IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 5

Coconut Flan

Jill, the one that everyone thought would rock married life, homemaking and mothering, has proven to have very limited skills in her appointed "role."

All talk, no action thy name is Duggar.

This!!! After all the talk regarding roles and how girls are born loving to do certain things ie, cooking, homemaking, child rearing, it is interesting that so far the only thing that they can do is get pregnant. It is baffling that since these were the skills they were born plus being delegated to these rolls early on by crazy lazy parents you'd think they'd at the very least get the easy part down.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This!!! After all the talk regarding roles and how girls are born loving to do certain things ie, cooking, homemaking, child rearing, it is interesting that so far the only thing that they can do is get pregnant. It is baffling that since these were the skills they were born plus being delegated to these rolls early on by crazy lazy parents you'd think they'd at the very least get the easy part down.

From what I have seen, and maybe this is what TLC wants to show, JANA, the oldest daughter still stuck at home, is the one daughter who is the complete package [as defined by Gothard, not SP]. She is kind (sweet), considerate, hard working and skilled. She seems to be the worker bee and the one who actually received some parenting or went the extra step to acquire the needed skills to be useful. Jill, Jessa and Jinger...puppets.

Apparently, Jill was all talk. She was a good babysitter for older little ones...doesn't seem to know anything about babies.

I wonder if being exposed and the media backlash, is part of why she seems to be in such a malaise at this point?

As a woman who suffered from PPD I have a lot of sympathy for Jill. Sometimes you can do everything "right" and still feel like crap. It happens, it sucks, and she's in the absolute worst kind of place to get emotional support.

I mean, can you imagine what a "mothering makes me feel like crap" conversation would be like with anyone she knows?

As a woman who suffered from PPD I have a lot of sympathy for Jill. Sometimes you can do everything "right" and still feel like crap. It happens, it sucks, and she's in the absolute worst kind of place to get emotional support.

I mean, can you imagine what a "mothering makes me feel like crap" conversation would be like with anyone she knows?

She has such a wide network of help- there has to be someone [LOOKING AT YOU DERICK] who could get her the help that she might need.

I am not saying she needs help- I am saying IF she needs help.

From what I have seen, and maybe this is what TLC wants to show, JANA, the oldest daughter still stuck at home, is the one daughter who is the complete package [as defined by Gothard, not SP]. She is kind (sweet), considerate, hard working and skilled. She seems to be the worker bee and the one who actually received some parenting or went the extra step to acquire the needed skills to be useful. Jill, Jessa and Jinger...puppets.

Apparently, Jill was all talk. She was a good babysitter for older little ones...doesn't seem to know anything about babies.

I wonder if being exposed and the media backlash, is part of why she seems to be in such a malaise at this point?

I completely agree!

LOLOL. I just saw an ad for the "very special" C-section show. Well played Dilly. You figured out how to get more airplay than giving birth on the toilet. Emergency C-section, and you get a very special episode!

I’m the kind of person that would have cooked the manual. I grew up where nothing was stored in the oven and just automatically turn my oven on w/o checking it. this causes issues every time in at my MIL’s because they store a Pizza stone in the oven. 9 times out of 10 I preheat the pizza stone withe the oven. the rest of it.. eh it seams edited to make her look bad.

The fact that the girls room is Boobs favorite room makes me want to barf. My headship always says he gives off a weird vibe with his daughters and I totally saw it in that comment.

Growing up, we had a gas stove. Sometimes my mom would put a loaf of frozen bread in the oven (turned off) to slowly thaw out. And sometimes, she'd forget it was in there and preheat the oven for something. So I don't fault Jessa for not thinking to look inside the oven before turning it on.

JimBob is the parent who seems more hands on with his children; the one who likes to do fun things with them; and we've seen him both giving and receiving affection from the girls, especially the little ones. I think his squicky attachment to his daughters must stem from his insecurity as a teenager somehow. It's like his daughters are his harem, yet in an asexual manner. Something about having all these beautiful girls and young women as his daughters must bolster his ego. With JimBob, everything seems to trace back to his childhood self and his feelings of inadequacy.

I find it interesting that the girls get a room redo (finally - quite frankly the room should never have been decorated the way it was by the decorator brought in to begin with. Said decorator should have considered current whims/desires vs growing girls who wouldn't be what, 11-15/16 forever). The boys, meanwhile are in the same bunk bed filled room more or less piled like firewood. (I do not want to consider what that room smells like either)

I give Jana a pass since before I lived someplace with an open kitchen/living room floor plant I have been known to burn water if I left the kitchen and got distracted.

re Josie, I couldn't understand most of what a very good friend's oldest daughter said before she went to kindergarten. She was watching during the day by her grandmother while my friend worked. Frankly, this friend probably would have qualified to get her kids into head start and didn't. The Duggar kids with speech or other learning issues are likely missing the benefit public schools can offer with things like speech therapy. Yes, they could go do that privately, but that would require paying attention to your kids or admitting your family wasn't utterly perfect.

I think most premies I know see an Occupational Therapist well before age 2 (and beyond, as needed.) But I am assuming they never did anything like this for Josie...?

