IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

wait, Michelle gave up her crib? could she actually be sane enough to realize that she is done? I would have thought that would have to pry her baby stuff out of her cold dead fingers, over her dead body.

In a previous episode, Michelle claimed that she and Jim Bob would be keeping the diaper-changing station in the house for visitors and the inevitable grandchildren that would come to visit. I can actually see the sense in this, since the current crop of married kids is shaping up to supply the whole mess of grandkids required to meet Michelle and Jim Bob's demand. Michelle probably does have a crib on hand for the same reason. If Jill and Derick come over for dinner, and Baby Izzy gets tired, then they'll have somewhere to put him down for a nap.

I think it's true that the talking heads with the littles are entirely scripted. There was a time where Josie seemed to take over and interrupt Jordyn and Jenny a lot. not long after that, I noticed that she sat with her arms folded and scowled while her siblings talked. Josie didn't say a single word in that particular TH. My guess is that the show's producers told her to stop talking over her sisters so much. :lol:

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, please, as the as the photo op was over, I'm sure the crib was put right back in Mullet's room. :?

Yes, right next to her side of the bed where she polishes it nightly. :lol:

"My PRECIOUSSSS..." :D

We don't need a two hour recap of the births we've already seen on TV, TLC. You're running out of material.

We don't need a two hour recap of the births we've already seen on TV, TLC. You're running out of material.

THREE hours... they're clearly smoking crack.

THREE hours... they're clearly smoking crack.

That's really excessive. What got preempted so they can air it? Are there going to be disappointed Cake Boss fans, for instance, who tune in and see this when they're expecting to see Buddy? /I'm out of the loop and have no idea what's on TLCs regular schedule

Oh my God...is it seriously THREE hours of Duggars pushing out babies? Not sure if I can stomach that. Though I am curious to see how the Jill/Israel episode turns out.

I think they're going to go through the cutting room floor for EVERY duggar birth they've ever captured.

I just REALLY hope they leave out the disgusting "cervical softening" episode.

Eww. I don't think I've seen that one. Or if I have, I must have blocked it out.

I wonder how much of it I can drown out if I bring the shredder into the living room and watch tonight while shredding old papers of my mother's. Because I'll watch but oish the thought of revisiting some of that again is a bit :pink-shock:

Eww. I don't think I've seen that one. Or if I have, I must have blocked it out.

They went to a birthing class. Michelle tries out various positions. The words "cervical softening" were (I think) written somewhere, and they talk about having sex at the end of the pregnancy because semen... you know... :ew:

[bBvideo 560,340:378e3rr9]

[/bBvideo]

Found it... Its around 3:30 in and its worse than I remember...

YAY MODESTY!

[bBvideo 560,340:2vbpzvpo]
[/bBvideo]

YAY MODESTY!

I had forgotten all about this and now I will for sure never ever be able to unsee this. :brain-bleach:

Ugh. It bothers me the way she talks to these grown adults about sex as if they are teenagers or something.

Question #1. When teaching about cervical softening, am I mistaken or did Miss Theresa say something about a good tool?

Question #2. Do we have any eye bleach?

The old-fashioned contraction of "are not" is "ain't". I wish American English would adopt amn't if ain't is to be considered bad grammar. A question for the Brits: I think I've heard Lord Peter Wimsey saying "ain't" in some of the old series starring Ian Carmichael. Were my ears deceiving me? Could Lord Peter get away with saying something that in the US would be considered bad grammar and low class because he definitely was well-educated and upper class?

No, your ears didn't deceive you. Lord Peter, Eton and Balliol, and brother of a Duke, spoke in a very affected ungrammatical slang popular among the upper-most layer of the upper crust during the 1920s. It was part of his cover of just being an effete and prattling aristocratic twit and not a brilliant detective. I quite liked Ian Carmichael in the role but Nigel Havers, in his youth, has always been more my idea of Wimsey. Dorothy Sayers quite fell in love with the imaginary Wimsey, and he becomes almost unbearably perfect in the later books. Harriet Vane, especially in Strong Poison, is a thinly disguised self-portrait. Also, unlike Harriet Vane, but like Edith in Downton Abbey, Sayers had an out-of-wedlock child.

Back to topic, Is TLC seriously expecting people to watch a 3 hour VSE of the birth? I dozed off in the Jessa's wedding episode when watching it On Demand. It was like watching paint dry. I haven't even bothered with any more recent episodes.

Anyone here actually planning on watching the whole thing?? I don't think I can stomach it.

[bBvideo 560,340:32s4g29f]
[/bBvideo]

YAY MODESTY!

This was the first episode I saw where I really went "That's not reality. They so set that up!" After having fifteen billion kids, it seems unlikely Michelle would go back to a birthing class. I know plenty of parents that go for refresher classes second time round or after a gap or just for the social side of it. In Michelle's case, with so many kids at home needing her attention and her last birth only about 18months earlier, this had to be a set up.

Anyone here actually planning on watching the whole thing?? I don't think I can stomach it.

