IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

Questions for the medical folks: Do you think Josie is taking anti-seizure medicine? Does it depend on whether or not the seizures only happen when she has a fever?

I'm not sure I believe that she has had only 3 or 4 seizures, since James was so quickly able to figure out what was going on.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Questions for the medical folks: Do you think Josie is taking anti-seizure medicine? Does it depend on whether or not the seizures only happen when she has a fever?

I'm not sure I believe that she has had only 3 or 4 seizures, since James was so quickly able to figure out what was going on.

I have worked with infants who have had seizures (Nicu) and who were on anti-seizure medications. These seizures were not caused by febrile episodes, but for various other reasons. I wonder when her seizure activity started, in the Nicu or as a child?

But not unexpected.

You can't have 19 children without becoming an emotional husk of a person.

At least, that's what I'm pinning it on. I don't want to believe that this woman started out having no maternal feelings. I really don't.

I thought Michelle is on antidepressants?

My thought exactly.

Thank God that James spoke to her and knew what was happening. Wonder how long she'd been seizing at that point.

Your child had a seizure and was hospitalized while you were out of town.

She has only seized 3 or 4 times (reportedly), so it's not a daily, or even regular, thing for her.

You get finally get home... and you grab your clipboard and markers before coming into the house.

If Boob and J'Cheele are so mildly concerned when the cameras are pointed at them, what the hell goes on when the cameras aren't there?

Poor lil' Glitch.

I couldn't believe that Boob and DQ didn't even thank Jana on camera. Nothing about how remarkable she did while handling such a traumatic episode. And yeah, even Jessa showed a material moment when carrying an exhausted Josie into the house.

Boob and DQ just make me sick. :angry-banghead:

So, I really wish if we had to see Jill shopping for nursery stuff, they would have shown the nursery. Can't believe Jessa didn't check the oven before using it. The girls room looks so much better; glad they won out over JB's ideas to just paint around everything. He and His wife need to travel to this time period. It's horrible that Jana had to go through that with Josie while JB and M were in Chicago. It's a good thing that James could recognize the signs!

Also, in that sneak peek video of Jill's birth that they advertised tonight, they said she didn't go to the hospital until 48 hours into labor. Quite different than her People article, right?

I thought Michelle is on antidepressants?

I dunno? I'm late to the Duggar game so I don't really know everything. I'd find it weird that Gothardism would condone antidepressants? Could be though, definitely.

Stupid question, but are the adult girls sharing their beds with the little girls? I only counted 4 beds....that is weird.

Stupid question, but are the adult girls sharing their beds with the little girls? I only counted 4 beds....that is weird.

Pretty sure they have trundles. The boys definitely do.

Wow. Things Jessa can't do:

1. Cook. Like, at all. It's actually stunning that she hasn't even managed to pick up on how to peel carrots or that she shouldn't reach into a hot oven with bare hands given how much time you'd think she's spent around a kitchen. :roll:

2. Kiss. Why do she and Bin just... gently touch teeth?

I don't believe that I am saying this but it seems that Josh is turning out to be a good dad and he doesn't seem to follow Michael Pearl's training guide.

I have worked with infants who have had seizures (Nicu) and who were on anti-seizure medications. These seizures were not caused by febrile episodes, but for various other reasons. I wonder when her seizure activity started, in the Nicu or as a child?

My premie had mild seizures which weren't noticeable, but were detectable on her EEGs that she had regularly in the NICU. (She'd had a grade 1 brain bleed.) Katherine was on phenobarbital until she died at 11 months. I still remember the day that the neonatologist called me to tell me about Katherine having seizures. I had just finished pumping and I stood there by the phone listening to the neo and holding my pumped milk that I'd not had a chance to store in the fridge. I remember that I'd had an unusually good pumping and I had to pour all the milk out because I'd not stored it right away.

ETA: hockeymoo, I reached into a hot oven barehanded when I was a kid. Burned the hell out of my hand. Never did it again. Yeah, I'd think she should have known.

Glad I didn't watch it... just the promo made me uneasy. Was it seriously 3 minutes? 3 FREAKING MINUTES of the episode? Was it really essential to air it? Couldn't they just have showed another scene of Jessa shopping for food or boring stuff like they always do?

Argh! I already hated the fact they the Duggars sold their family for the bucks, but now they are literally selling footage of sick little girl who never asked to be filmed while having a seizure. Fuck these idiots. :angry-banghead:

The show is so heavily staged that I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa's cooking segment was all fake. We saw it with Anna and the Thanksgiving dinner one year. Besides, Jessa was a J-slave. At the very least, she knows how to make tater tot casserole, which does require an oven.

If I could find a live stream I might start watching the show again, just so I could type STAGED!!!!! every few minutes on here in real time. :pull-hair:

So why was JimChelle in Chicago? ? And poor Jana. Thank goodness the film crew was there the poor girl didn't know what to do. And who cares about your pregnancy or cravings. Sad that Josie is being pimped out can't anything be private.