Agreed! My nephew also had little speech problems before he started kindergarten. He used to mix his Cs and Ts, and other minor things. His teacher didn't seem worried but she did make sure to correct him and now almost at the end of his first year in kindergarten, his pronunciation is just fine. If Josie didn't attend SOTDRT or even just parents who cared, I bet her speech would be much better.

Josie said "comed home" - she was generalizing the regular past tense "-ed" ending onto a verb that actually has an irregular past tense form ("came"). So, not a pronunciation thing, but rather a grammar thing, and a mistake that's actually very common in kids her age, and even older. Like saying "eated" instead of "ate," or "goed" instead of "went." It's actually a very cool stage in language development - it shows the kid grasps how regular past tense forms are made, but hasn't mastered all the irregular past tense forms. And as I said, pretty common even in kids aged 6 or 7, so I'll give J'chelle, Boob and the SOTDRT a pass here (though it pains me to do so!).

Re: the girls' room, I was actually thinking back and I don't think I've ever seen what the boys' room looks like. Now I skipped a few seasons in between there, so I'm just wondering: Do we never get to see the boys' room? We see the girls' room so frequently that it seems very weird not to show the boys' room at all.

Re: the girls' room, I was actually thinking back and I don't think I've ever seen what the boys' room looks like. Now I skipped a few seasons in between there, so I'm just wondering: Do we never get to see the boys' room? We see the girls' room so frequently that it seems very weird not to show the boys' room at all.

There is a tour on TLC's website: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and ... m-tour.htm (Oddly enough they have 10 beds for what was 9 boys at the time

Before the last couple seasons we never saw either bedroom much (this is from someone who has seen most Duggar episodes, but not all, so I could be misrembering or have missed it).

We've really only seen the girls room in the context of the courting girls packing/getting ready/etc. Though I'm sure the real reason we never see the boys room is because its a mess.

Josie said "comed home" - she was generalizing the regular past tense "-ed" ending onto a verb that actually has an irregular past tense form ("came"). So, not a pronunciation thing, but rather a grammar thing, and a mistake that's actually very common in kids her age, and even older. Like saying "eated" instead of "ate," or "goed" instead of "went." It's actually a very cool stage in language development - it shows the kid grasps how regular past tense forms are made, but hasn't mastered all the irregular past tense forms. And as I said, pretty common even in kids aged 6 or 7, so I'll give J'chelle, Boob and the SOTDRT a pass here (though it pains me to do so!).

My granddaughters, when they would try to say they "I am not" would say "I amn't". They weren't homeschooled, they both attended Head Start and public school full day preschool/kindergarten at the time. I'm pretty sure they said other funny things too but I don't remember them. My grandson at 2.5 is barely talking at all. One or two words, he hasn't even gotten to full sentences yet. Half of what he says is unintelligible. And...according to the pros, no worries. His receptive language is on point. He's just like his father who didn't speak in a manner that could be fully understood until he was probably close to 4.

There's a wide variation in speaking with kids...my oldest child spoke pretty much perfect English at not quite 2 and has been correcting everyone's grammar since (she's 32). My middle child was 3-ish when he finally decided to speak English. My youngest was closer to 4. Oldest granddaughter was 3-ish, next granddaughter (her sister) had ALL kinds of issues until kindergarten (she ended up getting speech therapy in school for awhile). Grandson at 2.5 gets his point across with one or two words..."Nona car" "Daddy home", "Play toys". He'll get there...

So...I wouldn't blame ALL Josie's speech quirks on SOTRT.

Does she think that's romantic? Ugh.

I was watching an episode either from this week or the time Jill went to Nepal to get asked out by Derrick and Michelle was cooing about how when they first got married she and J Boob had their own house. She said it was so wonderful to have their own things and even be able to share toothbrushes if they wanted. *cue googoo eyes and a grin*

I imagine Jessa is taking cues from her mom instead of the notebook to learn what is romantic lollll

The SOTDRT prob doesn't teach much science. [emoji6] Mouth bacteria. Ew

There is a tour on TLC's website: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and ... m-tour.htm (Oddly enough they have 10 beds for what was 9 boys at the time

Before the last couple seasons we never saw either bedroom much (this is from someone who has seen most Duggar episodes, but not all, so I could be misrembering or have missed it).

We've really only seen the girls room in the context of the courting girls packing/getting ready/etc. Though I'm sure the real reason we never see the boys room is because its a mess.

The room has changed since that video- they now have wooden bunk beds. It was first shown in season 9 but I couldn't track down an image (they were doing bible time with Derick and showed the whole room). The image below is from the recent reassigning jurisdiction episode.

post-2623-1445200019896_thumb.jpg

My granddaughters, when they would try to say they "I am not" would say "I amn't". They weren't homeschooled, they both attended Head Start and public school full day preschool/kindergarten at the time. I'm pretty sure they said other funny things too but I don't remember them. My grandson at 2.5 is barely talking at all. One or two words, he hasn't even gotten to full sentences yet. Half of what he says is unintelligible. And...according to the pros, no worries. His receptive language is on point. He's just like his father who didn't speak in a manner that could be fully understood until he was probably close to 4.

