IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

With 7 girls and 4 beds, that means 6 are sharing beds with someone. However, only two of these beds are doubles, which means that two people are sharing a twin (eek!). I imagine that Josie and Jordyn share one of the twin beds because they're small, and then the two full beds are shared by an older + Hannie and an older + Jenny, and then one of the olders gets her own twin bed (hopefully Jana).

5 beds. 2 fulls + 3 twins.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me get this straight: these girls are so overprotected that they need to have chaperones for skype courtships, but it's totally okay to go to Chicago and leave them home alone with a film crew made up of heathen menfolk? What about the Umbrella of Protection? Gramma Duggar can't be the one holding it, cos she's a girl. :shifty-kitty:

Not just that, they said that they were filming with some of the kids. Grandma was in the house with Jana and the littles... so they were UNSUPERVISED with teh heathen menz!

Girls Bedroom circa 2010.

hookedonhouses.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Girls-Bedroom.jpg

3 twins. Two Fulls. Obviously before they had to shove Jennnifer through Josie in there. Along with a harp and possibly a piano.

Girls Bedroom circa 2010.

hookedonhouses.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Girls-Bedroom.jpg

3 twins. Two Fulls. Obviously before they had to shove Jennnifer through Josie in there. Along with a harp and possibly a piano.

Yeah, but the special this week only showed 4 of the 5 original beds. 1 full in the nook, two twins between the post and the wall, and one full against the wall with the bathroom, facing the two twin beds. The beds also appear too close to the floor to fit trundles underneath.

Not just that, they said that they were filming with some of the kids. Grandma was in the house with Jana and the littles... so they were UNSUPERVISED with teh heathen menz!

I think they said that the film crew was outside filming with some of the boys so I guess it's OK for the boys not to be supervised unless JD was there and he's considered old enough to fill the role.

The "private room" where Jana tried on the bridesmaid dress is the bathroom. :)

Yeah, but the special this week only showed 4 of the 5 original beds. 1 full in the nook, two twins between the post and the wall, and one full against the wall with the bathroom, facing the two twin beds. The beds also appear too close to the floor to fit trundles underneath.

Its possible that Jill took hers to their new house as a guest bed. From what I recall, I do not remember seeing her name bed in tuesday's episode. And didnt they have a few pictures from a few months ago of a new bunk bed with a slide in the girls' room? Maybe they'll show the acquisition of this in another episode.

I dont believe that the "oven" episode was real. She said that she generally doesnt preheat the oven, but decided to this time. "After a while" she started to smell it burning, yet she reached in and actually touched the manual with her bare hands. It appeared to be wrapped in plastic, which would have certainly stuck to her fingers if the oven were actually on, burning her.

The rack still had the blue tape on it, which was not warped or singed.

You could see a slight reflection of the element burning in the shot, but there was no smoke or browning of the manual. I think she turned it on and immediately realized the stuff was still in there and they moved time, as they so often do.

I dont know why its cute or funny to make her out to be a dunce.

As for Jimchelle in Chicago, if JD had flown them I would have hoped they would have flown back immediately. They must have flown commercial, or perhaps I'm giving them too much credit assuming they would have returned immediately if their daughter was hospitalized.

I think it's just one of TLC's "plot devices" :?

When they do it with Anna I always think she likes it. I guess negative attention is preferable to no attention.

Its possible that Jill took hers to their new house as a guest bed. From what I recall, I do not remember seeing her name bed in tuesday's episode. And didnt they have a few pictures from a few months ago of a new bunk bed with a slide in the girls' room? Maybe they'll show the acquisition of this in another episode.

Joy took over Jills bed, Jill says so in a TH and in the Jinder reveal episode Joy is trying to wake Jenny up and she is in Jills bed, complete with Jills name.

Too true. Everything is shared. Family closet and let's not forget, once they marry off, they apparently share toothbrushes with their spouse. I am engaged and living with my fiance and I have never come up with a scenario where I needed to share my guy's toothbrush. I have my own, he has his own, and we have a small stash of unopened backups in a bathroom drawer. Not so hard. :whistle:

They share toothbrushes!? Barf. Is this some sort of policy, or just bad planning? Or what?

