IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

Well, actually not. The whole point of courting is to get to know the other person and their family.

This is nothing more than more Duggar prevarication. Josiah and Marjorie were an item all the way back to at least Oct yet Josiah would have us believe he didn't notice her until some mission trip in Dec.

The official announcement on the day that Jill gives birth? LOL it's kinda unbelievable how Duggars/TLC think people are so stupid and gullible. That was nothing more than a ploy to distract from Jill's failed attempt to birth the second coming at home.

"Actually not" what? As far as I understand, the kidults are encouraged to get to know the person they are interested in in group settings. At this stage, the Duggars and Bateses call them "special friends." Then, when they have determined that they would like to pursue the relationship further, they enter into a courtship. At that stage, they are supposed to decide if the other person is "the one that God has for them" (and yes, that includes spending a lot of time with the other's family). If that is the case, they get engaged.

So yeah, it's definitely possible that Marjorie was already invited to Derick's birthday party when she and Josiah were just "special friends" and not officially courting, especially seeing as it was mere weeks before they started officially courting. We saw Ben on the show before he and Jessa were officially courting. Alyssa Bates and John Webster were special friends for close to a year before they started officially courting.

Also, we know that the Jackson family are friends of the Duggars. So it's certainly not surprising that Marjorie was present at a wedding with, what, 1800 guests and 200 (?) volunteers. If anything, I would take the fact that Marjorie was apparently one of the volunteers to mean that she and Josiah probably weren't an item back then. Surely, if they had already been courting at the time, Marjorie would not have been volunteering.

(Disclaimer: Obviously, it is still possible that the Duggars are screwing with the timeline. They certainly have been known to do that. Maybe Josiah and Marjorie have actually been together longer than they would have us believe. I just don't think that any of the supposed "evidence" presented here necessarily supports this claim.)

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Actually not" what? As far as I understand, the kidults are encouraged to get to know the person they are interested in in group settings. At this stage, the Duggars and Bateses call them "special friends." Then, when they have determined that they would like to pursue the relationship further, they enter into a courtship. At that stage, they are supposed to decide if the other person is "the one that God has for them" (and yes, that includes spending a lot of time with the other's family). If that is the case, they get engaged.

So yeah, it's definitely possible that Marjorie was already invited to Derick's birthday party when she and Josiah were just "special friends" and not officially courting, especially seeing as it was mere weeks before they started officially courting. We saw Ben on the show before he and Jessa were officially courting. Alyssa Bates and John Webster were special friends for close to a year before they started officially courting.

Also, we know that the Jackson family are friends of the Duggars. So it's certainly not surprising that Marjorie was present at a wedding with, what, 1800 guests and 200 (?) volunteers. If anything, I would take the fact that Marjorie was apparently one of the volunteers to mean that she and Josiah probably weren't an item back then. Surely, if they had already been courting at the time, Marjorie would not have been volunteering.

(Disclaimer: Obviously, it is still possible that the Duggars are screwing with the timeline. They certainly have been known to do that. Maybe Josiah and Marjorie have actually been together longer than they would have us believe. I just don't think that any of the supposed "evidence" presented here necessarily supports this claim.)

I agree, I don't think that there is any evidence to suggest Josiah and Majorie were courting prior to very recently. It's quite possible that the day they announced wasn't the official start, but given the pictures with flowers I think that was the actual "asking date."

As far as the overlap with Jill, I think it's more likely TLC had Josiah's courtship proposal on the books and it just happened to overlap with Jill's delivery (Cameramen need schedules). I'm sure Jill's birth news was expected a week or two before Josiah's courtship news. And I don't think TLC is trying to distract from Jill's "failed" birth. They are labeling it a very special delivery and are promoting the episode with sneak peaks and clips. I'd say they want all of the attention of Jill's delivery.