There's a wide variation in speaking with kids...my oldest child spoke pretty much perfect English at not quite 2 and has been correcting everyone's grammar since (she's 32). My middle child was 3-ish when he finally decided to speak English. My youngest was closer to 4. Oldest granddaughter was 3-ish, next granddaughter (her sister) had ALL kinds of issues until kindergarten (she ended up getting speech therapy in school for awhile). Grandson at 2.5 gets his point across with one or two words..."Nona car" "Daddy home", "Play toys". He'll get there...

So...I wouldn't blame ALL Josie's speech quirks on SOTRT.

Where I live, the most common contraction of "Am I not?" is "Amn't I?" rather than "Aren't I?" I've never heard of anyone (other than your granddaughters) saying "I amn't", though :)

She has such a wide network of help- there has to be someone [LOOKING AT YOU DERICK] who could get her the help that she might need.

I am not saying she needs help- I am saying IF she needs help.

It's not an issue of whether Jill has help. It's whether she can admit if she needs help and not just try to suck it up and "keep sweet". I found it very telling how in the recent People article, Jill said that it was CATHY who told her not to feel guilty about asking for help. Nothing from her own mom.

Anyway, here's a new sneak peak of Jill's special delivery.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/videos/first-look-jills-birth-episode

Fast-forward the painfully awkward first segment with Josie to Derick’s birthday party. I legit cried at the part when he got Cathy’s birthday gift. Derick has come under a lot of attack in recent months (not all deserved, IMO), and I may be in the minority, but I can’t “hate†on him like some do. Deep down, Derick seems like a genuinely good, solid guy. I still haven't given up hope that he and Jill will eventually get their **** together.

Other random comments:

Was that Majorie at Derick’s party? I can’t tell if she’s the one with the red scarf or the white headband. Derick’s birthday was on March 9th so it’s interesting she was there even though she and Josiah weren’t officially courting at that point.

Noticeably absent from the party? Jessa and Ben, again. They were also missing when Jill and Derick announced Baby Dilly's sex to the rest of her family. TLC tried to spin it like their gender reveal party happened while Jessa and Ben were on their honeymoon, which was just complete BS. Jill and Derick found out they were having a boy in mid-October. I don’t know who decided that Jessa and Ben shouldn’t be there and why. It seems odd to me. IMO, it kind of goes against Duggars wanting to present a happy, united family all the time.

Yeah, that's Marjorie. I don't think it's that weird that she was there, or in other pictures from before they officially started courting. They are encouraged to hang out in group settings before they decide whether they enter a courtship, aren't they? So it's not unusual for her to have been invited to Derick's birthday party.

I was too lazy to fast-forward, and even though Michelle, Josie and Jim Boob looking for the crib was, as you say, painfully awkward, it was worth it for Jordyn in the talking heads. First she looks bored then, when asked why she thinks Jill will be a good mom, her face totally says, "Because she already is one, duh!"

This sneak peak last night make Jim Bob and Michelle look sort of stupid. I'm sorry but how do you know remember where a big huge crib you used less than 5 years ago went...

Another damn scripted episode next week.

Also why did they get a new crib for Jennifer again? Wasn't the TLC one nice in the moving in special or is that the same one? Well I guess the moving in special was 10 years ago so the crib is ancient to the Duggars

Yeah, that's Marjorie. I don't think it's that weird that she was there, or in other pictures from before they officially started courting. They are encouraged to hang out in group settings before they decide whether they enter a courtship, aren't they? So it's not unusual for her to have been invited to Derick's birthday party.

Well, actually not. The whole point of courting is to get to know the other person and their family.

This is nothing more than more Duggar prevarication. Josiah and Marjorie were an item all the way back to at least Oct yet Josiah would have us believe he didn't notice her until some mission trip in Dec.

The official announcement on the day that Jill gives birth? LOL it's kinda unbelievable how Duggars/TLC think people are so stupid and gullible. That was nothing more than a ploy to distract from Jill's failed attempt to birth the second coming at home.

Thoughts about the sneak peek:

-I think that's the clearest, most articulate that I've ever heard Josie speak. So, she CAN sound like an average 5 year old if she tries hard enough/really wants to, then? Hm...makes me wonder if she's not playing up the baby attitude on purpose. If so, i think Joze could outfox them all.

-Something about Jordyn reminds me a lot of Jinger, before they prayed the spunk right out of her.

-I legit cried when Derick was reading his dad's journal entry. Actual tears were shed.

Thoughts about the sneak peek:

-I think that's the clearest, most articulate that I've ever heard Josie speak. So, she CAN sound like an average 5 year old if she tries hard enough/really wants to, then? Hm...makes me wonder if she's not playing up the baby attitude on purpose. If so, i think Joze could outfox them all.

-Something about Jordyn reminds me a lot of Jinger, before they prayed the spunk right out of her.

-I legit cried when Derick was reading his dad's journal entry. Actual tears were shed.

Yup, I lost it when she said "I didn't write that" and he realized it was his dad's handwriting... :crying-yellow:

It looked like several people were tearing up, MEchelle included! :shock:

Archived