IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

Yes to the carrots thing. We always peel them. I find the skin to be bitter and tough if left on.

They taste like dirt, even if you scrub them. Blech. Peeling carrots FTW!

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I've never NOT peeled a carrot. I didn't realize some people just scrubbed them.

I am actually surprised that they are playing up the "Jessa can't cook!" theme. It seems like a major fail of the Gothard standards of female behavior. Aren't all those girls supposed to be training to be helpmeets from the time they can walk? Isn't that the reason they are homeschooled and not going to college? What went wrong in the Duggar household?

Seriously, I would have expected all of the girls to be quite proficient in cooking, sewing and household cleaning and management. Not because I think that is what every girl should do but because they are deeply entrenched in a cult that espouses preparing to be a helpmeet as the only option for girls.

Can you say "HY PO CRITES"?

They had/have shitty parents for role models.

Okay, I am watching last night's episodes now. And you guys are right, there are only 4 beds in the girls' room. What the heck?!

And holy lord...Josh's kids in their car seats pisses me off so much! Michael's straps were all loose (and he's wearing a coat.) Marcus, who really should be rear-facing, had a huge coat on, the chest strap was on his belly, and the shoulder straps were falling down!! So freaking negligent.

What's with Michelle saying - "We had a pointment there." Instead of "we had an appointment there."

Someone earlier in the thread made a comment about Jana's saying she hoped Josie didn't swallow her tongue. But it didn't sound like "tongue" to me. It sounded like "throat." But maybe she said "throw up." Like, she was worried about her swallowing her vomit.

I could punch Michelle for saying "glitch." I don't know why but it really bugs me. There was nothing they go do from far away except pray? What about hop on a plane immediately?

Jim Bob side hugging his daughters is awful.

Okay, I am watching last night's episodes now. And you guys are right, there are only 4 beds in the girls' room. What the heck?!

So I wonder who is the lucky kid who gets her own bed? And where was Joy sleeping before Jill and Jessa moved out (assuming 4 beds for the older girls each sharing with one little girl). Maybe there really are trundles somewhere that we can't see in those clips of the remodel.

I am actually surprised that they are playing up the "Jessa can't cook!" theme. It seems like a major fail of the Gothard standards of female behavior. Aren't all those girls supposed to be training to be helpmeets from the time they can walk? Isn't that the reason they are homeschooled and not going to college? What went wrong in the Duggar household?

Seriously, I would have expected all of the girls to be quite proficient in cooking, sewing and household cleaning and management. Not because I think that is what every girl should do but because they are deeply entrenched in a cult that espouses preparing to be a helpmeet as the only option for girls.

Can you say "HY PO CRITES"?

I was surprised as well. I suspect they are trying to get a feel for if they can do a spin-off... Jessa would be the foil to Michelle (MOTY lollll) in a Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica kind of way.

The whole scene was oddly staged with Jessa chatting awkwardly with the cameraman about what she was soon and seemingly unprepared to cook since she couldn't find anything in her house. I am guessing the "thank you for dinner kiss" was filmed like 10 times since Bin was beet red (unless my TV settings are weird). I would not be surprised if the camera man suggested she cook the manual. But then again she couldn't figure out how to preheat the oven? Confusing or good editing hahahah

Also teaching Joy Anna (I think that is who she was I get them confused) to bake bread was laughable. I was like seriously you use that tiny container of wheat to mill a tiny amount of flour and manage to make 24 mini-loaves for everyone?? Not buying it; show me the Rhode's frozen dinner rolls w

So I wonder who is the lucky kid who gets her own bed? And where was Joy sleeping before Jill and Jessa moved out (assuming 4 beds for the older girls each sharing with one little girl). Maybe there really are trundles somewhere that we can't see in those clips of the remodel.

The girls room has always been short beds according to what they've shown us

In the "girls room tour" They have a bunk (said to belong to Joy), two small beds (belong to the "little girls". They are tiny so Jordyn and Josie?), and then there are the 4 beds with the girls names (Jinger's, Jessa's, Jill's, and Jana's). They are missing 2 beds.

In the makeover shots, there are 4 beds. Belonging to Jinger, Jana, Joy, and ?. Still they are missing 3 beds.

