IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

Is it in the Duggar's contract that they have to call TLC any time anything noteworthy is going on? Obviously, the cameras weren't there when Josie began having her seizure. That means in the middle of a crisis someone had to have the presence of mind to call the cameras up. That's really mind boggling.

I don't really see how this shows Michelle AND Jim Bob (why is all the ire being directed towards Michelle? Josie has two parents) as being bad parents. You can't be around your kids every second of every day on the off chance that something might happen to them. I think Michelle is a lot less emotional than Jim Bob but I don't think that means she cares less. Actually, in this case I think Jim Bob handled the situation worse. He said in front of Josie that it was one of the scariest things that ever happened to him and it was a life threatening situation - maybe you shouldn't say stuff like that in front of a five year old because it's probably going to scare them.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont believe that the "oven" episode was real. She said that she generally doesnt preheat the oven, but decided to this time. "After a while" she started to smell it burning, yet she reached in and actually touched the manual with her bare hands. It appeared to be wrapped in plastic, which would have certainly stuck to her fingers if the oven were actually on, burning her.

The rack still had the blue tape on it, which was not warped or singed.

You could see a slight reflection of the element burning in the shot, but there was no smoke or browning of the manual. I think she turned it on and immediately realized the stuff was still in there and they moved time, as they so often do.

I dont know why its cute or funny to make her out to be a dunce.

As for Jimchelle in Chicago, if JD had flown them I would have hoped they would have flown back immediately. They must have flown commercial, or perhaps I'm giving them too much credit assuming they would have returned immediately if their daughter was hospitalized.

In regards to the bolded, I was wondering last night if they're playing up her image as the less homey, motherly one. Jill is shown cooking complex dinners (though Jana came to help). Jessa can't even preheat an oven.

Wow. Things Jessa can't do:

1. Cook. Like, at all. It's actually stunning that she hasn't even managed to pick up on how to peel carrots or that she shouldn't reach into a hot oven with bare hands given how much time you'd think she's spent around a kitchen. :roll:

Is peeling carrots regularly a thing? Growing up, my mom only peeled carrots if we were eating them raw or if aesthetics mattered. I scrub my carrots like potatoes but I rarely peel them.

However, sticking your hand in a hot oven - I got nothing. The oven was at least moderately hot as the paper curled up...but you are about to roast vegetables, how do you not have a hot pad within reach? Or a pair of tongs, towel, basically anything other than your hand.

Is peeling carrots regularly a thing? Growing up, my mom only peeled carrots if we were eating them raw or if aesthetics mattered. I scrub my carrots like potatoes but I rarely peel them.

However, sticking your hand in a hot oven - I got nothing. The oven was at least moderately hot as the paper curled up...but you are about to roast vegetables, how do you not have a hot pad within reach? Or a pair of tongs, towel, basically anything other than your hand.

Yes to the carrots thing. We always peel them. I find the skin to be bitter and tough if left on.

Stupid question, but are the adult girls sharing their beds with the little girls? I only counted 4 beds....that is weird.

I wondered the same thing. I know we've talked about the older girls having to sleep with their baby buddies before, but it's a little weird to re-do the room when the youngest is 5 and still only have 4 beds.

I dont believe that the "oven" episode was real. She said that she generally doesnt preheat the oven, but decided to this time. "After a while" she started to smell it burning, yet she reached in and actually touched the manual with her bare hands. It appeared to be wrapped in plastic, which would have certainly stuck to her fingers if the oven were actually on, burning her.

The rack still had the blue tape on it, which was not warped or singed.

You could see a slight reflection of the element burning in the shot, but there was no smoke or browning of the manual. I think she turned it on and immediately realized the stuff was still in there and they moved time, as they so often do.

I dont know why its cute or funny to make her out to be a dunce.

As for Jimchelle in Chicago, if JD had flown them I would have hoped they would have flown back immediately. They must have flown commercial, or perhaps I'm giving them too much credit assuming they would have returned immediately if their daughter was hospitalized.