The old-fashioned contraction of "are not" is "ain't". I wish American English would adopt amn't if ain't is to be considered bad grammar. A question for the Brits: I think I've heard Lord Peter Wimsey saying "ain't" in some of the old series starring Ian Carmichael. Were my ears deceiving me? Could Lord Peter get away with saying something that in the US would be considered bad grammar and low class because he definitely was well-educated and upper class?

It's not an issue of whether Jill has help. It's whether she can admit if she needs help and not just try to suck it up and "keep sweet". I found it very telling how in the recent People article, Jill said that it was CATHY who told her not to feel guilty about asking for help. Nothing from her own mom.

Anyway, here's a new sneak peak of Jill's special delivery.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/videos/first-look-jills-birth-episode

Fast-forward the painfully awkward first segment with Josie to Derick’s birthday party. I legit cried at the part when he got Cathy’s birthday gift. Derick has come under a lot of attack in recent months (not all deserved, IMO), and I may be in the minority, but I can’t “hate†on him like some do. Deep down, Derick seems like a genuinely good, solid guy. I still haven't given up hope that he and Jill will eventually get their **** together.

Other random comments:

Was that Majorie at Derick’s party? I can’t tell if she’s the one with the red scarf or the white headband. Derick’s birthday was on March 9th so it’s interesting she was there even though she and Josiah weren’t officially courting at that point.

Noticeably absent from the party? Jessa and Ben, again. They were also missing when Jill and Derick announced Baby Dilly's sex to the rest of her family. TLC tried to spin it like their gender reveal party happened while Jessa and Ben were on their honeymoon, which was just complete BS. Jill and Derick found out they were having a boy in mid-October. I don’t know who decided that Jessa and Ben shouldn’t be there and why. It seems odd to me. IMO, it kind of goes against Duggars wanting to present a happy, united family all the time.

I'd say from some of the photos posted post birth, she's not really covering up her disconnect {aka keeping sweet}.

Personally, I have not seen her really succeed at any of her purported goals as assigned by Gothard. If she is judging herself based on those parameters, I can appreciate why she would be unhappy.

I had a funny thought while watching the most recent episode the other day (not at all meant to be speculative):

What if someone had mistaken Josh and Derick + the M kids for a family while they were out shopping? I wonder how they would have responded if someone had assumed that they were a gay couple and commented about their cute family or adorable children... :lol:

I had a funny thought while watching the most recent episode the other day (not at all meant to be speculative):

What if someone had mistaken Josh and Derick + the M kids for a family while they were out shopping? I wonder how they would have responded if someone had assumed that they were a gay couple and commented about their cute family or adorable children... :lol:

I doubt anyone would have thought that. Derick looks really out of his element and I would imagine most fathers wouldn't look so lost.

I had that thought too. Not many men would take their brother in law grocery shopping with the kids, especially under the guise of "he needs to learn what it's like." But I'm sure the people of DC are used to that crap. TLC likes to make their presence known. :roll:

This sneak peak last night make Jim Bob and Michelle look sort of stupid. I'm sorry but how do you know remember where a big huge crib you used less than 5 years ago went...

Another damn scripted episode next week.

Also why did they get a new crib for Jennifer again? Wasn't the TLC one nice in the moving in special or is that the same one? Well I guess the moving in special was 10 years ago so the crib is ancient to the Duggars

It's the same one they got when they moved into the house (I double checked the videos). It was purchased for Johanna not Jennifer, Michelle just mixed up her kids.

We are canceling cable on Monday due to a move and I was wondering how many episodes are left of this season and can I still watch these shows on YouTube? If the show is on YouTube what channel is it usually on? I think they call it channel or I guess what person posts it on YouTube?

It's the same one they got when they moved into the house (I double checked the videos). It was purchased for Johanna not Jennifer, Michelle just mixed up her kids.

Surprise Surprise Michelle messed up her kids...

Didn't she buy new crib bedding in one episode?

We are canceling cable on Monday due to a move and I was wondering how many episodes are left of this season and can I still watch these shows on YouTube? If the show is on YouTube what channel is it usually on? I think they call it channel or I guess what person posts it on YouTube?

