IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

McKynzie (or however you spell it): "Blah, blah, blah, so, yeah, it was really special." ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

She is almost 6= she's getting the full indoctrination. Sad, another generation affected.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure some of the bills for the 70 hour Deliverypaloooza have started arriving at Chez Dilly at this point. It's been our experience that the hospital bills, along with every party that assisted (OB, anesthesiologist, etcetera). Does derickdillard have the stones to show those bills to his wife while telling her that the only reason why they don't have tens of thousands in medical bills from Iz's birth was because of his Wal Mart provided medical insurance?

Jim Boob (allegedly) carries high-deductible insurance. Again, allegedly. He can absorb a tens of thousands bill. (He didn't have to when Josie was in the hospital since she was on state-decreed Medicaid, but I digress.) No matter how much money they've made from People magazine covers and paid appearances, an uninsured C-section birth would still be a significant financial hit.

This all makes me remember that old tagline from MTV's Real World, which I believe was something like "we stopped being polite and got real". It's time for derickdillard to get real on a number of subjects, one of which is the fact that reality fame is fleeting and Jim Boob does not have enough money to support his entire family indefinitely. If Jilly Muffin insists on another "blessing" every year or so, they're going to need great health insurance with a low deductible.

Assuming Derrick takes the insurance. Maybe it covers the wrong types of birth control?

Jim-Bob is not Gil Bates. He has real insurance. He acts stupid, but he's pretty alert on financial stuff and he has had insurance license [whatever it is you get to sell insurance--I think its a license].

Assuming Derrick takes the insurance. Maybe it covers the wrong types of birth control?

Jim-Bob is not Gil Bates. He has real insurance. He acts stupid, but he's pretty alert on financial stuff and he has had insurance license [whatever it is you get to sell insurance--I think its a license].

He was in the insurance business as well as real estate? If so, he certainly is a dabbler. Too bad his time management and work ethics are so sub par.

$20 to the local baby pantry says that Smuggar did no such thing. Take money out of his pocket? They should be paying HIM. After all, he's fighting back against the evils of abortion every day with the FRC!

:angry-banghead:

I'm new to insta, so I could be wrong, but I think I've noticed a new FRC campaign from Joshie's social media--something about how fetuses feel pain, so don't abort them (I can't look it up right now b/c it offends me too much) and the cynic in me wonders if this maternity house visit ties into this fetus pain promotion thingy. It's pretty shitty to exploit poor women of color like that, Josh. smdh

I can't imagine that Derrick doesn't have insurance from Wally World, if for no other reason than he watched his mother go in and out of the hospital with cancer....

A giant teddy bear is possibly the worst gift to give someone with a newborn. Especially one who is struggling to afford diapers, formula and clothes.

Seriously. I dread the kids being given teddy bears by people, as they don't play with them, just let them gather dust under their bed.

I can't imagine that Derrick doesn't have insurance from Wally World, if for no other reason than he watched his mother go in and out of the hospital with cancer....

And wasn't there a picture on DD's Instagram of an envelope addressed to Izzy from WM? I assumed that had something to do with his insurance. Although, I guess it could have been a welcome card of some sort.

Also, I will admit I wanted to know more about Courtney, the crew member that gave birth in China. How far along was she? I would be FREAKED out if I was giving birth so far from home, especially if I didn't know the language. Not to mention, from the pictures it looked like the baby was briefly in the NICU.

from what I remember she was mayyyybe around 35 weeks? and she went into early labor in China. Janna and Jill acted as her support team until the Chinese doctors kicked them out. (guess they don’t have good Dula/midwife relations in China ;) ) and after the baby was born the parents weren’t aloud to see it for 2 or 3 days. they weren’t told why/ or couldn’t communicate well enough to get answers. the Duggers went on and left them in that city. I want to say they stayed at the hospital for a few weeks? don’t quote me on any of this because I’m just remembering from 2 years ago. I do know for a fact that it was scary crazy to deliver there and for a while they had no idea where they fuck their daughter was. I wouldn’t wish that experience on anyone.

edit for spelling

maybe one of the women can use it as a pregnancy pillow!!

