IGNORED

All THINGS DILLARD - Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The link at the bottom of the last thread isn't working properly. Just thought I'd let you know.

Anyway....

I think Israel is a cute enough baby. And I remember in one of the many recap-type episodes, they showed a photo of Jill as a baby. Israel is very similar.

I've just been reading the comments on the latest Israel pic on Instagram and they are in a majority HUGELY supportive of the Duggars - plus it's gotten 150,000 likes...

So either the Dillys are quickly deleting any negativity, or its a scary, scary leg-humping world out there.... :evil-eye:

Re: the cloth diapers. Yup, those are the same BumGenius diapers that I have (I can tell by the placement of the expansion snaps). And they probably bought their own rather than using a diaper service, because diaper services usually use all one neutral color rather than any fun designs. Someone said we'll see how long they last if they have to launder for multiple kids in cloth diapers, that's true, but also if all their kids are freaking huge, they might not expand enough to fit them until they're old enough to potty train.

JB & Michelle are posting from their Facebook page telling everyone to check out the new album Jill and Derick put of Israel on their blog. For people who want privacy, they sure love attention. Clearly they are trying to distract from the molestation scandal and get everyone to move on. I bet they are wondering how many supporters they can gain back.

post-620-14452000389553_thumb.jpg

Definitely trying to distract from the molestation.

I think it's okay that there aren't tons of hateful comments on her Instagram photo of a baby.

I remember Anna saying she used cloth diapers for M1 but when M2 came along that pretty much ended.

Definitely trying to distract from the molestation.

I think it's okay that there aren't tons of hateful comments on her Instagram photo of a baby.

I remember Anna saying she used cloth diapers for M1 but when M2 came along that pretty much ended.

That is exactly why they did it. They are using Israel's pictures to woo supporters back since they know that no one is going to say anything negative on a post or update about a baby. Also, the media is eating it up. People and US Magazine have released articles on Jill's baby update.

Not surprising that they would use baby Izzy that way. Kind of annoying to me though.

JB & Michelle are posting from their Facebook page telling everyone to check out the new album Jill and Derick put of Israel on their blog. For people who want privacy, they sure love attention. Clearly they are trying to distract from the molestation scandal and get everyone to move on. I bet they are wondering how many supporters they can gain back.

Any negative comments are being deleted, too. I've seen negative comments vanish. :roll:

The link at the bottom of the last thread isn't working properly. Just thought I'd let you know.

Thank you. It's fixed now.

In the future if you spot something like that, just report the post. It'll get someone's attention more quickly.

Thank you. It's fixed now.

In the future if you spot something like that, just report the post. It'll get someone's attention more quickly.

Okay. I wasn't sure what the best thing to do would be. Thanks.

Not surprising that they would use baby Izzy that way. Kind of annoying to me though.

I don't want to be too cynical, since hell, he is her baby and parents are all about posting pictures of their babies no matter the circumstances, but...yeah, this very much might be a distraction technique. He is getting cute now, though. Too bad his mom thinks he's a potential child predator.

My kid's one month photo vs. his two month photo looks like a completely different kids. I think they start to get cuter around this time for sure.

Well, I think this whole episode is their first real test as a married couple, everything else seems to have gone pretty easily for them. It'll be interesting to see how they handle it together, you know...grow together, apart, etc.

Can someone briefly fill me in on why we think the Jillymuffin and Derick timeline is a lie?

I've seen this claim (that there's something 'shady' about their timeline, or it's 'obvious' that they lied about it) over and over and over again on this forum, and I can absolutely guarantee you that no one will be able to provide you with a satisfactory explanation for this assertion, because there is none. I've never even seen anyone able to provide a coherent answer as to WHY they would have lied about the timeline. It's all part of mastermind super villain Jim Bob's evil and inexplicable scheming.

Can someone briefly fill me in on why we think the Jillymuffin and Derick timeline is a lie?