I believe the Dilly episode on Tuesday is the last one for the season. I'm not sure about youtube, I just search and watch what pops up.

Surprise Surprise Michelle messed up her kids...

Didn't she buy new crib bedding in one episode?

I think that was Jordyn. Brown and pink bedding - it was quite nice. I seem to remember Michelle making some comment about getting something new for each baby. I thought that was a really odd thing to say, especially by baby 18. A new outfit for each child, yes, but new sheets?

I always watch on YouTube. This video https://youtu.be/QSq1R-7ee3c is from a channel that usually uploads the Duggar episodes.

However, there are other channels. I usually search "19 kids" on YouTube but set the advanced settings to a long duration and uploaded in the past week. The episodes can take from a day after airing to a full week to be uploaded.

If you are not keen on searching, links to the YouTube Videos are usually posted in this forum.

I believe the Dilly episode on Tuesday is the last one for the season. I'm not sure about youtube, I just search and watch what pops up.

Tvguide has a new one-hour episode listed for May 12.

It's not an issue of whether Jill has help. It's whether she can admit if she needs help and not just try to suck it up and "keep sweet". I found it very telling how in the recent People article, Jill said that it was CATHY who told her not to feel guilty about asking for help. Nothing from her own mom.

Anyway, here's a new sneak peak of Jill's special delivery.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/videos/first-look-jills-birth-episode

Fast-forward the painfully awkward first segment with Josie to Derick’s birthday party. I legit cried at the part when he got Cathy’s birthday gift. Derick has come under a lot of attack in recent months (not all deserved, IMO), and I may be in the minority, but I can’t “hate†on him like some do. Deep down, Derick seems like a genuinely good, solid guy. I still haven't given up hope that he and Jill will eventually get their **** together.

Other random comments:

Was that Majorie at Derick’s party? I can’t tell if she’s the one with the red scarf or the white headband. Derick’s birthday was on March 9th so it’s interesting she was there even though she and Josiah weren’t officially courting at that point.

Noticeably absent from the party? Jessa and Ben, again. They were also missing when Jill and Derick announced Baby Dilly's sex to the rest of her family. TLC tried to spin it like their gender reveal party happened while Jessa and Ben were on their honeymoon, which was just complete BS. Jill and Derick found out they were having a boy in mid-October. I don’t know who decided that Jessa and Ben shouldn’t be there and why. It seems odd to me. IMO, it kind of goes against Duggars wanting to present a happy, united family all the time.

Maybe Jessa and Ben had to make a contract of their own with TLC prior to being filmed. Jill was absent from quite a few things right after her marriage, too. They used the morning sickness reason, but I think she and Derick were negotiating a contract.

Oh, I agree that the glass floor thing was a really shitty way to treat Ben, especially when directed at the person you're supposed to love and all that. I hate heights, and completely understand why Ben was uncomfortable standing on the glass. I someone tried that with me, I would likely hurt them (unintentionally) as I tried to get away.

But the escargot thing didn't bother me. People have strong food preferences. It would be one thing if she ordered escargot or saw others eating it and made a scene, but the escargot showed up unsolicited. If the producers ordered the escargot (as I suspect they did), then the entire purpose was to get Jessa to react rudely, and she didn't take the bait.

Jessa pushing Ben onto the glass floor was very JimBobish behavior.

The escargot scene was clearly a set up by the producers to get a reaction.

Just watched the Room re-do episode. I thought the room was nice new until I saw that hideous "coral" wall. It goes with nothing!

Jessa pushing Ben onto the glass floor was very JimBobish behavior.

The escargot scene was clearly a set up by the producers to get a reaction.

This^ exactly! Jim Bob would definitely push someone scared of heights out like this. Jessa is just copying behaviour she has seen modelled her whole life.