I do hope there was more behind the scenes though, with some $$....

Smuggles tweeted last night (right around the time the train derailment was making news) a picture of them with the poor, unfortunate women and asked for donations. Thanks Smugs!

I'm new to insta, so I could be wrong, but I think I've noticed a new FRC campaign from Joshie's social media--something about how fetuses feel pain, so don't abort them (I can't look it up right now b/c it offends me too much) and the cynic in me wonders if this maternity house visit ties into this fetus pain promotion thingy. It's pretty shitty to exploit poor women of color like that, Josh. smdh

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house ... le/2564465

The house passed a "fetal pain" abortion ban bill today, thats what he's blathering about. Abortions after 20 weeks, when they claim a fetus can feel pain, would be illegal except in rape and health. Roe v. Wade "viability" standard be damned, apparently.

The house passed a "fetal pain" abortion ban bill today, thats what he's blathering about. Abortions after 20 weeks, when they claim a fetus can feel pain, would be illegal except in rape and health. Roe v. Wade "viability" standard be damned, apparently.

Please, God, let there have been provisions for early intervention and contraception in that bill.

Thanks. I figured it out after I posted. :cry:

Ben was shown helping set up the signs outside.

I saw a brief shot of Jessa but it appeared to me like she was trying to avoid the camera. Maybe because her pregnancy was showing?

Oh boy, that ridiculous over the top gender reveal party with the "flocked" lawn. Is Sierra going to be the replacement for Amy? Crazy how that makes me miss Amy a little bit. (BTW, couldn't sleep last night and so I turned on the tv. Old episodes were playing, including the one where the older kids and JB take a mission trip and leave Michelle at home to pretend to mother her younger kids. Amy comes over to help clean the disgusting bathrooms. Michelle, in describing Amy, says, "She has a heart. She's got so much energy." Wow, faint praise indeed, considering every living person has a heart.)

Josh and Anna visiting a home for homeless pregnant women and donating a huge teddy bear? OMFG. These phonies make me sick. If you really want to help support these women, donate something they could actually use you effing morons.

Poor Michael = told to paint gawd awful fugly plastic flamingos but "don't get paint on your clothes." Is there a lick of common sense in any of the Duggars? Nice way to set up a little kid to fail.

Why was the lady flying in her 3rd trimester? Isn't that not recommended? Could that be why she ended up giving birth early? Also I don't really know anything about roe vs wade so please excuse my ignorance when I ask why is a 20 week cut off bad? Isn't half the length of a pregnancy enough time to decide if you want an abortion or not? Does it have to do with if a fetus would be able to survive outside the womb at that time? The earliest I've heard was 25 weeks.

Why was the lady flying in her 3rd trimester? Isn't that not recommended? Could that be why she ended up giving birth early? Also I don't really know anything about roe vs wade so please excuse my ignorance when I ask why is a 20 week cut off bad? Isn't half the length of a pregnancy enough time to decide if you want an abortion or not? Does it have to do with if a fetus would be able to survive outside the womb at that time? The earliest I've heard was 25 weeks.

Courtney apparently fell on some steps and ended up rupturing her bag of water. Sending her to the hospital. I thought I heard she was 37 weeks?! But I could be wrong!

I'm sure some of the bills for the 70 hour Deliverypaloooza have started arriving at Chez Dilly at this point. It's been our experience that the hospital bills, along with every party that assisted (OB, anesthesiologist, etcetera). Does derickdillard have the stones to show those bills to his wife while telling her that the only reason why they don't have tens of thousands in medical bills from Iz's birth was because of his Wal Mart provided medical insurance?

