IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

I believe ladies and gents, that 19 Kids and Counting has officially jumped the shark.

This totally, I was thinking the same. Don't know why but I watched the last 1.5 hours of this VSE. I found myself thinking how sad their lives are when all they have to get excited about is pregnancy after pregnancy. Yes, giving birth is a wonderful, precious part of life, but there are so many other wonderful, special aspects of life. Also, just sigh, do we really need to see Anna giving birth to her 4th?? Sort of hoping Jessa will "rebel" and keep her birth private as she did with her first kiss, but I suppose no hope for that....

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My boyfriend has moved into a place where cable is included in the rent, which means...

I CAN WATCH AND SNARK WITH EVERYONE.

I'm way more excited about that than I should be. However, no wine for me tonight. Probably going with a glass of water (I know, I'm lame).

This totally, I was thinking the same. Don't know why but I watched the last 1.5 hours of this VSE. I found myself thinking how sad their lives are when all they have to get excited about is pregnancy after pregnancy. Yes, giving birth is a wonderful, precious part of life, but there are so many other wonderful, special aspects of life. Also, just sigh, do we really need to see Anna giving birth to her 4th?? Sort of hoping Jessa will "rebel" and keep her birth private as she did with her first kiss, but I suppose no hope for that....

I might be alone, but I think having 19 children is actually an indication that you might not think children are each unique, special and a treasure to be cherished. It seems like Michelle was addicted to pregnancy and the attention derived from being a very grand multip...once the baby was off to becoming an individual, she'd hand it off to get pregnant for additional attention. She could not be bothered with individual children and parenting to many at varying developmental levels...way too much work and effort required. Hence, the dullards foisted onto society.

Michelle liked pregnancy for the attention received- JB liked others seeing his wife continually pregnant because that was proof that he was getting some...such a stroke to his fragile ego.

I read and watched 2 hours of last nights "special". It was just so ridiculous! But it did make me remember my all time favorite Michelle Duggar quote, "Saying there are too many children is like saying there are too many flowers". It freaking kills me every time! Anyway, looking forward to watching the craziness that is Jill's very special birth episode. I'm going to be really pissed if they do ANY previous birth flashbacks though. Hello?! You just had a whole THREE hours special for that without any new footage. I was really hoping for extra footage. And I kept trying to figure out how they would fill the last hour with only Michael and Marcus to cover. Oh Jubilee...my bad. That just seems weird to me.

I read and watched 2 hours of last nights "special". It was just so ridiculous! But it did make me remember my all time favorite Michelle Duggar quote, "Saying there are too many children is like saying there are too many flowers". It freaking kills me every time! Anyway, looking forward to watching the craziness that is Jill's very special birth episode. I'm going to be really pissed if they do ANY previous birth flashbacks though. Hello?! You just had a whole THREE hours special for that without any new footage. I was really hoping for extra footage. And I kept trying to figure out how they would fill the last hour with only Michael and Marcus to cover. Oh Jubilee...my bad. That just seems weird to me.

There is such a thing as too many flowers, just ask anyone with allergies!

I always picture a nice tulip bed. Now, if you plant those bulbs the suggested width apart and give them water, sunshine, and good soil, they will be beautiful. However, if you cram them in together with no room to grow, reach light, and the plants have to compete for limited water, they will not do well. Same goes for kids, Michelle.

I swore I would never watch the Duggars again after their support of Todd Akin and with the help of Buzzard's hilarious recaps I have been able to keep that commitment. Through the weddings and all the nonsense I have not watched. I might come out of retirement just for tonight I may need to see this debacle first hand.

Or a lawn full of dandelions!

G

Eww. I don't think I've seen that one. Or if I have, I must have blocked it out.

ugh! Yeah, that was disturbing!! They were whispering it in birthing class....trying to sound seductive and of course, Jim Bob was acting like a frickin 12 year old. He annoys the crap out of me.

So I paused the tv on the sheet of names they were choosing from to name baby Jordyn, and Jichelle was on there. Wtf.

Seriously?!?! Jichelle?!?! Omg Why does that not surprise me?!? I do not remember that!!!

A reunion with who? Each other? Amy?

Sounds like a Maxwell-style reunion ;)

I made it about halfway through last night, until I realized that with the amount of time left they must be including Jubilee and I didn't want to see that again.

One thing that struck me was when all of the kids first went to see Josie in the hospital. On the one hand, it was probably good for them to see just how tiny and fragile she was. On the other... it seems like a really, really bad idea to take 18 kids into a NICU. In December. If I were another parent on that unit I would have been livid. Maybe since they're homeschooled they don't get quite as many viruses as most kids, but still...

I made it about halfway through last night, until I realized that with the amount of time left they must be including Jubilee and I didn't want to see that again.

One thing that struck me was when all of the kids first went to see Josie in the hospital. On the one hand, it was probably good for them to see just how tiny and fragile she was. On the other... it seems like a really, really bad idea to take 18 kids into a NICU. In December. If I were another parent on that unit I would have been livid. Maybe since they're homeschooled they don't get quite as many viruses as most kids, but still...