I don't know how the Duggars can live with the way that they let the cameras edit their family to look certain ways, or play around with the timeline. How do they live like this? Especially when they edit it to make them look like idiots or show them in embarrassing situations. How do the parents explain that to their children, and expect them to lie and pretend it is real. How do they say "Lies are wrong, God says it is a sin, but please lie about this and pretend that it happened this way" and be able to live with themselves? Do any of them never feel embarrassed that TLC makes them out to be a certain way (especially if they deliberately choose the moments when they make stupid mistakes and make them out to be a total dumbass). Do none of them ever feel annoyed that the cameras invade their privacy? Do none of them feel embarrassed at being shown on TV in awful/painful/undignified situations, like giving birth on a toilet, at the dentist, unconscious and semi naked, having potty accidents....I guess they've been trained to accept it from being really young, the ones who were toddlers or not born when it started have never known differently, and the older ones recognise that it saved them from a life of ugly dresses, living off rice and not being able to travel....but surely they don't always like it. It seems wrong how they exploit the kids like that and turn their whole life into a lie.

Also yeah, it does seem a bit implausible that the manual was less destroyed and Jessa was able to pull it out without injury. Especially as there is nothing TLC likes more than exploiting Duggar kid pain and misery, if she had burned herself, the cameras would have eagerly followed her to the hospital to film every last detail complete with a smiley baby voiced Michelle voiceover.

I don't know how the Duggars can live with the way that they let the cameras edit their family to look certain ways, or play around with the timeline. How do they live like this? Especially when they edit it to make them look like idiots or show them in embarrassing situations. How do the parents explain that to their children, and expect them to lie and pretend it is real. How do they say "Lies are wrong, God says it is a sin, but please lie about this and pretend that it happened this way" and be able to live with themselves? Do any of them never feel embarrassed that TLC makes them out to be a certain way (especially if they deliberately choose the moments when they make stupid mistakes and make them out to be a total dumbass). Do none of them ever feel annoyed that the cameras invade their privacy? Do none of them feel embarrassed at being shown on TV in awful/painful/undignified situations, like giving birth on a toilet, at the dentist, unconscious and semi naked, having potty accidents....I guess they've been trained to accept it from being really young, the ones who were toddlers or not born when it started have never known differently, and the older ones recognise that it saved them from a life of ugly dresses, living off rice and not being able to travel....but surely they don't always like it. It seems wrong how they exploit the kids like that and turn their whole life into a lie.

Also yeah, it does seem a bit implausible that the manual was less destroyed and Jessa was able to pull it out without injury. Especially as there is nothing TLC likes more than exploiting Duggar kid pain and misery, if she had burned herself, the cameras would have eagerly followed her to the hospital to film every last detail complete with a smiley baby voiced Michelle voiceover.

Because they are about the easy money.

They think that their God talk will mitigate all their character, intellect and integrity flaws.

Beyond JD and maybe Jana, none of the other kids can support themselves or a family without relying on the Duggar name fame achieved via TLC.

One thing that really stuck out to me: when JB and Michelle came home, the hug that Josie gave them was really full-on and very sweet and heartfelt.... like the kind of hugs normal (and by normal, I mean non-Gothard) kids give their parents all the time. She was genuinely glad to see them. Then we see the side hugs for Jana and (I think) Jinger with JB. I'm just thinking, those poor older girls had to deal with a scary situation and they don't even get a proper hug from their dad.

Why don't they at least have a little girls room and a big girls room? :shifty-kitty: Makes no sense the way they do it! Oh that's right, everything odd that they do, is because the kids request it that way! :roll:

Why don't they at least have a little girls room and a big girls room? :shifty-kitty: Makes no sense the way they do it! Oh that's right, everything odd that they do, is because the kids request it that way! :roll:

The older girls WANT the littles in there so that they won't be tempted to have any personal sisterly discussions about, well, anything. Because Jesus.