I posted earlier but can't find it.

1. Josie said something like "Comedid home"?? Isn't she FIVE now? That's something a toddler would say.

2. James knowing the signs of a seizure--that honestly does seem to stem from responsible parenting. Ouch, hate to say that. But good that they told the kids to be aware in case it ever happened.

3. Jim-Bob is much more engaged with the kids than Michelle.

4. Chicago? I assume they meant Oak Brook and Gothardland. Yeah. Way more important than rushing home. Take your time why don't you.

5.I felt bad for the little girls. The re-do must mean no one is getting married soon and they know it and are sick of living in a play room.

6. Hey Jill? Ever hear the phrase "buy used and save the difference?"

1. Josie said something like "Comedid home"?? Isn't she FIVE now? That's something a toddler would say.

2. James knowing the signs of a seizure--that honestly does seem to stem from responsible parenting. Ouch, hate to say that. But good that they told the kids to be aware in case it ever happened.

3. Jim-Bob is much more engaged with the kids than Michelle.

4. Chicago? I assume they meant Oak Brook and Gothardland. Yeah. Way more important than rushing home. Take your time why don't you.

5.I felt bad for the little girls. The re-do must mean no one is getting married soon and they know it and are sick of living in a play room.

And what about Jana? She must feel like she will die in that room, alone, after all her sisters have married and gone.

They share toothbrushes!? Barf. Is this some sort of policy, or just bad planning? Or what?

iirc, Jessa made a comment on the most recent episode about her and BenBob being able to [conceivably] use the same toothbrush now that they're married. I'm not sure if she was serious or not, but Ben didn't look all that enthused.

And what about Jana? She must feel like she will die in that room, alone, after all her sisters have married and gone.

Don't worry. She won't die alone. Boob and J'chelle will find her some new little buddies to share her things with. Won't that be fun? ;)

iirc, Jessa made a comment on the most recent episode about her and BenBob being able to [conceivably] use the same toothbrush now that they're married. I'm not sure if she was serious or not, but Ben didn't look all that enthused.

Does she think that's romantic? Ugh.

I think the problem is that she's heard that phrase every day of her life, up until now. It's clear that JB is cheap and they have to talk him into spending money. He'll spend it, if it's an investment - like re-doing a home he bought at auction and flipping it.

So instead of over-indulging in food (as we speculate Josh did once he was married), it makes sense that Jill is going a little "new" crazy for the first time in her life.

She's buying new so she can reuse it for the next 20+ years.

And really, no one should be buying a used crib anyway.

I agree! My 3 year old goddaughter occasionally says "comedid" but she's 3 and she is learning every day. She's also a big talker. She thinks she's an adult in a child's body.

I think the difference is that my goddaughter goes to an evil preschool and is taught by people with actual teaching credentials/training.

Josie is learning from a baby-making, sex obsessed, baby talker.

I've just finished the episodes, thoughts are:

1) Glad they got to make the new bedroom more grown up, and especially the bed in the little nook is a lot more private (hopefully jana's). The colour scheme is a MESS though. The bed cover colours clash horrifically. I consider myself quite a creative person and I think they came close to getting it right but it was just too much going on MY EYES.

2) Anna's boots at the ultra-sound were so cute! NOT what I would expect in fundie fashion land. Quite manly eh eh.

3) Jessa's apron has gotta go. Also, she's gotta get a clue. I was seriously concerned she was going to lose a finger (or entire arm) when she was haphazardly chopping those vegetables

4) Nice to see the boys cooking dinner for a change, the inspiration board stuff made me vomit a little though

5) I wasn't THAT shocked or outraged by the small segment of Josie's seizure. I know there was some issue with the fact it was only three minutes of the episode - but I think that's better, they didn't focus too much on her, but more on talking heads from the others. I just don't feel like I have the outrage about that like I do other things but perhaps that's the way I see it - or perhaps I'm desensitised by the amount of programmes we have in the UK dedicated to showing hospital crises. :shrug:

6) I was sad to see JB and Jchelle swan back in and fawn over Josie, without a second thought to Jana, as if it was taken for granted that she would be/should be there to do all she did. I know we only see an edited fraction, but I would've appreciated seeing more gratitude to Jana on the show.