The Duggars are sick all the time, and they don't vaccinate. If I recall, shortly after Josie was born a whole bunch of them got chickenpox and they had to be quarantined.

Re: getting rid of the little girl things, don't those idiots know that there are still 4 little girls sleeping there. They truly are the lost girls.

Just getting through this thread now. Yes, this is so sad. There should really be two separate rooms: one grown up room for young women Jana, Jinger and Joy, and another whimsical girly room for little girls Josie, Jordyn and Jenny. Not sure where Johannah belongs at this point.

Had a nightmare where decorators came to redo my house and said that first I had to get rid of all the animals. Lo and behold, there were dozens of live animals inside. I begged to keep the baby giraffe, but they didn't allow it. Poor Jennifer and her deleted horsie.

I cannot believe they did Jubilee. :pink-shock:

I was really weirded out at the time of Marcus’s birth when Anna was freaking out about the water and the baby drowning. I don’t understand why they didn’t take the time to explain it all to her. Its really mind boggling.

I think it's because if Anna were a "true Duggar" she would either a) know all about birthing babies, even in a pool of water and thus not embarrass the entire Duggar family by freaking out on camera; or b) not know whether it was safe for her baby, but KEEP SWEET anyway.

Too bad Anna - you'll never be quite good enough for the Duggars. And your genuine concern for your unborn child just proves it.

(Hopefully, everyone knows I'm being snarky.)

My last final is on thursday AND I'm in the UK. Devastated I will miss out on the Jilly Dilly Billy Willy birth episode extravaganza :cry:

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put this on 5/5 anyway? It practically mandates drinking.

My last final ends tonight at 8:30...which means I'm probably going to sprint from the classroom to my room. :oops:

Can someone explain to me why they're billing tonight's episode as "Israel's extraordinary journey?" He was born to a dumbass and his journey was complicated by said dumbass, resulting in the need for emergency intervention... hardly "extraordinary."

Let the chaos start! I do have a question? During one of her Bradley classes Jill was doing a position where she was laying directly on her stomach and that seems like it would be really uncomfortable for her and the baby? Is that true?

Did anyone catch the midwives' names? I got Joy kweyfield??? and a Query.

So lemme get this straight -- the "midwives" tour the house and they want to know where the pots and pans are?? Oh, yes -- boil the water!

This is the first time I'm really seeing Jill pregnant and it looks like Izzy went from head down to transverse sometime before delivery, just looking at her profile.

Oh -- and Moochelle -- Jilly isn't a nurse. So don't even pretend to allude to calling her one.

The birth of Christ Dilly - Part 1

The episode is billed as "jill's special delivery" yet it starts with Michelle narrating how she remembers her first child. She' s got 19 kids and so thankfyl to have them all.

Shots of Jill's pregnancy in episodes we've seen...

At Jill and Derick's house midwives show up and side hug everyone. Michelle and Jana come too because they'll be there for the birth. JIll gives them a tour of the house. Jill tells us that the home tour is important so they know where things are if you're advanced. Derick shows them the blender... for the placenta... Jill says "no." they all laugh.

They get into the bedroom. Theres a HUGE cross shower curtain/door curtain in the bathroom.

Jill unpacks what Michelle brought, apparently she didnt have any old towels.

Jana says Jill is excited... Jill shows them the shower and tub. The only place there isnt space is THE TOILET - holy Anna dig... but she COULD deliver there. Way to get that in, Jill!

Derick plans to play relaxing music.

Michelle says that Jill is stressed because she knows whats coming and wont be in control.

JIll says she's not the midwife, which is why she surrounded herself wtih competant people.

Birth plan: Derick is going to catch the baby. They're going to labor on their own and call Michelle as it progresses.

Jill TH - they have a plan for a hospital transport - lord willing she wont have to do that.

The midwives promise the'll help her "stay within normal."

Michelle TH - it wont be long before JIll is going through labor (shots of Michelle pregnant, in labor), she knows because she has NINETEEN KIDS. Each delivery is different. Each delivery you learn. Josh was born at the hospital iwth an epidural/forceps... next was an emergency c section. Jill was the first "natural" delivery and fastest recovery. Natural is the way to go. Then... she reached a point where she couldnt have a midwife because she was high risk. She was high risk because of all the babies.

JIll TH - the first birth she attended was Johannah. It was great to see the "sacrificial love" to have her and she's done it each time. It was a special time to witness it.

Michelle TH - it was wonderful to have the daughters involved in the labor and delivery. Its important for them to be there beccause they want to be a wife and a mom and they need to be prepared and know theres a lot of hard work, but great joy. Its something to be prepared for. Labor doesnt get easier, its hard work. Being as prepared as possible is good and helpful but you still have to go through it to get the prize at the end.

Jill TH - as it approaches there is a lot of prayer, especially because she's seen so many. She is at peace because she's doing everything she can to prevent problems. She trusts god and leaves things up to him.

Michelle gives away Josie's crib... its bittersweet because she could have another!

Archived