So why was JimChelle in Chicago? ? And poor Jana. Thank goodness the film crew was there the poor girl didn't know what to do. And who cares about your pregnancy or cravings. Sad that Josie is being pimped out can't anything be private.

I don't know why the parental units were in Chicago, but I checked JD's flight records, documented here, and I don't think he flew them. The plane was on the ground for a month straight until Feb 11; coincidently the same day TLC started promoting Josie's seizure. Yes, we've had two and a half months to anticipate that mess.

Aside from the poor taste in making money that TLC continues to show, is it likely that TLC just threw Michelle under the bus and then ran back over her? Is there any way to see this as a leg-humper and feel that she is a good parent?

Aside from the poor taste in making money that TLC continues to show, is it likely that TLC just threw Michelle under the bus and then ran back over her? Is there any way to see this as a leg-humper and feel that she is a good parent?

They've kinda hit her a few times this season. Off the top of my head: Doesn't homeschool and intended on passing the work to the oldest ones, doesn't do or assign chores, and now isn't around for Josie for the second time. It's interesting :)

BTW, my mom is a hardcore fan of these people and even she pointed out issues tonight, such as Michelle not being there. She also interjected at one point, "Wait, there's only one girls room? But I thought this room was only for the older girls. Where do the little ones sleep?" I think she noticed the amount of beds. :D I keep trying to get her to research Gothard and Quiverfull, but she won't. Maybe this will get her thinking about their parenting skills.

I did enjoy the fact that Josh bought a rack of lamb because Jill said that she wanted lamb., those suckers are expensive.

I feel sorry for poor Ben. Im surprised the poor guy doesn't have food poisoning. You could teach a monkey to cook and it would do better than Jessa. She seems to know that she makes the same mistakes over and over-not being careful, not measuring properly...come on! Sometimes I think she is one of the smarter Duggars, because she isn't keeping sweet when life is shit and sometimes it feels like she is trying to troll us, but sometimes I am surprised she has enough brain cells to breathe. Surely everyone her age knows not to put their bare hands in the oven?

Or maybe she does it on purpose because she is trying to rebel against the idea that she should be able to do these things because she has a vagina? Or because everyone sees the Duggar girls as perfect future housewives, and she wants to show them that she is different because she definitely is not....but she did just almost set her oven on fire.

Jimbob, if you want to keep that house for a newer couple when their family outgrows it, maybe ban Jessa from using the kitchen. :lol:

Although just as I was laughing at this, I just nearly burned my own cooking. I think its karma. :embarrassed:

I feel sorry for poor Ben. Im surprised the poor guy doesn't have food poisoning. You could teach a monkey to cook and it would do better than Jessa. She seems to know that she makes the same mistakes over and over-not being careful, not measuring properly...come on! Sometimes I think she is one of the smarter Duggars, because she isn't keeping sweet when life is shit and sometimes it feels like she is trying to troll us, but sometimes I am surprised she has enough brain cells to breathe. Surely everyone her age knows not to put their bare hands in the oven?

Or maybe she does it on purpose because she is trying to rebel against the idea that she should be able to do these things because she has a vagina? Or because everyone sees the Duggar girls as perfect future housewives, and she wants to show them that she is different because she definitely is not....but she did just almost set her oven on fire.

Jimbob, if you want to keep that house for a newer couple when their family outgrows it, maybe ban Jessa from using the kitchen. :lol:

Although just as I was laughing at this, I just nearly burned my own cooking. I think its karma. :embarrassed:

I'm not the most accurate measurer, but I do better than Jessa (most of the time). The key is knowing what you do and don't have to measure properly. If you're throwing veggies into something, it's usually okay to approximate. A lot of recipes specify a certain amount of oil in the pan, but that can usually be approximated, too. If it's desserts and baked goods, I'm usually a lot more careful because the ratios tend to be a lot more precise.

I still don't understand how she was raised to be a home maker and can barely wipe her ass, though. :think:

I dont believe that the "oven" episode was real. She said that she generally doesnt preheat the oven, but decided to this time. "After a while" she started to smell it burning, yet she reached in and actually touched the manual with her bare hands. It appeared to be wrapped in plastic, which would have certainly stuck to her fingers if the oven were actually on, burning her.

The rack still had the blue tape on it, which was not warped or singed.

You could see a slight reflection of the element burning in the shot, but there was no smoke or browning of the manual. I think she turned it on and immediately realized the stuff was still in there and they moved time, as they so often do.

I dont know why its cute or funny to make her out to be a dunce.

As for Jimchelle in Chicago, if JD had flown them I would have hoped they would have flown back immediately. They must have flown commercial, or perhaps I'm giving them too much credit assuming they would have returned immediately if their daughter was hospitalized.

So, anyone else feel second-hand embarrassment for Jana in the room redo episode? What is she now, 25? And she's finally getting a BIG GIRL room! Not her own, of course, because a sensible grown woman who's raised a bunch of children is still seen as a child, while her much less mature sister can marry a teenager and suddenly be seen as a responsible adult. For the love of all that's holy, someone please free Jana.

Archived