IGNORED

Derick, Jill, and Izzie

Coconut Flan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no reason they couldn't as long as their teacher/ curriculum is actually COMPETENT. I'm kind of holding out hope that maybe after the first few years of home schooling Derick will realize Jill isn't really cut out for the job and send Izzy+future kids to a private Christian school, or maybe Jill will get overwhelmed and agree to send the kids to school just for the free childcare. I wouldn't be surprised if josh and Anna did that too,especially if they're still living in DC when Mackynzie gets a little older.

The curriculum the Duggars use is actually quite competant (the Switched On Schoolhouse) and would definitely be enough to begin college coursework. I know homeschoolers who use SOS and go on to college with no problem at all. The bible can also be used, for bible study, or as a compliment to other subjects, but what CANNOT be used with any regard to state standards is the ATI/IBLP "curriculum" that the Duggars have also used, featured, and promoted. Additionally, one cannot expect banner results by turning over teaching and oversight to one of 19 children (Jessa) and expect that all will achieve competency in all subjects.

I am so curious as to what their life is like.

My husband and I watched our infant niece for a week during our first year of marriage, and it was really stressful for us. I know it's different when it's your *own* kid (and when you want babies), but I am curious how they are handling the new relationship, new baby and new living situation.

I am so curious as to what their life is like.

My husband and I watched our infant niece for a week during our first year of marriage, and it was really stressful for us. I know it's different when it's your *own* kid (and when you want babies), but I am curious how they are handling the new relationship, new baby and new living situation.

Even if it's your own kids, it's tough. Probably even more, actually. My husband and I have had a lot of struggles the past year and a half since having a child. And we have what I consider a strong marriage. We've been married almost 9 years now and we're in our 30's and our child was 100% planned. But it's still really, really hard. And it's hard in ways I never could have predicted.

Maybe for some people it's easy as pie. But I know for us, it hasn't been. I cannot even imagine how hard it would have been if we decided to have kids when we were younger and only married briefly. I don't think our marriage would have survived at all.

The curriculum the Duggars use is actually quite competant (the Switched On Schoolhouse) and would definitely be enough to begin college coursework. I know homeschoolers who use SOS and go on to college with no problem at all. The bible can also be used, for bible study, or as a compliment to other subjects, but what CANNOT be used with any regard to state standards is the ATI/IBLP "curriculum" that the Duggars have also used, featured, and promoted. Additionally, one cannot expect banner results by turning over teaching and oversight to one of 19 children (Jessa) and expect that all will achieve competency in all subjects.

How do these homeschool courses like SOS handle lab sciences and upper level math like advanced algebra, geometry and trig? If the parent doesn't know how to do this stuff, how can the child learn it? Pretty hard to score well on ACT/SAT with low math skills.

Jill Dillard on her dream role model for baby Dilly:

[bBvideo 560,340:2sqcvb3e]http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20918011,00.html[/bBvideo]

Why do I keep clicking the people links. Why is People doing video.

"Character qualities" is a Gothard buzzword, you guys. Welcome to Free Jinger, new members. Pay attention and you'll learn what the Duggars are really about.

I'm seeing Jill's pregnancy face in that footage. I've never been good at detecting nose-spread*, etc, but in some pics of Jill I could really see it. Some kind of softening/lengthening of her chin, too, which is funny, because she's always been the horsiest Duggar, imo

fAbCO4O.png

*I'd never heard of pregnancy nose spread until I started lurking ONTD a few years ago and saw comments about Kim K and Jessica Simpson during their pregnancies, iirc, and it fascinates me. Carry on!

Why do I keep clicking the people links. Why is People doing video.

"Character qualities" is a Gothard buzzword, you guys. Welcome to Free Jinger, new members. Pay attention and you'll learn what the Duggars are really about.

I'm seeing Jill's pregnancy face in that footage. I've never been good at detecting nose-spread*, etc, but in some pics of Jill I could really see it. Some kind of softening/lengthening of her chin, too, which is funny, because she's always been the horsiest Duggar, imo

fAbCO4O.png

*I'd never heard of pregnancy nose spread until I started lurking ONTD a few years ago and saw comments about Kim K and Jessica Simpson during their pregnancies, iirc, and it fascinates me. Carry on!

It sounds like they are still 'training' some character qualities out of the littles.

My daughter-in-law told me about two weeks ago that she hates how her nose has spread during her pregnancy. I looked at her and thought she'd lost her mind. I had NEVER heard of this before. If my nose spread DH and I were blissfully unaware. I guess this is a thing. Label me fascinated, too. :lol:

Add me to the list of people who has never heard of it. I don't think it happened to me. If it does, is it permanent??

Though before having a baby, I also have no clue that it was possible for your hands and feet to get permanently bigger. Mine did. It sucks.

That reader comment from Daisy is awful. Lady, if you only knew what we know...you wouldn't be saying that nonsense.

Oh, I wasn't asking about the Duggars, specifically. I just mean, in general, a home schooled person could still get into college...right?

I was homeschooled and went on to med school. I dropped out second year because it wasn't my thing and now I homeschool my own brood, but I digress. Yes, you can get into college on a homeschool education. If you have a good ACT/SAT score, a spotless application and a decent admissions essay they really don't care where you're coming from. Of course, this is considering that most homeschoolers have vast amounts of life experience and actually have something to write the admission essays on. The Duggars haven't until fairly recently and even then I daresay travel is hardly considered life experience when you're so sheltered from everything else.

jessa with IDDY

11160002_882971695093046_1725776234794845857_n.jpg?oh=8d6241972749df46ad2559cd67383a0f&oe=55DE8874

That is such a massive baby. This is coming from someone who's lightest was 10.5lbs and 24" long... he looks so much bigger than any of mine.

Does Derick really think JB will allow his son go to a university

is he still living in la la land or am I ?

serious question - not about me - but about Derick

or even matter of fact Jill - will she allow it -because "Derick" is the head of the house

my overies are doing a dance looking at Derick and a bit of happy dance for Jessa

doesn't she look stunning - yes - I said it - she is glowing

I keep seeing people say "howlers"...what is that all about?

the middle boys are called howler monkeys

because they're so polite, well-behaved, and loving

:laughing-rolling:

my overies are doing a dance looking at Derick and a bit of happy dance for Jessa

doesn't she look stunning - yes - I said it - she is glowing

but her eyebrows :?

but her eyebrows :?

that's ok - I can send her to my lady

and everyone loves my eyebrows -they tell me so :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

The second is more likely. The Duggars getting special treatment because they are famous is nothing new.

I sincerely doubt that anyone will care about the Duggars in 18 years when ID is old enough for college. At least, I very sincerely hope so.

Yes. A lot of the kids who go to the National Spelling Bee are homeschooled, iirc

True, but memorizing how to spell words does not foster critical thinking. I know some very well educated young people Who were homeschooled but they didn't spend their time that way.

that's ok - I can send her to my lady

and everyone loves my eyebrows -they tell me so :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Can I come to your lady too? I had an amazing brow waxer in my old city, now my brows are a mess

Archived