Not in one sitting. I'm planning on recapping tomorrow night live but I cant do FIVE hours of Duggars in one week. I think that would be grounds for divorce. :lol:

I will probably half pay attention to the birth special. I'm sure it's just the same old stuff.

And yeah, that birth class was definitely just for show. For one, she's about ready to pop that kid out and people typically do the birth classes earlier. Plus, it's usually like a month or two long, once a week or something like that. But I bet they went to ONE class for the show and that's it.

Cue the narrator with the creepy voice!

And I'm so not watching just to avoid a final project... :roll:

lolololol, they just showed Jill's "I hope it's a boy ((this was regarding Jackson's birth)) because then we would have 10 boys and 5 girls so half and half"

Classic.

I am NOT recapping this shit, just starting out.

Its almost time for the vagina diaries (aka duggar birthin!)

We have a new narrator!

There is a fucking countdown to Jill's VSE

This starts with shit we've already seen, Boob's telling of how they met. Michelle in full out frumptasm talking about how she was "knit" to boob... blah blah

I'm actually surprised they're reshowing them as they were in 14KAC. Josh was such a smug ass...Jill still cant do math.

Michelle badly needed a new bra.

They havent gotten better at amazing grace

The whole brood goes in for the ultrasound. She had the modesty blanket even back then.

They fast forward in time and now its time to head to the hospital. She heads off for a c section because the baby is sideways. They pull him Jackson out in a very unduggarlike way, actually showing it.

The famous scene of them all crowded around the hospital bed... Michelle rambles that she loves children, they're a gift and a blessing.

Jackson is shown a year later... Michelle is now pregnant with #16. The kids are shown saying "we want a boy/girl" strictly by part lines.

She heads off and we meet Dr. Sarver, probably because she wanted that Vbac pretty bad.

Josh guesses whether they meet the maximum capacity of the elevator.

Dr. Sarver calls them "normal and grounded"... Michelle and her terrible makeup gets the U/S. You can actually see her belly... no modesty blanket. They blur it out in a later scene. Its a girl. Jana is very happy, Johannah is on the way (no voting on this name, I guess). Michelle is wearing FUCK ME RED lipstick.

Sarver explains the c section scar is weaker. They'll plan accordingly. Michelle looks at all the baby pictures in the hallway. Sarver says that Michelle is comfortable with her body...

Shit, I just watched these old specials last week. So...it's basically the same thing. Lovely.

Duggar birthin frenzy (part 2)

Its time for Johannah to be birthed. Boob helps Michelle in the car. They actually leave in the girls making him breakfast and giving it to them as they get to the car.

Michelle gets to the hospital with her hair crunched out. She is put in a wheelchair and then a bed. She explains the onset of her contractions. They're at 3 minutes.

Jana and Jill are there to help her through the delivery, they stand by her shoulder. A woman with what appears to be a camera stands in front of them. Michelle prays and the baby is born. She isnt really crying as they cut the cord. Sarver puts her on Michelle's chest, not against the skin (of course).

I bet all these kids are thrilled that their birth is being shown again.

2 years pass and now they're at the TTH.

Boob and J'chelle try to name all the kids in order, they keep fucking up. She's pregnant again. Time for Jennifer!

August 2007. She goes into labor and they show they're all packed. Kids draw pictures. Michelle squats as she has a contraction. She smiles and leans against the bed. They call and say its time to head to the hospital.

She goes down the twisty stairs, boob has breakfast (cinamon roles this time) in the car. They go to the hospital at 5 am. She's wheeled in... Jana, Jessa, and Jill are there. Michelle asks them to pray for her and the baby and a fast, easy delivery. One of the girls has a camcorder.

Jennifer is born (after michelle recites her famous "they call it labor for a reason, its hard work!" She is handed to michelle. The rest of the family comes in to meet her.

Shots of all the kids sitting in a flower chair holding her.

September 2008

Anna TH explains how they met. Josh says its love at first sight for him, but took a while for her. They show the June, 2008 proposal with the balloons.

Anna's crunchy nasty hair... I forgot about that! Love the sidehug after the proposal. AND HAND SECKS!

Flash forward to the september wedding. Didnt we see this 2 weeks ago?

"several weeks later..."

They're picking baby names for poor, forgotten, Jordyn. Josh suggests "juanita." They laugh. JD says he doesnt think. Josh and Anna are wearing matching clothes... she's sitting on him. The girls try to bribe others to vote for Jordyn Makiah... glad to see he taught them how politics really works.

So Dr.server?? Said Michelle had too many vaginal births and two c-sections that she's high risk. JB describe the doctor has caring, smart and quick thinker. A woman. He said a woman was smart. Too bad he didn't listen to that woman doctor about Michelle's high risk pregnancy. And surprise that a doctor with a real degree can treat them.

And what's with these people covering up their stomach for an ultrasound but it's okay for cameras to be filming your vagina.

Tlc must be desperate, for showing 10 years of fucking births.

Archived