One thing that stood out to me was that Josie was genuinely happy to see her mom. She ran to her, hugged her and said she was glad they were home. This is a huge difference compared to how we have seen the other children react when Michelle comes homes. It really shows just how much more she has bonded to Josie than to the, say last 10. And if she can still show so little emotion when talking about her obvious favorite, imagine how little she shows to the other children.

I've finally caught up on all the episodes, yay me!

The all about Jessa episode was pretty boring, I wish they wouldn't do all these flashback episodes with 5 minutes of new footage, they're even more boring than the regular episodes. I thought the wedding was very nice, or at least as nice as a wedding can be that is held in a parking lot in November.

I also enjoyed seeing Michelle in the thrift store. It was too funny!

But the most interesting part was obviously the honeymoon. I was yelling at the TV when Jessa was shoving Ben out on that platform. If someone is afraid of heights you don't just push them onto a glass platform! Why force someone into doing something they are terrified of? I thought they were kind of rude with the escargot but they could have been worse. If you don't want to eat something just don't eat it. Why sit there making faces at the food and smelling it? Either eat it or don't.

It looks like they had a nice trip. I don't know if anyone has said this before me but it looks like TLC followed them around for one day in each city and the rest of the time they had to themselves. Hopefully they saw a lot more than what we saw they saw. I'm really curious to know if they actually went in to any of the churches and cathedrals while they were there, being Catholic and all. Although, I wonder if they went to church while they were there? There aren't exactly as many Baptist churches in Italy as there are in Arkansas.

I enjoyed seeing them at the cooking class! I think it is a bit overwhelming for a lot of people to meet Italians for the first time and see how touchy they tend to be. There's definitely a big difference in personal boundaries between Italian culture and mainstream American culture, let alone Fundie culture.

Finally, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to feed the pigeons in Piazza San Marco.

Completely agree with the bolded - and not just about Italians in Italy either! My Fiance's family is of Italian descent (his family has been here since early last century) and are originally from New York. The first few years we dated was really kind of tough for me because they love to talk and they are very hands on with affection - coming from a much quieter German-Irish family who were restrained in physical affection, it was definitely a major adjustment. I adore them though and wouldn't trade them for anything! Lol!

One thing that stood out to me was that Josie was genuinely happy to see her mom. She ran to her, hugged her and said she was glad they were home. This is a huge difference compared to how we have seen the other children react when Michelle comes homes. It really shows just how much more she has bonded to Josie than to the, say last 10. And if she can still show so little emotion when talking about her obvious favorite, imagine how little she shows to the other children.

If Jordyn-Grace seized it would be, sorry, mommy and daddy are away for grown up time, you have Jana Buddy to help you. Oh wait, that's all the kids. Everyday.

It helps being the miracle.

tumblr_inline_nk9ehcj3Fc1t6cq3f.png

tumblr_inline_nk9ehmb0p41t6cq3f.jpg

Positives in last night's episodes.

Jackson and Johannah in a TH together (even if it was about what happened to Josie)

Jana yanking the end of JB's paint roller to force him to cover up the horse on the wall (and her associated laughter).

Cindy saying they were painting the woodwork, JB's dismay, Cindy saying he could have the woodwork in the rest of the house and (priceless here) John cracking that JB could still live in the 90's.

And while Jenny was sad about the horse going. In a few years she'll be happy they redid the room in a more grown girl manner.

I was both annoyed and creeped out by JimBob's interest and input into the re-do of the "girls' bedroom." It's their bedroom JB - keep your nose out of their business and let them re-do it however they want.

I was so fortunate to grow up with a mom who loved to re-arrange furniture, re-paint walls in all the rooms of our house, and was happy to work with her kids when we wanted to make a change in our bedrooms. She let us choose the colors we wanted, even allowing me to have a friend help me paint a truly ugly mural on my bedroom wall one year. (It was a rainbow, with butterflies fluttering around, and I think an elf or something - gah!). My dad kept his nose out of it. If it was okay with our mom, then that was good enough for him.

But the way JB went on and on - and wanting to have a say in the re-do, annoyed me no end. Could it have been staged for the show?