Michelle has stated the girl's room has a loft, though I don't think we've ever seen evidence or pictures of this loft. Perhaps that's where the lost girls sleep?

What's with Michelle saying - "We had a pointment there." Instead of "we had an appointment there."

Someone earlier in the thread made a comment about Jana's saying she hoped Josie didn't swallow her tongue. But it didn't sound like "tongue" to me. It sounded like "throat." But maybe she said "throw up." Like, she was worried about her swallowing her vomit.

I could punch Michelle for saying "glitch." I don't know why but it really bugs me. There was nothing they go do from far away except pray? What about hop on a plane immediately?

Bold: It seemed like she almost said one thing and then quickly changed her mind.

She said, "We had a... [tiny pause]" and I got the impression that she was about to say a word that started with a consonant. But then she glided right into the word "appointment". Instantly I was like, What did she almost say? Because it wasn't appointment!

Appointment makes it sound important without giving a hint of what it actually was (seminar, speaking engagement, etc.).

Michelle: You and JB whore out your kids' lives on tv... medical crises, pre-marital sex talks, awkward and embarassing moments, and things that most people would consider to be private family business. We saw Josie in her underwear, convulsing, with a terrified sister tending to her. And you have the fucking nerve to blatantly be inspecific about what you were doing at that time?

What do you have to hide, Michelle? Hold yourself up to the same standard of transparency as you do your children, in their most vulnerable and personal moments.

Shame on you. :penguin-no:

Someone today tried to tell me that Michelle had a law degree that she wasn't allowed to use. I usually hate talking about the Duggars in real life because it makes me seem unhinged I am unhinged with the amount of junk I know about their lives, but this was one case that I was like "there is no way in hell that Michelle graduated from college AND professional school. Just. no. way." And then talked about her real estate license, getting married at 17, and having Josh at 21. I don't know where she would have the time to get her bachelor's and J.D., not to mention her mental capacity, which is...lacking. :shrug:

ETA: To fix that. Who am I kidding? :embarrassed:

Did anyone notice during the re-broadcast of last weeks episode, that during the shopping trip where Michelle is was almost in a manic state, that at one point, Joy is asking Michelle what she is hiding behind her back? It was very odd, like Joy was the adult and Michelle was the naughty kid trying to get away with something. It just makes me wonder if that is a true glimpse of how the older girls interact with Michelle? It would explain why she just stood around when Joy was passing out jurisdictions, or how she was nearly useless with the wedding plans.

I wonder if the older girls just sort of take care of mom, like they do the other kids.

Did anyone notice during the re-broadcast of last weeks episode, that during the shopping trip where Michelle is was almost in a manic state, that at one point, Joy is asking Michelle what she is hiding behind her back? It was very odd, like Joy was the adult and Michelle was the naughty kid trying to get away with something. It just makes me wonder if that is a true glimpse of how the older girls interact with Michelle? It would explain why she just stood around when Joy was passing out jurisdictions, or how she was nearly useless with the wedding plans.

I wonder if the older girls just sort of take care of mom, like they do the other kids.

I get that way with my mom and she's definitely the parent. Sometimes we go to the pet store and she tries to buy too many fish and I'm like "mom we need to go now, no more." I don't actually think I have the authority over her, but she needs to be reigned in.

Okay, I read JimChelle wasn't in Chicago but in another state for a speaking engagement or fundraiser. So they lied and played with the time line. I also read that a lot of fans are pissed they showed Josie like that.

Did anyone notice Josh's lame joke about not being able to do crafts but being able to do craft services? I thought it was mildly interesting how everyone was very blasé about it. Goes to show how much the cameras have been woven into their daily life I suppose.

I've always had the impression that it's the reason why Jana stays and isn't married yet, is because she understands that Michelle is unstable. I don't think anyone forces Jana to stay, but she does run the household, so they aren't going to try to push her into any courtship she doesn't want.

She has a way of defending Michelle in situations where the other kids don't. Jana's the only one who's ever insisted that Michelle's not checked out as a parent, while the only nice thing Michelle's other kids have said about her is that she lets them hang out with the Bateses.

regarding the bedroom. I believe there are 3 twin beds (allocated originally to Joy, Jinger & Jessa) and 2 full (originally allocated to Jill & Jana). Then I noticed more recently that they had added a bunk bed over in the nook area.

