountant on two separate lines? Marmalade, you sent an email and got the same response. Do we know that is his legitimate Walmart employee email?

My Dad called me up days before my wedding and said, "I don't think you should marry this guy." As it turned out he was right-- but I just got angry with him. So, no, I don't think Derick's mom would have been able to change his mind. Jill's dad would have been able to stop the wedding (I think) because she was raised to be blindly obedient but I don't think Derick was raised that way.

Especially since, as he became more religious than his mother, he could tell himself he was following God's path and she was trying to hold him back from that. I don't know what Cathy thinks about the Duggars and the man her son has become and the direction he's taken...it could very well be that she's completely approving and happy with everything, or fine with his lifestyle and the family but not a fan of the tv thing. But if she really does disapprove of his marrying into that family and the decisions and compromises he's made since then, the smart--if painful--thing to do is to keep her mouth shut. When he started courting/got engaged he was to enamored of the theology and the lifestyle and Jill to have listened to reason if Cathy were to offer any. Now his married with a baby. He's stuck. Even if she wanted to, Cathy knows that saying anything could mean alienating her son and having limited, if any, contact with her grandson.

There's really no reasoning with people when it comes to religion or love. People just have to be left alone to fuck things up and hopefully they'll wake up one day.

Does that email not look real to anyone else? Why is tax and accountant on two separate lines? Marmalade, you sent an email and got the same response. Do we know that is his legitimate Walmart employee email?

The only way to test your hypothesis would be to email the two people whose contact information is in the email. I'm not that stupid. :penguin-no:

eta: The area code checks out as Northwest Arkansas, but if those are work cell numbers, the people may well answer them, even now at 10pm Arkansas time. Not that I'd even attempt it, but *someone* might, especially one of Pickles' regulars. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Archived