I find Jim Bob often behaves like a 12 year old boy on the show. He does things where, if he were one of my students, I would take him aside and say "Hey, that's really not nice. How would you feel if someone did that to you?" I don't know why he didn't learn this as a kid (I'm sure Mary tried to teach him.) It's painful watching him actually model it as acceptable ADULT behaviour to his kids.

wait, Michelle gave up her crib? could she actually be sane enough to realize that she is done? I would have thought that would have to pry her baby stuff out of her cold dead fingers, over her dead body.

wait, Michelle gave up her crib? could she actually be sane enough to realize that she is done? I would have thought that would have to pry her baby stuff out of her cold dead fingers, over her dead body.

Well she did say if they have another they would give it back...

Plus it is staying in the family and I am sure there will be tons of houses on the compound soon

Well she did say if they have another they would give it back...

Plus it is staying in the family and I am sure there will be tons of houses on the compound soon

Oh, please, as the as the photo op was over, I'm sure the crib was put right back in Mullet's room. :?

Josie said "comed home" - she was generalizing the regular past tense "-ed" ending onto a verb that actually has an irregular past tense form ("came"). So, not a pronunciation thing, but rather a grammar thing, and a mistake that's actually very common in kids her age, and even older. Like saying "eated" instead of "ate," or "goed" instead of "went." It's actually a very cool stage in language development - it shows the kid grasps how regular past tense forms are made, but hasn't mastered all the irregular past tense forms. And as I said, pretty common even in kids aged 6 or 7, so I'll give J'chelle, Boob and the SOTDRT a pass here (though it pains me to do so!).

I didn't watch that specific episode, so I guess if it was related to ''tense'' and grammar, it would be hard for to judge what a 5 years old kid would say. English is my second language so I can't really know how kids learn the past tense. I learned it in school, not in casual speech. :)

I do find the younger Duggar girls talk in a baby way and it annoys me. Maybe it's just me. :shrug: Baby talk is certainly not a speech problem. Either the parents encourage it or the kids do it when the cameras are there, who knows?

I think Michelle, knows her baby days are over. JB was the one that said they would get it back if Michelle got pregnant again. M didn't even react to that.

I think the little Duggar girls, Josie and Jordyn always looked coached in their talking heads. I think they are rehearsed and coached to appear "precious". Being little, they go off book often, but they are clearly coached, especially Josie, to be a cute little precious miracle.

Compare their TH's to the little Bates's kids TH's. They may have been coached as well, but they seem more natural, as if the crew just let the cameras roll while asking questions until they got the shots they wanted.

With the Little Duggars, I get the feeling it is more like 'Ok Josie, when they ask you about Ben and Jessa, You are going to raise your arms up and be super happy and tell us Ben and Jessa "Got Mahhwwied".

I just imagine a director behind them gesturing for big smiles, arms in the air, animated speech, etc. Jackson often looks very coached as well.

Does anyone else feel there are too many talking heads by the little kids? Josie and Jordan are adorable, but they have nothing useful or even cute to add to warrant a talking head, which is scripted and coached anyway. Same with Mckynzie and Michael. The only somewhat bearable talking heads by kids are the older teens, IMO. I cringe when the littles are on.

Agree completely. I love watching the kids being kids - running around, playing, talking to each other, not doing scripted TH. I just rewatched Anna making tiles with her kids. I love her pushing Mack's hands down "Mummy it hurts", then Mack's panic about her hands being dirty. Anna tells her she will get a paper towel in a minute and Mack is not happy. Anna later says to camera that they had fun getting dirty. I laughed thinking Mack enjoyed spelling her name in the tiles but she did not enjoy getting dirty! In a TH, the kids always end up saying what the adults want "Oh yes, we definitely enjoyed getting dirty". I prefer the natural reaction, no TH necessary.

Also, every time I see a TH, I know those kids are 'working'. JB&M have often said that what we see is just their every day life but what I see is hours of studio-type work recording THs. That's not part of everyday life!

Archived