Poor Jana. I wonder if she'll always stay single, always remain living at home, and end up having to care for Michelle and JimBob in their dotage?

Jessa. How do you reach 22 years of age and still reach into a hot oven with your bare hands? That's embarrassing.

I'm certain the oven thing is staged. When she's hacking into the sweet potato with a bread knife, she complains that there's no vegetable knife. Then you see her chopping carrots with a proper chef's knife, one of those heavy, non-serrated blades perfect for chopping things like sweet potatoes. I think it's all part of TLC's "Jessa's not your typical housewife, she can't even cook!" storyline.

So, anyone else feel second-hand embarrassment for Jana in the room redo episode? What is she now, 25? And she's finally getting a BIG GIRL room! Not her own, of course, because a sensible grown woman who's raised a bunch of children is still seen as a child, while her much less mature sister can marry a teenager and suddenly be seen as a responsible adult. For the love of all that's holy, someone please free Jana.

Seriously. I find it sad that she is always referred to as "girl," even in serious contexts.

She is a woman, dammit. She has earned the right to be called a woman.

I'm certain the oven thing is staged. When she's hacking into the sweet potato with a bread knife, she complains that there's no vegetable knife. Then you see her chopping carrots with a proper chef's knife, one of those heavy, non-serrated blades perfect for chopping things like sweet potatoes. I think it's all part of TLC's "Jessa's not your typical housewife, she can't even cook!" storyline.

Well, TLC does have to make the kids look like individuals somehow. :lol: If they didn't people would still be complaining about the kids being little robots. So far we have the following among the older kids:

Josh, the political one who is apparently a Graphic Artist

Jana is the daughter who can do everything (but there's a big emphasis on sewing).

John-David flies planes and does a lot of work outdoors.

Jill is wonderful with kids and studies "Midwifery".

Jessa is organized and is a great "teacher".

Jinger can bake bread and take pictures.

Joseph who goes to college.

Josiah who randomly pops up with a girlfriend.

Look at how different they are!!! Look I say!!! They totally aren't mindless robots who all believe the same crap their parents taught them - the fact they have different interests and strengths totally proves it! :pull-hair:

I haven't finished last night's episode yet. But I know that in old episodes you can see the older girls' beds are off to the left of the room. And then there's another section of room with some trundle (sp?) beds for the little girls.

Didn't Jessa ask for a shit ton of knives and other kitchen gadget type implements in her registry? Why didn't she just use one of those?

I am actually surprised that they are playing up the "Jessa can't cook!" theme. It seems like a major fail of the Gothard standards of female behavior. Aren't all those girls supposed to be training to be helpmeets from the time they can walk? Isn't that the reason they are homeschooled and not going to college? What went wrong in the Duggar household?

Seriously, I would have expected all of the girls to be quite proficient in cooking, sewing and household cleaning and management. Not because I think that is what every girl should do but because they are deeply entrenched in a cult that espouses preparing to be a helpmeet as the only option for girls.

Can you say "HY PO CRITES"?

Didn't Jessa ask for a shit ton of knives and other kitchen gadget type implements in her registry? Why didn't she just use one of those?

She is probably using those for other purposes.

There is one hidden along with the weapons she registered for, for her plans to become America's most well known serial killer.

There is one hidden under the bed just in case she decides to give Ben a vasectomy as he sleeps if the idea of having five under five gets too much.

She has a few that she uses to throw at a picture of Jimbob.

She tried to use one to eat soup with, but just couldn't figure it out.

She tried to cut a pie she incinerated made and broke three knives.

So why was JimChelle in Chicago? ? And poor Jana. Thank goodness the film crew was there the poor girl didn't know what to do. And who cares about your pregnancy or cravings. Sad that Josie is being pimped out can't anything be private.

Let me get this straight: these girls are so overprotected that they need to have chaperones for skype courtships, but it's totally okay to go to Chicago and leave them home alone with a film crew made up of heathen menfolk? What about the Umbrella of Protection? Gramma Duggar can't be the one holding it, cos she's a girl. :shifty-kitty:

Archived