In the 'gender reveal' episode for Jill when Joy was trying to get Jenny ready, Jenny was in Jill's old bed that Joy had taken over. Josie was on the top of the bunk bed. No clue where Jordyn was.

My guess is that they redid the room all pretty then shoved that ugly bunk bed back in the room. Either that or Jinger has a twin. Joy has a full, shares with Jenny. Jana has a full, shares with Josie. Jordyn moved into the bed vacated by Joy. Hannie moved into the bed vacated by Jessa - or something like that.

regarding the bedroom. I believe there are 3 twin beds (allocated originally to Joy, Jinger & Jessa) and 2 full (originally allocated to Jill & Jana). Then I noticed more recently that they had added a bunk bed over in the nook area.

In the 'gender reveal' episode for Jill when Joy was trying to get Jenny ready, Jenny was in Jill's old bed that Joy had taken over. Josie was on the top of the bunk bed. No clue where Jordyn was.

My guess is that they redid the room all pretty then shoved that ugly bunk bed back in the room. Either that or Jinger has a twin. Joy has a full, shares with Jenny. Jana has a full, shares with Josie. Jordyn moved into the bed vacated by Joy. Hannie moved into the bed vacated by Jessa - or something like that.

With 7 girls and 4 beds, that means 6 are sharing beds with someone. However, only two of these beds are doubles, which means that two people are sharing a twin (eek!). I imagine that Josie and Jordyn share one of the twin beds because they're small, and then the two full beds are shared by an older + Hannie and an older + Jenny, and then one of the olders gets her own twin bed (hopefully Jana).

The Duggar offsprings' sleeping arrangements are similar to prison. The food is pretty similar too.

But don't forget, their way is better than ours.

The Duggar offsprings' sleeping arrangements are similar to prison. The food is pretty similar too.

But don't forget, their way is better than ours.

Too true. Everything is shared. Family closet and let's not forget, once they marry off, they apparently share toothbrushes with their spouse. I am engaged and living with my fiance and I have never come up with a scenario where I needed to share my guy's toothbrush. I have my own, he has his own, and we have a small stash of unopened backups in a bathroom drawer. Not so hard. :whistle:

With 7 girls and 4 beds, that means 6 are sharing beds with someone. However, only two of these beds are doubles, which means that two people are sharing a twin (eek!). I imagine that Josie and Jordyn share one of the twin beds because they're small, and then the two full beds are shared by an older + Hannie and an older + Jenny, and then one of the olders gets her own twin bed (hopefully Jana).

I read somewhere this week that they "switched" rooms?? No explanation. Maybe they put Jana and Jessa in the "private" room where they tried on bridesmaid dresses? Interesting. Though I doubt sharing a bed is a big deal--they've done it all their lives.

I dunno? I'm late to the Duggar game so I don't really know everything. I'd find it weird that Gothardism would condone antidepressants? Could be though, definitely.

" I'd find it weird that Gothardism would condone antidepressants? Could be though, definitely" MUCH of Conservative (not even FAR right) Christianity dismisses mental health as a lack of faith. Depression, as the preacher jokes, is "all in your mind" hahahahahah. No kidding. I'm not talking way out there churches. Normal, everyday churches--not homeschooling, not skirts only, not SAHMs only. Ordinary churches with ladies in jeans who work use birth control may even be divorced and remarried. Depression and other mental illness is a lack of faith.

That is very true. My ob/gyn is a great doctor and I really like him. But when I came to him with concerns of PPD, he kind of shrugged it off and told me I should join a mommy-group and go to church. I plan to use him again if I have another child. But I will be demanding medication right after birth next time. If I didn't like all other aspects of him so much, I'd probably switch doctors.

That is very true. My ob/gyn is a great doctor and I really like him. But when I came to him with concerns of PPD, he kind of shrugged it off and told me I should join a mommy-group and go to church. I plan to use him again if I have another child. But I will be demanding medication right after birth next time. If I didn't like all other aspects of him so much, I'd probably switch doctors.

When I had my second son, the hospital I delivered him at, was on top of the PPD. I had it fairly bad with DS1, and told them that I did, the day after I had DS2. They asked what I was on for it, and the day I left the hospital, I had a script for my Paxil, all ready for me.

Archived