7) Sweet seeing Jessa in a slightly more sensitive role with Josie. Still can't get over images of Jess + bump or Jess + small child in arms though.

8) I kind of fancy Scott the producer after this episode. Maybe I don't watch the show enough but I kinda ship Jana and him :popcorn2:

I'm super tired and I've probably said something to enrage someone so please don't eat me alive, I'll try and expand later :fsm:

The room in 2013 only had 4 of the original 5 as well. (Joy's bed frame has been missing for awhile).

If I had to speculate on their sleeping arrangements. I'd say Joy & Jennifer are in Jill's full. Jordyn and Jinger sleep in her twin (Jordyn was asleep in Jinger's bed in the gender reveal ep). Johannah is in Jessa's twin. And Jana & Josie sleep in her full. But I'm sure Jordyn and Josie probably sleep all over the place and likely bed hop.

I agree! My 3 year old goddaughter occasionally says "comedid" but she's 3 and she is learning every day. She's also a big talker. She thinks she's an adult in a child's body.

I think the difference is that my goddaughter goes to an evil preschool and is taught by people with actual teaching credentials/training.

Josie is learning from a baby-making, sex obsessed, baby talker.

Agreed! My nephew also had little speech problems before he started kindergarten. He used to mix his Cs and Ts, and other minor things. His teacher didn't seem worried but she did make sure to correct him and now almost at the end of his first year in kindergarten, his pronunciation is just fine. If Josie didn't attend SOTDRT or even just parents who cared, I bet her speech would be much better.

I’m the kind of person that would have cooked the manual. I grew up where nothing was stored in the oven and just automatically turn my oven on w/o checking it. this causes issues every time in at my MIL’s because they store a Pizza stone in the oven. 9 times out of 10 I preheat the pizza stone withe the oven. the rest of it.. eh it seams edited to make her look bad.

The fact that the girls room is Boobs favorite room makes me want to barf. My headship always says he gives off a weird vibe with his daughters and I totally saw it in that comment.

Miss Cindy, in taking the picture with the horse, was holding Josie on her hip like a toddler. Seams like everyone babies her. I think the girls called Miss C to help with the redo because she says no to Boob.

I found it very amusing that they showed all 3 of the M Kids eating cereal by them sleeves. Even little Marcus was spoon-feeding himself. Aunty Josie being babied again.

Lastly FUCK YOU Michelle your child is not a smart phone, she doesn’t get glitches!

I think they need to play up the "Jessa can't cook" story because there's nothing else to focus on! With J&A, we got a lot of car lot and limited income crap. I imagine they don't want to follow Ben at "work" or discuss it much since he's Boob's bitch. They're not exactly a good fundie example of "leave and cleave." And it may add to the viewers who are questioning how these two kids are living a life that affords a European honeymoon most of us can only dream of, and other things like dining out all the damn time.

I didn't feel like Michelle saying glitch was bad, to me it's just that odd, overly-polite way that Michelle talks. Febrile seizures are common, so to Michelle, it might seem like a minor thing. shrugs. She's got other things to do like self tan and stare adoringly at Jim Bob.

I just realized, I've been watching these people for aroound 10 years now, and it's all starting to seem normal. Cue the twilight zone music.

I think they need to play up the "Jessa can't cook" story because there's nothing else to focus on! With J&A, we got a lot of car lot and limited income crap. I imagine they don't want to follow Ben at "work" or discuss it much since he's Boob's bitch. They're not exactly a good fundie example of "leave and cleave." And it may add to the viewers who are questioning how these two kids are living a life that affords a European honeymoon most of us can only dream of, and other things like dining out all the damn time.

I agree. When people have talked about 1 of the younger couples carrying their own show, I have always wondered, based on what, exactly? The only person who has actually done anything is Derick. JD flies and has a business, so he might be a candidate, but without a spouse, he is nothing but a kid according to Gothard. Ben and Jessa are like 2 teenagers who got married and rely on their parents for everything...and now they're adding a dependent, ridiculous. Even Jill, the one that everyone thought would rock married life, homemaking and mothering, has proven to have very limited skills in her appointed "role."

All talk, no action thy name is Duggar.

Archived