Jim Boob (allegedly) carries high-deductible insurance. Again, allegedly. He can absorb a tens of thousands bill. (He didn't have to when Josie was in the hospital since she was on state-decreed Medicaid, but I digress.) No matter how much money they've made from People magazine covers and paid appearances, an uninsured C-section birth would still be a significant financial hit.

This all makes me remember that old tagline from MTV's Real World, which I believe was something like "we stopped being polite and got real". It's time for derickdillard to get real on a number of subjects, one of which is the fact that reality fame is fleeting and Jim Boob does not have enough money to support his entire family indefinitely. If Jilly Muffin insists on another "blessing" every year or so, they're going to need great health insurance with a low deductible.

I haven't read through the rest of this thread yet, but doesn't Derick have insurance through WalMart? So wouldn't he just have to pay the deductible (anywhere between $500 and $1500 I presume) and be done with it? That's how it works for my children, who have insurance through their father. I get a bill and then it shows what insurance paid and I pay the rest, which is usually under $100. I thought WalMart gave health insurance to their admin, like accountants?

Okay so never mind my last post. I swear I read that quoted post several times and still didn't see the "they wouldn't have the bills without his walmart insurance". That's what I get for reading and listening to TV at the same time. My screw up - sorry.

But it still makes me wonder about insurance. Walmart is notorious for not providing for their employees. (I've actually read articles explaining how every dollar saved at walmart, costs tax payers $2 bc so many of their employees are on medicaid and/or food stamps while receiving free school lunches and headstart placements for their children.) But I would assume DerickDillard has insurance bc he's admin. Does anyone know for sure??

I must say... I can't stand She-Scare-Ya. The flamingos were an awful idea.

When the crew mentioned how patient JB & M are, I wondered if they were lying through their teeth.

I must say... I can't stand She-Scare-Ya. The flamingos were an awful idea.

When the crew mentioned how patient JB & M are, I wondered if they were lying through their teeth.

How hard is it be patient when you're never home or rarely the primary caregiver? They should have commented on the demeanors of the actual people girls parenting the kids.

How hard is it be patient when you're never home or rarely the primary caregiver? They should have commented on the demeanors of the actual people girls parenting the kids.

I stand corrected. :)

I've seen JB do some parenting but whenever Michelle is forced to do something with the littles alone, because TV, she looks annoyed and out of her element. She can barely wrangle them together enough to do whatever scripted activity the producers put together.

The current accepted standard from Roe vs. Wade and other follow-up cases is that you cannot ban abortion before the fetus is viable (24-25 weeks). So basically, while the fetus is still 100% dependent on the mother and can't survive outside the womb, it's her choice.

However, people have been trying to push that boundary. While 20 weeks may sound like a long time to be able to decide whether you want an abortion, it's not that simple. There are many reasons a woman might need an abortion later than that. A few examples:

-The decision was complicated by a change in circumstance (e.g. the woman lost her job).

-The woman did not realize she was pregnant right away and may have only had a few weeks to think about it since she found out.

-The woman knew she wanted an abortion, but needed time to get the money together. And the longer she waits, the more complicated and expensive the procedure gets.

-The woman's health is fine, but the fetus has a fatal or painful defect.

I'm not saying any of these reasons are right or wrong or would result in the same decision for everyone, just trying to provide some perspective on why an abortion happens after 20 weeks. According to the Guttmacher Institute, only 1.2% of all abortions occur this late in pregnancy, so they're not exactly widespread. But things happen and the service needs to be there for these women. Not only can these bans actually cause the fetus MORE pain in the case of some physical defects, but they prevent doctors from learning how to do the procedure properly. Then, in an emergency situation when the mother's life is on the line, no one knows how to save her.

If you're interested to know more, there is a recent documentary called After Tiller (it's on Netflix) that looks at clinics providing late term abortions. Did you know there are only four facilities in the country willing to do this? It's already very prohibitive for women to get this service. The women who get these late term abortions really need/want them.

Archived