Personally, I don't think it was a lie. I think they were reckless and/or ignorant. If her water broke when she says it did, they waited too long to go to the hospital, imo, and did a lot of activities that someone whose water had broken shouldn't do (again, imo). There's more that I don't remember at the moment, but that was a big one for me.

crossposted w singsingsing--I tend to agree with this, but I do feel that TLC, People mag, and the Duggars all spin and exaggerate stories to advance a narrative, and there were enough inconsistencies that some FJers felt it was worth talking about. And, for the record, her 70 hour labor was actually 68 hours, based on information they provided. :D

There were inconsistencies between what was described in the People article after Israel was born and what was actually show in the VSE. This led to people thinking they were lying

Per the People article, Jill had a Strep B infection after her water broke and was hooked up to antibiotics. Never mentioned in the VSE

Per the People article, Jill went out hiking, to a chiropractors appointment and to a restaurant after her water broke. Never mentioned in the VSE

Per the People article , Jill refused pitocin and a epidural at first. The refusal was never show in the VSE

The differences between the article and the birth episode led people to believe that the episode was heavily edited due to the negative reaction to the article. Also the birth episode was advertised as two hours and the actual labor and birth was literally limited to 10 minutes at the end of the show.

I honestly think the best explanation for the inconsistencies is that TLC and People are both attempting to create their own narrative based on whatever they think is going to sell best - but they're not in cahoots, so each narrative is going to be different.

I'm not saying the Duggars don't lie. It's very obvious that they do. But I've never seen a satisfactory explanation for why Jill would completely fabricate most of her birth story, or (even harder to believe) almost completely fabricate her courtship timeline. If anyone has one, by all means, please share it.

I don't want to be too cynical, since hell, he is her baby and parents are all about posting pictures of their babies no matter the circumstances, but...yeah, this very much might be a distraction technique. He is getting cute now, though. Too bad his mom thinks he's a potential child predator.

Seriously. This makes me want to scream. "I hope to set-up similar safeguards in my family." First, clearly those safeguards didn't work and secondly WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME YOU NEED THEM? That's so fucked up. The Duggars are claiming this type of thing happens in 2/3 families (maybe in fundie families, which shows how problematic this cult is), so is she just assuming this will happen? Who the fuck just assumes that their INFANT SON will grow up to molest future sisters? The fact that she doesn't realize how screwed up that is shows how brain washed she is. Just ugh. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

I can't imagine looking at a baby and seeing him as a sinner. He's a baby. An adorable, innocent baby.

Do these people know that child molestation is not the norm outside their cult?

This is the scariest thing for me. It's like they actually don't realize that what happened to them was not normal. They've been taught for so long that the outside world is utterly depraved, that I wonder if they were surprised by the reaction - why would we all be so shocked and appalled by what happened to them, when we're all so much worse? Do they really think that in most normal 'liberal' families, brothers are just molesting their sisters unchecked, and that they're doing things right because they're preemptively assuming their sons have a good chance of becoming molesters? It really highlights how totally insane their cult is. And how brainwashed they are. They're in for a major shock if they ever break away.

I know! The statements Jill made were so shocking and sad to me. Sad because she didn't even seem to realize how messed up it all is. You shouldn't have to put these safeguards up in your home. That is NOT the norm. And where is she getting this 2/3 of family deal with this faux statistic? Asinine. I feel bad for all of the children that keep getting born into this cult.

My brother and I are 2 years apart in age. Growing up we often played together. And as toddlers/small children my mom bathed us together. We hugged each other (and still do.) In our family, we've also been known to kiss relatives of both genders on the mouth. We've even shared beds in hotel rooms (didn't need a pillow between us.) Things with family member are NOT sexual. It is not normal to have sexual feelings about your relatives. If someone is having these feelings about a family member...there is a bigger issue. And it needs to be addressed with therapists. Not by locking family members in their rooms.

I know! The statements Jill made were so shocking and sad to me. Sad because she didn't even seem to realize how messed up it all is. You shouldn't have to put these safeguards up in your home. That is NOT the norm. And where is she getting this 2/3 of family deal with this faux statistic? Asinine. I feel bad for all of the children that keep getting born into this cult.

My brother and I are 2 years apart in age. Growing up we often played together. And as toddlers/small children my mom bathed us together. We hugged each other (and still do.) In our family, we've also been known to kiss relatives of both genders on the mouth. We've even shared beds in hotel rooms (didn't need a pillow between us.) Things with family member are NOT sexual. It is not normal to have sexual feelings about your relatives. If someone is having these feelings about a family member...there is a bigger issue. And it needs to be addressed with therapists. Not by locking family members in their rooms.

My brother and I are 5 years apart. Not once has there ever been a need to safeguard us from molesting each other. These people are just....not right. And it's a travesty that they're now breeding a third generation of this craziness. From what I can tell right now, Jill and Jessa's children don't stand a chance. In 20 years, they will have been raised in the same neglectful and abusive cult their mothers were raised in and be just as ignorant, uneducated and, frankly, useless as their parents are to society as a whole.

Archived